• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

False Ping?

Shiftkitty

Registered User
I regard things that feel like they're stimulating a potential PL memory as being not unlike a sonar. Information is constantly coming in throughout our day, such as whether or not the guy in front of us is actually braking or just resting his foot on the brake pedal heavily enough to turn on his brake lights but too light for him to feel his car slow down, right on to watching out for small kids dashing around a waiting room. The sonar that detects PL stuff discards most of it, but now and then something pings like a sonar beep indicating that something worth looking at might be there. Sonars, however, pick up all kinds of things, and I've heard that a ping that comes back and turns out to be nothing is sometimes called a false ping. This was a strong ping that I got, but so far research and meditation has revealed nothing.

What happened was that I was delivering a case to a dentist and on my way out some children were playing with some toys provided by the dentist. As the family prepared to leave the children got up and a small stack of blocks tumbled over with the number "1674" spelling itself out in a neat row on the floor. They lined up almost perfectly, facing me so I could read them clearly. It stuck in my head as a date and when I got home that evening I began looking at events in 1674 to see if anything seemed familiar or struck a chord. Nothing did, however. Not even an inkling. Meditation has been coming up empty. I'm beginning to think it was a false ping, but the date is still stuck firmly in my skull.

Anybody have memories from 1674 they may want to share? Maybe something will jar loose.
 
It could be part of an address rather then a year.


The bones of the "Princes in the Tower" were supposedly found near the White Tower in 1674.
 
Address? Hmmm. I'll let that simmer a bit and see what comes up. oddly, the searching of 1674 as a date didn't turn up anything about the Princes. Interesting.
 
I really don't think PL memories function much differently than CL ones (not sure if that's a common opinion here) - sometimes in our current lives, we know something's familiar but we can't place why, except that later we may be able to find out from someone else what it was. With PL ones we may not have anyone who can put the pieces together.


I also may have had a false ping... I had this random dream that I was asking my Mom if she remembered when I was her mother. Except nothing about it felt true, nor does it now. That said, it doesn't mean there wasn't a reason I briefly thought that subconciously.... I may not have been her mother, but of some other importance in a PL.
 
I find that about memories as well. I was at a Psychic Faire one day and someone caught my attention. She was talking to a friend about past lives and as I approached I let my mind run free. I saw her as a man in ancient Rome and I "remembered" her as a friend of mine back then about as easily as I would remember an old friend from school in this life. It was quite a trip, really. Without thinking, I called out "Eh, Roma!" I sensed immediately that it was a nickname because this person was so patriotic about Rome, not unlike calling a very patriotic American 'Uncle Sam'. She looked up and we both crossed the courtyard and clasped hands and hugged. She called me 'Claudius' (not the Emperor, for sure!) and we just rolled into the conversation, essentially letting our souls speak to one another. It was so casual, asking how each other had been, do we remember much between then and now, etc. We parted ways and I saw her a few times after that in the course of business, but our lives were on different tracks and we left to the winds to send us to where we needed to be. After all, it wasn't like we'd never meet again, eh?


I haven't had a meeting like that since, however.


Hmm, I'm going to post that story in its own thread...
 
The term 'ping' is important in PL recall exercises.


ShiftKitty,


Thank-you for quoting the term 'ping' -- as 'ping' "hits the nail on the head" in describing feelings more insightful than the term 'deja-vu' alone!


Personalyy, I ocassionally feel that 'ping' sense during meditation sessions, or during half-asleep/half-awake states while walking-up in the morning!


The term 'ping' has been rarely mentioned in this Forum. Thank-you again for calling this term to our attention!


Marc
 
My father was a submariner, so I guess the sonar analogy was fairly familiar to me. Glad it fits what you need!
 
Shiftkitty, thanks for sharing that experience. Be 1674 a year, address, or number that relates to something else entirely - it was meant to get your attention for a reason! :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top