• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Improbable dream connections - Shared Dreams

Mere Dreamer

Senior Registered
My friend Mica and I both got wifi phones this year, and have therefore been more connected across the ocean than ever before. We already know we shared multiple past lives, so it isn't surprising.

However, I'm really surprised at what has been developing in regards to our dreams recently. We have started to dream on similar themes, or of the same things.

-----

I dreamed of being chased by a series of "mind-controlled" people away from my friends' escape route, and trying to find my way out of a city over-run by a mob of them because of a powerful man who controlled them all. I was suspended on ropes that I was using to climb over a wall when I was caught.

The same night Mica dreamed of being chased by a starving mob who were serving a powerful man who said he would feed them if they would attack and torture strangers in town. She ended up strung up in a torturous fashion by hooks and ropes.

-------

I dreamed of meeting with Mica and a musician whose face I saw clearly enough to go on an image search to see if I could find someone who looked like him. Very striking, but I had no clue if he was a real person. If I'd seen him before it was just in crowds of other images on google search or something.

She dreamed of meeting a musician who she has been listening to online for the past few months. She showed me his picture, and it was the guy from my dream! (or someone so close in facial shape and expression that I couldn't tell the difference.)

--------

Last night I dreamed of being with a older man who discovers a pool of blood and wants me to swim in it with him. I tell him it's dangerous and leave. But then I "see" like I'm watching a review that he has jumped in, thinking it will give him power, but creatures arise from the blood and consume him. (which is why the pool was bloody in the first place)

She's been reading a comic that has very similar scenes in it. A comic I've never read or even looked into, because I'm not into gruesome stories.

------- edit: to clarify, we don't generally talk about such horrible topics except when we tell each other our dreams. Most of our conversations are philosophical, creative, and fun.

All this in the past week or two. It used to be infrequent enough to feel like a coincidence, but this amazes me. I'd love to share dreams with her since I can't visit IRL right now, so this feels like a step in the right direction.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a process like this, and what you've discovered along the way.

That is absolutely amazing! I find that very incredible, and what I think you're experiencing is an ESP of sorts. I have very strong ESP, especially around people I'm close to. It makes sense because you two are obviously very connected, and really on the soul level of friendship. I would chalk it up to being very in-tune to each other's subconscious :) an amazing connection!

My former friend and I used to be so close, and one time I told her that I had dream of someone's cellphone number appearing in my dream. I only remember the first 4 digits, and she also told me that she had the same dream (not sure though if it was the same time) where she also dreamt about someone's cellphone number with the same first 4 digits. We both forgot the rest of the numbers though. So in a way, I did have the same dream experience with someone I know, but not as exact as yours.

So interesting, new_ager!

I am fascinated by how communication works between our spirits. I'm not entirely convinced that we are directly communicating yet, but it's very probable that we're tuning to the same "wavelength" at times, and receiving the same dream channel so to speak. :)

Cell phone numbers. Too bad you didn't hear the whole thing. It would be fascinating to call a number like that and see who picks up.

Yeah she had a better memory than mine, and she told me she should have wrote the numbers down because she was able to remember the whole set of numbers upon waking up. In my dream, I think that number was being offered to me by someone, I now can't remember what's her story.

I think what we have experienced are "shared dreams", and this site give interesting info about it: http://www.astrology.com/dreams/shared-dreams/2-d-r-154596

Well, this effect continues. This time the dream itself was nearly the same, though I caught only a glimpse while she remembered a full scene.

I messaged her that I had dreamed she was directing a dragon last night as it protected us from danger. We were high in the mountains near a cliff, and it was flying off into a fog to battle something.

She replied that she, too, had dreamed of us interacting with a dragon who was fighting against a mist-like creature that was coming against us. In her dream we were also high in the mountains. (She also remembered a friendly tiger joining us, and several interactions with both creatures that were full of personality. Her description made me wish I could have remembered that part of the dream, too.)

Adding complexity and layers to our shared dreams. A few more experiences.

I've been hoping that Mica would remember a shared life in Japan of her own accord. She tends to dream her lives when she remembers at all, and so rarely that I've been wondering whether she decided not to remember them at some subconscious level.

--- That being explained ---

She recently dreamed a series that has me feeling bemused especially when reflecting on the strength of my hopes and the past life nature of the dreams. It feels almost as though I somehow insinuated myself into her dream plane and dragged her into the memories I was hoping she'd find. Of course, I have no memory of this. If I dreamed it too, I've forgotten.

In the first dream I called her out of a forest of unresponsive trees and invited her to join me in my own forest of friendly trees. If you've read other posts, you'll remember that my access to knowledge during meditation tends to be found inside a tree that is also a library.

Another night she dreamed that she was a young Japanese boy who had the privilege of carrying some dragon-like element during a festival parade. This boy was fascinated with the local Miko, who she dreamed was me.

Something happened and the boy and Miko ran into the forest together, afraid of pursuit, and ended up sitting beneath a safe tree holding hands and keeping each other awake while waiting for morning.

At some point the tree behind us spoke and informed her that she was foolish for not figuring what was going on already. It said the boy was a lie and had never existed, which she resented within the dream because it felt rude.

Then the tree indicated me and said that I, too, was a lie in this dreamed experience because I had never been the Miko ... Mica was the real Miko.

When she asked the tree who I could possibly be if not the Miko, it laughed and told her [MereDreamer] of course! That's why you're so close already.

Now, the reason this resonated with me so deeply is because my memories of her in that life were closely related with glimpses of a Miko dancing and an older version of her taking on the role of an herbalist and adviser to people in power.

She also had an earlier, very brief, dream of looking down upon herself in the far distance, living as a Miko and washing graves or some such thing.

----

I'm not really sure what to think of this. I just want to document the summary here in my collection of odd dream experiences.

It was as if I already knew what was going on as I read her descriptions. I didn't need to ask her what it meant or even work to figure out the symbols. I already knew very clearly, because she dreamed half of it in what felt like my world, then emailed asking me what that rude tree could possibly have meant. a115.gif (I just wish the trees would actually talk to me, too. But then, I talk to my guides all the time and always accept whatever information is offered to me when I ask, so maybe the trees don't need to talk.)

More dream connections:

Mica primarily dreams in mystery, sci-fi, and horror during her travels on the other side of the veil. The language of her internal imagery tends to the macabre and mystical, but I always feature as a comforting companion or rescuer when I'm in the dreams at all. The ones she doesn't dream me into tend to end in various forms of torture and death, and she doesn't usually tell me most of those.

My role in her dreams is a fascinating pattern, and it's rather nice to visualize so clearly how reliable and trustworthy she considers me to be.

Her best friend is someone who fears directly befriending me because new connections feel like a danger rather than reassurance. It's complicated. We keep in touch by telling Mica the things we want to share with each other, and have as close of a relationship as is possible within this odd combination of past life connection and a present life mediator.

Recently he dreamed of Mica and I coming to visit him. Let's just say that the fact he remembered a dream at all was already extremely unusual. My participation was revolutionary.

Of course, given his attitude toward relationships in general there was a nightmarish quality to the dream. Our airplane crashed, sending him into a nightmare of anguish and loss. Later in the dream he discovers that we are ghosts up on a misty mountain and hikes off to find us there in an attempt to carry us home. Only while leaving the mountain we dissipate from his hands just as he wakes up in a panic.

Clearly he doesn't know me as well as Mica does. She'd never dream of losing me so completely. (I do not dissipate, and Mica wouldn't either even though she's not as confident in her survivability as I am.) But whatever.

Given his lack of belief in an afterlife, his current emotional state, and several events in our past lives, it makes sense for him to dream that way.

*Moment of celebration.*

Dreaming of me coming to visit is a sign that the barriers are coming down. :thumbsup: Mica agrees that he is beginning to consider allowing me into his life, even if he fears losing me (or both of us) after we've found each other. That's progress!

Back