• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Granddaughter's "memories"

Hannah

Member
I hurt my arm a few days ago when I was installing a shower curtain - I think I pulled a muscle - and I was lying down yesterday after work because it hurt. We have custody of two very young granddaughters and the 4-year-old came in to chat. She has made one-off comments in the past about "when I used to be big," but I could never get anything more out of her on the subject. Yesterday was different. I'm just going to copy and paste the notes I jotted down a few hours later. I wish I had done it right away because I don't think I got the doctor's name exactly right:

"When I was big, before I shrank down to be little again, I hit my elbow on the wall and it really hurt-ed and the doctor gave me a band-aid and made me better."

The doctor was a girl and her name sounded like Savesky. (Seretsky - Szeskey?)

She was a "big" girl and had three younger brothers: Lingley (Langley?), William/Villam and a name that sounded like a cross between Zoe and Joey. She did not mention her own name.

She used to drive a car when she was 14 and big, before she “shrunk into a little kid again.” One day she was driving to the boat but when they got there it had already left without them (she seemed annoyed), so they went to the fair instead. They rode on the roller coaster but the seat belt broke and the monster came.

When questioned about the monster, she said he was big and green and stringy, and he bought them ice cream. She said he was a nice monster.


I think the description of the monster may have been fabricated or embellished because it was at this point that she told me to remember that it was just a story. On the other hand, maybe the monster was not nice at all and she decided to make him nice? Or maybe the monster was death?

The thing about driving the car to the boat makes me think it could have been a ferry but again, I'm just speculating.

She used the phrase "before I shrank/shrank-ed down to be little again" several times, as though I would know exactly what she meant. (I was flattered!)

She clammed up and I don't want to push her to talk; I'll wait till she volunteers further info.

I did a Google search for roller coaster casualties and there are many, but they don't give details like names. They do give locations, but I'm not even sure that I know which continent to search. Any ideas or comments are welcome.
 
Wow, Hannah!


This is one of those things that blows your mind, but leaves very little to go on. I got the feeling of some German names, there. If you know any languages, like German or Dutch, you might try "Wie gehts?" (vee-gates) [How goes it?] and see what she says.
 
Hi Hannah, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:


I also had a quick look on Google, and I don't think you have enough information there to pinpoint a time or location to be honest (not on the internet anyway)


I hope your granddaughter decides to talk some more about her experience, if she does, then maybe next time you could try asking her a few questions, like what is she wearing? and did she hurt herself badly on the rollercoaster (did she die?) It could have been a minor accident, and the nice 'big green monster' that she spoke of could have been young child's interpretation of anything from a paramedic (in a green uniform) to an air ambulance (green). Maybe you could ask her to draw a picture of this 'monster' and see what she comes up with.

Hannah said:
She used the phrase "before I shrank/shrank-ed down to be little again" several times, as though I would know exactly what she meant. (I was flattered!)
I think kids do expect adults to know what they mean when they speak about their past lives, because reincarnation, to a child, is recognized as a natural part in the cycle of life, to a child, it's as normal as the sun coming up in the morning, so why would they expect us adults to think any different? kids know far more than we give them credit for. ;)


So when your granddaughter speaks about her past life memories, it's always a good idea to go along with her and nod in agreement as if you know what she's talking about, and that will give her the confidence to open up to you whenever she feels like she needs to talk about it. Just remember to make a note of everything she says, and keep it in a safe place, and please do keep us updated if she says anything else.


Chris :)
 
Hannah, in fact your Granddaughters stated name of Villam/Willam is germanic, and it rose significantly in popularity in the late 50's early 60's. It is a form of William. :)


Langley also, is a very popular USA name, mostly used as a middle name, but often as a first name.


Names like 'Zoey' could be the names of such as Zea, Zia and Zoia.


:)
 
Thanks everyone, for the input! I am going to try to get a bit more detail from her first chance I get.


I thought it was odd that today I logged on to the news to read that a 15-year-old girl was killed on a fair ride - I can't remember right now if it was actually a roller coaster. Interesting and very sad.
 
Back
Top