• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Intermission Period Experiences/Spiritual Pre-existence (merged)

This is such an interesting topic! I was disapointed when it ended.
My intermission expiriences are odd. I practiced a thing with myself where I went downstairs and after wading through the PLMS and the emotions assosiated with some, I found myself in a white room with beings JUST like how angel4ever described it. But there were people in there, like souls. They were all looked like humans except for the people dressed in white who look neither male or female. and there seemed to be people filling out applications-(?) and standing in lines. This particular bit was very long. I walked around and no one payed attention to me. There were also holes off in one corner. then unfortunately my cat jumped on my bed. This vision happened LONG before I read this post.

[This message has been edited by White_Rose (edited 02-25-2002).]

Interesting thread here. I've met many people, myself included, that sometimes feel so 'tired' from life here on Earth that they look very forward to moving beyond it ~again. I also believe there is an easy social assumption made that these people are depressed when truly they are just 'tired and weary souls.' Human life can be exhausting, but it can also be ~EXHILARATING~ it's just hard to re-member that sometimes. Especially when we're caught up in what I call a *$&% waterfall.

NANSINGS, do you have other resources to offer on those Bible codes? I am curious to hear more about it, so please do share. This makes me think of how any true healer should offer spiritual guidance, NOT fortune telling - because there is no such thing, really. We may be headed somewhere given our present trajectory and guesses can be made based on the direction of those energies, but we always have free will.

I recently had an experience with one of those gypsy people in Sedona who was into palm reading among other things. She tried to tell me absolutes about my life and I just had to laugh. If the lines on my hands foretold my future, what would be the point in living, learning, and realizing one's co-creative power? Sorry didn't mean to get of the subject, Nansings post just made me think of that experience!

When I was an infant I nearly died of pneumonia. I read once that sometimes a baby is born but wants to leave and gets sick. I can't tell you any memories of any of this. I enjoy speculating.

Also, my daughter has told me about flying in the sky. She has a hard time with the concept of separating last life/ between lives / this life. Like sometimes she describes an event that took place in day care when she was 18 months old as being "before" she was born. And she will ask for things that she owned in her last life, and want them back, even go all over the house and the closets looking for items that she never owned HERE. She asks me to take her to Mr. Stacey's store...I found one of Mr. Stcey's decendents, he lived in the 1890's near Toronto. But she told me whistfully about flying in the sky, and how you can just go anywhere, anywhere! We used to "play" flying in the sky, and we would pretend we were flying together. But she has lost interest in that now.

Marg

------------------
Motherhood is living in a state of perpetual exhaustion and bliss. And knowing your work is never ever ever ever done. LOL!

Dear Marg,

Thanks for your story!

How old was your daughter when she said such things?

Has you ever told you something that was specifically related to an intermission period?

Best wishes,

Titus

She has described it as directly going from the death (she didn't know she had died) to my belly. Then if I ask her to describe what it was like before she was born, she describes events from 18-26 months old. When she was 2 1/3 she would talk about flying in the sky. She will be three in a month and a half (Jan, 2) and has lost interest in talking about flying. She acts like I am crazy if I bring it up! But she was sleepy when she talked about it before.

Marg

------------------
Motherhood is living in a state of perpetual exhaustion and bliss. And knowing your work is never ever ever ever done. LOL!

Spiritual Pre-existence

Dr Kirti Swaroop Rawat and myself joined efforts in writing an article about pre-existence for the Journal of Religion and Psychical Research, published July 2005.

The article is entitled The Life Beyond: Through the Eyes of Children who Claim to Remember Previous Lives.

Here's its abstract:

One of the earliest and best-known documented cases of children who claim to recall a past life, that of Shanti Devi (studied by K.S. Rawat), also includes statements about her experiences after death and before her reincarnation. A few more recent cases are discussed, including cases published by Dr. Ian Stevenson and several Dutch cases (studied by Titus Rivas).

The available literature seems to suggest that Near-Death Experiences could in more than one respect be confirmed by memories of an intermission period between two incarnations, and also by prebirth memories in general. The evidence in the field of survival studies appears to be convergent. For this reason, the authors stress the need for further research into possible memories of an afterlife among young children.

Thanks Titus for the link to your article. Stories of an interim life between death and rebirth are interesting to read. I can remember how, as a teenager, I was fascinated by Bridey Murphy's account of her existence after she died. These stories do seem to correllate with the near death stories, and some hypnotic regression stories.

The "evidence" for a spiritual life seems to me to be getting voluminous. It is interesting that mainstream science ignores this material or discounts it as fabrication of a sick or dying mind and relegates people who are proponents of a spiritual existence to the looney bin.

I look forward to more of your work in this field.

- Your Friend, Wicker

Dogmatic response to data on a spiritual pre-existence

Hi Wicker,

The "evidence" for a spiritual life seems to me to be getting voluminous. It is interesting that mainstream science ignores this material or discounts it as fabrication of a sick or dying mind and relegates people who are proponents of a spiritual existence to the looney bin.

Mainstream science, the skeptical 'debunkers' or materialism in general simply cannot reconcile such data with their ideology, that's the main problem. They are inherently closed-minded and dogmatic, i.e. quite irrational and anti-science really.

Best wishes,

Titus

HI Titus,

I was intrigued by the fact that Stevenson's department at the University -(now followed up by Jim B. Tucker) also includes the pre-exsistence of the soul before birth. OBE's NDE's included. It is a very nice extension of the research he already has in place.

Thank you for posting your paper. We appreciate your continued efforts in this field and wish you continued success!

Namaste!

Hello, Deborah, thanks for your kind words :thumbsup: .

Ian Stevenson is mostly known for his extremely important reincarnation research, but he's also widely published about Near-Death Experiences, telepathy, apparitions, etc. All of these fields are closely related.

Best wishes,

Titus

Some people might see life as a world of negativaty and suffering, but without going through toughness the soul cannot grow. Because, if the soul does not recognize the bad it will never be able to see what the good is. For myself, sometimes I wished I had a new chance in life... being reborn, start all over again but off course with the persons that I love in this life so much... I know that is not possible and I know I have a lot of fortunate things while I have a good future ahead of me, but still I am very upset with certain things in life that I so desperately want to change but cannot do so...
: angel

Link not in English

I wanted to read the link given on the first page but it was not in English. Does anyone know how I can translate the site? Thank you, Kitn

Can you tell me why you put the Goddess Saraswati Image...

Titus Rivas said:
Dear Marg,
Thanks for your story!
How old was your daughter when she said such things?
Has you ever told you something that was specifically related to an intermission period?
Best wishes,
Titus

Hello Titus Rivas
I am from India. I wish to know one thing form you that why you put the goddess Saraswati image along with your name.
Thanks In advance

Hello Suresh,

I just find it a beautiful symbol for the search for wisdom and like the link that in most Indian philosophies there is a recognition of rebirth.
I certainly don't wish to claim that I'm especially blessed by her :)

Titus

Visions

I have had two "dreams" that were not dreams!!.
I think that they may be memories of the astral plane. In one, I suddenly turned up in such a beautiful, gorgeous place, a stream of crystal clear water, almost turquoise, like I haven't seen on earth. I followed the stream and came to the most gorgeous garden, with flowers in colours that I can't even describe. I want to transmit how it was but words fail me!!.
Beings in white appeared to be there, and I thought I saw my deceased father, but I couldn't reach him.
When I woke up I stayed with this "dream" for days on end, felt tremendous nostalgia of the place, and still feel a deep longing for seeing it again.
In the second "dream", I was in a white room, full of light, and beings dressed in white, whom I felt were ancient and had tremendous wisdom, were there.
I knelt on the floor in awe, but they made me stand up and sit. Then they started telling me about the Universe, and I can remember thinking: "Oh, so that's how it is!!. I can know see the purpose of life".
After a while I was told (maybe telepathically, I don't know), that I had to go. However, they said to me that I would only be able to remember some "essentials", but forget the rest.
As with the other experience, I stayed with it for days on end, and even now, just telling it, feel longing for that place.
I don't know what this experience is, but I know, very deep down, that those were MUCH MORE than dreams

Dear Monica,

Thanks for sharing the dreams with us! Do you recall the period in which you had them?

I think that such dreams are more common than we might think.
When I was about 18, I dreamt that I was in another realm and approached a temple. There were two beings, dressed in priestly robes, who welcomed me as an old friend and reminded me of my goals in this life.

Best wishes,

Titus

Hi Titus

Titus Rivas said:
Dear Monica,

Thanks for sharing the dreams with us! Do you recall the period in which you had them?

I think that such dreams are more common than we might think.
When I was about 18, I dreamt that I was in another realm and approached a temple. There were two beings, dressed in priestly robes, who welcomed me as an old friend and reminded me of my goals in this life.

Best wishes,

Titus
The first dream took place when my children were little and I was living in Spain. I had undergone a lot of stress and I was trying to "find myself". At the time I thought that the "dream" was a metaphore of transformation, or maybe loss, since I missed my country terribly, and felt pretty "lost" at the time.
Today, I feel differently. I think that I was able to access memories from the interlife, or maybe I had the beginning of my psychic impressions.
The second dream was in Australia, maybe 7 years ago, and I was going through divorce. This second time, however, I immediately thought of the experience as something deeply spiritual, and a sign of soul development.
I would like your insight into this.

Hello Monica,

You may well have had these dreams to remind you of a wider perspective so that you would be better able to confront your problems.

Best wishes,

Titus

I had a dream (few years ago) where I was visiting the "next level." I can't explain that, or how I knew, except that most were not allowed to go here but I had somehow managed to "finish"(?) the level before and were now allowed to join the few at this "next level." (Ok, no video game jokes! :) ) As I entered, I saw that it was some kind of church and I recognized some folks that were there, like old friends. We chatted about this and that; it felt like a home. I don't know if this dream means anything, but your dream about going to the temple, Titus, reminded me of this dream.

Hi Yong,

Yes, the sense of familiarity is not uncommon in the context of prebirth memories and Near-Death Experiences.

Titus

Comments on an old topic; soul evolution / in between state

NANSINGS said:
Dimo:
The Bible says that the problems we experience in this life aren't even worthy to be compared to the honor/status/power/

position that will be revealed in us in the hereafter. ALso, that, as "chips off the [Creator's] old block," we are "destined for the throne" - - to rule other worlds in the life to come, hence the need to undergo training here. In other words, you are royalty! The problem with most of us is that we just don't realize it yet, and many won't even know it until they cross over to the other side.
http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/how-long-is-the-time-between-lives.2605/#post-46527

A link elsewhere on the board led me to this page talking of the between life state, and Dimo's comments above brought to mind something I read years ago in Joseph Campbell's book Myths to Live By. It was in Chapter 10, "Schizophrenia, the Inward Journey". I hope I don't get in trouble typing some lines from the book here. Campbell references an account from another book about a man who experienced a schizophrenic episode earlier in his life and reported some amazing spiritual experiences. He described three different levels, or planes. The passage that stayed with me however, was this:

"He had feelings of invisible gods above, about, and all around, who were in charge and running things; and in the highest place, the highest job, was the highest god of all. Moreover, what made it all so terrible was the knowledge that ultimately everybody would have to assume that job at the top." "The journey is there and every single one of us has got to go through it, and you can't dodge it, and the purpose of everything and the whole of existence is to equip you to take another step, and another step, and another step, and so on..."

I remember when I first read this passage, and the feeling of rightness I felt, that yes, this was the reality - it's kind of what I have always felt, that each of us is destined for god-hood at some far-distant time, and all are on paths that lead upward to that responsibility. If not that, then to what purpose this long, long series of lives and lessons? If we are learning, what are we learning FOR? If we progress as we experience different lives, improve the state of our souls, and there is a plan for this, with spirit guides that help us choose new incarnations, new lives and situations to teach us what we need to know, to what are we aspiring? To simply make us more civilized and fit company for "God" to hang out with? I think like any educational process, there must be an ultimate goal - why go to Harvard if you don't want that MBA degree?

And no, I have never been diagnosed as schizophrenic myself! ;) Just wanted to share the coincidental nature of the two passages.

Hi all !

Very interesting discussion!

I have to say that the idea of life(ves) as a stepping stone towards a greater plane, or enlightment has always made me feel sort of sad. I certainly feel that evolution is intrinsecal for the human soul - all our experiences form and shape our soul somehow, and we grow.

But life... to me, it is LIFE! It is a purpose in itself! As happiness, and Love, and good are.

Equestrienne said:
I think like any educational process, there must be an ultimate goal - why go to Harvard if you don't want that MBA degree?
Like Stardis suggests, why not go to Harvard simply because we want to experience it? Because we want to be there - not for what it will bring you? Of course, having a Harvard degree is wonderful qualification - but just BEING there, isn't it wonderful too?

I think that life - is NOT elsewhere. It's here, and it's complex and strange and multilayered - so surprising!

Just my two cents... :)

I wonder if it's a little bit of both. Perhaps some souls just want to experience it. Perhaps some are only here to help others learn. Perhaps some are here solely to learn. Maybe it's an individual choice.

I personally enjoy having a purpose. While I enjoy college, work or cleaning house, I enjoy it more knowing that it has a purpose and at the end I will have achieved something (degree, promotion, sanitary house etc.). I would hope that my own experiences in this world are serving a purpose.

after godhood

I agree that life can be its own purpose (requiring none other) while also being a means to something else. The reason I'm neutral to reincarnation isn't so much that I doubt it, but rather that it doesn't matter that much to me (while still a curiosity). Perhaps if I'm on my deathbed, it might matter more, slightly more. :laugh: If there's nothing after death, that's really fine with me. Maybe some of that is because I'm somewhat exhausted with life (I think I've lived long enough), but it's also because I see plenty of things in life that could give one purpose, a genuine "yes" to the question "is life meaningful?" regardless of whether there's afterlife, God, or whatever. There are joys of childhood, joys of simply, innocently, playing, being silly, etc. that require no further purpose than itself. There are joys of creativity, joys of creating an original work of art, music, novel, etc. that you'd passionately engage in for no other reason than itself. There are joys in intellectual challenges, figuring out a difficult puzzle, discovering something new, gaining a new understanding. There are physical, emotional pleasures in sex, in romance, in a variety of human relationships. The reason many people don't appear spiritual isn't because they aren't, but rather because they are too busy with such things that they don't need (or care) alternative or further purpose or justification for living.

Of course, this doesn't mean there couldn't be, as I said, further purpose to life, and the idea of being trained for godhood is interesting. But I wonder though: if we are all to assume the position of the highest god eventually, then it also follows that we will all retire from that position at some point. What's after that? Maybe come to earth just to enjoy childhood again, having finished all the training? :)

Back