• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

I'm convinced that I can't be hypnotized. Please help.

The_Tiger

New Member
Hello, everyone! I'm Tiger from India.

I don't know if this is the right thread for this question. Please feel free to move it to the right place, if it isn't there already.

I need your little help here. I'm about to travel 2000 kms to the other corner of my country to do a past life regression therapy. Because I need to know about my spiritual development, as well as find answers to my questions.

But I've become skeptical that the PL Regressionists there can't throw me into hypnosis. Here's my problem:

Almost every night, I meditate with Hemi Sync music or binaural beats. But that remains in deep meditation, thinking of nothing. Absolutely nothing. If any thought comes, it's just about the worldly matters, the beautiful landscapes in a video game that I'd recently played; that's all. No matter, how much darkness, quietitude in the room is; no matter how much concentration I attain, I can't see or imagine anything beyond the usual worldly life.

For your information, I've done astral projection quite a few times, and it all feels ultra real, ultra convincing.

But I just can't do a Past Life Regression. I've seen a number of videos, read a ton of books, listened to a horde of Binaural beats, Hemi Sync music, all make me hallucinate something I've seen recently. Once, I'd spent all night doing this; still nothing at all!

I'm convinced that I can't be hypnotized by anyone. How do I deal with this? Should I refrain from travelling so far for PLR session? Can I really never be able to get a glimpse of my past life? But I need it so desperately. Please help. Thank you.
 
Many people think they can't be regressed. But almost always they eventually succeed. Maybe you are trying too hard. If you are able to astral project I think it will be easy for you to regress. You may be blocking because the last previous life had a traumatic death. That happens. A professional will have more than one method to regress you. Let us know what happens. BTW, it took me three tries listening to a regression tape before I succeeded. Send me a PM. I may have something that can help you.
 
Help is certainly on the way, I'll start with saying it seems your expecting it to fail, and so it does!!! The subconscious mind puts expectations on things without you realizeing it. But it shows with ones words in one form or another. I will tell you you can't let yourself expect anything before you head into this journey. I did that same exact thing my first try and it was a complete failure. One thing that might ease your mind a hypnotist for regression will guide you through the process. It won't just be binaural beats. That's the best thing for anyone to understand is it works best for beginners to have a voice wether it be an actual person or from a video to put you in a trance, and guide you in the process.


I will tell you this as well it seems you have also to much focus on anything during the process. It should be more like something you discover then build upon it. For example my first success started with looking at my feet to see what I was wearing. I saw nothing but feet. If I stayed to focused on this it would not leave me and I would become discouraged. I realized this and moved my attention to my arms. Still nothing but for the sake of trying again I looked back at my feet. I had leather skinned moccasins. I was gratified that I saw something other than feet but again don't focus to much on anything, the answers will come to you, it just takes practice and patience. I immediately that to myself ok now I can build upon this. Do just that and things will start comeing more naturally. And the guide will ask the right questions. What else were you wearing, what time period are you in, ext. a good guide will give you just the right amount of time to find each answer, and it's almost immidiatly anyways, but for your own sake try and find a video that does a lot enough time to answer each question before you continue moveing on.


So to sum it up. Don't expect anything before attempting this. Wether it be success or failure just don't expect it. Don't expect to see anyone famous or historical, this will lead to focusing on it and your subconscious mind will make it happen in the process. Wich was the reason I failed my first go round.


Wich bring me to my next one don't focus on anything to long, and lastly use guided videos as practicing these technics.


Honestly I would say absolutly go on the trip the people who have been doing the regressions have probly done quite a few so they know what they are doing to best serve you. Don't be fooled though check your source and find one that is reputable. There is a thread called "recommended sites for research" go in there and read what to look for to find the frauds. They are out there but this site will help you protect yourself against this. Anyways if there is anyone out there who could verify my advice please do so cause as far as I've explained, this is only what I know has worked for me, I'm pretty sure I've givein very sound advice I would just like to know if there are differs in opinion or if there is anything else that worked for someone else.


Let's try and get him in the right direction. :)
 
Hi Tiger,


Welcome to the forum.


Yes, it's possible you're trying a bit too hard. It's really quite easy to uncover past life memories, but some people are surprised that it's so easy and assume they're imagining it or making it up. You don't even really need to go into such a very deep state to recover things either, but everyone is different.


You will probably have more success with guided meditation CDs, specifically designed for past life memory recovery, rather than general relaxation materials, such as drum beats, etc.


If you are used to doing meditation, you may not even need a tape. Have you had a look in here? There are lots of tips and tricks. Why not give it a try?


FAQs


Another important question is why are you so interested in this? Is there something going on in your present life that makes you curious? Does something give you de ja vu? These things can be a way in.
 
Thank you!


Thank you very much, everybody, for your replies! They were extremely useful. I think I'm being over-skeptical, trying too hard. Also it's possible that I'd a traumatic death in my past life. Sometimes I get extremely scary hallucinations of sword, blood etc and I cry out in pain; mostly when I'm tired and at the Alpha/Theta stage of consciousness.


I think I'll give it a try listening to a tape, before I embark on the journey.


Thanks a lot, again. You've been super-helpful! Lots of best wishes. :)
 
I agree with all of the replies here. The biggest distraction when trying to regress is not the traffic going past your window or the birds singing in the trees outside, it's more often your own mind. If you've convinced yourself that it's not going to work, or even that it IS going to work, then it most likely will not work.


I think the key to success is to go into it with no expectation at all. I would forget about remembering past lives for the next couple of weeks or months, and instead concentrate on a few techniques to prepare yourself. Just try some slow breathing and relaxation exercises for a few weeks, try to 'silence' your mind. If something pops up - a past life memory perhaps, then consider that a bonus, but I wouldn't make that your priority just yet. For now, just focus on the exercises and then hopefully in a couple of weeks you'll be better prepared for the real thing, and we'll still be here to help you with that.


Let us know how you get on, and good luck.
 
The_Tiger said:
...Also it's possible that I'd a traumatic death in my past life. Sometimes I get extremely scary hallucinations of sword, blood etc and I cry out in pain; mostly when I'm tired and at the Alpha/Theta stage of consciousness...
Sounds like a past life memory to me. :)


That's what it's like. It doesn't unfold all neatly like a movie. It comes in flashes, often dramatic, often when your mind is in 'neutral' gear. Just as your present life experiences, say from childhood, are recorded in your mind more like a photograph than a movie and usually the most dramatic or profound moments (not the boring bits) - just little moments - Christmas day, your first bicycle ride... first kiss - these will be little flashes of a moment. But you know what the moment meant, why you were there, who you were with, what you were wearing, what the grass smelled like ... you just have to close your eyes and let the details 'come back to you'. If you try too hard, it's more difficult. Meditation on past life memories is just an extended version of this.


When dealing with difficult or traumatic memories what I do is deliberately tell myself I can turn the 'volume' down on them, or watch them from a bit of an emotional distance, or skip the really bad bits if I want. After all, all this happened long ago. Then instead of being too distracted by a particular 'drama' I can think what led up to it? What came after?


You might like to try this technique. I have had a lot of success with it myself. It's a pretty simple one. I'm sure you'll find it easy enough to master.


Active meditation



In your case, you can begin your active meditation, once you've spent a few minutes relaxing, with the tiny fraction you do remember. Slow it down. Watch it again. What is this all about? Why are they fighting? What happened then? You know the answer to these questions. Just trust whatever comes up first. It will be right. Even if it reminds you of a scene from a movie or book at first, that's OK. Don't worry about that. Sometimes certain movies or books have had a profound impact on us because they subconsciously reminded us of a previous life ... so it's all good. Stay with watching what happens next and don't be distracted by any rational 'thoughts' or 'commentary'. Your mind will try to 'help' by getting in on the act, but just put it to one side and 'feel' your way.


This is also a good technique to experiment with:


The Heart Center


Best wishes and good luck with your explorations.
 
The_Tiger said:
I'm convinced that I can't be hypnotized by anyone. How do I deal with this? Should I refrain from travelling so far for PLR session? Can I really never be able to get a glimpse of my past life? But I need it so desperately. Please help. Thank you.
Imagine you have a fairly large ball in your hands...now imagine you intend to throw it through a hoop mounted high on the wall...what sport are you playing? If you imagined "Basketball", that is all hypnosis is...your ability to imagine something specific from some open comments.


Do not make the mistake of thinking hypnosis is going to completely place you in trance...especially initially. I went through several sessions also under the impression I couldn't be hypnotized. It requires altering your perspective, both in what you expect and how you see. Don't focus on where and how you will see, but simply let it happen, and the initial views into past lives sourced through hypnosis will come first as feathery impressions, almost like your imagination...smoothly focus on those threads of impressions and gently, easily, move your focus to them. The view will slowly broaden and the emotion will begin to fill your consciousness. This is when you will find success and obtain insight and understanding...and like anything, the more you exercise it, the more proficient you will become.


Also, there are other modalities with which you can obtain information on past lives. The Akashic records are the record of every event ever experienced by your soul. From them you can find answers to the impressions you are seeking information on...and to me, it is easier than past life meditation (which for me was as effective as hypnotic regressions). Best wishes on your journey.
 
Hello,


I used to think I couldn't be hypnotized either. I've tried before and got images that were certainly not of the past - and largely distorted and difficult to understand.


Recently (very recently- four days ago) I have tried again using a guided meditation from youtube that someone else posted. I have had my first real success. I think it's very much believing that it's easy, and the memories will just be there.
 
Back
Top