Lifetimes you don't hear about often

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Deborah, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Merholla

Merholla New Member

I see that this is an old thread, but I thought I'd share anyway.

I have two PL memories both of which involve my fingertips...a strange thing to mention but in this lifetime I have a habit of rubbing my fingertips along the seams of my clothes when I'm anxious or tired. This is such a habit that I actually have callouses from doing this! Any pressure on my fingertips is very soothing to me.

The earlier (I'm guessing) is a life of a young man who was a monastic scribe. I think I was near the French/Italian border. I found my work also became my own worship???

The other is just a glimpse of an elderly woman who spun wool thread for a very large household or small village. I can feel the twist of the yarn passing over cracked, red fingers.

2. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum, Merholla. :)

Can I ask you how you remembered these past life experiences? Was it spontaneously, in a dream, or in a regression/meditation?

Katrien, I agree with Sunniva that even though you found this interesting information about your ancestry, it doesn't mean you couldn't have PL's in the region. I personally think it's very likely you have spent past lifetimes there, too.

Karoliina

3. LadyLania

LadyLania New Member

My daughter's dream

Well since it isn't supposed to be about what we remember of past lives I'll tell you about my daughters dream.

I believe that my 15 year old daugther was once a young girl in perhaps Europe, possibly England back when there were no cars and the streets were cobblestone. In this dream she has two brothers and a mother and father. She dreams that she is killed by some unknown thing and she thinks it has something to do with the eyes and needles. (my daugther has a phobia of strange eyes and always has since she was little). Anyway this girl's name was Martha. and she knows Martha died in her home while she was laying in bed going to sleep.

EDIT: Just wondering what is the name of the CD some of you are talkingt about?

What is interesting is that my daughter has always had a terrible time falling asleep. She says she feels like it is a bad idea to fall asleep.

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I am still hoping to hear about not your past lives - but the past lives of others - in your family or circle of friends, and specifically past lives that we do not hear much about. This is an older thread, but an interesting one.

Angie Brown likes this.
  5. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

My father remembered stomping straw into mud in ancient Egypt. He also referred to Caligula often as his "buddy" (in a sarcastic way).

My mother was always fond of the Bavarian countryside despite never having left American west. She would tense up when crossing bridges, though, and she and my father had a shared life in Bavaria as simple farmers that may explain this. They were crossing a rickety rope-bridge when something happened to the bridge and my mother slipped and fell. My father caught her and pulled her back up but lost his own footing in the deal and fell to his death.

My husband flip-flops between accepting the possibility of reincarnation and completely denying it. He does, however, find himself haunted by a scene from the Viet Nam war. He's laying down suppressing fire while the rest of the guys are trying to get out a place that's gotten too hot. When it's his time to leave he turns to make a run for it and describes feeling like he's being punched in the back repeatedly by Mike Tyson hopped up on steroids. That's where it ends. The only thoughts he seems to be able to glean from the situation is that the place was supposed to be clear. "Somebody %^&*ed up," he would say, often with a bit of a snarl.

6. Deborah

I thought this topic might be a good one - so members could share not their own memories but those of their friends or family. People who might not come here or are afraid to share. :eek: )

Looking Backwards likes this.
  7. Tepi

Tepi Member

My mother spoke of two past lives that she remembered. When she was nine years old (in this life) she and her mother made a trip by ocean liner from the United States to Norway, where my grandmother was born. The ship passed close by the Orkney Islands, off the nothern tip of Scotland. My mother told me that when she saw the land there she recognized it. She also spoke of a memory of standing on a dusty road with one of my sisters and me, watching Roman soldiers march by. I wish I had pressed her about these memories, but at the time the idea of reincarnation seemed nonsensical to me, and I didn't give what my mother said any credence. Were she still here she would probably be posting her memories on this forum herself.

Angie Brown likes this.
  8. Deborah

Very interesting, what a twist. Usually it's the parent who dismisses the child's remarks. Thank you for sharing that. *wink*

Angie Brown likes this.
  9. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

I have not quizzed family or friends on this, but my husband has a strong image of being a Union Solider during the US Civil War. Not enough detail to figure anything out though.

Angie Brown and Deborah like this.
  10. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

My younger friend , age 40 feels she was a soldier in the Vietnam war .. shot in the back. It is interesting to me as she is not so drawn as I am now to wanting to know more about her past lives. I was not either for many years. I had a regression done in 1978 .. and remembered some simple / non traumatic lives.. The lives I remembered reflected the relations I had at that time.. ie on life with a boy friend and we were married in the past life. And even with a girlfriend with whom I was also married / then man and woman. Our relationship was rather dramatic this life. She would often say before I did the regression that it was like we were married .. The relationship ended in drama and I am just working out the repurcussions of that .. ie emotionally it left alot of baggage..

But back then I had no interest in knowing more nor in pursuing any deep therapy work to help me out. I was dealing with a delitating illness and even though I kind of knew my emotional life also reflected on my health I did not feel the desire to pursue that .. ie the time was just not right.

In 1995ish I had a flashback to a traumatic life and that set me in motion that I was super interested . I am now involved in a form of healing using energy work and now am full into using my knowledge of past lives in order to destress and help myself physically as they play on each other.

Angie Brown likes this.
  11. ap123

ap123 New Member

I have a memory of a past life of being a drug addicted girl (I think in LA). I think that's where my extreme needle phobia comes from. I also have a memory (discovered through PLR) of being a 50s mother of a boy and a girl in suburbia.

12. Tepi

Tepi Member

I had to see a doctor yesterday for something minor. It was at one of those drop-in clinics, and she was somone I'd never met. While I was in the waiting room several of her family members came in with a critically ill relative. In a few minutes the relative was rushed off to the hospital in an ambulance. So, when I finally was able to see the doctor, the thought of death was understandably on her mind. She happened to blurt out, "Oh, well, my five-year-old son says when you die you go to heaven, and then you get to have another life." She added that she and her husband have never talked to him about anything like that. "Hmm," I said, "he must be remembering something." "I think so!" she responded. I suggested she listen for anything further he might say in this regard and let her questions be open-ended. She said she hadn't done that but felt would be a good idea to be listening for more remarks from her son. "But there isn't much time left to do it. Children tend to forget such things by the time they're seven," she said. "How do you know that?" I asked. "I don't know -- I guess I just do," she replied.

13. Looking Backwards

Looking Backwards Senior Registered

Interesting, Tepi. I wonder if she's familiar with Carol, but maybe downplayed it? (Although given how obviously open you were to the idea, I'm not sure why she would've.)

14. LisaR

LisaR Senior Registered

My husband once woke from a reincarnational dream and described it and a lot of related memories of being a former Korean War soldier in 1960's USA. He described in great detail how he had gotten a job with the military doing some contracted construction (we since figured it was like building missile silos). He remembered his first day, how proud he was, how he liked his supervisor, also a war vet. He was married (he says to me but I don't know about that) and remembers building a house from a Sears blueprint (we later looked this up - you could buy house blueprints from Sears in fact!) Drove an "old" International truck (again, we looked up photos until we found the image of 2-toned blue International truck). The details as you can see were very ordinary. Yet the fact of his remembering such details at all to me is extraordinary. There were many more details but, again, kinda boring, such as all the things his supervisor told him, or the fact that the man had a speech impediment, etc. He remembered too that he eventually died on the job in an accident in which he was somehow crushed. I am still amazed by his spontaneous recall and the facinatingly "ordinary" details. (I hope to have something similar one day.)

15. Deborah

Thank you for sharing LBorjaOregon. It's those little details that mean so much! I hope you enjoy the forum.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  16. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

I remember me as a child at a family meeting. My cousins other grandfather told a story what had happened to him in WWII. The funny part was him being a strict christian, so it was something nobody would have expected to hear from him.
    This man told that he had been arrested by the germans, and send to Germany to do forced labour (not jewish), and this has happened to more of the elderly men in my family. His remarkable story was that one day he had entered a village by foot, knowing exactly where he was. He knew the whole map of this village inside his head. He was absolutly sure he had lived there before. I was a kid, so not in the position to ask questions, but I remember his vivid face telling it. He felt as if he had to convince everybody that this had really happened to him. I've forgotten the details he told us. He might had even remembered people still living there (or descendants), something like that.

Angie Brown and tanguerra like this.
  17. Deborah

I sometimes wonder how often these types of things happen to people/children/adults and the events are brushed off, or hidden. What a data base we would have if more people shared and recorded what was said over the years and before TV/internet etc.

Angie Brown likes this.
  18. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

That's correct. I think spontaneous memories happen often, but we have no framework to put them in, in our current culture, so we tend to forget. When I was a babysitter, one day I heard one of my girls talking about her other life, in which she had another mother, and where she was always swiming. I told her parents (from this life ofcourse). Their attention span was less than a second, apart from being really, really good people.
    Later, my own kids told their stories. First I talked about it to a kindergartenteacher, or my relatives, but I gave up.
    Well, my husband was impressed one day. He is from the Middle East, and once our youngest saw a picture of Arabs eating together sitting on the floor, and he became agitated, he kept on repeating: this is my country, this is my country, these are my people.
    I was interested, but my husband shook his head, smiling. Until the boy said firmly: In my country the men don't drink coffee, they drink tea. That last sentence struck deeply with my husband, his face changed inmediatly. There was no way the boy could have known that by then.
    The difference is that I remember all the incidents, because I've always believed in reincarnation my whole life. People like my husband forget soon afterwards, because to them it is not much of interest.

Angie Brown, Deborah and tanguerra like this.
  19. Gypsy8

Gypsy8 Active Member

My granddaughter, now in her early thirties, recently told me about a memory she's always had of standing before the guillotine in a long pink dress. She hates the color pink.

Deborah and tanguerra like this.
  20. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Yes. I think this happens a lot more than most people think.

Angie Brown likes this.
  21. Looking Backwards

Looking Backwards Senior Registered

I had a friend who got VERY mad at me for suggesting past lives. While she was religious, so maybe this had something to do with it, she was also always open to other beliefs, so normally would have said "well, Christians don't really believe that." (Even though many do - but that's beside the point.) Reincarnation, though? No. She flipped out, and started saying really loudly that that implied punishment and God died for our sins, so what would the point be in being "punished" with a new life...

Incidentally, this over-the-top reaction makes me wonder whether she has a PL she doesn't want to think about, or if it just triggered that reaction subconsciously. This isn't necessarily the case, reincarnation may have just been one of the things she wasn't tolerant of (or she was one of those people who likes to claim they're open to all ideas when really, they aren't), but the anger was just so strange and out of the blue that it makes me wonder.

I also always had it in my head that a relative (through marriage) came from a particular place, even though she didn't. But when I told her, I joked that she must have lived there in another life, to which she replied - very seriously - "I did." Not sure whether I knew her in that life (the little bit she told me didn't really trigger any memories) or if I just "sensed" it somehow.

22. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

You hit the nail on the head. It sounds like it's just below the surface but they don't want to look or think about it.

Angie Brown and tanguerra like this.
  23. Deborah

An older tread I thought new members might enjoy reading.

LisaR likes this.
  24. Julius.Suiluj

Julius.Suiluj Caesar

I recall a life as a Priest. I wasn't anyone why a huge name. Just a regular person. :)

25. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

I don't know if you are still a member, but I find your father's memory believeable. Egyptian artifacts have been found in the USA, and reportedly two very famous powerful people in particular ensured caves were cemented up to prevent more archeologists discovering more.

Add to that that there are pyrmaids world over, some more ancient than those of Egypt and some covered over to appear as if only mounds (as at least one step pyramid in England, UK).

Best wishes,

Angie

26. Angie Brown

Even c1960's there were still a lot of white, blue and green eyed blond Indo Europeans in N India and even in Afghanistan. Still are a few. Ancient history has it that they have been there for several milennia having come from Sum-arian and Iranian (ancient Aryan - not as in Hitlers' twistings) ancestry. What you describe could easily be in India as well as many other hot to warm countries. In fact, in c1900 white people were around 30% of the world population but since both world wars are down to 4-5%.
    Non admixed blacks were also more numerous, but after blacks in both WW's also fought their numbers were also decimated (Germany also had colonies in Africa, and Jewish, Christian, and Islamic and other Africans were also enlisted by all sides. There are youtube videos with footage and photos). Surprised? There is propaganda and there is the truth, because some of the descendants of those black soldiers comment that their fathers and grandfathers reported they were more respected in Nazi Germany than anywhere else they ever went. Who knows? I don't. I was never around then in this or in a previous life that I remember. Anyway, best not discount being in a place in a pl due to colour, race or religion. It seems peoples were far more travelled than we would now know. Think what Thor Heyerdahl did to prove that the Peloponaise travelled vast distances by only sea currents
    :)

Best wishes,

Angie

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  27. Angie Brown

Old thread so I expect you know by now. First car was by Karl Benz 1895/6, according to a google search. I didn't read how fast it could go but speed may not have had anything to do with an accident. Petrol would be inflammable.

Best wishes,

Angie

28. Angie Brown

Btw, I only remembered after my last reply re; Karl Benz.
    Back in the early 1990's, my hubby and I were following the yearly November London to Brighton run when we saw one of the antique cars had broken down. We stopped and asked if we could help, which led to us giving the man a tow for almost half the distance to the underground car park where they have to reach to be classed as having completed the journey (there were no rules against being towed :) ). The driver didn't want us to take him home instead, as he wanted to finish and was sure others there would help him fix the car. We had to keep under 15mph because that was the top speed his car could go. Any faster it would irreparablybreak break something or other. We made it ok when we got there he and his waiting co-participants almost danced for joy as they greeted each other. It was a happy experience. However, i'm sure I remember him saying his car (looked more like a motorised chariot with a bench seat) was built in 1887 and was the oldest car he knew of. Hmm. I can't remember the make, unfortunately. Maybe it was one of a kind, a prototype. There were probably a few different one-off cars and prototypes years before Karl Benz managed to make a model that was commercially viable.

What is for sure is that if a driver lost control maybe going down a steep hill or the vehicle swerved on an uneven potholled road into a deep ditch and overturned, with the weight it must have been and no roof it would have been a very nasty accident even at only single digit mph. I almost had a tractor I was driving go over on me, as I begun helping a then boyfriend uproot orchard trees on his parents land. The root was deeper than those previous and as I inched forward the tractor front lifted and within moments must have been on the way to almost about to turn over with me in the driver seat. I slammed my foot on the clutch just in time. It was very scary for an 18yr old. My poor boyfriend, Mark, was white as a ghost and maybe more shook up still than I was.

Roads then weren't built smoothly for cars, and even cart and coach wheels used to break and turn over due to how badly rucked and potholed the mud roads were.
    Quite believeable that your niece was driving such a car even for only a short distance, maybe 'to have a go at driving', and met such a sad end.

I hope she has come to terms with the memory and has found peace.

Best wishes,

Angie

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Li. La. and There and back again like this.
  29. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

My great grandpa used to say "knock your teeth out" as the roads used to be that bad, the city I was born in still had streets paved with red brick into the 2010s. Now days cities barely maintain their roads so it messes up a lot of cars and trucks, some of those spots when a big rig hits it makes the whole thing go boom trailer and all.

Angie Brown likes this.
  30. Angie Brown

Indeed! Sometimes it is as if we are going backwards instead of progressing. Potholes, roads and pavements badly filled in, yet money really wasted elsewhere. Doesn't make any sense.