• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Energy work and remembering Past Lives

I have always associated the name Sarah for my past life in 1800's.Perhaps it was my wife or daughter's name. Here are some excerpts about the trail of tears I got from some websites.

-Twenty-eight hundred Cherokee were divided into three detachments, each accompanied by a military office, a corps of assistants, and two physicians. The first group with about 800 in the party departed June 6, with the other two detachments starting after the fifteenth of June.

October 20-The remaining detachments which left in the Fall--most of the exodus--met different hardships. Unseasonably heavy rains turned the primitive roads to mud. Wagons became mired axle or beddeep in the muck, and the Cherokee were repeatedly forced to manually drag the wagons free. One military estimate of the death toll in one of the parties was put at 17.7%, with half of the dead being children.

Some of the Indians left almost naked and without shoes and refused government clothing because they felt it would be taken as an acceptance of being removed from their homes. Peter Hildebrand Oct 23, 1838-Mar 24, 1839 Peter Hildebrand depart-1766 arrive-1311 death-NA.I believe that I left with the Peter Hildebrand group in october 1838.I've noticed that group seemed to have the most deaths(or the least # arriving at destination anyway).

With only about 6 doctors for 2,800 people I guess I was right when I felt they didn't have many doctors.I have always had memories of walking in the rain and mud frequently slipping and falling. Oddly enough when I went back to upstate NY a summer after I met those 2 girls I went to see if they still lived there and on the way I slipped in the mud lol.

If you really want to know the traumatic thing that happened to me there and how it relates to my native american lives I could e-mail it to you. Also the part about the wagons you mentioned sounds similar to the idea of them getting stuck in the mud.The death toll was high and most of the deaths were children so it makes logical sense that all my children could have died.I feel perhaps the indian who was shot was my wife.It also makes sense that the indian you described wearing almost nothing.He must have refused the govt clothing.Anyway the sites where I got this info were

http://ngeorgia.com/history/cherokeeindex.html and http://rosecity.net/tears/.

As for the good picture you drew of yourself it does look famaliar.I think I may have had a sister who looked like that.I remember I was in South Carolina and then escaped to Virginia.Do you remember having any brothers?I don't recall my family much in that life except I had at least one sister.I remember I escaped after knocking my master out and using fire spread by alcohol to burn his house down.I think I had plans for others to come with me but few wanted to risk it.

I think many got shot after escaping.I'm pretty sure I had traveling companions for awhile but only I or maybe one other escaped.I remember then a white man or woman I met helped me to escape by pretending that I was their slave and they then took me to a plantation where the slaves were treated well and could be passed off as one of that family's slaves.

I think I actually did fight in the civil war.I remember many were searching for me and it took them 2 years to find me at which point I was hung for murder(though I think the nose broke and I tried to run and was shot,maybe in the stomach as I just had surgery on my stomach and I was the same age when I was killed in the slave life.I think there was a reward for me).

I suppose someone I knew on the plantation told them who did it or someone in the house saw me start the fire(perhaps my master survived).I'm not exactly sure. I've had several dreams of being an escaped slave and was tolds in a dream I was a soldier named William and someone was holding up a union jacket.I've had associations with slavery in other lives as well. As a slave girl who was a blind begger's daughter in Isreal during the time of Jesus. I worked for a cruel man for 5 years who beat and raped me and then when I was 8 months pregnant at age 20 he beat me badly and I stranglled him to death with my chains.

Unable to go anywhere and having taken such a beating killed me.I believe the baby died inside of me and somehow from that I bleed to death.In my first life on earth in 3000B.C. I was an Egyptian slave(already off to a bad start with this planet).I think I died from exhaustion and fell from a pyrimid but I also think I was a house servant to wealthy people as well. Someone on this site who studies Egypt said only farmers worked the pyrimids so perhaps they are 2 separate lives one as a farmer I'm not yet aware of. I then had another life as an Egyptian slave which I think was at the time of the jewish exodus.I'm pretty sure I escaped to go to Isreal and became a rabbi but died of exhaustion on the way.

I remember that I think my son killed his sister and me killing him or leaving him behind or I was only able to save my daughter instead of him.Then I didn't have lives related to slavery until the late 1400's(unless you consider serfdom slavery).I was a Muslim man in africa(Mali specfically,I think a native)who had 4 wives 6 sons and 8 daughters. Now I was not at all rich and I had way too many mouths to feed(possibly another reason I fear getting married and having children)so to make quick money to feed my family I went into the bussiness of being a slave trader(even though I was against slavery but when the lives of your family depend on it putting someone into slavery is the lesser of 2 evils).

After awhile of that I had enough money to support my family as my children were becoming independent.I took a job as a beekeeper. After a few years I was stung to death by bees. In this life I am so terrified of bees I'm almost afraid to even go outside in the summer. I always check the car for bees if the window was left open and seeing a bee or hearing buzzing gives me like a panic attack.I always worry bees will get into my house ans sting me while I sleep.I'd always dream of bees/beehives and be terrified.I also hate anything stinky(association-honey from the bee hives).I now hate all insects in general except ones that eat bees he he.I used to be very interested in insects as a child.I also used to be interested in tornadoes and constantly dream about them.

I always wanted to see a tornado but later became scared of them.Before I was killed by the one in the 1800's I was really fascinated in seeing it and wanted to get up close to it.I think I survived by throwing myself into an opening in a mountain and holding on tight.I think I may have actually been sucked in it and lived which I hear is possible as some people have without even more than a few bruises from the landing.My mom is also terrified of any bad weather and in that life I think she was my daughter who was killed by the tornado.

Well anyway to get back to the topic after I died in the 1400's I was reborn almost immediately in the 1500's.I was Italian I think and then moved to Spain.I got a job on a ship heading to go trade things in africa. After getting to africa I learned we were trading slaves(the family bussiness I learned). Feeling sorry for the slaves I helped them escape and overthrow the ship.I was a hero to them and we escaped back to africa. They treated most of the ship's crew as slaves except me and some others who helped them escape which made us very hated among our own people.

While in africa the slaves used the guns to kill those who originally sold them and I remained in africa 6 years during which time I was again nearly stung to death by bees.After 6 years some more slave traders came.The slaves I freed tried to fight back but all the guns were ammoless and the few survivors were enslaved. A lot of the slaves I freed(about 238) were my children or grandchildren.I remember they knew I was the reincarnate of their relative there to set things right.I had several children with a blind mystic woman(who told me the reincarnation thing.I think she may have actually also been my spirit guide) who was my past life daughter or grandaughter.Many died on the voyage home.I was made to be chained up with the slaves.

Once I got back my family was glad to see me alive but shocked and disgusted to see me in chains.I was charged with herescy against the church for my beliefs(Reincarnation,I also talked to spirit guides and having children with several africans who were considered almost like animals by the whiteman so I was looked on as dirty and of the devil),leading a slave revolt,stealing a ship and was also charged with the deaths of all the people the slaves killed.I lost all the money my wealthy family had and was sentenced to 30 years in prison(my accomplisses got 15)and my children were sold into slavery(I think on my request one of my family members bought one of my children).

After 15 years a guard foolishy left the prison door open and I escaped but they shot me in the back of the leg(where I've got bad cramps in this life)and sent the dogs after me.I was sent back to prison.After another 15 years I was freed. I stayed with my sister(who was strongly anti-slavery) for awhile before leaving for africa again never to return.Before this though I was captured and tortured by the iquizition but I lied and said I renounced my beliefs.I believe I was also tortured in prison.I'm surprized I was not sentenced to death but I think it's because they took my family's money instead.

After going to africa I lived with my people who were mostly dead and the town was in bad shape(I think some got to stay when the slaves were captured due to lack of ship space).I walked with a walking stick cause of my leg and after 15 years in africa I died of sleeping sickness.Well I guess that's all for now. Sorry this was so long.I'd like to hear more about your life as the slave girl. Nice painting of yourself you must have taken alot of time to draw it and must have taken art lessons somewhere in some life.
 
Hello to all!

Well, now that the holidays are over, hopefully my life won't be so crazy, and I can sit and write and post.

Deborah, I still haven't figured out which tribe I came to live with in that particular lifetime. Hopefully one day I will figure that one out. However, something very incredible happened this weekend. In a previous post I had mentioned a friend of mine and that I had told him about the images of this life. Well the two of us sat crossed legged, facing each other, palm to palm, and took a little trip down memory lane. The following is what we both saw and experianced:

I was about 6, frightend, and hiding in the brush, when this Indian man (my friend), found me. He was saying something like, "scared little rabbit", because I was shaking so hard, and very wide-eyed. He held out his hand, and I took it. He lifted me up, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, and my legs around his waist. He kept speaking to me, telling me I was safe now, and he was taking me home. As he carried me, I could hear in the distance, a woman's voice calling, "Jamie, Jamie where are you? Jamie, please, Jamie". That's when I realized that was what my white name was. I looked in the direction of the woman's voice, but I closed my eyes and put my head down against the man who was carrying me, and hugged him even more. I knew I was safe while I was with this Indian. In a little bit, we had reached a clearing in a very dense, thick wooded area. The man had put me down, and I could still hear that woman's voice, though faintly now, calling my name over and over again. I took one last look in the direction of her voice, and turned my back, and followed after the Indian man, into his village. There were long houses, which is indicative of Eastern Woodland Indians, and I sensed that this was upstate NY, just prior to the French and Indian War. As I entered the village, the man announced that I was his son from now on. Two women came over to me and took my hands on either side. One of these women is my friend's wife in this life, and she is also a very dear friend of mine. The other woman who had taken my hand, has been a close friend of mine for close to 13 years now. As I looked around the village, I noticed how many of the people there are people I'm very close to now, and we are all part of a very distinct soul circle.

I wish I could describe the depth of emotion I felt, and still feel, in my heart. But I don't know if words can really express the joy and love, let alone how choked up I get just thinking about how close we've all been so many times over.

One more thing Deborah, I had chills run up and down my spine when I saw that picture you drew of Clara. Even though I lived adn fought during the Civil War, I was not a slave. Actually I was raised in the south on a plantation, in North Carolina. I know you would like to begin another thread on this topic, but I would like to say, that I remember a young black girl who lived on the plantation I grew up on, and was very sweet and had a rather pretty, although shy smile, and an air of sadness about her. She was a little older than I was though.

Blessings,

Argente
 
Hi Deborah,

As for why at the age of 6 I would be so willing to leave a life and start anew, all I can say is that it felt like the thing to do. I knew that my white father was shot in those woods while we were hunting. I must have sensed my white father's fear. So being told to run, I didn't question that, I literally ran.

In looking into the eyes of the Indian male who found me, there was something about him that made me feel safe, secure and above all else comfortable. He had so much compassion in his own heart, and I knew in my soul that being with him and those in his village was where I wanted to be. I wish I could explain it better. Perhaps there was something deep inside of me at that time that clicked and it was soul recognition.

I've only just begun to slowly explore this life more and expand on the dreams and images I've had over the years. I can say this much, each time I hear those shots being fired, and the voices of the men shouting, and my white father yelling for me to run, my stomach tightens and I feel intense fear, as if my own life were in danger. What I see and feel never change, never alter. It's always the same. I think when the time is right, that's when I'll be able to see more. To me, timing is everything, and things fall into place when they should. I'm very much the type of person who prefers to take past life memories one step at time. Currently, I'm remembering more about my 19th century life, growing up in the south, the Civil War, and later being out west.

Thank you for your interest in wanting to listen to what it was like growing up in the south and not being a slave. I would very much love to hear your memories as well. Each of us would have so much to bring forth in our own perspectives, that in the end, would hopefully open doors for more cohesiveness, understanding and peace among people. And, who knows, maybe even lay to rest stereotypes and prejudices.

Blessings,

Argente
 
Hi Argente,

Thank you for sharing more about your memories. Very interesting and yes, it does take time to put things together and everything seems to happen in its due time. It cannot be rushed. I am looking forward to hearing about your memories during the Civil War. Mine are so strong, they are right on the surface.

My father now was the white boy who lived on the plantation I worked on. He was friends with all the slaves, but was killed in the war. It was a sad day for us...as well.

------------------
Love and Light,
Deborah

The soul's Center...is God.
 
There is so much in this thread that is really powerful, I get more out o it every time I re-read it!

Marg
 
Dear Deborah,
I posted the gist of this account against another thread but, as I have just read your original question I find that the following procedure deals directly with the matter which you have raised. This is a useful and advanced technique which involves group work where one or two helpers (facilitators) assist a “client” to obtain a deep state of conscious recall of past lives by identifying and touching areas on the body that are keyed into the stress of past-life traumas (also termed samscaras). However, to do this effectively, the participating parties must first master a technique termed “opening the third eye”.

The opening is best done when seated in a relaxed sitting posture. The lotus position is suitable. The eyes are then gently closed and a mental focus is then applied to an internal point between, and just above, the eyebrows. Upon first closing the eyes it will be noted that internal colors may tend to swim aimlessly in the “mind’s eye”. Proceed by allowing relaxed concentration to be maintained until a coloured spot or bulls-eye can be evolved and stabilized. This may take up to half an hour or so to accomplish the first time. Once it is accomplished, practice allowing the spot to expand, contract and change colour. Dissolve the spot into waveforms, spirals or through successive ascending or descending planes. Search for “lights” (presences) or growth patterns involving coloured geometric forms. Note: the spot should not be confused with a physical “after-image”; it must be developed as an internal function of consciousness without a physical light. The purpose of this exercise is to expand consciousness, in effect the procedure creates a state very similar to that developed through hypnotism.

Once the technique has been mastered it normally takes about 15 minutes before the next step is implemented.

When both the client and the facilitator(s) have shifted consciousness. The client will then lie supine in front of the seated facilitator.

Prior to this and after learning to open the third eye a further technical point should be practiced to sensitise the hands. For this, the facilitator briskly rubs the palms of the hands together for a few seconds, in an up and down motion, just in front of the face. When the palms are subsequently held close to but not touching the face, a field consisting of heat and bioelectric radiation may be detected.

The facilitator, with the client laterally supine to front, passes his or her “charged” hands over the client’s body within about one third of an inch (half a centimetres) of the surface. For reasons of excess sensitivity the genitals and the face are avoided. The facilitator is searching for a spot on the client’s body having a disrupted feeling. This means the area is warmer or cooler than the surrounds. The decision to this effect, made by the facilitator, is final. This spot is the point on the body of the client where energy dynamics of the two people involved combine to release memories of a past life. This is done in the following manner: upon location of the spot the facilitator then places the two fingers of the right hand gently on the spot. The facilitator may switch hands when tired but he or he should place the alternate fingers on the spot before releasing the tired hand.
The body-scan should last for about 5 to 10 minutes only. The spot so located is usually (but not necessarily)associated with a samscara, a powerful past-life emotional trauma and the memories of the incident are held in the spiritual body at this position. The facilitator then proceeds to question the client as to the nature of the feelings associated with the spot. The questions are similar to those that might be used by a past-life regression expert. Questions might start with "what do you feel about this area?" This could be followed by "is there any specific feeling involved here and if so what do you think might have caused it?" Try not to suggest answers but let the client fill-in increasingly specific details. A degree of patience and sensitivity is required but the elements of a significant past-life will be revealed over maybe one or two hours. Occasionally, where the client experiences great difficulty in the recall or when huge traumas are uncovered, it may be advantageous for two facilitators to be involved with one seated to either side of the client.

------------------
Robin



[This message has been edited by Goldenage (edited 12-13-2002).]
 
Hi Robin - Thank you for sharing. I prefer to just experience the memories when being worked on.....and not be asked if there is trauma "there." To even ask IF there is trauma - is leading. Because what if -the memories were not trauma.....but joy
 
Dear Deborah,
OK, you are right, joy may be there so I ammended the post to read "the areas are usually, but not necessarily, associated with a past life trauma". It is the specific feeling that is the target.

The method pivots on the idea of asking how the person feels about the area but not at all suggesting how they should feel. All I can say is that I never really saw any purely joyous occasions arise but these must be stored somewhere. It seems that it is the pain that really bothers us most since that is what tends to emerge in practice. It is mostly the pain that needs to be cleared in order to expand ourselves and lead truer lives (or so it seems to me). The procedure provides a way to untie the "knots of the heart". Perhaps we are already well aware of the elements of joy within our being.
Regards

------------------
Robin

[This message has been edited by Goldenage (edited 12-13-2002).]
 
Tammy wrote:
"The reason that I talk about that vision in the first person and yet am confused by
it's meaning, is hard to explain... It's like I was watching the events unfold before me from my place on top of the hill and I was the woman in the event as well. Does that make sense?

I don't know if I actually was the woman in the vision or if I just placed myself there as one would do when they are watching a movie that interests them."

Tammy,

I would describe this as the difference between your ego now and your ego then. You could know what she was seeing and feeling because you were her, but you are also experiencing the events as the person you are now.

I had a similar experience, but I was actually looking through a little girl's eyes while experiencing her thoughts and feelings. My current personality was intact the whole time during the regression, and I had to tell myself a couple of times to keep my present ego out of it and just experience it. (The only bad part about seeing it through her eyes is that I don't know what she looked like.)
 
Dear Asetneferankh,

you said: (The only bad part about seeing it through her eyes is that I don't know what she looked like.)

One way to get around this is to reach up and touch your face with your hand(s). This will give you a very definate "picture" of your face.
Regards

------------------
Robin
 
Dear Deborah,

I just saw your interesting post now.

Yes, body work is sometimes a very effective route to past-life memory. Brian Weiss discusses this in his book THROUGH TIME INTO HEALING, p. 153-156, and 183. He discusses it in general ( a little bit ), and describes how a PL memory of his own in ancient Babylon/Assyria was triggered by a session of acupressure/shiatsu.

In my own case, I have had several important PL memories triggered by a combination of polarity therapy and energy work. (I have also had memory come up during hypnotic regressions, dreams, and mirror-gazing.)

The PL memories I experienced, during body work, were not necessarily related to the part of my body being touched, or worked on - that is to say, it was not like work on my neck would trigger a PL memory associated with my neck, as the doorway into entering the experience. Instead, the overall state of relaxation and trance-induction seemed more important. (On a more indirect level, work on my heart chakra, however, might tap into a deep sorrow which WOULD connect with a pain/tragedy/loss I had had in the past.) However, there is no doubt, that a lot of resonance with our past lives remains imbedded in parts of our body, and can be tapped into to bridge the gap between our current life and past lives. The effort to "flush" PL memories out of parts of the body where they may remain imbedded, is, in fact one major approach to triggering PL memories (and one major alternative to the standard regression).

As for the issue of whether PL memories can be elicited when one is looking for something else, certainly! Regression work not oriented towards past lives may, even so, turn up past lives, just as a visit to a body worker with other motives, may suddenly initiate a stream of past-life visions. Emphasize MAY (not will)!

I hope this helps...

Peace & all the Best,
J Rainsnow http://www.rainsnow.org
 
Thank you for sharing your experience J Rainsnow. It always helps to have members share their experiences. The more the merrier.

I am curious about your understanding - and others - regarding traumatic memories. In your experience - when you are engaged in a memory with strong emotional content -do you feel you are releasing the emotions and letting go during regressions or meditations or body work? Or are you embracing them fully and entering them more deeply - which in turn allows you to understand the situation from a multileveled perspective?

A random musing of mine at the moment.


------------------
Deborah

"I have no more words. Let the soul speak with the silent articulation of a face." ---Rumi

How to donate to this forum - read here ;)
 
Dear Deborah,
In my case, I tend to regard the negative elements of past-lives as the most important. Wounds especially those that lead to death because they sum up the innappropriate alements of that life and thus constitute the focus from which major lessons can be elaborated.

Regarding your question exactly I think both options are of equal importance. A) to free one's self from the shadows of the past (fear and apprehension, ie not letting people physically close when one has been mortally wounded at close quarters etc.) and B) to establish multi-level perspective. One really cannot get to the second without proceeding through the first. The first without the second is perhaps spiritually empty. IMHO.
Regards

------------------
Robin
 
Well, Deborah, in terms of what OTHERS often say, the "emotional release" that occurs during the reliving of some PL traumas, is supposed to be a way of "letting go", and freeing oneself of the trauma, etc., etc., etc. In my own case, I'm not sure what it means to "let go" of a wound. In some PL regressions, I have cried and cried, and almost choked to death from the intensity of the emotion. And yet, I feel that the wound will never leave. For me, it's always there. What changes is that I may get more understanding about it, and be less dominated by it than before. But if I approach the wound in a certain way, and go back to it in trance, it will cause me a huge amount of pain, all over again. There seems to be an endless bucket of tears. Perhaps, one day, if I become "enlightened", I won't cry any more about it, because I'll finally have that deeper view of life, not just in my mind, but all the way down to the bottom of my heart. Or maybe, I'll keep on crying. I think that my wounds help me to understand the pain of others and the world, and that their total "healing" might separate me from others, and from life. I don't know. I want to feel free, but at the same time, I want to have the capacity to suffer for others, and never become so "wise" as to grow beyond that.

As you can see, I'm still in the middle of my journey. It's far from ended...

Take care,
J Rainsnow http://www.rainsnow.org
 
Dear Mr Rainsnow,
I fully agree with what you have said (above). I think however, that the wound loses its pull after one sees it both from the inside (as you have so eloquently described)and from the perspective that exactly comprehends why and how it was inflicted in terms of that life. But furthermore, since diving into an incident transforms that time into "now" I also agree that the "original" pain can be be readily experienced eternally and beyond time. It just seems to me that one can come to understand the situation well enough to leave it alone without having to pick at the scab so to speak. That is not to say however, that one cannot (would not) visit that well again for further insight.......

Anyway, if one brings this depth of comprehension to two or more (such?) lives, into focus from the viewpoint of the higher self, that aspect of yourself that is/was common to all of the lives, you may be able to proceed a bit further.
Regards

------------------
Robin

[This message has been edited by Goldenage (edited 01-22-2003).]
 
Dear Robin,

Thanks for your comments. Certainly there is a lot of work to do in this lifetime, both dealing with the problems and wounds of this turn of the wheel, and also working on lingering issues of the past, as well as with central/recurring issues of the "core self", which stands behind all of the lives we have lived, and will live. LOTS of work (capital letters)...

Thanks again,
J Rainsnow http://www.rainsnow.org
 
Hi Robin and Jrainsnow,

Nice reflections -- thank you -- now another question; Robin you said -- "I tend to regard the negative elements of past-lives as the most important."

May I ask why LOVE and JOY wouldn't be just as important? See - from my perspective consciousness creates, and if we focus on the negative -in some ways -aren't we just realigning those energies? mmmm thinking out loud here. It seems to me - that Gregg Braden has a good point - aligning thoughts, feelings and emotions to create consciously.

Isn't working within the body physical and ethereal during memories toward Light and Love (synonymous meaning) the goal? So why wouldn't Love and Joy be just as important? Another current musing of mine.

more later. *S*S Thanks again for your thoughts.

------------------
Deborah

"I have no more words. Let the soul speak with the silent articulation of a face." ---Rumi

How to donate to this forum - read here ;)
 
Dear Deborah,
well you do now seem to propose a binomial disjunction between pain and love. So I have to be a little more discriminating in my answer. To begin with you did previously use the term "traumatic memories" but I will not hide behind that.

First concerning love, most of us are, I think, here because we did not manage so well on all previous occasions. Now here I make a possible exception of the so-called avatars (here by conscious volition of the one) such as Christ, Krisna etc. Most of whom are said to have been here "through compassion and love of humanity". Thus I take love to be of very great importance for establishing and maintaining direction in life. For building "good karma" so to speak.

For me that is not so much the issue and I honestly think the "laying on of love" does not really promote one to directly address the reason(s) for coming into life at this time. There is a structural way around this assuming the supreme self, the one, manifests as all and therefore all souls individually participate as the avatars. This may indeed be true but from down here, it just seems to be a long way off and also the avatars seem to have themselves precipitated negative karma of their own. One only has to think of the Inquisition... surely things could have been managed better from the start so as to avoid that ocean of pain and bloodshed??

No, for me the most important point, in any life I have so far recovered involves the pain I brought upon myself through plain stupidity and pig-headedness. Of course I always managed to contract this pain in differing circumstances but, really one might imagine perhaps that no less than four up-front military lives would be sufficient to convey the message. Never the less they kept me coming back for more and the first one should have been quite enough - if only I had been able to dig into it and get to the bottom somewhat earlier. Not only for my self but I have seen it in all the people where I have either first hand accounts of their past life experiences (not pain from battle wounds but other kinds of emotional pain) or with whom I have participated in regression sessions of one form or another. These painful scars always seem to be at the bottom of things, spurring reincarnation with a counter-veiling motivation (I must do better this time or I have to carry out this or that particular task this time) always arising from the previous-life pain.

Get to the base of the pain, understand it's cause (your own part and fault therein if you will), comprehend your self in realization of the spirit beyond time and only then obtain liberation. Love can certainly play it's part but it is self reinforcing and does not necessarily lead to reflexive understanding of the pure self.

The proclaimed Advaitists seem to say that self-realization by itself burns-out one's defects. The little ones maybe but to tell the truth I think one has to plow through the major scars (samscaras) step by step and one at a time to get out of here once and for all (barring return by choice that is).
Regards

------------------
Robin

[This message has been edited by Goldenage (edited 01-22-2003).]
 
A very old thread. But my question above still stands --

I am curious about your understanding - and others - regarding traumatic memories. In your experience - when you are engaged in a memory with strong emotional content -do you feel you are releasing the emotions and letting go during regressions or meditations or body work? Or are you embracing them fully and entering them more deeply - which in turn allows you to understand the situation from a multileveled perspective?
A random musing of mine at the moment.
I am also interested in any and all input regarding Goldenage's procedure and thoughts about "knots of the heart" posted above and quoted here.

The procedure provides a way to untie the "knots of the heart".
I have heard that when the chakras (energy centers) are knotted - the blocked energy restricts us from moving past negative feelings, emotions and thoughts. Anyone care to comment? Anyone have information about knots of the heart?


I am curious.
 
I was looking through Roger Woolger's site this morning and came across an article titled Past Life Therapy, Trauma Release and the Body. I thought perhaps members might find this an interesting addition to the discussion.

Many bodyworkers have reported how "past life" images often arise during a massage or a Rolfing session when a tense, a sensitive or a scarred part of the body is touched or worked upon--in addition it is sometimes the masseur or masseuse who gets such an image, as if "tuning in" to something in the patients energy fields around the body.
For example, a male patient, during a session when his wrists were being deeply massaged, saw himself in a different body, that of a slave pulling painfully on a huge oar in a Roman galley; in the same session, the therapist also got images of the body rowing while working on the clients legs.


In another case, when a female patient was asked to explore chronic neck and shoulder pain by moving her arms and head in different directions, suddenly her hands froze at ear level, her head hung forward and she screamed in pain: "I'm in the stocks; they're throwing things at me!" She had momentarily experienced the persona of a 17th century adulteress who was being punished by an angry New England Puritan community.


Occasionally invasive medical or dental treatment will trigger extreme fear responses and what seem to be flashbacks of "past-life" torture or abuse. During oral surgery a woman reacted with terror when a cloth surgical cover was put over her face for a procedure. In a subsequent regression she felt herself having a hood put over head and then being guillotined during the French Revolution; once she had re-lived the death and seemingly gone out of her body to see her decapitated "past life" self "down there" all the fear went away.
Have any new members experienced past life's during a massage or reiki session?
 
Hello Deborah.


I have to say that this thread has really got me thinking. My girlfriend (the one that I always incarnate with) is a natural energy healing & works on me quite often, though we have never done such worked geared specifically for anything relating to PLs. We will have to try a few things out now. ;)


Sincerely,


Laurasia
 
Deborah said:
I had already remembered some of this past life years ago in regression work but have not seen it again for along time -it's been at least five years
I find it interesting when something I have remembered comes around again with different insights and lessons. I am learning to accept what I do remember is happening within the context I can cope with at that time < Even if I feel the weight of something through this life and I may be frustrated with not getting to the heart of it, sometimes taking a totally different approach , getting on with life and forgetting about it for awhile is the best approach to past life therapy work. Then even years later the same memory may come back and I can see alot more ..

Deborah said:
The reason I posted this, is I am wondering if others have had experiences with energy work, or even massage work were they remember past lives and more specifically if the memories are related to specific points within the body?
BOdy work is really an important way of untapping some past lives for me . I think that when we are under stress we want to retreat and remain immobile as a way of escaping taking any action. So for example when something seems insurmountable such as a death of a spouse, parent or death of our own selves as in perspective of a past life . we want to retreat to being alone .We like to lie down and rest. When we are under severe stress and we do not have the time to process this grief we want our bodies to remain in that state of rest , but we are forced to move on--- ie something needs to be done to deal with the situation. or we end up actually deing and leaving the body..We may not have the necessary time to grieve the pain and work though it and release it.


The way I see it that body pattern gets stuck in our consciousness and when we are in a meditative , quiet space then we become aware of this. I find when I do body work/ regression work first thing in the morning before I get out of bed , it helps me to watch the stress in my body. THRough looking at how I would approach my day in my body from a totally relaxed perspective , feelings and experiences from a past life can be triggered.


This happened this morning > I went to thinking about moving my arms above my head and a past life memory popped into my head.. It was a memory from a long time ago, but this time I could see more of the reality of it..It really struck me that before I did not see the memory in context of the experience. In the memory I was being tortured . Before this all I was concerned about was who was the torturer.. This time it occured to me to ask why was I being tortured.. The answer was very interesting. It totally fit in with my current relationship with that person. And now I feel when I see them next time I will be able to put that aspect of our relating better into the context of that past life and shall not be so involved in the drama of it.... I shall write about the memory later .. off to bed..


soulfreindly
 
This is a great older thread. Members have posted very interesting experiences and reflections dating 11 years ago!


I also brought it up because a few weeks ago, I had a Reiki Master come to my house and do a level one Reiki training workshop. I am now a level one Reiki. S*S*S*S She trained in Switzerland and Hawaii and travels all over the US doing workshops. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot about moving energy, and unblocking energy.


Several past lives came through but nothing I wasn't already aware of. Cool awareness of my surroundings and details of the inside of a house during the Civil War era. But the most fun I had was when she did a guided meditation with us. (I had to play along because I hate being guided.) So I focused on going where she wanted us to go...BEFORE she told us - where to go. Nailed it every time. I was out of practice so it was a good excerise for me and a good an attunement of sorts.


Anyone else tried Reiki or have energy work done that lead to past life recall?
 
This is a Great Old Thread and Thanks for bringing it back up for I had not seen it. Now I myself have had quite a few past lives in the various tribes.


Now myself and a good friend when we get together are always doing meditations with talking with our Spirit Guides and so forth. Someone in the past said to myself that I would be good with Reiki but have never done it personally.


Personally as for myself, when I meditate on my past lives, I focus on the various energies that are withen myself. It is my opinion that the events and happenings of our various past lives come up in various ways and intensities withen ourselves. And as I focus on the different energies then differnet things will be revealed. It is kind of hard to explain. Again what a Great Thread! Just my two cents worth.
 
Hi Deborah:


I spent much of the day yesterday reading this thread. WOW! Nice sharing everyone!


I'd like to respond specifically to your question here. I found that my own connection to past-lives was brought on by traumatic memories getting triggered. When I felt and understood what had happened a healing occurred. When I found out about the healing possible with EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) I tried it on past-life traumas. The results were dramatic and very fast!


One woman had a problem with a depression of sorts. She told me that she worked with many people that knew EFT and she had paid two professionals and got no where with a huge problem she had. I agreed to do some EFT (tapping) work with her. I wanted to understand the block better so I asked that we try the standard EFT process quickly and sure enough, it did not work.


So, I suggested that she have those feelings form a past-life scenario and she quickly connected with a life as a young man that had been put into a monastery. For that young man it seemed like the end of any useful life, so he hung himself. We tapped on that emotion of depression and nothing changed. I then asked her "What other emotion is there?"


She said "Anger". We tapped on the anger one round and she was gasping in relief! She said that she needed to go and be with herself - end of session. All this in less than 10 minutes! This was a big eye-opener for me as to the power of tapping (EFT etc.) on past-life traumas.


I've since aimed at healing past-life traumas as much as possible. As I see it, joy, love, bliss and ecstasy are natural for us and it's the traumas that keep us from those wonderful feelings as well as our full power.


A researcher name Grant Mc Fetridge has said that any state of consciousness can be achieved by healing the corresponding type of trauma. Unfortunately he tried healing past-life traumas twice and found that the problem returned, so he gave up on healing via past-lives and as far as I know, he never tried healing past-life traumas again.


There are two people that I've worked with that after a session, they spontaneously went into what they called bliss! One of these said that almost all of her fears were gone! She said a few little fears came up after that, but they quickly went away completely!


Another woman "blames" me and the sessions for two very wonderful things that came into her life after our last session.


One was in regards to a friend of hers that she was doing some healing work on. She said that in the middle of the night, this friend came to her and psychically told her exactly what to do over and over again! She said that she did it and the results were fantastic! This would have never happened without that last session we did.


The second one came a week or so later when she attempted to feel love for herself (again). She was astounded by the power and joy of the experience! Again she "blamed" me and that last PL session.


So from my point of view connecting with and healing the old traumas are beyond wonderful! Clear away the old baggage and our bliss and power comes back naturally. That's why I think that we should focus on the traumas, that is, if you have good tools for healing them.

Deborah said:
A very old thread. But my question above still stands --
I am also interested in any and all input regarding Goldenage's procedure and thoughts about "knots of the heart" posted above and quoted here.


I have heard that when the chakras (energy centers) are knotted - the blocked energy restricts us from moving past negative feelings, emotions and thoughts. Anyone care to comment? Anyone have information about knots of the heart?


I am curious.
 
Welcome OutOfTheBox,


Very interesting post. I love the way you explained the outcomes and gave insight to the process. I take it you are a regressionist?


I will be interested in reading your other posts.


May I ask who you studied with? How long you have been doing it? I am still assuming ~ so I'll stop there.
 
Deborah:


Haha! I guess that one might call me a regressionist, but I've done no formal study on it, like taking courses. There are many many things that I've done to educate myself. Like a couple of thousand books, extremely esoteric study of some "channeled" material, studied reverse speech which reveals that our deep minds KNOW almost anything we could want to know and much more that I've forgotten for now.


The most notable books include several by Helen Wambach on past-life regression. The esoteric studies helped me understand deeply the nature of our souls, lives and who we are. Reverse speech really brought home the clear accessible reality of it all. I've done over 100 successful sessions in helping people connect with past-lives then heal traumas from them and maybe a dozen where they did not effectively connect.


I'd like to be able to help those that don't connect easily. I'm also aiming to be able to connect with my own past-lives as easily and powerfully as many of the people that I work with. As to date, I've connected with maybe 10 of my own past-lives and have healed or partly healed maybe six issues / traumas with those connections.


My first use of EFT for healing was about six years ago. My first past-life session was probably about five years ago (I may have saved a friends life). I'm "picking up steam" as the results for people are getting better and better. I'm seeing tapping on past-life traumas as a key to regaining our full potential. This potential seems to me to be HUGE, like access to ALL knowledge, manifesting what we want, healing with a touch, and much more!


P.S. If you are asking what kind of credentials I have. I have zero official credentials. I do have two friends that do hypnotherapy and both are quite pleased with the results they've got with me. One of them tells me that she is a member of an elite UK group of 200 hypnotherapists.


Here is a link to a longish (almost 30 minutes) session that I had with her - one of the most profound. We got a bit side tracked with present life issues which made the session longer in my opinion. Healing is much more powerful when aimed at past-life issues.


(no longer available)https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70183022/PatCanBeLovedNow.mp3
 
Back
Top