• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Did my mother return as my granddaughter?

Jane Lewis

author
My mother had always been my best friend, but when she passed suddenly February 11, 1997, I was devasated even though I dreamed days before of her untimely death. (Mom was born 9-11-1925 and died 2-11-1997 at 11:00PM).

A few weeks after her death I had a peculiar dream where my mother was fully dressed and standing in the ocean near the beach, waving to me. Beyond I could see large ocean waves and sensed danger. I warned her not to get too close but she ignored me and dove into the water anyway. A man on shore spotted her and dove in, rescuing her from ocean riptides. Sitting on shore she smiled and I knew she was happy and healthy again.

I interpreted the dream to mean my mother was communicating to me that she would reincarnate soon. Ironically, my daugher remarried in January and informed two weeks after mother's death that she was pregnant. I told my daughter about the dream and predicted that her baby would be a girl and have blonde hair and incredible green-blue eyes, but she laughed at the idea.

On October 1997, 9 months after my mother had passed, my granddaughter, Lexi, was born. When I held her in my arms I cried, staring at her incredible turquoise eyes--they reminded me of the opal earrings I had given Mom two years before. I recognized the soul light radiating from my granddaughter's eyes as my mom.

A few days later my sister reminded me of a dream she had several months before Lexi was born. An angel said, "Kay is going to take over now." I soon learned my granddaughter's middle name was "Kay." Was it a coincidence?

Through the years I've never heard my granddaughter make any past life references, but I have noticed some uncanny similarities to my mother. Lexi is very opinionated, loves Italian food (she never wants any thing else!) and the cartoon character, Betty Boop, just like my mother, who was nicknamed Betty Boop.

Did my mother return as my granddaughter? I believe she returned as my granddaughter to make amends to my daughter for the way she had treated her before her death.
 
Hi Jane,


Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story - :)


It sounds very possible that your mother returned as your granddaughter, there are many cases of souls returning to the same family, you may be interested in reading Carol's book Return From Heaven. Do you have any photos of your mother that you can show to Lexi? If you haven't done so already, you never know, she may recognize them and make a comment.


I hope you enjoy reading through the threads, and please feel free to join in with the discussions.


Chris - :)
 
Welcome Jane!


Thank you for sharing the story of Lexi. Same family reincarnation is such a beautiful gift. :)


I think we return to people for all sorts of reasons - but especially for love. It sounds like your mother had a reason to choose your daughter for her mother. Hopefully healing has taken place for both on the soul level and they are currently enjoying a great relationship.


I am curious - if anyone else in your family has noticed any similarities between Lexi and your mother?


Ailish
 
Hello Jane, and welcome to the forum. :)


Thank you for sharing your story. I hope you enjoy reading many similar cases on this forum. Lexi sounds like a wonderful little girl. :thumbsup:


So did your mother and daughter have a problematic relationship?


Karoliina
 
Thank you for your responses!


I appreciate all your responses to my story. I feel very blessed that perhaps my mother did return as my daughter. Much healing is needed for my family.


Let me explain. There is a long history of adoption in my family which I penned in a memoir one year ago. I wrote the memoir hoping my journey would be a healing one for our family, my daughter and 5 grandchildren.


My mother was placed for adoption in 1929 during the Great Depression at the age of 5, but not her other 4 siblings. The first family who adopted her in Idaho abused her and she was returned to the Children's Home. In 1930 she was adopted by another family but had a very troubled life. During World War II she served in the Navy and became pregnant out of wedlock. Due to the times she was forced to relinquish her firstborn daughter for adoption in 1948.


Fast forward to 1967, my mother and I moved from a small town in Idaho to L.A. My younger sister stayed in Idaho with my father. By 1969, I had fallen in love with a man twenty-five years my senior who didn't want to support another child. Having no where else to turn, I decided to selflessly relinquish my baby, a daughter, for adoption in 1969. And so the negative pattern of adoption continued.


I married my daughter's father in 1972, who died in 1974 from cancer.


Eighteen years later, I began searching for my daughter, and in 1991 I was reunited with my only child. We had a wonderful reunion, although we've still have our growing pains.


My mother wanted nothing to do with her and refused to know her until a few months before her death when they had a long talk. It was during this time my mother wanted to find her own first born daughter, which was unsuccessful and ended in disappointment.


Four years after my mother's death, I began another search to find my half sister and tracked her down in Texas in 2001. But my half sister had her own pain and couldn't forgive our mother for relinquishing her in 1948, even though she understood the circumstances.


Now my daughter has gone through several marriages and her children are now separated--3 in Utah and 2 in Tennessee where my daughter is pursuing a singing career.


Lexi is the only grandchild I feel close to and my daughter has made several comments that she feels closer to Lexi than her other 4 children. When Lexi was three she was shown a photograph of my mother and asked if she knew the woman. She gave a big smile and simply said, "Momma!"


Lexi is being raised Mormon by her father and grandparents in Utah. They were given a copy of my memoir which mentions my belief Lexi is the reincarnation of my mother, but I don't think that fits into their religious beliefs. However, I do feel that Lexi will someday want to know more about her roots---she is a very strong willed little girl.


Thank you for listening to my story. I welcome your comments.
 
Welcome to the forum Jane! That is an amazing story! It all sounds very interesting. There definitely can be a possibility that your mother is reincarnated as your granddaughter.
 
Amazing story Jane. Do you have any past life memories that include your mother or daughter? Do you think you've been together before?
 
Thank you for telling us about that Jane. What an amazing situation. I feel for your family and its travails.


Perhaps with your insight, and now, the possibility of your mother coming back to help you this seemingly kharmic style cycle can be broken. What a glorious moment that will be! :)


My hopes and thoughts are with you Jane Lewis.
 
Thanks for sharing, Jane.


There have been many difficulties in many generations in your family. I believe children often have the gift of being able to bring people back together, in one way or the other.


Wishing your family all the best,


Karoliina
 
Past Life Recall


Thank you Obiwan, Obie, Karolina and Vicky for your comments—they are greatly appreciated. I've noticed that you are all so young—it’s great to see so many spiritually evolved young people.


Vicky, you asked if I had any past life memories of my mother or daughter. As a child I had two vivid reoccurring dreams—dreams of future earth changes and dreams of a Colonial house circa 1800s. The part that stands out the most about the house dream was the deep burgundy velvet sofas and a wide dark wooden staircase leading up to a child’s room. Oddly, the child's room had no door, but a curtain covering the doorway. Inside the room were many dolls with porcelain faces. I always woke from the dream feeling melancholy as if I had lost a daughter during this lifetime and the room had been preserved as a shrine.


Ten years ago I had a vision while camping. In the vision I was a woman driving a cover-wagon across the country with a daughter. Indians attacked the wagon trail and the child was taken. The woman was wounded, but not killed. The woman had been crossing the country to join her husband in Northern California where he was prospecting for gold. She returned to the South and learned her husband was killed in California. Years later, the woman remarried and moved into a Colonial home—that same one as my dream. She died heart broken and alone.


The daughter in my dream I believe is my present life daughter. Again, the pattern repeated in this lifetime where I was forced to relinquish my daughter and felt great remorse. I can see so many parallels between that past life and my present life, if indeed it did happen as I envisioned it. I also understand how forgiveness and love is needed to changed this karmic pattern.


My mother believed in reincarnation and recalled a past life in China where she was an old man, a laborer, who helped build the Great Wall of China. She said she recalled dying there and being buried inside the wall. Recently, I found an article in a National Geographic article that said some laborers were actually buried inside the wall. I believe that my mom, my daughter and many others have journeyed with me through time.


Thank you all. I look forward to reading more postings and stories.


Namaste!
 
Yes Jane Lewis, thank you for sharing such an interesting life and memories. It is so interesting how these themes repeat...they do so in my life also. Welcome!!


Tinkerman
 
She said she recalled dying there and being buried inside the wall. Recently, I found an article in a National Geographic article that said some laborers were actually buried inside the wall.
Fascinating Jane - thank you for sharing that. Who would have guessed? A very validating experience. :)
 
granddaughter says I was her mother


I am new at this. It took me awhile to accept reincarnation as a fact. Believe me, I do now. I have a similar situation with my granddaughter, who is now ten. Her name is Madyson. When Madyson was 4 years old I took her horseback riding. Out of the blue she said; you know what Mimi? I said what? You used to be my mother a long time ago. This totally stunned me. I knew about reicarnation but wasn't sure I believed. I answered her; you mean I was your momma's ,momma don't you and she said no. You where my momma a long time ago. I wish I would have asked her more questons then but I was in shock. She is ten now and seeing a therapist for other issues. He was asking her routine questions. When he asked her if she ever felt like she was someone else, she said yes. He said oh, when was this? She said back when horses and carriages were cars, and she told him I was her mother. She told him she didn't want to talk about it anymore. Thank God he believes in reincaration. A few days ago I asked her if she would tell me what she can remember. Sure enough she gave lots of details. She has always been fascinated with the Titanic. I asked her if she was on the Titanic and she said no but she saw it sail. She said I think it was in England which had a Queen or something. she also told me we lived in a gray stone house. What is really strange about that is a few years ago I had a dream of pulling up in front of a gray stone house in a carriage. Thanks for reading this everyone.
 
Welcome to the forum botar13,


That's interesting that you dreamed of a similar house to the one your granddaughter described. :D


Did she ever mention anything after the horse riding incident, or has this just cropped up again recently with her? Do you feel you were her mother in a previous life?


You must have a wonderful relationship with Madyson - she's a lucky girl to have someone to talk to, and it sounds like you have a great therapist helping her. Have you read either of Carol's books? "Children's Past Lives" and "Return from Heaven" are both brilliant books - very helpful to parents (and grandparents!).


If you're interested, you can read chapter one of "Children's Past Lives" here.


Ailish :)
 
Alish


Yes, I have read Carol's book children's past lives, but I was really trying to find more info on dreams and nightmares that I had as a child and still do. Some of them I am sure are past life dreams. Madyson was always saying odd things to her mother about what she used to do. Madyson lives in another state from me. She was really closer to her other grandmother who lives near her. That is one reason I felt she was not making this up. She told me what her first name was in this other life and that of her sisters. I asked her if she remembered a father. She said she did not picture him there. In this live she is always saying she does not trust men and will never marry. She says that I died from some sort of cancer when she was thirteen in her past life. She has a brother in this life. The therapist asked her if she hated him and she said no but that she didn't like him much.The therapist asked how long had she felt this way, and she said since he drew his first breath. She talks like someone much older then her current 10 years. Mary
 
Hi botar13 welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing your granddaughters memory with us.
 
Welcome to the forum, Mary. :)


Thanks for sharing your and Madyson's story. Is her therapist aware of past life regression methods? If he is, would Madyson's parents let him try that on her? It would be great if they could help her with her issues, and if she could learn to love her brother more (if it's not just normal "sibling dislike" most of us feel at times when we're children and fight over toys and such).


Do you have any feelings or fascination towards England and the era Titanic was built?


I suggest you read Carol's second book, Return From Heaven, as it's about same family reincarnation, which seems to be the case here. You can find many discussions on this forum about past life dreams and nightmares, but you could start by reading this thread.


Karoliina
 
granddaughter past lives


Caroliina, Madyson's therapist is aware of past life regressions and has suggested it. I am not sure her father will go for it. Her mother my daughter is pretty much believes in reincarnation. I have a fascination with England, Ireland, & Scotland. I also feel drawn to the Victorian period. Madyson insists that she always wanted a sister, not a brother. She only revealed the details of this life to me on the phone. When her mother & the therapist asked her about it, she told them she didn't want to talk about it. I told her that I could not remember as much as she could. I told her she did not have to talk about it if she didn't want to. She gave details that are accurate for that time period. When I asked her if she remembered a father she said she thought we were divorced. Divorce was not common then but did occur. I don't feel any fascination about the Titanic, other than I feel great sadness and was only able to watch the movie once. She has a fear of her father leaving her in this life. She also told her mother that Papa Joe (my husband) was the best thing that had ever happened to me in a long time. She also told her mother that her father's real mother (he is adopted) who she was close to when she was a younger was a very sad soul and would have to come back after she dies. Mary
 
Back
Top