MarkDP
Avatar
Another Oddity
I have been doing a lot of reading on 17th century Formosa. I have mentioned that I have a number of friends from Taiwan. I have one person who has been my friend for a long time. She has been very important in my life. Well, in my discussions with her I discovered that her ancestors were very prominant in ending the Dutch trading colony in Tainan.
eeee!!!
I knew her family had been there. I didn't realize their role.
Its interesting that she has had such a prominant place in my life. In some sense she saved me. She put me in to my current career. She dragged me kicking and screaming into this career. Insisting that I return to school and earn a Masters degree.
Its as if she were repaying a debt. A feeling I always had, but never understood.
What does this mean?
As I go through this process, I wonder about the meaning of a life or a lifetime. I wonder how all our lives or destinies are so complicated and interwoven.
I never expected to have such close relationships with people from this little nation off the coast of China. Yes, I always had a strong pull toward Formosa, but I am amazed that I know people from there.
I had breakfast with another Taiwanese friend the other morning. We met in the train station before we went to our seperate ways. She was so excited about the idea of writing a novel based on Taiwan (she doesn't know about my pl experience). She has offered her help. She is brilliant and an offer of help means a great deal.. Her family has only been there 100 years.
The dreams are opening up a new world of experiences. I think this path is the right way to go.
I have other things to share, but its time to go to work.
I have been doing a lot of reading on 17th century Formosa. I have mentioned that I have a number of friends from Taiwan. I have one person who has been my friend for a long time. She has been very important in my life. Well, in my discussions with her I discovered that her ancestors were very prominant in ending the Dutch trading colony in Tainan.
eeee!!!
I knew her family had been there. I didn't realize their role.
Its interesting that she has had such a prominant place in my life. In some sense she saved me. She put me in to my current career. She dragged me kicking and screaming into this career. Insisting that I return to school and earn a Masters degree.
Its as if she were repaying a debt. A feeling I always had, but never understood.
What does this mean?
As I go through this process, I wonder about the meaning of a life or a lifetime. I wonder how all our lives or destinies are so complicated and interwoven.
I never expected to have such close relationships with people from this little nation off the coast of China. Yes, I always had a strong pull toward Formosa, but I am amazed that I know people from there.
I had breakfast with another Taiwanese friend the other morning. We met in the train station before we went to our seperate ways. She was so excited about the idea of writing a novel based on Taiwan (she doesn't know about my pl experience). She has offered her help. She is brilliant and an offer of help means a great deal.. Her family has only been there 100 years.
The dreams are opening up a new world of experiences. I think this path is the right way to go.
I have other things to share, but its time to go to work.