• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Kaylie Loves Do-Wop!!

thephilosopher

Senior Registered
Our little great grand-daughter Kaylie is only 3 years old, but she LOVES (since the age of two) do-wop music! This musical form was popular from the mid-fifties to around 1964, prior to the advent of the Beatles.

I have some VCR tapes that were made in the late 1990's and many of them feature the original artists. Each time she comes to visit, she wants to hear and see her "doodle-wop" (ha ha) music.

One time I asked her why she liked this music and when she heard it last. She answered, "in high school"!!

That is the only time she has ever given me this answer. Usually she remains silent.

No one in her immediate family likes do-wop, with the exception of my wife and myself.

I suspect that she enjoyed this music in a previous life. Perhaps it was a life that was cut short when she was a teenager.

If you wish to e-mail me I will send you a wonderful picture of our little one enjoying her "doodle-wop" music.

Peace to all,

Richard G.

Richard,

Very interesting comment about being a teenager. Have you ever asked her anything else about when she was a teenager? Like maybe what her name was or something like that?

As is always advised on this site, write it all down.

Vicky

Yes, an interesting story. And a good example of how "little things" like this could be, and often are, clues to past life. But they are often lost or shrugged off as childish play. If our society was more familiar, and accepted reincarnation, such examples would be common place...don't ya think?

Thanks for posting Richard!!

Tinkerman

Back