• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Could all these things contribute to a past life?

Ambrosius

New Member
My past life has been on my mind a lot recently, and now I'm desperately searching for answers. I'm trying to piece together aspects of my life, so what do you think it all could mean?
When I was young, I was obsessed with magic tricks, and impressing people with my Marvin's Magic sets. It was a big part of my childhood. Magic tricks were almost the only thing I did, when I wasn't out looking for adventure.
I have a love for the dark age period. When ever I hear the words "Medieval", "Dark Age" or "King Arthur" I get chills. I'm literally overly obsessed with the legends.
This is going to sound mental, but once I was out cantering on my horse. On the path ahead, I saw the silhouettes of riders moving through the trees. I slowed down, as not to set off their horses. Only thing is, they completely disappeared. A bush got in the way of my view, and they never emerged. I know the woodland paths like the back of my hand, and there was no other way to go other than where they should have headed. Later, on a path down the hill from me, I saw more riders, clearer. They were clad in red. They too disappeared behind some hedgerow, and never emerged, and I also knew that path very well - there was no way to turn back or go elsewhere. Ghosts perhaps? I don't know...
My greatest fears are being trapped, in a tight space with no chance of escape, claustrophobia (only in extreme cases though) and losing a good friend.
Lastly, I get these sudden urges that something is calling for me. I'll feel so determined, destined for something, and have a burning desire to find answers, but I don't know what I'm trying to find answers to...
Also, only this morning I discovered that my totem animal is a falcon. Apparently falcons go all the way through ones different lives, and may come from early medieval times, which kind of explains my love for the time period. I've also found falcons to perch near me while riding out, and stare at me until I'm too far in the distance.
Any ideas?
Thanks for reading!
 
Welcome, Ambrosius. All, or some of the things you mentioned could be past life related. Do you write poetry? You would be a "natural" for it. Your verbal imagery is beautiful.
 
Thanks for the reply! No, I don't, but I write a lot of fantasy fiction. Thank you so much for the compliment!


I've been thinking of some more thing, that could possibly be answers.


My best friend and I took little, or no time to get to know each other. It was like we always had, and have been close these whole four years. When I first met her, I instantly became super interested in dark age/medieval life. I didn't even know she also had a passion for it. It was as if meeting her trigged something, helped me remember. Also, at the time I had never heard of King Arthur's famous kingdom - Camelot. My friend set her skype loction to Camelot. Even though I had never heard of it, I knew it was special, and it too clicked something. Many people say the Arthurian legends were merely stories, but I believe there was some truth - perhaps romantisised, but there was something there. After all, they were the 'Dark' Ages, and no one truly knows.


This past year, we've become closer, our friendship even stronger. We are totally in synch. As a joke, we refer to each other as 'brother' and speak in old English. As in all great partnerships, there is the alpha. She is the alpha, and as a joke we call her the queen, and I am the loyal advisor! We went into town for the turning on of the city's Christmas lights. As we waded through the throng, we listened to the announcer. He said, "This year, we're calling each of the areas where we have attractions throughout the city centre 'nodes'. There's the..." He then went on listing these 'nodes', however one jumped out to us. This was the 'dragon node'. Being obsessed with all things fantasy, we both decided to go in pursuit of this dragon node. However, it was not in our programme. After much hunting around, we asked several stewards. Each of them confirmed the same thing - The dragon node was non exsistant. Why, had both of us heard 'dragon node' and no one else had? It was when we were sat in a coffee shop that I looked it up, and found a node is where pathways meet (My friend and I's pathways crossed throughout many lives?) also, in astrology, ones destiny is determined by the nodes, described as the head and tail of a dragon. The tail represents past lives, and the head represents destiny, the future. Quite frankly, we were shocked.


Just before I wrote this reply, I closed my eyes, trying to remember. I got an image of a young woman. She had very long, straight blonde hair, and grey/blue eyes. I could only see the top half of her, but it appeared she was wearing almost pesant like clothing. She was not me. I had a strong feeling that I was the onlooker, that had been speaking with her. Behind her, was a medieval market place, and behind that, a large, grand castle. The stone was brown, and ivy snaked up from the ground to the battlements. The girl laughed, and I laughed too. My laugh was deep and masculine (I'm a female, 15 almost 16) She ran off in the direction of the market, and she disappeared, heading towards the drawbridge of the castle, I realised she was actually wearing a long, grand dress and that the piece on top was a shawl, as if she was disguising her nobility. One name I got from this was 'Fay' - possibly the name of the girl.
 
Welcome to the forum, Ambrosius! I'm a big fantasy fan too (Mainly A Song of Ice and Fire and LotR). Looking forward to reading more of your story as you discover it!
 
Welcome to the forum. You sound like you are a good subject for remembering past lives. It also sounds like your friend has been with you in one or more past lives. You need to start keeping a journal and write everything down. Even little details that don't mean much at the time.
 
Whippoorwill - I love LotR as well, and I'm also currently watching Game of Thrones TV series!


I'm getting hints of the stones Amber and Amethyst... Taurus (star sign for Amber) does not relate to me at all, nor was I born in February (Month of Amethyst) however my south node is Pisces, which is the star sign for Amethyst. I feel a connection to Amber for some reason, and also for Amethyst. Just the other day, I found an amethyst pendant in my room, with no idea where it came from. I've been drawn towards it, with an urge to wear it, even under my jumper up at the stables. I asked my mum about it. She said it was given to her years ago, but never wore it because it had always had a stone missing. She does not know how it got into my room.


This may be nothing, but I find it strange how this pendant got into my room, and I have a connection with it...
 
I am drawn to amber, Ambrosius, and often wear it. Is that why you picked your "name"? If you haven't read T.H. White's "Once and Future King", you must do so immediately. If you can, also read the "Mists of Avalon", by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I just bought "Game of Thrones". The body gets older, but the soul never ages. I believe that Arthur existed, in some form, romanticized or not. Without magic and fantasy, the world would be a dead and terrible place. The things you wrote about dragons, and nodes are interesting. People come together for a reason, like you and your friend, and I don't believe that "coincidence" exists.
 
I believe that amethyst is a stone for increasing psychic awareness and amber is linked to past life memories, so they seem to be seeking you out for a reason! I'm never sure if I believe in crystals, but I do like them! I carry amethyst, blue lace agate, petrified wood and a phantom crystal around with me, to help with my past life recall. It can't hurt, right? :-)


I've always loved fantasy and the stories of King Arthur, nice to meet someone of a like mind. You should definitely read ASOIAF at some point, the show is great, but it's messing with some of my favourite storylines! Alas!


Ooh, you'll have to let me know what you think of A Game of Thrones, BriarRose! You do mean the book, rather than the show, yes?
 
That was partly why. The character that intrigues me most from Arthurian legend is Merlin, and I know another name for him is Ambrosius. This, combined with the attraction to amber has made this pretty much become my new online identity! I feel it fits perfectly. I am so glad to find people that also believed Arthur was real. In so many articles, or forums I've read, people always seem to start of with "Firstly, he was not real..." and it actually kind of gives me a bit of a downer!


I've not read them, but they are definitely on my reading list! Thanks!


That's pretty interesting about the crystals, Whippoorwill. It just so happens, the friend that I've discussed in this thread gave me the small sample of Amber that I own. I think partly the reason I feel drawn to it is because it is from trees, and I've always felt very connected with nature.


I'll definitely read the books! My friend (Yup, the same one... I'm beginning to look like I only have one!) is listening to the audiobooks at the moment.
 
Welcome to the forum! I don't have much information on Medieval times but love the way you describe them.


As for the riders you saw I would say you have encountered ghosts. Perhaps they were nudging your remembrances ....
 
It's the book of Game of Thrones, Whippoorwill. You, Ambrosius and I must be sisters from another time, separated by decades of life, and a few oceans. I don't know if I believe in crystals either, but I do carry them around! Sometimes I give a little piece of rose quartz to people who need comfort and healing. Okay, Ambrosius, you do know that Nimue locked Merlin in a tree, where he is imprisoned to this day, right? I think it's time he got out! Your past lives are going to be fun to discover. The riders who disappeared in the woods reminded me of the Wild Hunt. I have another book suggestion for everyone - Laurel K. Hamilton's Fey series. It starts with "A Kiss of Shadows". I love them, but they are a little (very) risque'. I call them "Faerie Porn", but they take you right into the unseen world we sense is there.
 
Hi Ambrosius.


Welcome to the forum. Yes, it sounds to me like some of this at least might be past life related. I don't know about the disappearing horses, but a childhood fascination with something - such as magic tricks - could be a perfectly normal present life fascination, especially if it's prompted by someone giving you a book on magic tricks for Christmas or similar. However, it is not uncommon for children to become very attracted to something that's from a previous life, such as playing a particular instrument or doing a particular sport.


I've read stories about children throwing tantrums continuously until they were given something they demanded, such as a violin, that turned out to be significant from their past life. HH The Dalai Lama wrote in one of his books about how when he was very little (before he was 'discovered') he always demanded to sit at the head of the family table and insisted everyone should defer to him, pass him things and so on. He was so insistent about it the family gave in eventually to get some peace at meal times.

My greatest fears are being trapped, in a tight space with no chance of escape, claustrophobia (only in extreme cases though) and losing a good friend...
Yes, fears and phobias are often past life related.

Lastly, I get these sudden urges that something is calling for me. I'll feel so determined, destined for something, and have a burning desire to find answers, but I don't know what I'm trying to find answers to...
In my experience, 'funny feelings' like this are usually a sign that something is about to unfold for you.


Please read through the FAQs if you have not already done so. You will find lots of useful information in there about this whole reincarnation thing and how to find out more about your past lives.


Enjoy.
 
I did know that, which is creepy because I am claustophobic to a certain extent! I'm definitely enjoying this. Although, I tried regression last night, but didn't get the most out of it (partly because I fell asleep before I could open the final door) and I tend to avoid meditation. I'm frightened that I'll make something up, I'll imagine things then convince myself I was someone in my past life, and live, convinced when actually it was just my imagination. I trust the memory of 'Fay'. It came suddenly, and I had no time to make it up. I also trust the Falcon I got as my totem animal, as it's not the type of thing I would expect myself to choose (that being horses, wolves, and dragons.) The falcon seems to fit me perfectly.


Wow, I read up about the Wild Hunt, which is interesting. I've not died or become plague ridden yet, and they were walking, so I must be in their good books!


Do any of you know about past life dreams? I had a series of very vivid, short snipits of dreams at one point. They seemed to play part of a big story. All of them interlinked, and the order I had them in was chronologically backwards. The ending was revealed before the begining.
 
Ambrosius said:
I'm frightened that I'll make something up, I'll imagine things then convince myself I was someone in my past life, and live, convinced when actually it was just my imagination.... Do any of you know about past life dreams? I had a series of very vivid, short snipits of dreams at one point. They seemed to play part of a big story. All of them interlinked, and the order I had them in was chronologically backwards. The ending was revealed before the begining.
It takes a bit of practice to get the hang of all this, so just be patient and keep trying. If you have a genuine past life memory it will feel very different to something you've 'just made up'. There is usually a lot of emotion attached to it for one thing. There is usually a great deal of detail, sounds, smells, dirt, hot, cold, etc. You may only get the flash of one moment (often something fairly dramatic, especially when you first begin) but you understand the background to it, you know what you were thinking, you know what you were wearing, you know why you were there, you know who that person is in front of you ... It's pretty much impossible to imagine anything as vividly as a past life memory, so don't worry about that for the moment.


When you first start experimenting with this stuff you may only get very faint 'whispers' in your mind of names, brief images or words and it could feel like you're just imagining it. But ask yourself, where does imagination come from? The subconscious, right? Where does the 'subconscious' come from? Memories. Just trust the fact that not all of your memories will be from this life. With a bit of practice you can bring things into much sharper focus. It's a very good idea to start keeping a journal. Even something that you think you might have made up might later turn out to be significant or a clue to something else.


It's a bit like trying to remember something from childhood, or when you can't quite remember the name of someone you haven't seen for ages. At first you think, 'Oh, I can't remember!' and the harder you try the more difficult it seems. Then one day 'pow!' it all comes back to you in a flash and you remember everything. When it happens it's unmistakable.


As to dreams, often when you start fooling around with this stuff you may notice that your dreams become more vivid and more memorable. Many people only experience past life memories in dreams. Others only in waking. It just depends.


Again, keep a journal by the bed and write things down as soon as you can before they fade. What might seem like a bit of a jumble at first will become more clear gradually. Sometimes it can take a few weeks or even a few months or more to put the pieces of an experience together. It's not like in the movies when they have a sudden revelation and it's all neat and understandable and clear. It's more like the long lost memories of your childhood - a jumble of moments, not necessarily in any order - although usually the most significant or powerful ones will be the clearest.
 
Ambrosius said:
I tried regression last night, but didn't get the most out of it (partly because I fell asleep before I could open the final door) and I tend to avoid meditation. I'm frightened that I'll make something up, I'll imagine things then convince myself I was someone in my past life, and live, convinced when actually it was just my imagination.
Do any of you know about past life dreams? I had a series of very vivid, short snipits of dreams at one point. They seemed to play part of a big story. All of them interlinked, and the order I had them in was chronologically backwards. The ending was revealed before the begining.
It's very common for people to think they are just making it up when they start doing regressions or having past life dreams. The way you know they are real is because they are so vivid. You feel like you can reach out and touch what you are seeing. Some people even smell them. Regular dreams are not vivid like past life dreams or memories. Start writing things down. Once you start having past life dreams or memories they may become more frequent. Especially someone like you who appears to have the ability to remember so easily.
 
Hello there.


Some things could be past life related, those would be: being obsessed with medieval times, fear of being trapped... and that would be it.

Ambrosius said:
Even though I had never heard of it, I knew it was special, and it too clicked something. Many people say the Arthurian legends were merely stories, but I believe there was some truth - perhaps romantisised, but there was something there. After all, they were the 'Dark' Ages, and no one truly knows.
Err, no. I think they were called the "Dark ages" because there was a retrogression in scientific development since the church was so involved in every aspect of life, not because nobody knows what happened during those years. I think King Arthur is as real as Sherlock Holmes.

Ambrosius said:
This is going to sound mental, but once I was out cantering on my horse. On the path ahead, I saw the silhouettes of riders moving through the trees. I slowed down, as not to set off their horses. Only thing is, they completely disappeared. A bush got in the way of my view, and they never emerged. I know the woodland paths like the back of my hand, and there was no other way to go other than where they should have headed. Later, on a path down the hill from me, I saw more riders, clearer. They were clad in red. They too disappeared behind some hedgerow, and never emerged, and I also knew that path very well - there was no way to turn back or go elsewhere. Ghosts perhaps? I don't know...
When I' m tired , and specially when I' m in the road traveling somewhere or anywhere in movement, is not weird that I see things that doesn' t exist, I see dogs, one time I saw a boy. I think it would be too premature to say they were ghosts. In my opinion, they are just nothing, specially if you only saw them once. I wouldn' t rush in giving it an explanation with no further manifestations.


Being obsessed with myths and legends could be that... you liked to read myths and legends in the past. I really love Nietzsche and Plato and sometimes when I read their books is as if they were repeating things I have already thought before. The most reasonable explanation is that I used to read Nietzsche and Plato in a past life.

Ambrosius said:
We went into town for the turning on of the city's Christmas lights. As we waded through the throng, we listened to the announcer. He said, "This year, we're calling each of the areas where we have attractions throughout the city centre 'nodes'. There's the..." He then went on listing these 'nodes', however one jumped out to us. This was the 'dragon node'. Being obsessed with all things fantasy, we both decided to go in pursuit of this dragon node. However, it was not in our programme. After much hunting around, we asked several stewards. Each of them confirmed the same thing - The dragon node was non exsistant. Why, had both of us heard 'dragon node' and no one else had? It was when we were sat in a coffee shop that I looked it up, and found a node is where pathways meet (My friend and I's pathways crossed throughout many lives?) also, in astrology, ones destiny is determined by the nodes, described as the head and tail of a dragon. The tail represents past lives, and the head represents destiny, the future. Quite frankly, we were shocked.
I understand that when one first starts with reincarnation, one likes to find "clues in the universe". I remember being 13 and thinking "Ok universe, if this past life thing is real, give me a sign" , right after I heard a noise, and I thought "WOW". So believe me when I say "It doesn' t work that way". Are there weird coincidences and thing that can happen in life? sure, could be, but in my opinion with this one you are trying too hard. If we want to find coincidences and symbolisms in our environment our mind will totally make them for us and we will start making connections with things that are unrelated. If I were you I would just disregard that incident.

Ambrosius said:
Just before I wrote this reply, I closed my eyes, trying to remember. I got an image of a young woman. She had very long, straight blonde hair, and grey/blue eyes. I could only see the top half of her, but it appeared she was wearing almost pesant like clothing. She was not me. I had a strong feeling that I was the onlooker, that had been speaking with her. Behind her, was a medieval market place, and behind that, a large, grand castle. The stone was brown, and ivy snaked up from the ground to the battlements. The girl laughed, and I laughed too. My laugh was deep and masculine (I'm a female, 15 almost 16) She ran off in the direction of the market, and she disappeared, heading towards the drawbridge of the castle, I realised she was actually wearing a long, grand dress and that the piece on top was a shawl, as if she was disguising her nobility. One name I got from this was 'Fay' - possibly the name of the girl.
That could be something, or not, try to get more memories about it. Tanguerra' s advices are good.


Good luck
 
If you haven't already, read Bernard Cornwell's Warlord trilogy. It is based on the legend of King Arthur, but set in the real world as they might have experienced it. No dragons or magic, but then I'm not a fan of fantasy (as soon as a book mentions elves or dragons I roll my eyes and try not to throw the book across the room).


There is a school of thought amongst some historians that the Legends of King Arthur are based on half-remembered folk memories of a Welsh warlord or cheiftan living soon after the Romans left Britain and before Christianity gained a firm hold on the country (so between 410AD and 900AD, Sutton Hoo and Staffordshire Hoard era). In all likelyhood he was a normal, although locally powerful bloke, who nurtured inter-clan allegiances. No dragons, magic or anything like that. Not even castles - cheiftans at the time lived in wattle and dorb halls (unless there was a handy Roman ruin in the neighbourhood). All that swords and chivalry stuff was made up by the Victorians.


I would also agree with what Owl and Tanguerra both said. Keep a diary, keep an open mind, and notice things. But don't go trying to find meaning in everything. Sometimes things just happen and its best to just let them be. The mind is a powerful thing, and we evolved to find and see patterns in things, which often aren't there (like seeing shapes in clouds etc). Its a phenomenon called pareidolia


Just keep exploring and eventually things will start to come through for you :)
 
In the woods behind my home my eldest daughter came upon a young boy dressed in a style of another era. He told her that the war was finally over and he was waiting for his father's return. He was there to meet him and walk home with him.


She spoke to him on several occasions and said he was very polite but looked very poor. She did find it interesting that he spoke of the kind lady in the house at the top of the hill ... that would have been my mother, Pappys wife.
 
Ambrosius said:
... I trust the memory of 'Fay'. It came suddenly, and I had no time to make it up. I also trust the Falcon I got as my totem animal, as it's not the type of thing I would expect myself to choose (that being horses, wolves, and dragons.) The falcon seems to fit me perfectly.
...
Yes. I agree with Owl about this Fay one. This is very detailed and you could be onto something here. Indeed, a fascination with the middle ages and a keen interest in the period (in the form of reading the Arthurian legends, fantasy books related to the era, etc) would possibly be an indicator of something going on. Obviously Camelot, fairy castles, dragons and so on are embellishments added to old tales many centuries after the actual historical events occurred but maybe something about the whole 'vibe' of that time is what draws you to it. You know best.


As to the 'falcon' you can think of it as a totem if you like, but it may also have something to do with that period. Falcons were used commonly by nobility for hunting small game, such as rabbits, back in the day all over the Europe and the middle east. It was a popular sport. This may somehow be connected, even if you don't quite know why at this point. As I said, this doesn't always come up all neat and tidy from deep memory. Time will tell.

...Just before I wrote this reply, I closed my eyes, trying to remember. I got an image of a young woman. She had very long, straight blonde hair, and grey/blue eyes. I could only see the top half of her, but it appeared she was wearing almost pesant like clothing. She was not me. I had a strong feeling that I was the onlooker, that had been speaking with her. Behind her, was a medieval market place, and behind that, a large, grand castle. The stone was brown, and ivy snaked up from the ground to the battlements. The girl laughed, and I laughed too. My laugh was deep and masculine (I'm a female, 15 almost 16) She ran off in the direction of the market, and she disappeared, heading towards the drawbridge of the castle, I realised she was actually wearing a long, grand dress and that the piece on top was a shawl, as if she was disguising her nobility. One name I got from this was 'Fay' - possibly the name of the girl....
This is probably a good place to start. Next time you are in the mood, lie down (or sit comfortably) some place where you won't be disturbed or interupted and close your eyes and just breathe for a few minutes to relax and clear your mind of clutter about day to day things. Then when you're ready, bring this scene back into your mind. Picture it as clearly as you can. Run over it again. Notice the details (but try not to get too distracted by insignificant ones). Then (it's a good idea to put your hands on your heart) go into the emotions behind this incident. How does it make you feel? Happy, sad, angry... ? Why? Ask yourself and trust what comes up. You will know.


This a good thread describing a technique I've had a lot of success with. The Heart Center. Different things work better for different people.


In my experience the things you remember most easily are the significant moments, not the boring ones. So this moment was possibly of some sort of broader significance in that life. It will float up when you give it the space to do so.
 
Ambrosius said:
Any ideas?
Thanks for reading!
Thanks for sharing!


It could be a past life memory Ambrosius. Encountering people we connect with on a deep level, and who seem to be the trigger of our 'memories', is one possible indicator. The Camelot skype name 'may be' another indicator >> names that OTHER people reflect back at us which tend to leave us with an impression, or even when we don't recognise that there is any meaning, can often be hinting at the past.


My advice - don't disregard anything that YOU feel could be related to the past. Keep notes. What isn't immediately understood, may very well become clearer to you some time down the track.

Ambrosius said:
When I was young, I was obsessed with magic tricks, and impressing people with my Marvin's Magic sets. It was a big part of my childhood. Magic tricks were almost the only thing I did, when I wasn't out looking for adventure.
Ambrosius said:
One name I got from this was 'Fay' - possibly the name of the girl.
The term ‘fay’ is often used to describe fairies, which are mythical/MAGICAL creatures. Also Morgan le Fay - who was the daughter of Arthur's mother - was the female counterpart to the magician Merlin.


Take note also of the falcon's historical connection with nobility, as pointed out by tanguerra in the previous post.

Ambrosius said:
Apparently falcons go all the way through ones different lives, ....
I've not heard this before. Where does this thought come from? I'm curious because I've handled falcons in a previous life - they're beautiful creatures. In this lifetime, I've only seen them in a wildlife sanctuary.
 
Ambrosius, I always take dreams that are set in another place or time seriously, particularly the ones where I don't look like my present self, and am in the body of the central figure. Was the name "fay"' actually the word "fey"?. It's used to describe the faerie folk, but also as an adjective to describe someone who shares their characteristics. I believe you saw riders in the woods. It doesn't matter if the "sight" is physical, or in the mind's eye, the "soul" sees what it sees. You will find lots of opinions on the forum, and that is all they are, opinions, whether they come from members or moderators. You have to trust your heart, and what feels right to you. At sixteen, I didn't have your knowledge or sensitivity. Blessings, and please keep posting. I would like to see where your path leads. By the way, it's possible that you could have been a writer or professor of literature, and also have been someone who lived during the medieval period.
 
Thank you all so much for your replies! I never expected so many!


I know my theories seem a very far fetched, and some of the past life 'signs' may not be at all. However, I have an extremely vivid imagination. Once the seeds are sown, the idea blossoms before I can stop it. The Arthurian legends may, or not have been romantisised, however, I will always hang onto the shred of hope that perhaps there was a golden age of Camelot. Dragons? Magic? I know, as unrealistic as it gets, but it's what I am comfortable with, and fact or fiction, I will always hold firm faith that something exsisted.


Thank you all so much for your replies! I will continue posting as I make progress in discovering my past life :)
 
Good for you, Ambrosius. Sometimes the heart has a wisdom of it's own, as does the subconscious mind. I think most myths and legends have some basis in reality. Besides, reality can be soooo boring! : angel
 
Fay is a very old girl's name of French origin. It also meant 'fairy' in middle English. It's perfectly feasible for a woman from that period to have been named Fay.

...Fay is derived from Middle English faie meaning "fairy", such as in the popular Arthurian figure of Morgan Le Fay.
Faye is also the English form of the old French Foy, meaning "faith" (from the Latin 'fides'). Sainte Foy was a French martyr who lived in Agen, in 300 AD...
 
Yes, I think all your experiences there are all related to past lives! :) I too am a fan of the Medieval times. Interesting that you have learned of your totem animal as well.


Perhaps the riders you saw were not 'ghosts' so to speak, but a wisp of memory. While cantering on your horse, in the woods, your mind quiet (not thinking about anything in particular) - those things put together could have triggered a memory of riding amongst those medieval riders you describe. For a brief second there, you probably felt like you were seeing into another world, while still in this one! I have had it happen before, very deja vu.
 
One thing to keep in mind . . . To everyday people in the Middle Ages, the magical world was very, very real. You may have tapped into the feeling of what it was like to be there, and to believe as they did.


Secondly, I too, love Lord of the Rings and The Mists of Avalon. Mists tells the Arthur story, only from the perspective of the women. The Game of Thrones series, I suspect, is a bit mature for you yet.
 
Blueheart said:
One thing to keep in mind . . . To everyday people in the Middle Ages, the magical world was very, very real. You may have tapped into the feeling of what it was like to be there, and to believe as they did.
There is a lot of truth in that statement, Blueheart. We look at life from the 21st century perspective, but forget that for our ancestors, and PL selves, "magic" was an everyday part of life. I love that thought. Thank you for sharing it!
 
Only had a chance to post this now, but something really, really weird happened last week, and I'm just wondering if it's to do with past lives.


I was cycling to the stables, and all around me was just countryside and fields, a chill in the air, grey sky, risk of rain. This was what I was actually doing, but all of a sudden, I seemed to blank out. I wasn't cycling anymore. I was standing. I could FEEL myself standing. I wasn't in the country side, surrounded by freshly ploughed fields. I was in a forest, an ancient pine forest. There was a river nearby, sparkling in the dazzling sunlight. I could feel and hear everything. The soft needles beneath my feet, hear the gentle creaking of branches, smelling the pine, feeling the gentle breeze. In front of my was a particularly ancient looking tree. In front of it, lounged on a mossy boulder was a young woman, bright blue eyes, like nothing I've ever seen before, wearing a long, silver, silky dress. She had very long straight brown hair in quite a few braids. She smiled at me, and all of a sudden I was dragged from this trance and cycling again.


I've never felt anything like it before. I'm still kind of in shock.
 
Back
Top