• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Dream of dying & being reborn

archival

Senior Registered
About six months ago, I had a dream in which I died. In the dream there was the light, very small and faint, and as I grew aware that I was dying, the light grew brighter. And just like near death experiences related by others, the light was at the end of a tunnel. But as I was near the end of the tunnel and about to pass through, I began to realize that the tunnel was actually the womb, and I was being born. The light was so bright because the womb was so dark. And then, I was born.

I had no control over my body, and for a brief moment, very brief, there was panic. Then, my memories of "me" began to fade. Sort of like squeezing water out of a sponge, or spilling water out of a vessel. And as this was happening, I was filled with this absolute calm. I was losing who I was, but I was filled with joy as it happened ... it was OK. It was like my ego was set free and was being replaced with nothing but this new light. Just as my last memories faded, and there was nothing left but this new me, I woke up.

When I woke up, I was not sad, but my face was very wet from crying, and I was still filled with this sense of calm and joy. It all felt so real that it took several minutes for me to convince myself that I was still not dreaming and actually awake.

And since I seem to always be filled with questions, I began to wonder if this is perhaps how rebirth is (or at least how my mind decided to interpret it). We die, and as we are born, our memories of our past fade, but if they fade, then doesn't that also suggest that they were there to begin with, and like when you write on paper with lemon juice, and the juice stain fades, with the right element you can bring the writing back? Or wait, here is a better analogy: Breath on glass and make a mark with your finger ... it fades, until you breath on the glass again. Breath on your memories and they have a chance to be seen again.

Does any of this make sense or have I been pondering way too much?
 
No, it makes sense to me, and I think your memory/dream about being born sounds beautiful. :thumbsup:

Karoliina
 
Thank you for sharing, Archival. That was really beautiful.


Eevee
 
Yes Archival, thanks for sharing that. I like your analogies, they make great sense!

Tman
 
I've noticed that many of you are able to have exact dates and even names. How does this occur?

I am bad with names (friends, acquaintances, etc..), and if I forget one, I use this method of going through the alphabet, a,b,c,d,e,f,... and so forth until I get to a letter that 'seems' right. Then I sort of mull over that letter until the name comes back to me. Almost every-time it works, (trying to remember the name of an actor in some movie, the name of the movie, and so forth).

Is this how it works for you all in remembering the name of a PL or is it different? What about the date? I would be very curious to hear how you each arrive at a specific.
 
Well with my first memory "Over There", I asked my name after a while and only got the first name, but later that week I just "Knew" my last name. My first meditation I also just "Knew" the time period (Which in my case was the 1800's) Next time you are meditating about this life ask questions, don't be afraid. The worst possible outcome would be to get nothing. You might try asking these questions...
  1. What is my name?
  2. What time period is this?
  3. What am I wearing?
  4. Where am I?
  5. What am I doing?
    If you happen to be experiencing your death...
  6. What am i thinking at the moment of death?
  7. What am i feeling at the moment of death?
  8. Do i have strong physical sensation or pain at the moment of death?
You can choose from the list or make up your own to ask.
 
archival said:
I've noticed that many of you are able to have exact dates and even names. How does this occur?

I only know the name of one of my past-lives. The first name came to me during a session with a past-life regressionist. She asked me what my name was, and i just knew it. I was never consciously aware of this name before the regression.

The surname came to me much later during a meditation. I was aware of myself in the body of my past-life self, in her bedroom. I could see what appeared to be a school book on the bed with some writing on it, i went over and picked it up, and i could see my/her full name written on the front cover.
 
My memories are not really very big on exact dates or names, but many are. I remember being surprised by this when I first started reading these accounts, as I was mostly self-taught and just remembered things fairly spontaneously. My memories are usually big on emotion/details about all the circumstances but very light on any kind of hard data. I usually have a general feeling what country and roughly what century, but that can be worked out from the clothing, technology, etc.

Some people are better on the detail than me. They 'just know'. Others are using various CDs and tapes to regress and the voice on the tape prompts the regressor to visualise the date.

If you want to do some reading on the whole death/birth process you might find Michael Newton's books interesting. The experiences others report sound very much like your dream. I have just finished 'Life Between Lives' which was most interesting. You can get these things from Amazon.com
 
vanhalen brought up something interesting about asking. One time I had a past life dream and asked what my name was during a life in the 1800s. The first and last name came to me very clearly.
Very curious. After my camping trip (see 'camping trip and storm'), on the drive back home, I suddenly remembered something from my childhood. When asked what my name was (we moved a lot in those years), I would often say that my name was Jean Pierre DuPont. I have no idea where this name came from, but I do remember that my mother was fascinated with french culture, so I just dismissed it later as being somehow associated with that. I have not thought of this in years. I am not sure if it was something I picked up or if it is related to a past PL. But what strikes me as strange is that I knew such a random name that I associated with me and my knowing how to spell it. Although (I have googled since being back) the spelling I had in my head of the last name is different from what I have found online (the capitalization of the 'P').
 
Archival, you are an artist? If you were going to draw a picture of this person, what would he be like? What would you imagine his story to be? What sort of clothes would he wear?


Might be an interesting exercise to try, particularly if you get a funny tingly feeling while doing it? Just let your imagination off the leash and don't analyse it until the picture is done. See how it comes out.
 
Hi archival,

Breath on glass and make a mark with your finger ... it fades, until you breath on the glass again. Breath on your memories and they have a chance to be seen again.
Very poetic. :)
Names are also hard for me, I am very visual and remember faces before I remember names. Since you are an artist - I bet you are that way too. ;)


My past life names have come to me during meditations, dreams and spontaneously and in almost every case - I knew my name because I could hear someone saying it. For example - when my mother was calling me as a five year old boy - Kayln. My name as a slave girl "Clara come here."


My death as Clara; I know the year because I could see the grave marker - 1891. Her birth-date, 1840 because of a memory I had of her when I/she was eight. I knew it was 1848 - because I was eight and I was very proud of it. LOLOL
 
Archival, you are an artist? If you were going to draw a picture of this person, what would he be like? What would you imagine his story to be? What sort of clothes would he wear?
tanguerra, that is a good idea. Yes, I am an artist. When I was young, I would draw this picture of a young man with a slight under-bite (fuller bottom lower lip) and straight dark hair (my hair is wavy) repeatedly... but I have not thought of doing anything of the sort recently. This memory of what I did as a youngster has just came back in the last few days, but I may try to explore it more soon. My concern is that I have so much education in art now to mess up the primal intent.
 
My past life names have come to me during meditations, dreams and spontaneously and in almost every case - I knew my name because I could hear someone saying it.
This would to me make sense. Someone else calling your name. Meditation is something I think I need to learn. I have moments of clarity, but it always seems to be due to circumstances beyond my control, not of my initiative. An outside source. Like the dandelion or the storm.
 
I often get glimpses of my past lives when I'm half awake and half asleep, too. Either when I go to bed, or in the morning before properly waking up. I think you are then in an altered state "naturally", but can yet realise and remember later what was going on in your head.


I had two phases as a child, when I would insist my name was something else than it really was. At one point I wanted to be a boy, and to be called "Aleksi". I believe I had a male PL in England in the 1800's, and my name was Alexander. During the other phase I wanted to go by the name "Liisa Emilia", but I don't know yet if that is a PL name.


Karoliina
 
Hi Archival,

My concern is that I have so much education in art now to mess up the primal intent.
I think Tanguerra's point is that what comes through -no matter how well you draw may be very telling. I teach art at the college level..so I understand your point 100%.


Here is a portrait I did of Clara in 2000. It wasn't until 2004 that I had the experience of how she died. By hanging. So the placement of her hands now - hold a deeper meaning - my unconscious mind already understood. So my 2 cents - take tanguerra's advise; give it a shot. ;) It might mean nothing now but a few years from now - you'll understand the visual dialog your unconscious mind was trying to express.
 
Wow Deborah. Clara's eyes seem to say so much. Is she also one of the people in your mural that is up at the school where you teach?
 
Beautifully drawn Deborah! How talented you are.


Yes, archival, even though you may be a very experienced artist and have trouble drawing straight from the heart, because it is your job - maybe give it a go. If your technique really gets in the way, try writing a 'made up' story instead and see where that leads you? Just get a notebook, find a quiet spot and write - "Once there was a man called Jean Pierre DuPont....." and see what just wants to come, without any judgement of any kind. You may begin by forcing it a bit, but if you just relax and press on describing whatever your imagination presents to you, you may be astonished at what reveals itself.


These are just different techniques for accessing info stored in the sub-conscious, which is by definition sometimes hard to pull up into consciousness. The spirit communicates with us in subtle ways, with images, symbols, allegories, metaphors and feelings. It does not use words and sentences as the mind does. To be able to hear what it is trying to tell you, the trick is to slip the conscious mind out of gear, into "neutral" and just let your body/hands do it without thinking about it too much. Meditation also works of course, but takes a bit of practice.


When I was a teenager I used to draw the same face over and over (as I have mentioned elsewhere). It used to bug my sister who would say, "Can't you draw anything else!" :laugh: It just used to make me feel good somehow and I just wanted to 'get it right'. I had no idea why or what 'right' might consist of.


I met the man when grown up and he turned out to be a very important person in more than one of my lives, including this one. I recognised him when I met him by his eyes and 'that funny feeling' which was very strong at the time, although he does have very striking and unusual features as well.


It was not until I came across an old bit of paper with all these teenage sketches on it that I went 'Whoa! That's him! Spooky' as I had forgotten about all that, but it certainly confirmed my sense that there was something very special about him and that I was not just imagining things. So, perhaps your childhood drawings are also significant in some way too?


Funnily, he is now (10 years later) growing to look more like the drawings I used to do, complete with various little lines and wrinkles in the same spots. It is very odd sitting opposite him sometimes and comparing his appearance to those drawings from different angles, even down to various expressions he pulls sometimes.
 
Deborah, wow.


A very beautiful painting! It makes me very happy to hear that you teach art. I just finished my MFA in painting and video (and support myself currently by freelance for commercial needs), and am in the process of putting my packet together for application for teaching. Much of my art is reflective of the late fifties and early sixties combined with current culture (if I could figure out a way to post an image here, I will do so ... I don't have a blog nor website).


A bit later than you in receiving my masters (read your post in the spirit guiding you to college), due to fear of moving beyond those around me. I continuously took classes after my BFA for years, even had a research project which took me to Italy for a year (studying early christian images during the formation of the church... always had a fascination with Roman and Greek art and the formation of the christian church ... the adaptation of images from the church from the social matrix surrounding it to get the message across ... how images can adapt and be recycled to achieve new meaning...) ... but it took great courage to get my masters when my present family has never attempted to reach such. I seem to have a strong sense of not leaving those close to me behind. Would really like to see more of your work, Deborah (btw, I saw that you reside in California, I was born and raised a good portion of my life there... bay area and Sacramento).


tanguerra, you again have put things into a perspective which is real, tangible and achievable. I would guess that little flusters you. With the name Jean Pierre DuPont there is no memory, just the memory of telling people that that was my name. I have only been to Paris, and no other part of France, and nothing seemed to be familiar to me like Italy did. Italy felt comfortable (due perhaps to my study of early Roman culture). I have to wonder if I picked the name up somewhere as a youngster. Still, I will take yours and Deborah's advice and give it a shot.:thumbsup:
 
Thank You archival, Tanguerra and Vicky. :o :D


No Vicky - the Black woman in the mural was referenced from a photo - a woman in Haiti. Thanks for asking though and boy do you have a great memory!


You can see all my work on my website -linked in my signature on any post I have made - it looks like this --Deborah. You have to click on each section image and each image within that to enlarge them.


Archival, I was the first in my family to aspire to a Master's. What a journey it has been and a blessing in so many ways. So GOOD for you! Awesome! :thumbsup: I hope you get a website up soon. Would love to see your work and please keep us posted if you attempt your past life portrait. Curious minds want to know. ;) .
 
Back
Top