• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Grandsons memories

Angels Grandma

Senior Registered
I know it has been a while. My dad passed away on Jan 9th. I have had trouble posting from my computer. I am using my daughters. This is what is up with my Grandson. Late last fall he told his mother that Mary A. had died. (my first post) She said she did not think so and he insisted. We had been to the cemetary and she had not died. He said she needed to go check. She did and we did not see anything there. I have gone through the cemetary when I could and saw nothing. Last week on my way home I again cut through the cemetary and much to my surprise there was a date on the stone. She had died on October 16th 2002. When his Mother told him he just looked at her and said " I told you" I went to the library and looked up the obit.
I also looked her up in a couple books that were there and found she was referred to as Mary V. This is also as He had told us when he was little, wghen he said there was 2 Mary's. Her maiden name was Van something and as her daughter was Mary Ann also I assume they added the V so they knew which Mary ann they wanted. I find this amazing and we do not know what to think. We have no knowledge what so ever of this family except what he has told us, and I have then looked up to try to varify. I would appreciate any comments or thoughts. I will try to figure out what is wrong with my computer so I can add anything that comes up. Angels Grandma
 
Hi Angels Grandma:

Sorry to hear about the death of your father.

Your grandson sounds like a remarkable child.
Has anyone ever asked him how he knows these things?

Peace
D.
 
My Grandson is so remarkable. He is in kindergarden this year and is brilliant. He was tested in January and his teacher was amazed. He can read anything you give him Favorites include instruction manuals for anything from Game Cube to a washer and dryer. Our school system tests on a system using the alphabet with A being what they learn in kindergarden and B first grade etc. When he was tested she stopped testing him when he passed J. She sent a book home a couple days ago that was an M book and he had no problem reading it. She has books brought in from other schools for him to read and his Mom and I buy him books like information books and he has taken a copy of the book of world records to school to read for fun. Recently on an outing with his 2 brothers to run remote control cars he spent almost 2 hours as he said "documenting the effect erosion had on the side of a hill" He is doing it as a show and tell for school. His ability as I have posted is remarkable and cannot be drawn out of him. It just appears and when you ask how he knows he says "I just know". I find it fascinating. To anyone who is reading please read past posts from me under Grandsons memories. The things he has told us about the lady who died is remarkable and there is no way he could know any of what he told us either when he was 3 (past posts) or when he told us Mary had died last fall. Any comments will be appreciated so much
 
HI Angels grandma

Nice to see you back. :) Does your grandson ever talk about other people who have died? Or is this the only time? From your post - I take it no one in your family personally knew Mary V?

Does he know other things that he has no way of knowing?

He sounds like a wonderful little boy -and so smart! My goodness, you and your daughter must also have your hands full. ;) Keep us posted!
 
I had posted a few things last fall that my Grandson has told us. The story of Mary started when he was years old. My daughter was waiting for me to get home from work and was riding around in my neighborhood. She passed a house several blocks from mine on a little used street that just goes in a half circle with only about 6 houses on and an apartment building. As she came out of the street he commented that he had been in "that house " She told him we knew no one that lived in it and he insisted. He said that was where Mary A. had lived. He had been there to see her and she had been stabbed once but she was alright as she just put a bandaid on it. We did not know if he meant stabbed or just cut but he said stabbed. He also said there were 2 Marys. As she came to the corner he said that Mary A. had a "rock" in the cemetary but she was not dead yet. The cemetary is just about a block and a half from the house so my daughter went into it. It is a very large cemetary with lots of curvy roads. As they went through the cemetary he told her where to turn and as they made a turn in the way back corner he pointed to a stone and said "there it is". Everyone in the car almost had a heart attack when they read the stone. It was for Mary A. Strange. Indeed she had not died yet, just as he said. They came to get me and he took me to the same spot a different way. His brother who was about 9 was amazed as were we. There was no way he could have directed us to that spot at 3 years old. We had no knowledge of her at all. I looked up her husbands obit and found that there were 2 marys as he had told us. She had a daughter named Mary. If interested I can post the other things he has said again. This got seperated from the other posts when I was having problems. Angels Grandma :)
 
Back
Top