Bamboobuddha,
I had an experience with this that I found very troubling. I met a person in this life who I was aware I had known in my immediate past life.
In this life I am female, straight. In the present life the person I re-met is male, and, I think straight, though later I wondered if he was bisexual.
I began to have a relationship with this guy and we were both remembering a lot of things from our immediate past life. In that past life we had both been male and were in the First World War together, as young German officers.
I woke up next to this guy one morning, in our present life, and realized, with the most appalling shock, that he and I had been gay lovers in the war life. I was very disturbed by it, got up and went and cried in the bathroom. I could feel exactly as I must have felt in the war life, when this was very taboo and could get you into A LOT of trouble. I was very much in love with him - both lives - so I guess in the war life I felt helpless as I knew I could not resist what I felt for him.
I did later realize that in the war life he started to be scared of me doing or saying something that would reveal what was going on between us. He attempted to distance himself from me in that life, in the end he went on leave and came back engaged to a girl he had known in his home town. I was eventually regressed to this patch in our lives. I feel I was devastated to learn of his engagement, which he had announced it in public to the other men in our unit without have the courtesy to warn me in private first.
In my regression him and I had very clearly been having rows in private about this fiancee, there was a very bad atmosphere between us. Also I was secretly drinking a great deal as a result of all this, (I had also just lost my best friend in combat). This drinking was increasing his fear that I would say or do something to let the cat out of the bag, with, no doubt dire, consequences for us both.
In the regression I found out that he had attempted to murder me in that life in a 'friendly fire' episode. It did not work. But the fact that he tried was a very big shock to me in the regression.
In the present life he assaulted me very severely, and I left him. I was scared of him after that. I believe he remembered trying to kill me in the past life. He had very good past life recall, better than mine. He said to me several times he had remembered something major from back then, but he repeatedly refused to fill me in.
By the way, he had also, in this life, recalled, about a week or so after I had, that we had been gay lovers in our past life. He told me. I was too disturbed by it all to mention it to him, though we were always comparing notes about things we remembered from the past life. We discussed this aspect and our fears of being caught back then.
I was stuck with the feelings of being a gay man for about 2 years after all this. I was even becoming attracted to gay men in this life. I used to go deliberately to one Indian restaurant in order to talk to - and admire - a gay waiter in there. It eventually went off, after I had the regression to his trying to murder me in our past life. It was pretty disturbing while it was going on.