Mr. Nostalgia
Member
Hi, as I'm sure you can tell I'm new, so sorry if I do something wrong!
During my childhood, I had a massive amount of dreams, just like any other human being. But some of these dreams, I'm sure were not total fabrications of the mind.
The reason I think this, is that recently I remembered one of these dreams (which I will describe below) when I was realxing leaning out of the window listening to emotional and nostalgic music. I was flooded with such deep and overpowering emotion that I wrote down everything I remembered. I simply cannot believe that such vivid scenes and emotions could be made up by a young mind as mine was then. Sure it might have been just a creation, but it doesn't feel like that, some deep instinct in my mind is telling me that it's real.
Here is what I wrote after recalling the dream:
There is a pine forest, tall trees around, thick overhead and high canopy (20-40ft) and evergreen trees, low to the ground about 8-14ft high. It might have been snowing, but I also remember a time when it was autumn and another where it was summer. Around a group of evergreen trees there is a bench, it is wooden and curved, the straight thin panels curve over the back and front, the support struts are black, the panels might be beige, oak or also might be dark brown, I cannot remember this detail clearly. There is a woman on the bench, or someone, between 20 and 30. She stand's up and her face is glowing, and she is smiling. I can't remember the face. She might be wearing a hat. There maybe leaves on the ground, or undergrowth, there seems to be some sort of archway or overgrowth above my head, I keep thinking of christmas lights too for some reason, but I don't think there were any in this particular scene. It's afternoon, or maybe sunset, the sun is shining through the trees. I dont feel cold, I am in a brown jacket, dark brown, and I almost remember seeing myself, but that may be an invented perception, I'm about the same age as the woman as well. But the woman is wearing a lighter brown coat, it is fur lined, but it is not like a modern fur coat. I think there is no defined pathway and I can see taller trees and scattered evergreens in the distance. I am so happy to see this woman, it feels like I've waited a lifetime for it. I am so excited to be with her. From her smile I can see she feels the same, I can also tell the woman is like me, she is similar in the way she thinks. Her smile sends my heart racing. The scene is so nostalgic, and incredibly sad but in an overall happy way. It feels so real, I am certain its a real place, it feels so distant but yet so close.
In a completely separate dream that I had maybe 2 or 3 years ago I saw another woman, and kept thinking the name 'tyra' or maybe 'lyra', but I suppose it could also be spelt laira/taira.
Seeing as we all have so many dreams when we are young, could remembering those possibly be a way to discover memories that orginate before this lifetime?
Has anyone had any similar experiences with childhood dreams?
During my childhood, I had a massive amount of dreams, just like any other human being. But some of these dreams, I'm sure were not total fabrications of the mind.
The reason I think this, is that recently I remembered one of these dreams (which I will describe below) when I was realxing leaning out of the window listening to emotional and nostalgic music. I was flooded with such deep and overpowering emotion that I wrote down everything I remembered. I simply cannot believe that such vivid scenes and emotions could be made up by a young mind as mine was then. Sure it might have been just a creation, but it doesn't feel like that, some deep instinct in my mind is telling me that it's real.
Here is what I wrote after recalling the dream:
There is a pine forest, tall trees around, thick overhead and high canopy (20-40ft) and evergreen trees, low to the ground about 8-14ft high. It might have been snowing, but I also remember a time when it was autumn and another where it was summer. Around a group of evergreen trees there is a bench, it is wooden and curved, the straight thin panels curve over the back and front, the support struts are black, the panels might be beige, oak or also might be dark brown, I cannot remember this detail clearly. There is a woman on the bench, or someone, between 20 and 30. She stand's up and her face is glowing, and she is smiling. I can't remember the face. She might be wearing a hat. There maybe leaves on the ground, or undergrowth, there seems to be some sort of archway or overgrowth above my head, I keep thinking of christmas lights too for some reason, but I don't think there were any in this particular scene. It's afternoon, or maybe sunset, the sun is shining through the trees. I dont feel cold, I am in a brown jacket, dark brown, and I almost remember seeing myself, but that may be an invented perception, I'm about the same age as the woman as well. But the woman is wearing a lighter brown coat, it is fur lined, but it is not like a modern fur coat. I think there is no defined pathway and I can see taller trees and scattered evergreens in the distance. I am so happy to see this woman, it feels like I've waited a lifetime for it. I am so excited to be with her. From her smile I can see she feels the same, I can also tell the woman is like me, she is similar in the way she thinks. Her smile sends my heart racing. The scene is so nostalgic, and incredibly sad but in an overall happy way. It feels so real, I am certain its a real place, it feels so distant but yet so close.
In a completely separate dream that I had maybe 2 or 3 years ago I saw another woman, and kept thinking the name 'tyra' or maybe 'lyra', but I suppose it could also be spelt laira/taira.
Seeing as we all have so many dreams when we are young, could remembering those possibly be a way to discover memories that orginate before this lifetime?
Has anyone had any similar experiences with childhood dreams?