• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Lists of what you really like and really dislike

Likes: The German language, the Russian language, military history, men's fashion, animals (especially cats), writing, reading, cooking, eating, drinking with friends, playing cards, watching old movies, Denmark, the color grey, the color red, not wearing shoes, taking risks (both mentally and physically), political science, history in general but especially European history, children, rollercoasters, dancing, singing, drinking tea.

Dislikes: Loud noises, explosions, fireworks, being on airplanes, the smell of gasoline, intolerance, hospitals, the feeling of velvet, running, jobs that are repetitive and not exciting, having long hair, communism, being out of control, math.

Likes: rain, storms, thunder, lightning, mountains, the ocean, boats, Norway, Russia, rain forest, the Amazon, the Congo, Austrlia, Japan, steak, running through big open fields of grass and/or flowers, rolling down hills, talking rather strange i.e. "I hath cometh in peace". Russian language, hispanic music, sleep, movies about World War II, war drums (like Native American war drums, but any drums shall do), ancient Rome, ninja, Swiss Alps, New York City, writing stories about ancient Rome, reading about the Cold War, nuclear physics. Things that go "boom", stars, the night, oak trees, laughter, inspiring people, boots that are similar to Han Solo's boots or Nazi boots, Central America, Cuba, the color silver, Cold War era films, writing and giving speeches. Learning about the Cuban Revolution, cello, ukelele, Mexican food, bright in your face colors, jumping in puddles.

Dislikes: Skeptics, narrow minded people, really conservative people, not too good with Christianity and Catholicism, American government, imperialism, feudalism, people who think they're all that and a bag of chips, people telling me I can't, being doubted, narccism (did I spell that right?), Adolf Hitler (I have mixed opinions about the Nazis themselves), drunks, the dark, Bay of Pigs invasion, Vietnam War (as much as I don't like to think about it, I always find myself researching it, like it pulls me towards it or something). I also HATE being left alone in desperate situations. I have nightmares about stuff trapping me and I call for help, but no one ever comes. And I don't like people who criticize something they don't know anything about. And paranoid people. People who are obsessed with romance (there are more important things in life).

Physical problems with no known explanation: I have knee and ankle problems. They're weak and they swell and are in pain a lot of the time. I've never been able to explain it. I also get nasty headaches sometimes, and every once in a while a sharp pain shoots through my head like someone shot me or something, but then it goes away.

dr what I agree. I easily intimidate people. Of course, I'm rather territorial and naturally distrust people when I first meet them. That could have something to do with it.

Things I like:

France, Italy, Ireland, The ocean, Folklore, Astrology, Angels, Stained glass windows, Country side, Horses, Lutes, Hammered Dulcimers, When the sun shines through the trees, Period films, Rain, Going to watch a play, Art, Writing, History....

Things I dislike:

Being the last one to know about big news, being ignored, feeling unimportant....

Physical problems with no explanation:

I had to get an operation on my uvula because it wasn't the right length. No one else I know had this problem.

Likes: The smell of rain, walking outside barefoot, the smell of jasmine/lilacs/pansies/lavender/roses, grand pianos, painting, tea & tea sets, candles, Russia, England, India, cats, birds, babies & children, taking care of people that can’t take care of themselves, the colors dark red/dark green/gold/purple, long hair, dresses, swimming, making food from scratch, the Victorian/Edwardian eras, writing letters/diaries, windows, big houses, snow, poetry & literature, writing, swings, things made out of wood, music boxes, classical music, baths, porcelain dolls, picture frames, melancholy moods, the ocean, men in military/naval uniform, cameos, clocks, making other people laugh, meaningful conversations, horses, perfumes, soaps, trains, the spiritual, philosophy, summer and spring evenings outside, languages, jewelry.

Huge dislikes: Hospitals, illness, others vomiting and people seeing/hearing me vomit, the feeling of impending doom, people watching me eat, hunger, people with no sense of humor, yelling, shame, purposelessness, not being dressed well in public, people prying into my private life, extremely hot weather, having no time alone, inferiority, sleeping in a bed that’s not surrounded by at least two walls, airplanes and being in them, French/German/Oriental culture, human suffering, lack of control, suppression, looking at the moon at night.

Physical problems with no explanation: Since I was a baby I would scream, cry, and cover my ears and eyes and nose if someone was vomiting. I couldn't stand anyone to hear or see me do it either. I also would constantly check myself to see if I was ill and was extremely intrigued and yet horrified to hear of plagues. As a child I was very sensitive about food and when I ate something in private I would hide the evidence and was always concerned about how much food we had and would give up my food to others.

I MUST reply...before going to bed in the am. lol

Traveling, France, Art, Painting, the Night life, Busy city, Laughing, Partying, Being eccentric, Being a night owl, Reading poetry, Absinthe, Music coming from pubs, Cafe's, Horse and buggies, Blank canvases, Sketching horses and nature in general, Walking, Classical music, Quiet museums...

DISLIKES:

Rude people, Being pushed out of the way, Crowded sidewalks, Racism, Sexism, Politics, Not having money to buy art supplies, Not having money to do anything, When someone stares at me while drawing a picture, Running out of paint....

I've had foot surgery thats genetic on my father's side and have had trouble with my legs every since, but my sisters legs and feet seems to be fine...

Likes: Shakespeare...but not so much from a literary standpoint; rather from a sense I know who and what is being spoken about and the amazingly wry manner in which it is spoken...also, the man from Avon couldn't write, much less pen the magnificent lines with which we are all familiar.

The Battle of Agincourt...its folly, its waste, its unbelievable hubris and stupidity...I like the fact that so much material is actually available to study, but while it was a disaster on a previously unknown scale, the cost to humanity, on an individual scale was equally appalling...when one must imagine the potential level of brutality mankind is capable of there is nothing like the pure blood, mud, fear and ache on tap in those memories. I appreciate this as a touchstone...an example of the culmination in one spot in time of circumstances that led to massive destruction in human lives which had a centuries long effect on that society.

Dislikes: Strausbourg...I was scheduled to use this city as my center while I scoured the sights surrounding it...as I deboarded the train I got a tremendous sense of foreboding, of discomfort and fear. It persisted for another two hours as I began to check into my hotel...before I could complete my sign in, I felt nauseous, put my pen down and picked up my bags and boarded the next train south...the further away I got, the better I felt. Not sure why it affected me so, and not sure I want to find out.

Tampa...the same as above except for a much milder dose...and I have had all four of my car accidents in this city and they have each occurred in rush hour traffic. Since then when I must go to Tampa, I do not drive and as soon as I can leave I do.

St Augustine...whenever I'm there (fairly frequently, living only 30 miles away), I get a pervasive sense of anger and frustration combined with betrayal...a lucid dream illustrated an early 20's french huegenot soldier who had come to Fort Caroline, the french colonly in north Florida, and was subsequently captured by the spanish and imprisoned in St. Augustine with the knowledge that he would be paroled...one of his spanish captors kept him in good spirits with confident talk of the upcoming parole up until the day he was hung. When there and wine-flown I get somewhat belligerent, counter to my usual intoxicated, amenable self.

I know this is an old thread but...

Likes- Apples & Honey (together), Salmon, Lavender, Farming/country life, Poland, Cars, Sketching, Researching disease, Judaism, Listening to Hebrew, Animal welfare, European Antiques (especially furniture), Russia, Polish language, Germany, Horses, Strawberries, Matza, German made products, Candles, Wine, Geneaology, the Desert, Heat, sun, natural tan, I prefer dresses and skirts over pants, designer labels, Beauty, Israel, Dancing, Camping, The smell of pine trees, Horseback riding.

Dislikes- Anti-semetism, Cold weather, Dampness, Being chased, Hiding, waste, Disrespect for peoples property, Not super fond of Christianity or Islam ( but I respect those who follow those so long as it doesn't effect me.), Outhouses, Demanding tones, Animal abuse, loud sounds, Having my knees touched, Fire, Abandoned pools, grates, ditches, Pork, Seafood, Vomiting, Cotton balls, Having toy guns pointed at me, Beer, Chaos, and Crowds.

Digestive issues, Chest discomfort ( feels like I have an elephant sitting on me.) and I cannot stand having my throat exposed.

Things I like:

Autumn, cinnamon, pumpkin, hiking, camping, fishing, apple and pine scents, movies, romance novels, scifi and horror movies, food in general lol, running, road trip, Philippine food, cost pajamas, log cabin, Arizona tea, mountains, medievals fairs, animals, thunder storms, lazy days, anthropology(subject not clothing store lol), Halloween, Thanksgiving and christmas, donkeys, meerkats, sleeping in, hot baths, candles, cherry wine, apple butter, tattoos, green smoothies, baby wearing, sun bathing, hot chocolate, my bed <3, San Diego, grand canyon, north Carolina, Scotland, English cream tea, vegetarian haggis, country ham with red eye gravy, velvetta Mac and cheese, double chocolate cookies, heated discussions, alternative rock, gardening, pinterest, native American music, genealogy, kayaking, manicures, autumn mornings, night time, goo goo dolls, bob Marley

Things I dislike:

Ignorance, racisim, lateness, liars, two faced people, getting up early, feeling full too quickly lol, dirty houses, stinky bathrooms, being out of stock, spiders, cows, bad drivers, rude people, so many more but I hate to hate lol =)

Forgot to post physical problems: im tired all the time I've been tested for everything and don't have depression etc, I've been like this my while life

Likes: the ocean, stars on the sky, feeling fabric under my nails, fashion, potatoes, the smell of some herbs, turquoise, earth colours, travelling, old buildings, narrow alleys, whitewashed houses, peach taste, coconut, reading, dogs, astrology, the smell of a bonfire or fireplace, sewing, strawberries, wild strawberries, China, Japan, Korea, Greece, Ancient Egypt, sun, someone touching my hair, cooking, bunnies and rabbits, greek music both traditional and modern, asian food, spicy food, greek dances, the number 8, gold, orange trees, being on a boat, jewelry made from turquoises, swimming in big waves, mandarin chinese and greek language, irish and scottish music, skincare products, being outside in the nature, martial arts, the sound of a japanese shamisen, greek traditional instruments, salty things, warm weather, warm summer nights, geishas, shopping, making a bargain

Dislike: prostitution, men who think women are worth less, spiders, bugs, cats, alcohol, drinking water, having to socialize with many people, to be new in a crowd, smoking, babies, superficial people, most vegetables, german and slavic languages, cantonese and vietnamese language, being out in a forest, coffe and tea, being treated as if I'm not a grown up, irresponsible people, untidy people

Physical problems: eczemas that can't be cured and only getting worse, neck pain. I also have never been able to drink pure water without feeling like throwing up and I get bubbles in my stomach, but I can drink it when mixed with something, like lemonade.

OK - here's my lists:

Likes (in no particular order): reading, writing, history - especially WW2 - flying, aeroplanes, cars, uniforms, the smell of old books, libraries, walking in the rain (with an umbrella), listening to the rain spatter against the glass window pane in a quiet room (as right now), crisp winter air, grey English skies, freshly fallen snow, freshly mown grass in summer, cold water, tea, conifer forests (never been in one), the USA, intelligent conversation, classical music, 1960s pop music, photographic art, Glenn Miller's music, representational art (particularly landscapes and aviation), technology, science and nature TV documentaries, space exploration, history of space race, ...oh, the list could go on and on...

Dislikes (again in no particular order): Modern pop music, also rap, house, hip hop, garage, etc. Stand-up comedians who can't crack a joke without swearing, people who liberally speckle every sentence with the "F" word, ignorance, closed minds, endless sunshine, milk, marmite, injections (I'm ok with these at the dentist, but in the arm just makes me nauseous - in fact, anything to do with needles and blood is a nausea inducing combination for me), atheism (more a bemusement than a dislike, really), modern materialism, arrogance, aggressive people (particularly aggressive women and children),political correctness, selfishness, modern art, most poetry (one or two exceptions I love), working at a job I hate just for an insufficient wage (done a lot of that in my life), orthodox religion, technology (yes, I know it appears in my list of likes above, as well), India, organised criminals, lack of ambition, mediocrity.....again, I could go on.

Physical complaints: none really, I am essentially very healthy. However, while performing any activity that causes me to sweat heavily, I always seem to do so far more on the right side of my body than the left, which is very noticeable when wearing a thin shirt. Conversely, if I don't shave for a couple of days, the growth of beard is always less on the right side of my face than the left -weird!

Don't know how much of any of the foregoing is PL related and how much current life related, but I offer them for what they're worth.

Well, happy to be back here, again! :D

Likes (in no particular order): Germany, USA, England, actually any country in general. History, Science, Art, Winter, Culture, Sea, Music, Books, Language, boxing, wrestling, martial arts, food, candy (cookies included), etc etc..

Dislikes (again in no particular order): Racist, Sexist, two faced people, people who have to comment on every single little thing, nature (not that I hate it, it has some kinda grudge against me!), Summer, Mathematics..

Physical complaints: I once had Asthma when I was younger but not anymore! So far, I'm as healthy as a horse.

I heard this can help with past life remembrance. I think it was in Talbots Reincarnation Handbook.

Outdoor activities like fishing, hunting etc. Learning things if I already have an interest in them, Imo's pizza, reeces peanutbutter cups, spring, summer, fall, gardening, travel, Indian artifacts, improvising things, feminine women, peaceful scenes, solitude, going against the grain when it's called for, building things, aviation

Dislikes

Winter, untrustworthy people, rice (reminds me of maggots), idiots that do crazy stunts and then wonder why they got hurt, willfully ignorant people, drunk women, loud women, tattoed women, getting drunk, thieves, liars, crimes against people, ruthless people, oblivious people. Crowds

Physical

I never could run worth a ****. In little league baseball my nickname was "turtle". I could turn an easy homerun into a close double. Recurring sinus infections. Allergies early in life.

This is the first time I made such a list. I can see a possible life as an American Indian, that rode horses and didn't run much...

ok...as it was resurrected and everyone continued to list personal likes and dislikes...

Likes: sunrises, sunsets...visual climactic changes and alterations from day to day, quiet times in otherwise crowded places, clarity of purpose and understanding of what I am doing, reason, shrimp scampi, wet and dirty maritinis, a well-balanced fine red wine, a crisp light white wine, vintage ports, romantic comedy, a rapidly moving drama, Downton Abbey, a clearly drawn legal problem, slow and clean surf swells, a nicely maintained older car, classic '60's long surfboards, colonial Virginia, the Shenandoah Valley, the American revolution, the French revolution, Old England, Older France, the French mediterranean, the Italian coast and Umbria...Roma, y Sorrento y Positano, India...the country still heavily populated, Afghanistan before any Russian or British involvement, American indians, sailing, surfing, football, formal dress and overdressing for the occasion, underdressing for specific occasions, or maybe just dressing and feeling comfortable regardless of the occasion, books, ideas, thoughts, women with wit and charm, dogs with patience, children with thoughtfulness and intelligence, men with patience and wisdom, openness and confidence regarding ideas outside ones comfort zone, self-reliance and competence.

Dislikes: Russia, the orient...all of it seems to chill, the Caribbean and rum drinks, violence, arbitrary contrariness, pompousness, tediousness, south Florida, Tampa, St Augustine, humidity, those who don't want to pay me for what they ask me to provide, being out of breath, being contradicted, women with a grudge, men with an attitude (I can deal with women with an attitude, and men with a grudge), unruly and ignorant children, thoughtless acts, motion sickness, liver as a meal, verbal abuse, intimidation masked as salesmanship, Machiavelli-ism...another term for "get what I want-ism", politics, infidelity, deceitfulness, prejudice, and victimism.

Wow...that was enlightening.

Likes and dislikes I think are related to past lives...

Ireland, castles, old music, period clothing, leather, archery, medieval calligraphy, plain old fashioned foods, rifles, smell of campfires & blackpowder...To name a few.

Dislikes:

people running up behind me, any signs of betrayal towards me from people I know, crowds & noise, rapid machine gunfire...Etc.

Physical:

I have deep scars across the center of my back that I cannot for the life of me explain...

The music and string instruments of 16th and 17th century Western Europe, especially courtly Baroque France and 17th c. Spain, also the early Ibero-American music. Especially the vihuela, lute, viola da gamba. The Spanish, Portuguese and German languages. German cuisine. Holbein paintings and Persian rugs (adopted in western Europe). Shakespeare, Cervantes, Montaigne, Rabelais. The English of Shakespeare and Donne. Looking at Vermeers and wishing I could hang out with Falstaff types. Any style of fashion that is sleek and glorifies the human body, male or female. Like an above poster I have a strange familiarity with latex, I feel I may have lived somewhere were everyone wore it or had similar skin? - reminds me of dolphins. Water, but not the stuff that grows at the bottom of it. I want to breathe water. The idea of dissolving into another person. Indian food, though I can't eat it spicy. Catholic and Russian Orthodox art, marble, high collars for everyone, Renaissance portraits and the swagger of their old gentlemen subjects. Androgyny, the celebration of sensitivity instead of its repression. Nonbinary gender awareness. Pacifism. The ability of the Japanese, Italians and French to turn the mundane into art. Deep sympathy and respect for ascetics.

Dislikes:

Music with extended harmony like bebop and most "art music" after Beethoven. Modern musical instruments and historically insensitive classical recordings, metal strings on violins. Everything associated with Victoriana. The Enlightenment, though Bach is my hero and I'll spare Kant. People with no sense of dignity or carriage. Hunting. Abuse of neon colors. Sports, fighting, martial arts, anything military, steak, crude machismo. Alcohol. Sarcasm, nihilism, atheism, existentialism, scientific materialism. Freud, Adler, Skinner. Having to shave. The Russian bearded intellectual. Body piercings, any tattoos except for traditional Japanese styles that cover large sections of the body. Politics, rhetoric, philosophy, debate. The rigidity and near-inescapability of 3D spatio-temporal perception. Emotional and physical abuse, manipulation, infidelity, power trips in relationships, especially what goes on in the D/s subculture. Nationalism. American history. When multiculturalism shames people of European descent for being into Europe. Chinese appropriation of Buddhism. Sunburn.

Physical:

Scars across my back. They're stretch marks from bad posture, but they look like flogging scars.

Likes: Fire light, writing, architecture, opulent surroundings, somewhat stuffy atmospheres, dressing up, gardens, bodies of water, boats (passenger ships in particular), Western and Easter Europe, cold winter nights, very dark and stormy days, spring, pens, relatively firm beds, swing & big band music, ragtime, comedy, violins, clarinets, plays, movies, photographs, genealogy, vanity, pre-1970 (really pre 1960, but I'm stretching it a bit) dancing, 1920s, 1930s, wit, sarcasm, hand writing, the scent lemon, the scent of mint, the scent of vanilla, the Netherlands, the Dutch language, playing games that are more about having fun than competition, good and deep conversation, discussing personal matters, being alone, swimming, waltzes, thinking, forests, the country side, flowers, kids, joking and laughing, practical jokes, windows, staircases, attics, rain, thunder and lightning, history, acting, autumn, birds, privacy, cats, the thought of dying from hypothermia (I know that sounds crazy, but the thought of lying outside in the snow on a cold winters night and leaving my body is very comforting to me), classical music, radios, records, old furniture, antiques, classic art, nudes, sculptures, genetics, philosophy, psychology, adventure, exploration, freedom.

Dislikes: Vains being cut open, having someone else take credit for my work, not being believed, inaccurate details, small details being ignored, tall chimneys, being dirty, hot weather (anything above 75F is too hot), sweating, noise when I'm trying to sleep, nausea, vomiting, being thirsty, the Middle Ages, yelling, screaming, large crowds, heights, the sensation of falling, quick footsteps approaching a room, the smell of fire on myself or fabrics, Asia makes me feel uneasy, people who are too presumptuous, people who are "holier-than-thou," being held in place by someone against my will, technology having too much control over our lives, the general officiality and organization of modern life; the safety compared to previous generations.

Physical: I use to have some stomach issues but their intensity and frequency have decreased in the past year or so. I also don't sleep very well. I have a hormone deficiency, and flat feet too.

castles, medieval buildings, woodland, forests, masked men, horses, hunting, heavy metal music, horror films, tattoos, piercings, dogs, meat, dark winter nights, rain and thunder storms...

DISLIKES

sun, small houses, annoying tv adverts, pop music, cruelty to animals, mushrooms, sea food, urgggh!!

cant think of anything else lol xLOL

Places: Wales, England, India, Hong Kong, Greece, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Texas, Scandinavia

Activities: Martial Arts, Singing, Computer Games, Knitting, Having Tea with my friend, Traveling, Playing piano

Foods: Chinese Food, Hamburgers, Coffee, Tea, Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream, Mexican Food, Sushi, steak, boeuf en daub, Irish stew, g&t, Scotch (mostly smell), Indian food, Afghan food, Vietnamese food

Music: 40’s, Big Band, Celtic, Classic Rock, 70’s, Bagpipes

Eras/(associated places) 1940’s (U.S./Britain), Turn of the Century (East Coast) Mid-Late 19th c (Great Britain), Early 19th C-Wales, Mid 18th C (Ireland), 16th C England, Medieval-England/UK/Scandinavia?, ~300 B.C. Persia

Misc: Medieval history/Culture/Music,

Christmas, color blue, etymology/languages

DISLIKES:

Places: Nevada, Northern U.S. (selectively) France? Eastern Europe, South America, (I have not been to the last three, just an association/feeling I have about them)

Activities: Most team sports, Jogging, Working in an office environment, gambling, drinking at a bar, large parties, parades, cooking (w/exceptions)

Foods: Melons, sloppy joes, barbecue sauce, ham, sardines, peanuts (p.b. is ok), lobster and crab (too much trouble), Beer, Rum

Music: Country-Western, Opera (w/exceptions), 50’s music, 20’s music

Eras: 50’s (U.S.) 1920’s, Civil War era, 17th and early 18th C Europe, Dark Ages,

Misc: gossip, R.E. agent/soccer mom types, komodo dragons, car chase scenes in movies

I like this thread :) I will probably edit this post several times. Also, I am altering my list. I will list the things that attract me, the things that repel me, the things that I am indifferent to that usually rile up most people, and the things that are problematic for me, because sometimes I do not love the things that attract me, or hate the things that repel me (especially if they are irrational fears), and unexplained problems aren't always health issues.

Attractions:

Simple real food, campfire cooking, farm museums, the slightly cow-ey sour-ish smell of a clean dairy, streams and swampy places in the woods, spiders / cobwebs, bees, practical fiber arts of all kinds, functional / symmetrical pottery, books written by Anne Rice, Jane Auel, Kenneth Roberts, James Mitchener, and Edward Rutherfurd, pregnancy and breastfeeding, birthing without a professional attendant, the British Isles in general, the American Prairie in general, North American forest land in general, draft horses, working dogs (herders, sled, hunting dogs), common farm / game animals (I am my quietest mentally when around them, tend to talk to them like people, and am very okay with and appreciative of their place in my diet,) stone houses, wattle-and-daub houses, cordwood masonry buildings, farmhouses with big porches, screened sleeping porches, the lingering smell of wood smoke on clothing, the smell of pipe tobacco, the smell and feel of the air after rain, thunderstorms, loud / rhythmic music, fiddle music, well-executed harmonies, narrative poetry (think Robert Frost, James Whitcomb Riley, Robert Service, etc,) castles, dry stone walls, laid hedges, 1940's hairstyles and everyday clothing, gardens-run-riot / closely planted, linen and wool fabrics, single-piece leather "bog shoes" (and really, anything found on bog-find bodies,) kissing, being held closely by someone much bigger than me, little boys with long shaggy hair, French braids (I always wear my hair in two braids, parted in the middle, and my greatest delight is when my friend will French braid it for me. I can't do it myself.) sweet meads, dark malty beer, traditional Japanese farms / villages

Repellants:

Spicy food, food prep (cutting vegetables, etc), large or dirty farms, docks / marinas / piers, standing within 6 feet of the edge of a precipice, house centipedes, non-functional / impractical "crafts", abstract art, deconstructed art, "historical" fiction that fails to convey a proper sense of the time / place, hospitals as a routine birthing place, obstetricians, movies / books depicting rape (almost guarantees I never watch it or pick it back up again,) lap or show or noisy dogs, large-scale commercial agriculture (especially monoculture / single-animal focus,) abstract / asymmetrical architecture, plastic, the smell of cigarettes (especially stale cigarette smoke,) dissonant music, experimental jazz, anything off-key, non-narrative poetry, wire fences, homes with "cathedral ceilings" in the living space, makeup as a daily necessity (I cringe and have to resist the urge to smack people who talk about "putting on my face" in the morning,) places without water or trees, gardens with wide rows and lots of exposed earth, shoes with pointy toes and/or spike heels, polyester, pantyhose, jewelry that can't be left on for a long stretch of time, having my back scratched, wine, hops

Indifferences:

Childhood diseases

Infant mortality

Maternal mortality

Death in general

Electricity

Vacations / travel (for the sake of doing so. I am not indifferent when it means I can visit or reenact one of the places or times that draw me)

Slaughtering farm animals

War (am neither attracted to or repelled by it)

Mainland Europe

Politics of just about any sort

Have Problems With:

Pain and fatigue (probably fibromyalgia - started after a surgery to repair a broken metacarpal, coupled with upheaval in my romantic relationships and with my children)

Migraine headaches

Food (I have an odd eating disorder where I go through phases where I am super-strict about what I eat, and will let myself starve rather than eating something I've deemed "bad for me." This is contrasted with the phases where I live on absolute crap junk food, and the phases where I'm totally on top of my game and cook ALL THE GOOD THINGS when I should.)

likes: Nature, wilderness, forest, swimming, German Shepherds, horses/riding, yoga, ancient Indian philosophy, Vedas, ancient Egypt, Celtic music and art, playing music, guitar, uniforms, military stuff, history, European food, organic food, pagan cultures, historic documents/passports/money bills.

hates: MOLD, hospitals, doctors, blood, hospital tv shows, loud noises or explosions behind me, pollution, cities, sexism, any religion or culture which discriminates women, witch burning, medieval society/Middle Ages, stupidity, wasting ressources, egotistical people, people who do not care about the environment.

Things I like:

Woodsmoke, going barefoot, military men, airplanes, fur blankets, eating with my hands, cool breeze, jackets with a snug waist, crafting, taking things apart, electronics, vikings, fast driving, the underground, America, Nordic mythology, thunder storms, warm tarmac underfoot, dogfighting, history, learning, museums, designing, dressing up, snow/frost, laughing, quiz shows, cats, space, braiding hair, celtic music, jazz/swing/big band, firm mattress/pillows.

Things I hate:

Hospitals, waking up later than 10am, pins & needles, planes flying over at night, needles, aches/pains, shouting, wooded areas, open space, crowded space, the dark, silence, sirens, penetration (any kind eg. sexual or medical - such as needles), strong smells, people telling others what to do, skinniness, walking at night, space, heat, misogyny, rudeness, people who disrespect the military in any manner, selfishness.

High mountain hiking when the air is thin and tastes like the sky; Trees are a must and I wither without them, spent hours reading up in their branches as a child; Hot springs with caves, even though the steam in a sauna suffocates me; Dense massed stone in walls or cliffs; The sensation of flying where the air drops beneath you and then the wings catch again and you slip forward, looking down on the patterns of the earth below;

Light streaming into deep shadows and glowing through water; The way fire acts in all its forms, and building fires; Caves with streams and mysterious pools; Ever changing light on leaves, watch it for hours; Long, dark tunnels; Clouds fascinate me more than most tv programs, full of infinite art; Unexpected openings or intrusions in a landscape;

Exploring flavors and experimenting with unusual concoctions; Tart, spicy, mild, bland, sweet, dark, nuanced, layered;

Carved wood and textured metal ornamentation; Smooth curves and flowing interconnection of lines, more abstract than object oriented; Costumes of all kinds, especially those with a sense of drama, more like sculpture than mere clothing;

Shaping texture with my hands, especially smooth and non-grating; Tiny, detailed patterns that make their own beauty within an overarching design; Pictures within pictures; Things that can be both one thing and another at the same time;

Word-play, contrast-filled sarcasm, subtle humor, alliteration; Descriptions that make me feel a sensation as if it were my own;

Drums, bass; Dance and martial arts of all sorts, focused on the gymnastic, dramatic, and flexible above the martial;

Spiritual, invisible, and intangible experiences; Love beyond passion; Faith without ritual or arrogance; Philosophy and the sharing and merging of ideas into new perspectives;

------------

I actively resist eating creatures that still look like themselves when they were alive; alcohol in all its forms tastes like poison, though the flavors would be nice otherwise; Things that taste watered down (even if it is the actual flavor) like some melons or water with a lemon slice in; Unexpected flavors, things that look spicy but are really sweet, things that look sweet but are actually salty;

Explicit or aggressive sexuality in all its forms, both social and visual, male and female, causes dark/unidentifiable flashbacks; People who demand to be agreed with, followed, or obeyed; Instructions or instructors who seem to think only one way will do. I instinctively do it a different way just because they present it that way. Seriously! :grr:

Being misunderstood is my worst nightmare, especially when I end up hurting people accidentally; When who I am creates problems for someone else and I have no way to change the situation or my reaction; I hate making quick decisions without the chance to observe and consider;

I also consciously and actively avoid ... Sharp edges, I'm super-careful with all blades and pointed objects; Non-flame heat, I don't worry about being burned by fire, but by objects that are hot, like ovens or things that are boiling; The idea of anything stabbing into, breaking, or burning anything with a nervous system; Falling down things like cliffs or stairs;

Straight lines; Boxy, lumpy, or thick (no word for this sense, really, it's not tangible but an expression of presence) objects, art, and clothing; Overly pristine environments and untouchable things;

Higher toned or piercing instruments, sounds, or voices; Sudden sounds or situations where I'm not given the chance to adjust my mind and energy-level to the noise; Screaming of any kind, even happy; Dense schedules; Rushing or hurrying; Following a pre-set schedule, even my own.

Interesting. I haven't really thought about this at this level of detail before. Hmmm...

Back