TheCuriousOne said:
Kmat, I'm afraid the only thing I can do is try some more regressions, and continue to use free sites. The only reason I know this is a real memory is that I had a dream about the soldier's death.
Hi CuriousOne
You've had a bit of practice with regressions now I think? I think I read that you've been using CDs? Now that you've got the idea of what's involved, try doing it on your own. It's not as hard as you might think, especially when you've already had some success using guided meditations.
1. Find a time when you feel relaxed and a place won't be interrupted or distracted for half an hour or so.
2. While sitting or lying comfortably, do some relaxation for at least 5-10 minutes. Don't rush this bit or you won't get a good result. Take 100 slow breaths, counting them backwards (to increase concentration and focus). If you lose your spot and your mind wanders off, that's OK, don't get cross with yourself. Just start again from where you were up to when you got distracted. When you get to the last 20 make sure you really try to settle and slow down and focus in on what you are doing. This is all designed to get rid of the day to day 'chatter' that can interfere. You need the waters to be still so you can see beneath the surface.
3. When you get to zero, picture in your mind one scene that you can recall from the civil war. It's a good idea to use the strongest one. Run it over in your 'mind's eye'.
4. Rewind and run it again slower. Get it as sharp as you can. Pay attention to details you may have missed - sounds, smells, feelings, hot, cold, day, night .... Really focus on it.
5. Really take a look around at your surroundings. Who else is with you? What's going on around you? Ask yourself what happened before this. How did you get here? What led to this?
6. Ask yourself some questions: What's my name? Where am I from? Where did I die?
Trust what comes up first. Try not to analyse it or critique it. Just accept it. Your mind will try to 'get in on the act' with unhelpful thoughts like '...it's not working, how do I know I'm not making it up, I'm no good at this, this is silly...' Just tell these thoughts to be quiet for the moment and get back to the civil war. Just trust yourself that you
do know all this and that it
will come to you.
If you get scared or upset, you can just wiggle your toes and open your eyes and come out of it. If you get nothing or fall asleep, that's OK. Just put it down to practice and try again another day. It does get easier.
Be sure to write it all down as soon as you can afterwards while it's still fresh.