• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

It sounds so crazy!

Moonwick

Forgive me if I ask a question thats been asked often...But, is it possible, or rather likely, that my child was once my grandmother?

The day she was born I remember looking into her eyes and thinking I knew her before..She didn't come into the world screaming, she simply looked at me with the squinted eyes of a newborn as if checking me out..Like she wanted to see where she had "landed"..I assume she was content with the results because she never once cried, she simply fell asleep in my arms... The next 9 years have been very different from that day.

Over the years she has become more and more like my grandma.. As a small child (12-18 months) she would "grunt" when pulled away from a task or told no..My grandmother was a "grunter" (my daughter still is)...She had (still has) a horrible temper when denied the chance of having things her way (like grandma)..One day when she was about 2, and I had had a horrid day of dealing with her temper, I said (under my breath mind you) "Can it little Hazel" (Hazel was my grandmothers name) and she turned to look at me with fire in her eyes as if saying "I am Hazel and I won't!" I won't lie, the look she gave me sent chills down my spine..I was seeing my grandmother and her temper in that stare.

As the years have passed shes become just like my grandmother..Allergies, food likes and dislikes, poor vision and glasses..She looks like her, talks like her, acts like her and knows her yet had never met her.. Grandma had been "gone" for over 4 years before she was born.

My father, who will tell you that reincarnation is a bunch of crap, has said on more then one occassion "It's like living with your grandmother all over again" ..He sees his own mother in my child...I have had unrelated family members (as in, on my moms side) say "Hows Hazel doing?"...Anyone who knew my grandmother sees her in my child...

This grunting, cheeto eating, puff's tissue using, half blind, bad tempered, wonderful little girl..Sheesh, I was just thinking, she even pushes her glasses up just like grandma did, with her middle finger!

What are the chances?

Moonwick

Personally, I think it happens more than people realize. Carol Bowman's 2nd book, Return From Heaven, discusses this phenomena; you may wish to read this book. It's very interesting.

However, it can be really hard to know if it's truly a reincarnation, or if family members are seeing what they want to see. Did your daughter ever say anything when she was young that would have been very unusual for a child that age to say - but something that would have been common for your grandmother to say? Did she have any marked preferences or knowledge about things that would have been common in your grandmother's day but old-fashioned today?

You may wish to read the other posts in this section; others have had similar stories about this sort of thing.

Aimee

She actually has said and done some things that have left me questioning... When she was about 4 we were eating shortbread cookies and she looked up from the table and said "remember when the dog ate my shortbread and I got in trouble"...I said "No, when did that happen"...She went on to say that I'd baked her shortbread and used all the sugar and she was mad because the dog ate it before she got home from school so she hurt the dog and got in trouble... Well 1..I've never made shortbread and 2..she had never been to school...I told her I didn't remember and she looked mad..

Months later (maybe even a year later) my aunt was talking about my grandmother living through the depression and rations..She went on to say that great grams made a shortbread using all the sugar and put it on cooling racks under a bed..The dog ate it and when grandma returned from school she was angry..later in the day they heard the dog barking and yelping..Grandma had put a board over his dog house door and set the straw bedding on fire (The dog was rescued and fine but grandma got quite the whipping)... I asked if she had ever told that story around my daughter...She said she hadn't even remembered it until they found a ration coupon?? in a bunch of great grands things.

My grandmother was also stabbed by her first husband and carried a scar across her back...My daughter has a birthmark very simular to that scar and in almost the same place..

Once when she was about 3, after a good snow, she offered to make me snowcream with berries like "we" use to...Yeah, grandma use to but my daughter had never heard of this or had it..

I would say that you very likely have your grandmother on your hands.

I would definately reiterate Aimee's suggestion on reading Carol's book. If you can't find it locally you can order it through
Amazon

Your case is about as compelling as any that I have read to date, and I have read many. I would suggest that you take notes .. and talk to your daughter, asking open ended questions. I would love to hear more. Please continue posting. :)

HI again Moonwick and thanks for the shortbread story and the other tidbits - those were the kinds of things I was looking for when I asked if she had ever said anything unusual that would have seemed to pertain to your grandma.

The more specific such stories are, the better able one can address the possibility of a particular person coming back. Please do share more stories as they come to light!

Aimee

Thanks for sharing, Moonwick ! I agree with the others that this is a very convincing story !

Eevee

Hello all..Thank you for your responces :)

It's a bit strange tho think my child was here once before and as a family member! Oddly enough, I loved my grandmother but we were never very close..I am however VERY close with my child..We are joined at the hip so to speak..

I'll have to do some of the suggested reading..I have lots of questions.. Like, do people choose who they return as? Or their new parents? That in it's self opens up a slew of new questions.. I keep thinking if they choose then maybe my grandmothers "spirit" returned to form a closer bond with me as my child...But, what about all the children who live in fear and pain, all caused by their parents? Surely they wouldn't have chosen that?

Looks like I have some research and reading to do :)

Whats funny about my child is thats there soooooo much more to her (and in her) then grandmas "essence"...I have always believed I lived before and have some ideas as to when and where, and over time my child keeps me believing through her own past lives..

I hope someday she will question who she is in this life and what made her this way..I think she would love the journey should she take it..

When she was very little she loved books, shows, or anything to do with elephants..She always called them tut-tu..I passed it off as a toddler who couldn't say elephant, but as she grew older (and could say elephant) she continued to call them tut-tu...She now has a collection of about 100 or so elephants..Shes in love with them! Two summers ago she landed a chance to ride one..It was unreal how skilled she seemed to be..She climbed up on her like she had done it a million times, rested her legs behind her giant ears and rubbed her neck while whispering to her..She glowed for weeks afterward....I think this kiddo has been around the block a few times :) (and I'm possitive we have shared lifetimes more then once)

moonwick

Keep on exploring Moonwick and good luck :)
I have really enjoyed reading about your daughter and hope you keep us posted.
Hammy.

What a wonderful story! It certainly seems likely that your daughter was once your grandmother and from the shortbread incident, it sounds as though you may have been her (your grandmother's) mother. Definately a lot of food for thought.:)

Now this sounds like a very interesting story. This story should be convincing to anyone who is the least bit openminded to the idea of reincarnation. It does sound like Moonwick could have also been her own great-grandmother (her grandmother's mother). I really am fascinated by the reincarnation stories that take place in the same family.

Moonwick,
You have a wonderful case of reincarnation in the same family. I say this because of all of the factors: not only the similar behaviors, but the statements and the birthmark.

When you read RETURN FROM HEAVEN, you'll see that birthmarks corresponding to injuries or disease of the deceased occur in these same-family cases of reincarnation. You will also see that the personality, while it is not an exact copy of the previous one, has many similarities, as with your grandmother's/daughter's short temper. Perhaps by knowing that your grandmother is back, you can help her/your daughter overcome her impatience or love away her anger. Maybe that's why she returned to you. (I have a couple of cases similar to this in my book.)

In RETURN FROM HEAVEN, I also took a stab at responding to the question of whether there is choice in reincarnation. You will see that reincarnation couldn't be a totally random process if we can return to the same family. So I believe that there is choice in some cases.

We would love to hear more about the similarities between your daughter and your grandmother. Because, as you can see, the truth is in the details.

I was wondering if you can describe in more detail the stab wound on your grandmother and the birthmark on your daughter. Is the birthmark in the same place as the stab wound on your grandmother's back? Does it have a particular shape or discoloration? I'm wondering how similar they are.

I also love the story about the shortbread. With remarks like those, it makes your case very convincing.

Thanks for sharing, and I hope you keep visiting the Forum.
Carol

Back