Verifications are fun, but in my view are not the most important thing with past life memories. The name of the port town could have been in goodness knows what language, so difficult to google. It certainly sounds plausible enough. This kind of thing no doubt happened a lot. It was a great age for sailing all over the world and crews were picked up in every port as the need arose. A young boy would have been a deck hand or cabin boy most likely.Phthalo said:Hi everyone. I've been on a bit of an hiatus but while I was away I tried a few self-regression tapes I hadn't tried before and saw this. I wonder if people could help me verify information because it's not my area of expertise.Thanks! ...
Yeah. I think the location could easily have been a colony or otherwise a place that had some amount of contact with Europeans. There was a mix of languages.argonne1918 said:In the 1600's there were several European countries who had merchant navies. Holland, France, England, Spain, and Portugal. Thanks to Marco Polo China was a major and most important destination. Getting from Europe to China was easy with primitive navigation. The ships simply traced the continents and stayed within sight of land. Any idea of what language was being spoken? 15 and 16 year old boys would probably have no trouble getting hired on a sailing ship's crew.
Thanks! I remember a lot of other small details that were very vivid and which I remember well, if only I was as good at remembering words... it would be awesome if I could remember my old name for example.tanguerra said:Verifications are fun, but in my view are not the most important thing with past life memories. The name of the port town could have been in goodness knows what language, so difficult to google. It certainly sounds plausible enough. This kind of thing no doubt happened a lot. It was a great age for sailing all over the world and crews were picked up in every port as the need arose. A young boy would have been a deck hand or cabin boy most likely.
More important is what does it all mean to you? What are the emotions? Why are these moments signficant to you? We tend to remember moments of significance or in some way pivotal in that life. Try doing further meditation on these moments and see what else comes from that.
I'm sure they were. Even today ships crews are from different countries. Usually the companies will hire the cheapest they can find. Supervisors have to speak the languages of the crew. Burma (port of Rangoon), Malaysia (port of Singapore) and Indonesia (then called Dutch East Indies or Java) would have been right on the trade routes to China. At that time Japan was still a closed society. The European bases in China were Hong Kong, Macao, and Shanghai. And keep in mind each ship did not have to travel the entire distance. The ships probably operated between pairs of ports. For example a ship would go back and forth between Rangoon and Singapore or Singapore and Dutch East Indies/Java. The cargo would then be unloaded and put on another ship for the next leg. Archaeologists in the Mediterranean have dug up ships from the Roman and Greek Empire days and analyzed the cargo. We now know the ships traveled in a circle around the Mediterranean and stopped at every port and unloaded / loaded cargo. Today we would call this a "milk run".Phthalo said:When crew was being hired for European ships, could some of the people doing the hiring be non-Europeans? Somehow it makes sense given that they would know how to get the point across better and would know where to find the best crew, but I don't know. One of the men I spoke to was certainly not European.
You know best what's going on in your life at the moment. Sometimes I won't see a connection between a certain memory and a present life situation until years later. Other times it's obvious. Don't worry about it too much.Phthalo said:... I'm not sure what it means to me in this life though. If you have any advice on points I should consider when meditating on that would be really helpful!