• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Disabled But Walking Up A Grand Staircase...?

csmalley

Member
Look, I'm new here and I feel nuts but maybe I'm not...

I am disabled, have been my whole life. I have never walked without outside support....Which brings me to my question... If you have a disability in your present life but have a memory flash of a previous could you experience being able-bodied?

Because for a few months I kept getting flashes of...something.

My optical nerves would twinge (not painfully mind) and for a few seconds I would be standing on a grand staircase with red carpeting and dark wood...Like it was the most normal thing in the world...I never told anyone until I was looking through an eyewitness book on the Titanic [I always was and still interested in that ship and her story] and I saw a black and white photo of the famed Grand Staircase... I got so excited, that was the very same staircase, that I blurted it out to my friends...

They just thought it was my imagination or a dream and after awhile the twinges went away and I assumed my imagination was overactive and that was that.

After all, everyone knows about the Titanic right? That movie from 1997, which always scared me witless, made sure of that so it must have been my imagination playing with my desire to be normal...

But now, having read and researched about Reincarnation, I wonder...Am I crazy or imaginative or could I be onto something...

I mean, I didn''t ever get much detail in the seconds long flashes but I remember the sensation of walking on my own...Something I've never done....

Help me please/
 
How very interesting! A special interest in an event (the sinking of the Titantic) or even a certain era can indicate a previous life. Flashbacks can come at odd times and in odd ways. So please don't feel like you're crazy. It is probably authentic. You may want to do some internet research and see what feels familiar to you.
 
Welcome to our group. You are not crazy. I have heard of other disabled people having dreams or flashbacks where they were able-bodied. It's very possible you may have been on the Titanic. I would start keeping a journal or diary and write things down. What else do you remember from the Titanic? A name maybe? Do you think you died on the ship or were you a survivor? I think all of the survivors are dead now.
 
Hi csmalley, welcome to the forum :)


This is very interesting and you are certainly not 'nuts', and it's not unusual for people to think that you are just experiencing an overactive imagination. That's because reincarnation doesn't even enter their scope of thinking, so there must be some alternative explanation, right?


I've read in the past, accounts of people who were born blind, and yet have 'memories' of being able to see and they describe colors, objects and scenery that would virtually be impossible for them to visualize in their mind.


Unfortunately, you are disabled in this life, but rest assured, you have had, and will have many more able bodied lives.


As the other's have said, you can always experiment with regression if you want to find out more. You can do this by yourself, or with a regression therapist.
 
hello, and welcome csmalley :)


What a fascinating story. Do not worry about thinking you are 'going nuts', you have come to the right place. Many of us (myself included :D ) have feelings, memories and experiences that could be described that way! What you are experiencing is real for you, and that is all that matters. Even if you think you are just imagining it, all imagination has a basis in truth somewhere along the line ;)


If you wish to continue to find out more about your experiences, I would recommend starting a diary to note down your memories, and your dreams if they seem relevant, as often insights may be given to us in dreams. Self-regression is a also a good starting point.


If you search the forum, you will find many stories and memories from others here who also remember the Titanic, so rest assured, you are not alone.
 
ChrisR said:
Hi csmalley, welcome to the forum :)
I've read in the past, accounts of people who were born blind, and yet have 'memories' of being able to see and they describe colors, objects and scenery that would virtually be impossible for them to visualize in their mind.
Yeah, here's a link referencing an artist (Esref Armagan) who was born blind. It seems to me almost unimaginable for someone to be able to paint like that without somehow having the concept of vision, and reincarnation certainly would account for having that concept, wouldn't it?
 
Thanks


Gee, thanks everyone!


The twinges came when I was in middle school and stayed for about a year before disappearing. I am now twenty so it's been awhile.


Now in order...


~Taylor~: I have done some research and nothing has really jumped out at me. Like I said I am really interested in the ship and disaster, family says I obssess, and nothing. Not even the feeling of I know something or someone...:confused:


argonne1918: Like I said I didn't get much, just the staircase. I do think I was female, in something very floaty/light fabric. I didn't feel panicked or rushed, more...disappointed...and the lights were on and it was very warm and it felt like it was pretty level as it should have been. So I don't think it was the sinking... Other than that I don't know...


ChrisR: Interesting and kind of creepy...In a good way but...wow...


helz belz: That's the thing, other than that year of twinges I haven't had anything else.


Jody: Thanks for digging that link up, I'll look at it soon...
 
Updates, Updates, Updates


Update: I have done a natal star chart and the wonderful Miss Lily Fleur deciphered and compared it to the Titanic's and she says there is a strong possibility that I was on the ship and if I was I probably didn't survive...But she also warned that she's an amateur so if anyone else wants to look I still have my unaltered chart and she says she'll send me the Titanics...


I have been going over the passenger list again, I'll look at the crew/staff tomorrow, and the names Allison and Lindstrom stood out


According to Wikipedia, not the best source I know but the only decent one I can find at this time the following Allisons were onboard:


The Allisons were in First Class:


Allison, Mister Hudson Joshua Creighton, age 30, from Canada and boarded at Southampton. Died.


Allison, Mrs. Bessie Waldo (née Daniels), 25, Canada, boarded at Southhamption. Died.


Allison, Miss Helen Loraine, 2, Canada, Southampton. Died.


Allison, Master Hudson Trevor, 11 months, Canada Southampton. Survived.


They also had several servants onboard:


chauffeur, Mr. George Swane, 19, Canada, Southampton. Died.


cook, Miss Amelia Mary "Mildred" Brown, 18, England, Southampton. Survived.


maid, Miss Sarah Daniels, 33, Canada, Southampton. Survived.


nurse, Miss Alice Catherine Cleaver, 22, England, Southampton. Survived.


They were all headed to New York and from there to Canada, Montreal, Quebec.


Also in first class was Lindström, Mrs. Sigrid (née Posse), 55, Sweden, boarded at Cherbourgm, headed to New York City, New York USA. She survived. She had, as far as Wikipedia knows, no servants with her.


In other news I am working on my dad about undergoing Past Life Regression Therapy...If anyone of you knows a good professional therapist that works in Sacramento California, Roseville California, or anywhere in between please contact me...


I really want to look into this. My disability has no scientific explanation...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
csmalley said:
I didn't feel panicked or rushed, more...disappointed...and the lights were on and it was very warm and it felt like it was pretty level as it should have been. So I don't think it was the sinking... Other than that I don't know...
According to more recent documentaries about the disaster almost no one on board believed it was going to sink. Not even people getting in the life boats thought it would actually sink. They thought they were going to be in the water for a short time then be able to get back on the ship. Reality didn't sink in until the ship actually did go down.
 
Hi csmalley,


first of all - as the others said it before - don't feel nuts and yes, that is possible that you were on the Titanic in your lastest life, why not? So welcome, I'm also a new member here and I have many many questions about reincarnation, karma and about my own lastest life.


Maybe you'll find the answers of your questions and you'll learn something from it. I think if we remember our past lives, those are messages.
 
Welcome to the boards, Csmalley, I look forward to reading more from you. When you saw yourself standing on the staircase, do you remember what shoes you were wearing? Were your feet small or large, how about the height of the railing as it was beside you? All these should give you clues as to which of these you could disqualify.


Sometimes it is as simple as asking "Who was I?" and then researching the name you get.


Good luck to you and I hope your research brings you to the root of your disability, or even better, yet, removes it.


Have an amazing week,


Becky
 
Hello, and welcome! You have come to the right place, and found the right friends to speak with. You are not nuts - for us, remembering flickers of the past is completely normal! :)


Have you done any meditation or self regression? This may help you to learn more.
 
I'm alive!


I'm here, weeks' been crazy for me...Thank for being so accepting.


A wonderful poster sent me some self-regression mp3s and I tried them but I could not relax myself enough to let it work. I am now looking for a professional hypnotist in my area, that accepts MediCal...


I have also tried Encyclopedia Titanica but the page wouldn't load and then when it finally did it crashed my 'puter so that was a no go.cover face


Still looking into it all though... :o
 
Hello again csmalley :)


Keep trying with the MP3s, it can take a lot of practice for them to work, a bit like trying to ride a bike. I didn't get anything myself for the first few tries, but eventually something will just 'click'. Also, try different methods (self-regressions, guided meditations, non-guided meditations etc), some may work better for you than others. For me, recordings of Tibetan Singing bowls work well for meditation and relaxation (I have a LOT of trouble relaxing!), which I use almost like relaxation practice for when I do use a self-regression MP3 :)
 
csmalley said:
I have also tried Encyclopedia Titanica but the page wouldn't load and then when it finally did it crashed my 'puter so that was a no go.cover face
Still looking into it all though... :o
That ET website can be slow at times. You could also just use the list of passengers (at ET and in print in several books) and Google search under IMAGES firstly to see if any resonate with you ... and then later read the biographies. Suggest you look at 2nd class passengers too.
 
First off, I do believe that you are having a memory, but I'm not so sure it of the Titanic. You said you were on a grand staircase with red carpeting, but neither Titanic, nor her sister ship Olympic, had had anything similar. The first class staircases were all covered in white and black lino tiles. But the second class staircases had red ones, if that helps at all. How strong are your emotions towards the Titanic? Is it just an obsession, or is it more than that? I absolutely adore the ocean liners of the "Golden Age" and was deeply and passionately interested in the Titanic for quite awhile. But my emotional attachment to the disaster was not great; there was times where I'd get a bit emotional, but nothing was significant.


I do believe that whoever I was in that era I was someone who traveled a great deal across the Atlantic. Or if not, it was something I enjoyed immensely. And the thing with most ships from that time period is that they could have vaguely similar layouts and were often decorated in period styles (Jacobean; Louis Seize; Italian Renaissance; etc.; etc.) Or at least the first class public areas were anyway. So, after much time, certain areas may begin to resemble each other from ship to ship in our memories.


The Titanic was a very sad and shocking disaster and it would have been even more so for someone who was a sea lover and frequent traveler. If you were wealthy, there's a chance you knew somebody (or knew somebody who knew somebody!) from a part of your "crowd" who was affected by the what happened that cold, April night. Titanic, although soon to be outweighed by the German liner "Imperator," was the largest and one of the most elegant ships of her time. It was one of the ships to be on. Many famous people, as I'm sure you already know, died and survived from the tragedy.


Anyway, just food for thought. Just as with memories from our current lives things can often get scrambled and imagined. So, it's very possible that your memory of the red carpeting was just taken from something else and mixed in with your Titanic memory. After all, you would have only been on the ship for five days. You can't be expected to remember every detail; especially when you don't even have the same brain!


Best of luck! :)
 
More Updates


When I think or speak or hear about the Titanic I get absolutely ****** that there wasn't enough lifeboats and the ones they did have were launched half full at best. I don't know if that's because I grew up in an era with the laws as we have them today, hindsight being 20/20 and such, or if it's something more... I also get kind of sad, like I do when I think of my favorite childhood shows that are no longer run, .


I finally got onto ET, had to update my browser.


I am also really afraid that I am imagining things because I know so much about it all. Still looking though. The idea that it could be two memories conflating is worrying to me. I haven't had any flashes since that year. Have I lost my access/chance?


I am also still trying self-regression so I'm keeping my fingers crossed with it all.
 
Still Nothing-Maybe I'm just Crazy after all?


So, weeks in I've gotten no new memories. Titanic or no. I've been trying self-regression and meditation (I've even tried asking/demanding my subconscious give me answers in dreams...Nada, unless I was a Companion, or a student at Hogwarts, or a vampire...)


So, now I really am wondering if I'm mental rather than having experienced a past-life or two.
 
I doubt you're crazy. And if you are, you should find it quite comforting that the rest of us here are as well!


I'd just be patient. Dreams and memories are nice, but sometimes feelings can mean just as much. None of the few memories I have are from my last life, yet I know where I was and what I experienced. I could of course be wrong, but that doesn't really matter, does it? We can't concentrate on the past. And if what you're feeling helps you overcome any irrational fears, phobias, or emotion, then what else matters?


Like I said, just be patient. Everything will be as it should. :)
 
Back
Top