• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

I can recall. Are they merely dreams?

Daventry

This is only my second post and real first attempt to make any sense out of some "memories" I've had for a very long time. I am a skeptic but open to all of life's grand possibilities.

I would appreciate any feedback.

I've experienced three memories in my life that to me, seem almost dreamlike. I can't recall anything more than these minute long memories. I wonder if they are just dreams I've had or if they have somehow been influenced by television or movies. In any case, they are written below:

1. I recall very distinctly walking with a woman who feels like she is my mother. I'm young, perhaps 3 or 4. We're walking in a kind of Mexican indian adobe marketplace. There are only side walls that create this long hallway however there is no roof so the sun is shining above us. I see dirt floors. There are many street people, vendors I would say, with food, blankets, jewelry. I feel out of place which leads me to believe I'm not related to anyone I see except for my mother. Now, when i was younger (born in 1980) my parents and I, along with friends and family, would take camping trips down in Baja. My father was born in Mexico so camping down there was a constant activity. I grew up in Chula Vista so the border was less than 10 minutes away. Could this have simply been a childhood memory of mine? My mother has no recollection of this ever taking place.

2. This second memory is of me, this time a little boy around 10 or 11, standing near a train track and looking off in to the distance where a huge city is standing. I feel like it could be somewhere like New York or Chicago. I feel like it's around 1900. I'm wearing a paperboy hat. My clothing is a bit dirty almost as if I'd been playing in the dirt or hiking through the treeline around the city.

3. The third memory is the most vivid. I feel male around 35-40 years old. I feel like it's the late 70s. I'm a husband with three kids. I can't recall my wife's name but she's slender with dark brown hair. For some reason I've always felt my children are Justin, Emma, and Michael. I've felt like Justin was the oldest son around 14-15 and athletic. Emma feels like the middle child around 12-13 and she's seems very intelligent and in to reading. Michael is the youngest at around 6-7 and I feel like he is his mom's protector and very serious for his age. I can see our house. It's not too big. I see a work space outside where my tools are at. It's not Christmas but I see colored Christmas lights hanging around the trim of the home like we kept them up all year long. I feel like my name is Dean and I work construction or something where I use my hands. And I have this profound sense of love for everyone. I can see me picking up my wife and hugging her, lifting her off the floor because she's so small. But that's it. After that I can't recall anything else.

Hello Daventry and thank you for posting your memories. My questions begin with how much significant emotional content do these memories come with? You mentioned Dean in number 3 feeling a strong sense of love for everyone...how does that make you feel about the memory? Do you feel the same sense of love, or any familiarity and sense of the people involved (obviously!)? That is significant.

I ask because my past life memories invariably carry significant emotions with them, beyond simply viewing surprising scenes and people.

Also, look at the minor detail involved in the memories...number 1 indicates some specific detail about the location you walked with your mother...look further into the minor details...even if they don't indicate a greater sense of where and when you were there, it should help validate the sense you remembered a place you haven't been in this lifetime.

As for number 2, I would look through archival photographs of early 20th century skylines and see if it is possible to find a location from which you were that 10 year old paperboy...pretty interesting stuff!

In sum, I focus on the emotional content and how I feel as I review these memories, I then focus on the detail to see what is familiar then and how it differs in my familiarity with it now, then evaluate anything against any historical record that may be available. It sounds like you have some interesting investigation to do!

And once again, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for sharing Daventry. Usetawuz has already asked the questions I was going to!

usetawuz said:
how much significant emotional content do these memories come with?
That really is the main thing you have to ask yourself...Also, when you are dreaming/remembering a true past life memory, you just know without a doubt it past life. The emotional content is the next most important. If you feel both these things in connection to a dream or memory, there should be no question. If you don't feel that connection, and have doubts, personally I consider those dreams to be 'hints', or they can just be symbolic.

Really it's up to you. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Another vote for the emotions. Though I have many dreams where I feel the full range of emotions during the dream, I can feel when I wake up that they are only shadows of emotion as my waking actual emotion quickly overrides them. However, I have had dreams where I have woken up and still felt the emotion in it's entirety. These are the dreams I look at more closely.

Sometimes I get these really short past life scenes.In one of the scenes I am walking on the street trying to find food on the floor or rubbish bin I am a male and get the feeling that I am poor and very hungry.In this lifetime since childhood I always look down when I am walking! I look down and walk still now I am 44 years old. Also I always stock up on bread thinking that I will starve to death somehow.I have to have at least two spare breads in the freezer always!

Back