HelplessDancer
Sheikless Sheba
For what seemed like a very long time, I had nightly nightmares, the exact same nightmare each night, in 1983 (I was three years old and not only are those nightmares among my earliest real memories, I can remember them as clearly as if they happened yesterday despite being over twenty years ago now).
One part of the nightmare was desperately trying to get out of a burning building, which I feel was a school. The other more terrifying part of the dream I much later realised was a concentration-camp.
Years go by, it's late December 1994, I've just turned fifteen, and I start having eerily familiar dreams, of this old school I've often dreamt of, combined with xenoglossy. I can only read a bit of German when I'm awake (and back then I could understand even less German than I do now), yet I understood and spoke German perfectly in the dreams. Over time I've grown to not even be aware that I'm dreaming in another language when I have the dreams, so used to it am I.
At the time I began to have the dreams again, I instinctively knew they were past life dreams, and connected them to the nightmares I remembered so well. I learnt a relaxation/meditation technique which ennabled me to learn the names of some of the most important people in that lifetime, and because of one of the many dreams and nightmares I had then, I recognised my dearest oldest friend as my older sister in that lifetime.
Because of these dreams, I was able to convert to my original religion at eighteen years old, though my lifelong pyrophobia is still there. After all, in that lifetime I nearly died during Krystallnacht and then had to stand by as my 13 year old friend Mikhaila was burnt alive when we were in the camp together.
I've never determined it for sure, but I believe my name in that incarnation was Oda von Estermenn. (I know the last name from my past life meditation exercise, but not the first name; I just gravitated towards it the moment I first saw the name Oda in another book.)
I believe she died in 1953; though she survived, her heart and soul were dead in a way after she'd lost her older sister, her younger friend Mikhaila, and her best friend Lorelei, who died in 1947 also of a broken spirit. However, since then, since I've resolved and come to terms with the nightmare of before, I haven't had as many dreams of Oda's lifetime as I had when I was younger.
I'd really like to dream of her more, to get to find out things she never showed me, like her earliest childhood and more of her years after the war, like a free membership expired and I want all of the benefits. I know I vindicated her for what she went through, but I also miss her.
One part of the nightmare was desperately trying to get out of a burning building, which I feel was a school. The other more terrifying part of the dream I much later realised was a concentration-camp.
Years go by, it's late December 1994, I've just turned fifteen, and I start having eerily familiar dreams, of this old school I've often dreamt of, combined with xenoglossy. I can only read a bit of German when I'm awake (and back then I could understand even less German than I do now), yet I understood and spoke German perfectly in the dreams. Over time I've grown to not even be aware that I'm dreaming in another language when I have the dreams, so used to it am I.
At the time I began to have the dreams again, I instinctively knew they were past life dreams, and connected them to the nightmares I remembered so well. I learnt a relaxation/meditation technique which ennabled me to learn the names of some of the most important people in that lifetime, and because of one of the many dreams and nightmares I had then, I recognised my dearest oldest friend as my older sister in that lifetime.
Because of these dreams, I was able to convert to my original religion at eighteen years old, though my lifelong pyrophobia is still there. After all, in that lifetime I nearly died during Krystallnacht and then had to stand by as my 13 year old friend Mikhaila was burnt alive when we were in the camp together.
I've never determined it for sure, but I believe my name in that incarnation was Oda von Estermenn. (I know the last name from my past life meditation exercise, but not the first name; I just gravitated towards it the moment I first saw the name Oda in another book.)
I believe she died in 1953; though she survived, her heart and soul were dead in a way after she'd lost her older sister, her younger friend Mikhaila, and her best friend Lorelei, who died in 1947 also of a broken spirit. However, since then, since I've resolved and come to terms with the nightmare of before, I haven't had as many dreams of Oda's lifetime as I had when I was younger.
I'd really like to dream of her more, to get to find out things she never showed me, like her earliest childhood and more of her years after the war, like a free membership expired and I want all of the benefits. I know I vindicated her for what she went through, but I also miss her.