Mammatus
A Squid With a Rocketship
I haven't posted here in a while, but my brother (who is 12) recently provided me with information that made me recall that I am in fact a member here : angel
He doesn't know anything about reincarnation, and I've never commented to him about it, but the dreams he described to me sound very, very much like he was recalling past life memories. They intrigued me even more, as he mentioned that I was in several of them.
The first one I'm going to start with were his Aztec dreams. He didn't describe this one as much as he did the American Civil War ones, but he was still very detailed about it. What makes me further believe that these were memories was that he recalled things that he does not know, and would not know. He has never read anything about the Aztec empire, or even seen anything about it.
So, here we go.
The first dream he had, he explained to me that he was a man about 30 or so. He had accompanied his family and several friends to a ceremony outside the large temple in the center of the city. It was a religious ceremony, presumably to celebrate some holiday.
The emperor gave a riveting speech, and then motioned for the priest/medicine man to come forth. As he ascended the stairs to the platform, another man bound in ropes followed solemnly behind.
Next, my brother said, they placed the man on a table and the priest raised a very large knife like object to the man's chest. I'm going to cut out the bloody details that he gave me, but basically, the priest cut open the man's chest and pulled his heart out amidst his screams, and held it up. According to my brother, the man's heart was still beating.
The next Aztec dream he told me about, he explained that something unfortunate had transpired in the empire and he had fallen in with a plot to assassinate the emperor. He had managed to sneak into the emperor's quarters, but when he attempted to stab him, he was caught, and later executed.
He then explained that I had been there in the background, presumably a guard or warrior of some sort.
Then, he began to explain his Civil War one.
He was very young when he joined the Union army, possibly underage as well. He didn't allude to why he had joined, simply that he had.
He explained that at first he thought he'd be some glorious hero back home, but that he quickly realised what a bad decision he had made.
They had plunged into battle against the Confederates near a treeline, where he did not say. He explained that he was taking cover behind a tree as the Union soldiers in his battalion were being pushed back into the forest. He was fumbling with loading his musket, when a musket ball whizzed by dangerously close to his ear and hit another Union soldier in the head.
He said he was terrified and covered in sweat, and was shaking uncontrollably. He was about to round the tree and take a shot when a Confederate nearly ran into him, and my brother stabbed him with the bayonet.
He said that later, he saw me riding on a horse and said that I had been a Confederate. According to him, I may have been an officer.
I was extremely amazed at the detail in which he described his dreams to me, especially since he doesn't usually put such detail into his own works of fiction, games or really, anything. He also explained to me how to load and operate a musket, which he does not have any prior knowledge of knowing how to do.
I can in part verify the Aztec dreams he had, as I do recall having been an Aztec myself. I don't remeber anything major though, just minor details.
I cannot however, verify the Civil War one, as I currently have no recollection of a lifetime during that era. I do deem it a possibility, since my sympathies on the subject of the war itself, lie with the Confederates anyway and is a subject that greatly interests me today.
He doesn't know anything about reincarnation, and I've never commented to him about it, but the dreams he described to me sound very, very much like he was recalling past life memories. They intrigued me even more, as he mentioned that I was in several of them.
The first one I'm going to start with were his Aztec dreams. He didn't describe this one as much as he did the American Civil War ones, but he was still very detailed about it. What makes me further believe that these were memories was that he recalled things that he does not know, and would not know. He has never read anything about the Aztec empire, or even seen anything about it.
So, here we go.
The first dream he had, he explained to me that he was a man about 30 or so. He had accompanied his family and several friends to a ceremony outside the large temple in the center of the city. It was a religious ceremony, presumably to celebrate some holiday.
The emperor gave a riveting speech, and then motioned for the priest/medicine man to come forth. As he ascended the stairs to the platform, another man bound in ropes followed solemnly behind.
Next, my brother said, they placed the man on a table and the priest raised a very large knife like object to the man's chest. I'm going to cut out the bloody details that he gave me, but basically, the priest cut open the man's chest and pulled his heart out amidst his screams, and held it up. According to my brother, the man's heart was still beating.
The next Aztec dream he told me about, he explained that something unfortunate had transpired in the empire and he had fallen in with a plot to assassinate the emperor. He had managed to sneak into the emperor's quarters, but when he attempted to stab him, he was caught, and later executed.
He then explained that I had been there in the background, presumably a guard or warrior of some sort.
Then, he began to explain his Civil War one.
He was very young when he joined the Union army, possibly underage as well. He didn't allude to why he had joined, simply that he had.
He explained that at first he thought he'd be some glorious hero back home, but that he quickly realised what a bad decision he had made.
They had plunged into battle against the Confederates near a treeline, where he did not say. He explained that he was taking cover behind a tree as the Union soldiers in his battalion were being pushed back into the forest. He was fumbling with loading his musket, when a musket ball whizzed by dangerously close to his ear and hit another Union soldier in the head.
He said he was terrified and covered in sweat, and was shaking uncontrollably. He was about to round the tree and take a shot when a Confederate nearly ran into him, and my brother stabbed him with the bayonet.
He said that later, he saw me riding on a horse and said that I had been a Confederate. According to him, I may have been an officer.
I was extremely amazed at the detail in which he described his dreams to me, especially since he doesn't usually put such detail into his own works of fiction, games or really, anything. He also explained to me how to load and operate a musket, which he does not have any prior knowledge of knowing how to do.
I can in part verify the Aztec dreams he had, as I do recall having been an Aztec myself. I don't remeber anything major though, just minor details.
I cannot however, verify the Civil War one, as I currently have no recollection of a lifetime during that era. I do deem it a possibility, since my sympathies on the subject of the war itself, lie with the Confederates anyway and is a subject that greatly interests me today.