• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Lifetimes in Scandinavia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siridescence

New Member
When I was in college, I had my first reincarnational dream. The dream had two parts: in the first part, I was happily riding on a horse, laughing, my blond hair flying behind me, my favorite sister of that life riding on the horse in front of me. Then the dream changed, and I and my three sisters were all living in poverty. I understood that the plague had killed both of our parents, and my eldest sister had taken on the responsibility of trying to keep us alive. When we’d been forced from our estate (we had been wealthy when our parents were alive), we smuggled out as much of the silver and other valuables as possible, and were selling the pieces, one by one, to eat. We lived in a rough wooden shack. The eldest sister was furious that the third sister (my favorite; I was the youngest) had given the last silver platter to a new friend of hers to support his “church” (which I’ll explain more of in a bit).

The most striking thing about that dream was that the personalities of all three of my sisters were so crystal clear. The oldest sister carried the burden of her responsibility and was gray and aged before her time. The second sister was beautiful but placid. (It was clear that she would be married off for money if the eldest could manage it.) The third sister was a rebel, and of the four, only she and I could read; we loved books.

Then there was me. I was unable to speak, but it was clear that this wasn’t a physical affliction, but the result of the trauma I’d been through with the loss of my parents. My closest sister seemed to understand me, though.

Which was probably why I was so mad at her when she went off and made this new friend. He was thin and weedy, an intellectual. My sister wasn’t interested in him romantically (I’m pretty sure he was sexually ambivalent), but spiritually. He was into a church that had mystical teachings and ideas. She tried to share these ideas with me by giving me a book about some of his ideas (which I had mixed feelings about taking, since I was jealous that she had another friend, but loved to read). This sister had to slip the book to me in secret because the eldest had thrown her out when she gave away the last silver platter.

Then the friend died (from the plague, I understood), my sisters made up, and we all went to the friend's “funeral.” We were surprised (and the eldest scandalized) that the funeral was more like a wake. It was some combination of Christianity and paganism. My sisters and I were all dressed in black, with hoods over our blond hair, but the regular congregation were dancing in the aisles. I was caught up in the celebratory nature of the service, and pushed my hood down, exposing my blonde hair. The eldest gasped and threw my hood back over my hair.

The last thing I remember from that dream was less reincarnational, but spooky in retrospect. As the dream started to fade, I picked up a book in the church and showed it to sister #2, telling her, “Look, this name is like mine!” (I don’t know why I could talk; perhaps because the dream had turned more symbolic by then.) I was referring to the name on the front of the book, which in typical dream-fashion was hard to read because the words were swimming together, but looked like “Sigrind.”

Because I was in college and had lots of time on my hands in the morning in those days, I was able to write down the dream right when I woke up and capture all its vivid detail. It was pretty clear to me that with the blonde hair and the Nordic name, the whole thing was set in one of the Scandinavian countries.

-- Sigrid
 
My Danish PL memory


Here is one possible PL memories from when I was about 4I don't know how old I am in the dream, but I feel like I'm not young, not old, maybe in early 20's, and male (I am female now). I am looking at a stone house, it is very simple, just big and small stones and mud/mortar.


What struck me, was that the window was just, really more of an open space where there were no stones, and closer to the ground than the windows on present day houses. The ground on which it sets seems very flat too, there is a feeling of flatness all around. Then I am looking at little blue and red flowers growing in simple line all around the house, not really a fancy garden, just a line of flowers. I had a feeling of love and familiarity, pride for this house. Facing the house was greyish/turquois sea, a beach, but not like a big wavy ocean and 'Hawaii' type beach, more of a very low, flat, still sea, and flat beach line (hard to explain here). It is hazy, overcast, and in the midst I see something that I didn't really understand as a child but now know was a paddle wheel boat.


I remember describing this whole thing to my mother, and she told me it was a paddle wheel boat, and she wondered how I could have seen this, as she knew I knew nothing of these things- or of seas. When I was 15, she took my sister and I on a 'pilgrimage' of sorts, back to her birthplace in Svendborg, Denmark, and also to Odense. We got a little tour around the place by my grandmother's neices (my second cousins I guess) and then I saw it....the house, which had belonged to my great great (great?) grandparents, but now to someone else and was one of those 'heritage houses' the Danes try to preserve. I also saw the coastline from my dream!


This post and discussion is continued in the thread My Danish PL memory
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A Swedish Girl


Keeping a journal – is so essential when one is doing pl work. I've been writing thoughts, emotions, dreams and pl memories since I could hold a pen - and have a huge stash of journals and diaries. I cannot believe – how much I’ve written, that I had forgotten about – filed away in the realms of “things of little importance.” It's fascinating how one's perspective can change - and the things that seemed unimporant then - hold a much greater significance for me now.


Between 1992 ~1993 I did some pl work with my friend’s mother. I had actually forgotten the details of much of the work I had done with her at the time. Much more exciting things were going on IRL (Hey - I was 12/13!) and my old journals were tossed in a box – and pretty much ignored. Recently I came across an interesting lifetime – with words I had spoken in another language (not uncommon for me : angel ). The idea came to me – to share with my friend, Karoliina, since she’s so great with languages, she may have an idea of what those words meant or where they originated.


Originally, I believed that my family lived in Switzerland in the 1600’s – however, after sharing parts of the meditations with Karoliina, she was able to confirm a translation for words I had written down – and it was actually Swedish that I was speaking. The words fit the memory – in perfect context. Karoliina also helped me by double checking with another person – that the same words would not be used in Norway or Denmark – and no, they wouldn’t have.


Another validation Karoliina was able to provide – were the names that were used. My name was Sigrid, but my family called me Siri. I had an older sister named Susanna(h), whom the family called Sanna. Grels and Hannus were also quite important names I had remembered and recorded. I was surprised to find out Siri and Sanna – are actual Scandinavian names AND they are the shortened forms of Sigrid and Susanna(h).


We also narrowed the location – and city name down. My memories correspond accurately with the time period and location.


In that life my sister Sanna, was taken from our home and hanged for witchcraft in the town square. It actually was nothing she had done – the accusations were made against her by a man whose affections she did not return. Because of that, he held a grudge against our family and fought to “get back at her” by hurting me. She was – my protector. In the end, her protective and loving nature was what caused her death. Even as they took her from the house - she remained steadfast in her innocence and calmly went with them. I'll never forget the way our Mamma screamed and clawed at the men as they took Sanna - but I'll also never forget the way she took care of me, even as her own life was in jeopardy.


It is amazing to me – that things I wrote 14 years ago can now be pulled out of old journals and validated. This has happened on several occasions – and it’s always such an exciting feeling.


Has anyone else been able to validate things from old journals? Anything you’d like to share?


Do you find keeping a journal has been beneficial in your past life research?


Aili


This post and discussion is continued in the thread Validations through old journals
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top