• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Beneficial Memories

  • Thread starter Thread starter DianePF
  • Start date Start date
D

DianePF

Guest
Sometimes the memories offer good explanations of present behavior. When my older son was about 5 yrs. old, he developed a very protective stance toward another boy in our neighborhood. This neighbor was a year older, but much smaller in stature, and subject to some bullying. I was rather pleased my son tried to prevent the bullying, but was also surprised because he and this other boy really didn't seem to have much in common. This went on for several years until one day, my son came home from school with yet another tale of protecting his buddy. He also expressed some frustration about not knowing why he had to always be the protector. I remember suggesting that maybe it was time for his friend to stand up for himself instead of relying on my son to fight his battles for him. The next morning, my son woke up and started talking about a strange dream he'd had, describing uniforms and a battle and cannon shots. I asked him if he could describe the uniforms, and he sat down and drew a battle scene, showing me which figure was him and which was his friend. He blurted out... "I ran away when the shell hit; I didn't save him."

We got out the encyclopedia and found the uniforms... Napolenic era. We talked about how perhaps he was feeling that because he didn't 'save' his friend then, that he felt that he always had to 'save' him now.

While the two boys remained friends, my son seemed better able to let his friend begin to take responsibility for himself.

I still have the drawing, and fully believe that these two young men were involved in a battle. During that battle, with cannon balls falling, they scattered for their lives, with one young man going in the wrong direction.

The dream my son had allowed him to see what was driving his overprotective feeling toward this boy in this life, to let go of it enough so that they could each be free to make their decisions in this life.
 
Dear Diane,

This is a 'case in point', where a single
dream about a past life incident can help
someone deal with an important issue in
a present life.

You handled it so well. Your son is very
lucky to have you for his mother. I am
sure you are equally proud to have such a
caring and compassionate son.

It is also a reminder to those who feel
eager to question their children of any
past life memories. We remember what we
need when and if we need to just as your
son did.

Kat
 
Sounds like you have a very special boy there. I'm glad that he was able to talk to you about his frustration and his dream. One experience like that could mark your future and your future lives. Your open mindedness helped him deal with and resolve the issue.
I wish you both a happy life. Thanks for a great story.
Catseye2
 
It seems so funny that we used to be afraid of canon balls now that we have nuclear warheads. My how times have changed!

Hope you're all having a great day. Take Care, -rinkrat.
 
I guess that if it's enough to kill you, it really doesn't matter whether it's a cannon ball or a nuclear warhead

I have 2 sons, now 29 and 22. When younger, they each displayed some really unique abilities. We learned early on to distinguish between 'true dreams' and 'dreams'. Some of the true ones dealt with future events, others with past ones. As they've grown older, and their lives have become more involved, the dreams -- or at least their talk of them -- is less frequent. I think, though, that once experienced, it never really goes away.
 
I thought this was a great post that some newer members might enjoy. I think it gives a wonderful example of how a past life situation can affect our current life.
 
Thank you Kay :)


for pulling out this thread again


I too think it's interesting and let us think of why we sometimes behave or feel in certain ways - and also that it's so important not just to dismiss these behaviours and feelings - and also being supportive if we are told about them


Clivia
 
For us personally, our son used to just remember his past life outright as if the things he remembered happened yesterday. However, as he got older, around 7, he only seems to dream about his past life, not actually remember it like you might remember where you put your car keys.


He, like Diana's son, is able to distinguish the difference between a past life dream and a regular dream. A lot gets worked out through the dreams. It is easy for me to see the significance or relevance of each dream so far.


I agree with Clivia that we should encourage talk of any dreams because I think if the child thinks enough of it to bring it up, then it is most likely relevant.
 
Back
Top