• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Jim Tucker's new book

Should be a good read. Most of these cases have been on television on the "Bio", "A&E", and "Discovery" cable channels.
 
The cases where the past life is more interesting to the readers are naturally the ones the newspaper highligts, thus comments from the uninitiated like "why were noone a common street sweeper" are natural. Besides from that I actually enjoyed reading the comments from the readers - when I expanded to view all, I counted about 14 commenters describing authentic looking cases just among the first 100 comments.


Reincarnation happens. And it's probably a better chance of being reminded of a famous / talented past life - by television programs like the little golfer or by just showing an early talent and getting involved in that specific interest before age 5 or so when daytime flashbacks to previous lives usually stops.


The green and red arrow system also shows the positive attitude among the readers towards this kind of experiences, while the close minded skeptic responses has been deservingly downvoted :)
 
I read his new book and enjoyed it. He gives some interesting scientific evidence as well as talks about some of the cases he had.
 
Yesterday, Sunday, I was listening to the NPR morning program while still in bed. I was very surprised to hear them do a 5 minute interview with Dr. Tucker about his new book. I think this is the first time I have ever heard anything paranormal discussed on NPR or PBS where it wasn't put down. I know he was plugging his new book, but maybe there are a lot of listeners who have read about Leninger.
 
It is unusual to hear NPR discussing anything paranormal. However, they have been covering near-death experiences with various authors on and off over the years.


I was featured in an A&E documentary that aired on PBS nationally several times. It was a very well-done documentary that featured the Edward Austrian case, which I talk about briefly in my second book. And I talked about my son's case. I was surprised that it was aired on PBS after being on A&E.


I know that it aired again about six years ago, because my high school boyfriend, whom I haven't seen since I was about 19, emailed me after seeing me on it. I'm sure I haven't changed a bit since 1969!


I wonder if Jim Tucker talked about the Leininger case. Did he?
 
I think the way Dr. Tucker goes about his research is very scientific but he is able to bridge the gaps between the scientific community and the paranormal community. This is probably why "credible" programs have him on for interviews.
 
"Return to Life: Extraordinary Cases of Children Who Remember Past Lives"


The name of Jim Tucker's new book is:


"Return to Life: Extraordinary Cases of Children Who Remember Past Lives."


(Just thought I'd post that in case someone wanted to know in a hurry. )
 
Back
Top