• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Expectations of Meeting Others in Future Lives

dking777

Senior Registered
Another thread started me to thinking about making plans to meet up with others in a future incarnation. I knew six young friends who died when I was young. One in 1978, one in 1980 two in 1981, one in 1986 and another in 1990. Before five of them died, I was able to speak to them about their beliefs (or inner knowledge) of reincarnation. All of them came to me in dreams after their deaths and shared insights to their next incarnations and gave me vague knowledge of when, where and how we would cross paths again in their next lives. I swept all this under the rug and didn't think about it again until the moment came when I crossed paths with their spirit hidden behind the mask of a new persona.

The first young friend I spoke openingly about reincarnation was when I was 14. He had insights to a past life we had shared together - and I wasn't interested in digging it up for myself and took him at his word. Also, at a young age, he was having mystical dreams about 'dying young' and a future life where we would met up again. When I was 21, (1981) he died and his spirit came to me in dreams. I couldn't remember the talks we had about it when we were kids - but his spirit shared even more insights - and this is what led to my own personal expectations of what was in store when this 'predictive vision' came true.

I was warned over and over again - that the new 'mind and body' wouldn't have access to the past as I did - and therefore this new 'persona' would be much of a stranger to me. I think there is the human mental and emotional level - and then there is the 'spiritual undertow.' When he came to me in spirit - it was nothing but 'divine love' between us. I couldn't remember the friendship as a child - so - I only had that extraordinary feeling of being with his spirit unattached to a physical body.

When I was finally able to look back on our friendship as a child, I undercovered the hardship, pain and suffering we had endured together as friends. We had ended up hurting one another - unintentionally. It was like we were in an ocean together and currents below us pulled us in a direction that made us bang our heads together. In a sense, it was beyond our control. When the second meeting came - it was as if a strong whirlwind came and make focus was shifted a thousand directions and before we knew it - we were banging our heads together which resulted in pain for the both of us. We both went our different directions and I haven't seen him sense. I have a memory of him telling me (as a spirit) not to worry because we had more future lives ahead of us.

I can't help but to feel disappointed and let down from my own mental and emotional feelings when I was looking forward and making plans with my own human imagination of what it was going to be like to meet up with an old friend reincarnated. It was nothing like I expected.
continued..........
 
When I look back on the two lives in a metaphorical sense - it is as if we had a common goal in mind (or buried in our inner hearts) and we took one step forward in that direction when we were kids - then parted company. Then when his spirit was reincarnated and we got together for a brief time - we took another step forward in the direction of some hidden and inner goal - and then parted company again. I feel assured from my memory of conversations with his spirit that when it comes to reincarnation - there are more 'meetings' between us planned in yet more 'unlived' future lives.


What is that common goal? I honestly have no worldly or earthly idea. I trust that his spirit and mine with an intelligence far superior to my worldly mind has our best interest at heart and keeps that secret from the both of us (as humans) so we will not foul it up with our inferior worldly minds and human intelligence.


I don't know that we are the 'masters' of our destiny as much as we are students of it.


Sincerely,


DKing
 
The first young friend who died - we never spoke about reincarnation in conversation prior to his death. So when his spirit showed up in visions and dreams and brought the subject up for the first time in my young life -I was totally confused. I had lost all memories to my childhood recall of past lives - and this was my reintroduction to it as a hidden spiritual truth.


His spirit was the first to spend time with me - and was with me when three other friends passed away to the other side - so - it got confusing to figure out who I was dealing with - and all the future 'dates' their spirits had sight of plans for.


They would never come out and talk to me in 'plain English' and presented to me in a mystery more like a riddle. For a while - I even referred to the four spirits as the 'riddlers.' When their spirits came to me - there was a divine sense of 'unconditional love' and I think that is what sparked my imagination more than anything. I was expecting that same flow of love to be in place when I met up again with them in person. Being in the human condition sort of puts a 'block' that on divine feeling.


When I crossed paths with the friend who died in 1978 - it wasn't in person. It was a photograph that someone showed me and a bright white light came out of the eyes of the photograph and hit me like a tidal wave and left me speechless. When the memories of the 'spiritual conversations' that came between us in dreams returned to the surface of my mind - that is exactly what his spirit told me would happen when I saw his photograph. We wouldn't meet in person - and I would only became aware of his presence in the world again through that photograph. So, I was really led to feel let down from that experience.


When the 'hidden memories' of our friendship did return - so did the memory of the enormous pain that had came between us. His death had been a suicide and it had hurt many people. The memory led me to contact the last person who had seen him alive with a message I was supposed to pass on to them for a sense of closure. It was supposed to be the same for me when I crossed paths with his reincarnated soul - to know that his soul had survived that ordeal to live another day in the world.


Why do we love the ones that hurt us the most and hurt the ones that love us the most?


This was a pattern that returned over and over again with the five reincarnated friends. I loved them the most in this world - yet - there was always a deep level of pain attached.


Because of my 'spiritual contact' with their departed souls - there wasn't the worldly attachment of pain and suffering - yet when I crossed paths with them again in the world - that hurt and pain theme hit me like a tidal wave. In my imagination, I had been expecting a reunion with them free of any 'hurt and pain.' I felt we had paid our dues with that in the past.


Is it a lesson we have to overcome - or is it jut the price we pay to touch true and real love while we are in this world.


Now I feel - the deeper the love is - the more profound the pain is going to be - either when we lose sight of one another in a parting (such as death) or when the currents hidden in the undertow lead us to bang our heads together some how.


Maybe I have become cynical and jaded as I grow older - but when it comes to meeting a past life associate - I have come to expect pain and suffering from it - one way - or another. I just feel it is part and parcel of the whole.


Sincerely,


DKing
 
dking777 said:
Is it a lesson we have to overcome - or is it jut the price we pay to touch true and real love while we are in this world.
Now I feel - the deeper the love is - the more profound the pain is going to be - either when we lose sight of one another in a parting (such as death) or when the currents hidden in the undertow lead us to bang our heads together some how.


Maybe I have become cynical and jaded as I grow older - but when it comes to meeting a past life associate - I have come to expect pain and suffering from it - one way - or another. I just feel it is part and parcel of the whole.


Sincerely,


DKing
It's a pretty bleak view Dking, but I suppose as they say, 'love hurts'? I've lost a couple of people in this life who've been close to me in previous lives and it hurts like heck. Most recently 'D'. I wrote about him here: The Blitz. It's still very easy to get teary when I think about him.


I've lost other friends, but somehow the ones I've known before just have more impact on me. My feelings for them are deeper I suppose. I don't know if it's because I've known them longer, or because they are the ones I choose to hang around with the most because I love them more? But, although there has been pain in losing them, I try to focus on the great joy they have given me too, not just this life. So, I guess it's partly attitude and perspective?
 
A colleague of mine died a few months ago. He contacted me recently and told me he will be my son in my next life. He said he is looking forward to it because I had been a good mother to him in one shared past life long ago.


I was very surprised and really touched and a bit sad because in this life we had only a nodding acquaintance. I wish now I could have known him much better. We could have been good friends.
 
Nangijala said:
A colleague of mine died a few months ago. He contacted me recently and told me he will be my son in my next life.
Hi...I am interested in how this 'contact' was. Was it through a dream 'vision' during the night? Actual sight of his spirit while you were asleep - or where you awake when the contact occurred?


My contacts would be during a 'sleep' session where I would have an 'out of body' experience at times. I would be sitting on the bed next to their spirit - and looking over my shoulder at my body sleeping on the bed. I would want to have contact with them - in what I called 'outside of my own head.' I would want to wake up and see their spirit sitting on the side of the bed to confirm a vision 'outside' of my own self. It was during these contacts that I felt the 'glow' or 'vibe' of the unconditional love with a 'divine' nature attached to it. It was just 'pure love.' I got so used to that 'vibe' or 'glow' and sort of had the anticipation of that same feeling being present when I met up with them in a human body.

He said he is looking forward to it because I had been a good mother to him in one shared past life long ago.
I am not a Mother so - I can only assume that there is 'hardships' and some pain attached to raising a child. What I feel I am trying to express - is that because I had this sort of 'divine encounter' with them prior to the meeting - or actual friendship (relationship) in the flesh - I was expecting more than what was delivered. Sort of like a 'story book' happy ending to it all. Instead - I felt I was left hanging in some sort of 'cliffhanger' episode with the words To Be Continued in the next episode - so stay tuned. My attitude after my encounters with five people - where 'huh' - 'what the heck was that?' That's it?


I feel 'left in the dark' about a great percentage of what was discussed back in the early 80's with all these spirits - on a human level. I woke up from these visions and felt like it was a 'Swiss cheese' encounter. I couldn't recall some of the discussion where my spirit had sight of the whole business involved. I would say that 85% of the discussion was kept from my conscious mind when I woke up from the visions - so I only had about 15% of the information to go on and used my imagination to fill in the missing blanks.


How much can we work on - on a conscious level if the vast majority of information is hidden from our conscious view?


Sincerely,


DKing
 
I think I have expressed this parable before. I came up with it in childhood when I had 'near-death experiences' that led to 'out of body' experience where I would be in spirit - and looking at my physical body laying on a bed. When I was outside my body in spirit - I felt like a baby kangaroo in the pouch of a higher power with superior intelligence that far exceeded my own. There was the worldly mind - and to stay in tune with the world - I had to view everything from that pouch. When I crossed over into the light - I would merge 'minds' (or change my point of view and focus) away from the pouch level (material world) into the view and understanding of the superior mind above the pouch whose focus was on the 'spirit world' and eternity. I think some may call that the 'higher self' or 'over-soul.' That is the part of 'me' that has full control over my 'fate' and 'destiny.'


I will give an example of what happened to me in one incident.


>>>>>>to be continued.....
 
In 2007 - I had this 'uncontrollable' urge to arrange a meeting with someone - and it had to be in a public place. They had an office but I wasn't comfortable meeting in the office. Ask me why and I wouldn't have had a logical explanation for it. To satisfy this 'urge' - I had to take a day off from work. I arranged the meeting in a downtown mall area. When I got there - the person called and said they were tied up with other business and canceled the meeting. I was walking home and someone passed by me on the street. I got this deja vu feeling - and I felt I knew this person. I thought it was another person I had met a few weeks before. Inside of me - I couldn't shake the feeling that a good friend had just passed by me and - didn't recognize me. I ran up to catch up to him - only to look into the face of a stranger. We were walking over a bridge and he stopped and turned to me to talk. Deja vu hit me like crazy. I swore I had been in that scene before. We walked for an hour talking and then parted company.


After he left - I was searching for why this incident seemed so familiar. Then, all the memories of conversations with a spirit in 1990 came rush to me. The name, the birth date, the fact that we would meet in a bridge in a certain location - everything. Even the fact that I would take off work for a day and miss a day's pay to meet this 'spirit' when it was incarnated into a new personal and physical body.


I thought I made the 'free-will' choice to take a day off in 2007, but I looked back over my shoulder and could recall my spirit and his spirit making that 'date' with destiny in 1990. I was 'kept' blind to - and in the dark - and just followed inner urges - not knowing why I felt it was so important to take that day off and be at that location. On a human level - he was totally in the 'dark' and blind to what his spirit had arranged prior to his own birth in this world.


My expectation in 1990 - was to meet up with an old friend and pick up where we left off prior to his death in 1990. Instead, I got a stranger with the spirit of an old friend hidden inside of him - and the human part of him was totally deaf, dumb and blind to the history of our 'spiritual' connections in the past. In the end - it was nothing I was expecting - but I am sure that everything that was agreed upon (in spirit) was accomplished with that meeting. Once my spirit is committed to something - how much control do I have on a human conscious level to change that spiritual commitment?


If I had known what was going to take place that day - I may have changed my mind about losing a day's pay for it. Wait for another life time where I get to spend more than an hour with him before he disappears off into the world on his own. I am sure that is why I was kept in the dark about the details - and left with a curious mind about it in 1990. Who was really making all those choices for 17 years that led me to that particular 'street corner' - for a date two spirits set before one of them was even born? What was my exceptions of it in 1990, compared to the 'outcome' and reality that came to pass? It was night and day.


Sincerely,


DKing
 
Nangijala said:
A colleague of mine died a few months ago. He contacted me recently and told me he will be my son in my next life. He said he is looking forward to it because I had been a good mother to him in one shared past life long ago.
I was very surprised and really touched and a bit sad because in this life we had only a nodding acquaintance. I wish now I could have known him much better. We could have been good friends.
Wow that is so special. Was this in a dream?
 
dking777 said:
Hi...I am interested in how this 'contact' was.
I did PL research via pendulum dowsing. I just searched for a name with an ABC-chart. Suddenly the pendulum went INGO and then HALLO. I was surprised and a bit startled because I hadn't expected such a reaction and my pendulum had never before moved so quickly and so precisely from letter to letter. I asked: Who are you? and he answered: I'm Ingo S...


For a moment I was really scared. I was a bit overwhelmed with the situation. It was so weird. I wanted to stop the dowsing, to break this strange contact at once. But then I pulled myself together and asked Ingo, if he had a problem or a message or whatever. Well, he had a message. He warned me against the woman I mentioned in another thread. He told me she was manipulating my pendulum and telling me a bunch of lies, to mix up my PL research and to make me sad.


This was our first contact. At a later time Ingo told me this one morsel about this one future life because I had been silly enough to have asked questions about my future lives in general and was really upset with the disastrous answers I got thanks to Mrs. Gadfly. He wanted to soothe me and he did soothe me :thumbsup:


And for the time being I've stopped pendulum dowsing because Ingo strongly advised against doing it. He said Mrs. Gadfly will be reborn soon and until then I shouldn't touch my pendulum with a ten-foot pole. I think, he is right.
 
Nangijala said:
And for the time being I've stopped pendulum dowsing because Ingo strongly advised against doing it. He said Mrs. Gadfly will be reborn soon and until then I shouldn't touch my pendulum with a ten-foot pole. I think, he is right.
Thanks for sharing this. The first spirit I had contact with after my NDE - I was able to be present when 50 other people had a sighting or experience with this 'spirit'. It was just the beginning of a whole slew of spirits that came into my life. During my NDE - I was escorted around by a couple of spirit guides. They were sort of the authority on all matters spiritual during this time. When they 'spoke' to me telepathically or in visions in dreams - it was with the understanding that it was on behalf of God. I befriended a new group of friends during the height of this spiritual involvement - and they brought up the subject of the "Oujia board.' My friends felt I was some sort of walking portal to the other side and they had questions they wanted to ask. I could be standing in a group of people and hear spirit whisper vividly into my ear in plain English. When my friends mentioned the Oujia board - it ruffled the feathers of my two spirit guides - and they told me in no uncertain terms to avoid and stay away from that type of mediumship. The 'spirit guides' went on and on about it when they were whispering an explanation into my ear. When I verbalized an explanation to my friends - I just said, "It is a slap in God's face." There was a lot more to it than that - but that was the first sentence out of my mouth. I had a long conversation after that with my friends - and a part of the problem (as explained to me by the spiritual guides) was deception. I was told that the world was full of deceptive people as well as deceptive spirits hidden from view of the minds of humanity. Their intent was not to led a mind to the 'truth of God' as much as it was to lead a mind astray of the truth.


I had 'spirits' popping out of thin air to talk to me (on behalf of God) - so resorting to this sort of contact and communication was a step down from where I was at - in that moment. My friends argued that since they didn't have that sort of ability - how could they go about experiencing contact first hand. They didn't feel they would be trying to 'slap God's face' with it. I told them, "God just told me NOT to do it. If I did it after being told NOT to - then - it would be slapping God in the face. If you don't feel God just told you not to - then - you don't have to worry about it like I do." I told them they could go out in the middle of the street and play with that board all they wanted - because - in my opinion it was just as dangerous as sitting in the middle of a crowded street. Only a matter of time until a casualty occurred.


I was later led to a several so-call psychics supposedly 'dishing' up valuable information from spirit. These 'psychics' didn't know I had 'second sight' and could hear spirit. It was a spirit all right - but they were the 'dark variety' and what I called the 'foes' when I was a child. Dark and sinister with no good on their mind.


So from my experiences I tend to agree with the advise given to you about this sort of contact. Best to be weary and very cautious of it in my book of understanding.


Sincerely,


DKing
 
In hindsight, I think that is why so much 'spiritual information and knowledge' was kept from my 'conscious' mind. When ever I went 'out of body', rather it be during sleep or a near-death experience - I couldn't retain all of the experience on a conscious level. I think a part of the reason has to do with 'deception' - and looking back on the experience - I can see where I 'deceived' my own self some with what limited information and knowledge I was given access to back in the early 80's.


The spiritual guides and spirits I worked with back then - always referred to 'reincarnation' as 'hidden knowledge' or 'secret knowledge.' I feel I have witnessed that many times in my own past when it comes to other spiritual truths. When you put it in the hands of the masses - it sort of gets destroyed and tainted by human perception.


Sincerely,


DKing
 
I saw Ed and Lorraine Warren at a local college campus decades ago. She couldn't stress enough that we should NEVER use a ouija board. She said it was opening a door that we cannot close.


There is a soul I went to school with. I asked him way back then to a Sadie Hawkin's Dance (ok I am showing my age, LOL) and he said no. Since then I have been really uncomfortable around him and it has been decades. I never could understand it.


Until two days ago ... I was looking at the photo of a man I loved in my life in 1889. He looks just like him! Well there it is ... I hope that removes the weird feeling when I see him.
 
Mama2HRB said:
... that we should NEVER use a ouija board. She said it was opening a door that we cannot close.
It was never my intention to talk with ghosts or souls or whatever. Therefore I would never have used a ouija-board. But I had this book by Angelika Hoefel about PL research with a pendulum and there were many instructions about the right clock time and the right state of body and mind et cetera but no bloody information about being a kind of beacon for vengeful PL acquaintances or other persons.


When I started pendulum dowsing I really believed I could only communicate with my own higher self. And I hadn't the faintest idea I could have contact with something or someone other than my higher self against my own free will. I was very naive and way too confident.
 
I'm a bit interested in occultism, but haven't ever made any ritual and I'm not sure, if calling ghosts talking to them was a good idea.


Expectation of 'future meeting' is a bit dangerous. That's the greatest disadvantage of belief in reincarnation. You stop valuing life, you lose ambitions and it is easier for you to think about suicide or in the way 'I'd like to see my friends as soon as possible'. It is not said, that you will be able to see them one more time. You don't have to believe in reincarnation in forthcoming life or... or just can be born at the back of the world (beyond? Not sure, hope, that you'll understand).


I understand your pain, because I hope, that will be able to recognize people from my past and meet them one more time. And I wish it for you with all my heart, because it's really painful - to lose anybody. I can pray for you and your friends... but just be careful, OK?


Hold on, you can write me, if you wanted to talk to me :)
 
Ender27 said:
I'm a bit interested in occultism, but haven't ever made any ritual and I'm not sure, if calling ghosts talking to them was a good idea.
For myself - after my NDE - I spoke to my Grandfather who was a Christian. I was left with many unanswered questions concerning what happened to me and why. My Grandfather advised me to send my questions to God in prayers. That is what I did - and it was the 'spirits' of departed friends who showed up with the answers - totally unexpectedly. I was warned by the 'spirits of my departed' friends to never call on them directly. They could only come to me in response to a prayer God would direct them to answer on God's behalf.

Ender27 said:
Expectation of 'future meeting' is a bit dangerous. That's the greatest disadvantage of belief in reincarnation.
I don't know that the anticipation of the meeting was harmful - but what I feel was a 'let down' was utilizing my mental imagination in an effort to gauge what the outcome was going to lead to.

Ender27 said:
I understand your pain, because I hope, that will be able to recognize people from my past and meet them one more time. And I wish it for you with all my heart, because it's really painful - to lose anybody. I can pray for you and your friends... but just be careful, OK?
The actual loss was many years ago so - that is not something that affects me in my current postion. I moved through that process very quickly actually. I always had encounters with their 'departed spirits' in the aftermath. Due to my experience with the NDE's - I understood that there was a 'dark void' that had to be navigated to reach the light. That was always my prayer for any friend who passed away. My question was always - if they made it 'home to God' okay. I felt I wouldn't know the answer to that unless God gave it to me directly. So I would pray for my friends to find it home okay to the light and asked God to help them if needed - and I asked God to let me know they had made it home okay. The joy that comes with that sort of 'divine message' being delivered (in person so to speak) washes away the pain of the loss - because you do realize it isn't good-bye as much as it is until we meet again. So, that is where the discussion of where, when and how we were going to meet again came about.


Who we are in spirit and who we are as human beings are night and day. The five friends I mention on this thread - there is no doubt in my mind that we are share an eternal bond and in heaven - our friendship never ends. Just sort of confused about the 'change of persona' that came about in their last incarnations.


Thanks for your kind words and generous thoughts, as well as your understanding.


Sincerely,


DKing
 
Thank you.


I'm a christian, too, and pray a lot for another people. Your attitude is really mature.


I wish you all the best. Is there anything I could do for you?
 
Back
Top