• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Feeling of Impending Doom (2012)

Sunniva

Administrator Emeritus
I completely agree that I think the media plays a huge role in making us think doom is ever so near. They're constantly on the look-out for a story that will give them more viewers than the competing channel. Even in a tiny (compared to the US) country like Denmark. Recently the media warned us that 'the storm of the century' was on its way and they lined up all the various scenarios of doom that this storm could cause. When the storm hit they put reporters at the seaside, who were almost tumbling in the waves, they interviewed worried fishermen and people with gardensheds. And the storm passed. No ships had sunk, no people had died, not even a tree had fallen. Then they spend the following night questioning meteorologists on why nothing happened! They almost seemed sad. The media loves a bit of scandal, tragedy and horror. Tsk tsk.

The thing is - from my perspective - that the more people are made to believe that doom is near, the more willing they are to be controlled either by media or the governments and that to some extend all of this has taken a turn towards totalitarism. I think - if anything - our freedom and democracy is under threat. Not from the outside, but from the inside. From ourselves. As long as we keep believing that the only threat again Western civilization comes from the outside, we are willing to accepts laws, rules and attitudes within our own society that are destructive to the values that we think we're fighting for.

*stepping of soapbox* Just my own humble opinion : angel

Sunniva from Denmark posted this in 2012. I think it fits well in today's social, political and economic chaos. Nothing's changed, just magnified.
Miss you Sunniva!

Last edited:
Crises of various types are manufactured and promoted by the elites to provide a basis for extending control and expanding influence. It is only by pushing a crisis narrative that ordinary citizens can be convinced to cede rights and control to the elite. Thus, it is necessary to always promote this type of narrative. In this regard, there are always useful idiots who are ready to run around screaming that the sky is falling.

S&S

PS--Sorry. I'm usually more mannerly and circumspect in my criticisms. I'm in a fairly cynical mood today.

PPS--The problem with constantly promoting a crisis narrative is the same that came to the boy who constantly cried "wolf"--we will be unprepared to take a serious warning seriously when the time comes.

I read today that California and Oregon plan on voting to secede from the USA, and having a family-friend of my wife's post very hate-filled Facebook comments after Trump's election, real melt-downs.

It is truly sad how people get their knickers in a twist so easily by media induced hysteria!

Last edited:
I agree Ken. Here's more food for thought. (And I owe you an email ) ;o)

I believe that I am responsible for how I choose to feel and how I choose to react. If we look at human history, and the current conflicts within this lifetime; it is apparent that we work very hard to overcome difficulties and darkness. Some people call it evil. Balance should be the goal. Finding one's center is what enables us to overcome the illusion of opposites.

The scientific laws of energy explain why we work so hard to overcome it - ENERGY FOLLOWS ATTENTION. In other words, if we hate darkness and focus our attention on war, disease and illness -- guess what we are aware of and thus create - in this life and in life after life?

The key is that while we choose good, and we choose light, we have to also compassionately allow for lights opposite expression. This will lead us to mastering compassion. With it comes responsibilities and personal power. We live in a world of polarities - it is by way of darkness that we come to know -- the light. BUT as Braden states so eloquently below -----------

"This is not to say that you will not be witness to other's expressions of darkness. Their darkness does not have to become your experience. Hating Lucifer and blaming others for fear and dark experiences provides just the opposite effect to that intended. - Gregg Braden"

It's OK SeaAndSky....we all have feelings about the current situation. Sometimes a little rant helps.

I see things happening in the US a little differently.. What is going on is a realignment in the world because of globalisation.. The county and its people most effect by what is happening is America. It all began after the second world war when America was the only industrialised county not to have its factory's flattened and economy wrecked.. America did very well financially from the war compared to all other countries.. After the war and people of the world began to re establish themselves America was the only country placed to manufacture and supply to the world a new demand for manufactured products. That was the beginnings of a whole new era for the US.. Its people enjoyed a lifestyle only seen in the US.. Now your corporations are no longer American corporations sending all of there vast global profit's back to America sustaining the lifestyle of all Americans ...now because of globalisation they are global corporations with only division of there global operations in America who will like it or not manufacture and do what needs to be done at the most efficient cost to them.. This is just a small aspect of globalisation. For the US to competed in this global economy, the citizens of the US can no longer be sustained to maintain the lifestyle they are accustomed to
No politician Trump included can change what is happening.. Trade deals.... US politicians do not even understand the basics of the problem the US has.. Your corporations are global corporation who have division in all of the countries involved in these trade deals. With or without US participation they will continue to do very well.. The US has to be very careful what it does,, China is waiting in the background to fill any void left by the US.. No matter what Trump does the US will continue to trade with the world and all of the problems the US has competing in the global economy will not change.. Its a no win situation for the US. Manufacture in the US, and/or impose import duties on products going into the US will increase prices Americans could never afford to pay, or its people will go through the toughest realignment of any country because of the situation they were in before globalisation started. It's fully understandable why Americans hate globalisation. Nothing or no politician in America can stop what is happening . Its all about capitalism working at its highest levels in the private sector. Of course the people are upset as the election results impose the reality of there plight. These are just my thoughts from my observations, which are only mine and most likely wrong in many ways, because I'm no expert.

Last edited:
John, I agree with much of what you say; although I do not know what you mean by "I see things happening in the US a little differently..". Since my current memory spans the entire time-period you are talking about, I am interested in what you are saying.

My personal thoughts are a bit different in that I do not like the idea of a global government, nor do I like corporatism as a form of government for the USA (capitalism is not corporatism as far as I'm concerned). The corporations that are big enough to spread across countries do effect wage leveling eventually which is probably a good thing, but during the early part of that the disparity in wages causes panic to the workers in the higher paid countries - which I think is what you were also saying.

I think that this thread was more about the fanning-the-flames by the media than the reasons behind the basic threats.

Hi Ken I to lived through most of this ....In answer to your question "I see things happening in the US a little differently" is difficult to explain. You probably know what is going on with me so there is no need for an explanation of that situation. Because of this, the way I view things is changing.. Somewhere I don't know exactly where... all of these type of things are now being filtered through something, like a computer programme. which makes me view them differently.
Nothing like this concerns me anymore. It's something like, I have an understanding its all normal and natural and everything is on track for its inevitable conclusion. Conclusion doesn't mean everything will end, it means its inevitable conclusion, whatever that is.

Last edited:
Hi Ken Just a quick thought which may appear off the subject but it is relevant to the thread 'Feeling of Impending Doom" You talk about not liking corporatism as a form of government... I agree.. But when they control commerce there is little or nothing governments and politician's can do, they are under the control of global corporations. Anyone who is business in some direct or indirect way has no options but to deal with them, and as a result almost everything consumers purchase are tainted if you like to look at it that way by both corporatism and capitalism.. Again as I said , America and its politicians the same as all other countries cannot stop this.. Whatever Trump does cannot change the fundamental control they have over everything we purchase.. What control is that? They have divisions in many countries, they manufacture in some but sell to all of them..They manufacture then they sell the manufactured products to themselves in another country leaving the profits in the country of manufacture or leave none there and pay very little tax's and sell it to themselves in the country where they want the profits to end up. Apple is a good example, there products sell for different prices all over the world. In most cases the profits end up where they want to expand and when the profits are used for that they again pay little or no tax's.. While they manufacture then sell and buy to themselves in other countries there is little or nothing governments can do to control them.. Any changes Trump makes in America will only requires global corporations to make minor adjustments to what prices they will buy and sell to themselves for in each country.. This is capitalism at its best like it or not

Regards

Last edited:
Hi John,

My mention of corporatism was to explain my desire to keep them out of government (especially the FDA, EPA, and other agencies), A lot of people equate capitalism with corporatism. I was not writing about government control of corporations. We-the-people have control of corporations if we get organized and control our purchases a little better – I believe that this can happen. People have a knack of adjusting to the circumstances if they are given the understanding and freedom to do it.

I am more concerned with the lack of depth of the people in the USA at this time, the young people wanting to be taken care of forever, afraid of so many things, and believing that a government given absolute power will be benevolent. I am also concerned about the divisions that are created during elections to get them to vote on small personal issues while the things of national concern get maneuvered away from them. I am often surprised to find so much common-ground between my views and those of someone furiously denouncing my politics because they believe what the media claims that people who vote this way or that “really are”. So, I distrust the main-stream media and am glad we have had a relatively open internet for the past few years – sorry to see some of the changes to it now.

Last edited:
I remember the day Pearl Harbor was bombed; and the day FDR died.
I remember WWII, the gathering of scrap metal, victory gardens, my favorite cousin of my dad's coming home on furlough and having to go back to fight some more.
And I remember the many changes, good and bad, that have occurred throughout the rest of my years.

I became very interested in History in my thirties, and have been so surprised to find how much like some of this country's history reads like today's news. It's given me hope that once more everything will come out okay. Meanwhile, I no longer follow news on the internet, or TV, and only turn my TV on when I wake up each morning to see if things have changed drastically in the night, and this time all hell has broken loose. Today I saw Fidel Castro's image, with the news that he'd died.

And in the silence of my day, I continue to write my little stories about my interesting childhood, or work on my many other writings or unfinished stores, and enjoy the peace that surrounds me in my solitude. My only fear - it pops up once in awhile - is what I might come back to in my next life, because this one, I imagine will come to a close in not too many more years.

Gypsy, I was only three-and-a-half years old when Pearl was bombed, but I recall it vaguely. FDR's death was a bit more memorable, and the rationing and blackouts that occurred during the war. It seems that we are thinking along the same lines as I have been creating a record for my children. As for concerns about future life, I think that I will be able to deal with it... well I hope that I can.

What concerns me more is this next year since several people have claimed that Obama will be the last US president; I just watched something today about the earth changing and recalled Cayce's predictions.

KenJ, Nice to meet someone near my age. My fourth birthday was mid November before Pearl Harbor, and I guess I have such a clear memory of the day because I was always near my parents, and their reactions to things being reported on the radio. Such events always had an huge impact on me, although I was always calm. Still am, but the future I'm seeing now gives me little hope.

I've also been creating a record for my children and grandchildren. I've written short stories of my experiences growing up, like how I learned to drive in an old Model T pickup made into a saw, taught by my younger brother. I was eight or nine, he was two years younger. All I needed to drive at fifteen was getting used to the speed. Mine was a rather unusual childhood, so I have quite a few of interesting stories. Even one when my curious nature nearly made me the main course for a huge black boar, after he'd had a chicken I'd scared into flying in his pen, for an appetizer.

For the past month or two I've been writing what I've titled "Living Through History," from FDR on down. I've been studying the political parties and the government since 1990, and watching everything

Fascinating and happy - the three of you hold a perspective on things different from the majority. To have lived through so much - so long ago - your input here might help many. I encourage you all to share what you know about the old days. Especially when someone is having memories about that time period and have questions.

Many Blessings.....

Deborah, I appreciate your comments, as well as your leadership on this forum. A few years ago I did a little math and put some history in perspective, something I invite everyone to do. I calculated where I would be if I started at my birthday and went into the past as far as I'd come forward since that date. I was surprised that it would have been about the time that Lincoln was assassinated at that time - now it would have been prior to the Civil War - something that I always felt was REALLY a long time ago.

One thing that seems to have remained the same over my lifetime is that paranormal things were not normally talked about, and reincarnation was seldom mentioned in "polite company". To find out now about the UFO crash in Germany that led to their ability to advance to a position of thinking that they could conquer the world and our own Roswell incident and eventual use of those German scientists to create and use atomic weapons - a path to our own destruction, is chilling. But, that is the past that I hope we can somehow get beyond for the sake of my grandchildren and great grandchildren (of which I now have three - pretty good for a guy who wasn't expected to be alive these past forty-six years ago). I'm still wondering what I'm being kept alive for, I've started to share my varied para psychological experiences with the usual "eye-rolling" responses more these past few years, no idea if this has anything to do with it or not.

The time before TV and yet after indoor plumbing was the period of my childhood. My location was in a small village where the most powerful AM radio transmitter-tower was located (WLW 50,000 Watts, but had been 500,000 watts for several years) where you could hear the broadcast in metal fences. When it was broadcasting at 500 kW, many nearby buildings had lights that would stay on as the wiring would capture the broadcast energy. And not far from the WLW transmitter was the Voice of America transmitter-towers where our neighbor worked. The VOA was patrolled during WWII and search-lights would be shown on you if you drove too slowly past the towers. My best friend in school lived on the WLW grounds as his dad was in charge of the facility, we would swim in the cooling tank when they changed the water, climbed up into the old elevated guard-house, and played ball in the field under the tower.

Hi Ken,

I've been interested in the Nazi UFO stuff for a while. I read up on it once upon a time, but like most trips I've taken down the rabbit hole, it ended in more confusion than clarity--lots of cool possibilities that couldn't be proved, and nothing (in the end) very definite. It's kind of a shame. There's some cool artwork associated with this kind of thing, lots of enigmatic diagrams supposedly showing these things and how they worked, plus all the interesting stuff about the beautiful long haired ladies getting telepathic info, etc. (you'll know the ones I'm talking about if you've been down this particular rabbit hole!). Anyhow, links? I tease about it, but I'm still very interested.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--When I talk to you, I always feel like I just hatched out of the egg! Love the stuff about the radio transmitters, etc.

Hi S&S, long time, no see - yeah I've gone in and out of that rabbit-hole. The UFO stuff keeps popping up, my wife hosted her class reunion here last Saturday and a fellow told me that when he was in the service and riding on a bus, he saw a UFO and pointed it out to the others. With many countries now opening their UFO files, their existence is being recognized.

Awhile back you posted some local history of your own. I've moved across the county from my childhood home to another small village that was founded (1797) before the state of Ohio (1803). It is part of the "land between the Miamis" (the Great and Little Miami Rivers). A town that was founded and intended to be the legislative Capital of the West at that time. A land inhabited by the Mound-Builders of long ago, and just North of Fort Ancient. A lot of history here - my house is within a couple of hundred feet from an old stage-coach depot (now a house). When I was a kid I found arrow heads, a stone axe-head, and tons of fossils - three different time periods. Forgot to mention that this area is where the glacier stopped and deposited a lot of sand and gravel from yet another period in time.

What are you talking about "just hatched out of the egg", you are no youngster! I just got an early start, don't get me started or I'll take the conversation miles away from the intent of this forum. I'd talk about the bridges over the Miamis, the one nearby that they have tried four times to blow-up after building a new one (I-71 over the Little Miami), the one I set the Beams on across the Little Miami (as a foreman), the one I tore down across the Great Miami (as a Superintendent), and even the the I-75 bridges I worked on when I was eighteen (as a foreman).

Hi Ken,

I'm about 1 hour east of the junction of I-10 and I-75. It's interesting to think I could take a nice 16? hour drive up to see you sometime.

S&S

We have a bedroom that is often used by Florida visitors, you are welcome to come for a visit. Someone is coming mid-June from Daytona and the others in September on their way back to Lake Placid.
I'd love to meet you, hope you like small dogs - they own me.

The scientific laws of energy explain why we work so hard to overcome it - ENERGY FOLLOWS ATTENTION. In other words, if we hate darkness and focus our attention on war, disease and illness -- guess what we are aware of and thus create - in this life and in life after life?

Yes. Choose light. Channel light. Know, of course, that there is dark. But.... do the other thing.

Wise words Deborah.

Back