• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Is that something kids know? Anybody can help?

SPRING

Senior Registered
The other night I lay my daughter on the bed and asked her to open her mouth so I can brush her teeth. She is going to be 3 in 4 months and I use battery operated tooth brush for her teeth. After couple of minutes she wanted to hold the brush by herself. I just lay down on my back next to her and let her play with it. After a while she put it down on the bed (she doesn’t know how to turn it off) and than she was looking at me from on top of me thinking for a minute while she was listening to the tooth brush vibrating sound. Than she grabbed a little dental floss box that was laying on the bed, lean down to me and opened my eye wide with her fingers like a professional and pointed the box into my eye and than she was holding it for few seconds looking into my eye. I was laying there surprised and than I was thinking to myself ‘ no, she is not going to check my ear too’. surprisingly the next thing she turned my head to the side and lean close to my ear pointing the box into it looking at it. I thought it was pretty strange. Than she checked my mouth telling me to say ‘ha..’ while she was checking it, that one she may learned from me brushing her teeth, even though I never tell her to say ‘ha..’ . She kept touching me in different places on my face include my forehead and neck. When I turned the tooth brush of she was upset and wanted me to turn it back on. I turned it on, she examine me a little more and than rubbed my hair saying something like ’it’s all better..’ like I was a little child.
I thought it was pretty strange that she knew what to do, but I am maybe wrong. She seemed like she felt confident doing it and had this nurturing expression on her face.
Is that normal for a small child under the age of 3 to know how to do doctor check up? No, she never went to a dentist and her last doctor appointment was almost a year ago (she was crying so bad, she won’t even remember what the doctor did).
It seemed like the vibrating sound like a machine and me lying underneath her triggered some kind of memory, is that a past life memory or just something kids learn from t.v? was she a possibly a doctor in a past life?
anybody can help?
 
Hi SPRING!

Kids are great, aren't they? :D It does seem like a possibility that your daughter could have been a doctor, or perhaps even a nurse in a past life.

Have you thought of buying her one of those toy doctor's sets with the stethescope etc. and engaging her in play with it? Let her take the lead and see what she does with it. It could be quite telling. ;)

I was wondering if you've read Carol's book yet? "Children's Past Lives" is a great read and will help you a lot with your daughter. I'd highly recommend it, if you have the chance.

Please keep us posted!

Ailish:)
 
I think kids are constanly absorbing things from all that they see and hear. I also think they are seeing and hearing things when we don't think they are. My guess would be that it could be past life related since she is so young but possibly more likely that she either saw this on tv or really remembers the appointment you thought she was too upset to remember. My son is 6 now and still remembers things that happened when he was 2.
Vicky
 
Hi Spring.

Children have incredible imaginations and at her age are taking full advantage of using them. Some questions you may need to ask yourself before jumping in to the the thought of a PL. Does she go to daycare? Does she watch children's shows? Does she play with other kids?

My 2 year old plays doctor all the time. He's always trying to give me a shot with the medicine droppers. She more than likely was mimicing things she has seen. Sesame Street and common children's shows often have series that show common doctor check ups and what not. Playing doctor is very common for a growing child.

:D
 
Remember too, if the doctor's appointment was an upsetting or traumatic experience, acting it out on Mom/Dad in a 'safe' environment might be a way of disarming the bad memories. Now she's the one in control, and by making something that scared her into a 'game' she can gain power over it.
 
Yes, indeed children remember things that sometimes can surprise you.
My daughter does not go to day care (besides for one hour few times a week) and she is always in my sight other than that. She may watched a doctor check up on t.v, I know there are many moms here and I just wanted to know if it was a common thing. I am very doubtful that she remembered it all from the last time we met the doctor, the doctor never checked her eyes and he had to sneak behind her to check her ears, all children cry when meeting with the doctor.

If she learned it from anybody it have to be from adult because of the way she opened my eyes. She always tries to open my eyes when I play ‘sleep’ next to her and she kind of hurt me when she tries to do it but that evening she did it just perfect with her fingers, she was opening my eye wide to check it.
It had something to do with the vibrating sound, it seemed very important for the act.
I will get her a doctor kit since she would probably enjoy playing with it and Carol’s book sound fascinating to read anyway.

We are going to see the doctor next week for check up so this time she will probably remember what he is doing so there would be no surprises for me.

She is a very special child and she have a lot of wisdom hiding inside her waiting for the right age to come out. Many times I felt like she can read my thoughts and tell me what should I do, sounds impossible I know but somehow we communicate like that.
She is very happy and full of life and that is all that matter.
I just feel that I have to pay attention to things that she says and do because my mom never paid attention to strange things that I would do when I was little. I do remember things that my sister used to say to me that were out of her age to understand. When she grew up she lived those 2 lives that led her to destroy herself and I know that it started in a very young age but my mom never bothered to pay real attention to it, to the way she was acting and talking, to the adult that was living inside of her since her babyhood.
 
SPRING said:
She is a very special child and she have a lot of wisdom hiding inside her waiting for the right age to come out. Many times I felt like she can read my thoughts and tell me what should I do, sounds impossible I know but somehow we communicate like that..

That doesn't sound impossible at all and i'm sure many in here would agree. If you feel that you two communicate that way, I'm certain that you do. Children are so incredible and can do so many things. I think people overlook them if they are not aware of the possibilities.

SPRING said:
She is very happy and full of life and that is all that matter.
I just feel that I have to pay attention to things that she says and do because my mom never paid attention to strange things that I would do when I was little. I do remember things that my sister used to say to me that were out of her age to understand. When she grew up she lived those 2 lives that led her to destroy herself and I know that it started in a very young age but my mom never bothered to pay real attention to it, to the way she was acting and talking, to the adult that was living inside of her since her babyhood.

I agree. I wish I had paid more attention to my now 6 year old. I remember questioning so many things but did not have the knowledge to know what he could have been presenting to me.

Do you mind elaborating on your experience with your sister?
 
My sister is a year older than me so my ability to remember things that she said or did is a little harder. My mom never really had conversations with us and she was never around anyway so she just didn’t teach us to express ourselves and to share emotions with her so we grew up holding emotions and thoughts inside for ourselves. My sister was the most traumatized one from something my mom couldn’t understand because it started from her babyhood, her night walking and the posses things she would do in the middle of the night.

I been thinking about it lately and connected it all to a recurring past life dream that I used to have through my childhood, that may link to things that happened to my sister and to her destructive behavior in this life.

I will post about the things she did as a child and her destructive behavior later on as it will all make sense together. It is just a little hard to talk about. I don't want to run to any conclusions before I can understand it better.
 
Well i can't wait to hear more of your stories. I hope that doesn't sound non-compassionate but your stories are so interesting and I find a lot of what you say to be quite revealing. I hope you continue to piece all of the pieces to your large puzzle together.

Take care!
 
everything seem to be connected to everything.

Well thank you, I am happy you find them interesting, I always feel so bad writing such a long posts ..lol. I have no problem revealing things it is all after all one big lesson, life. We are here to learn from each other to better understand ourselves.

I just think it is amazing how much our past lives are a huge part of our current life, not just from a lesson point of view also by the way we observe things and places and our dreams at night.
Sometimes in dreams we are in unfamiliar places that create a certain kind of emotions (just an ordinary dream) and I believe they represent places from other lives as for a certain structure or look and the emotions it creates. If ‘fear’ represents in a certain way in a dream it represent a fear from a past life, in my case tsunamis flooding the city and man running after me in the streets at night. Even though the dream represents just being worry from an awake situation, the dream will be represent that way because the fear is so deep in our subconscious. I hope it all make sense.

As well the people we know and the stories behind our connections, the way we feel when they are around is never a mistake, we just don’t remember our lives together in past lives or our connection in heaven.

I really hope I will be able to put the puzzle together soon, everything seem to be connected to everything.
 
I have been having the hardest time remembering my dreams. I think it is because I sleep so hard and then am wakened abruptly by an alarm clock or my kids waking me up therefore I don't have time to slowly come out of the state. I don't know. I wish I could remember my dreams.

When I was going through a hard time with what my ex husband had did; I would lucid dream. Maybe because I wasn't sleeping as deep and I also feel it was because I had extreme control over my emotions. Everyday I had to direct myself to smile when I did not want to, ect.
 
Back
Top