• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

lost

Have u ever felt like your missing something or someone? I feel that way I think I may have lost someone suddenly or been hurt by someone I cared alot for in a past life =(
 
Hi,


Yes I have. When you feel this way, do you feel they left? Died? You left or you died? There are so many kinds of losses.
 
Omg yes!


In fact, I just had a long conversation with myself in front of a mirror tonight, telling myself not to give up hope that I will find my dear friend /lover /brother? that I am longing to see! I have no idea who he is, it's definitely not any of the men I've met in my life so far (I'm 58). I can feel it, like an echo, the closeness we had. I keep hoping it's time for me to meet up with him, or get the answers on why we won't.


I miss this person terribly and now that I think about it, I've missed him since I was a little girl! I knew, even as a preschooler, what it meant to be deeply loved /understood and that nobody around me was able to love me /understand me the way he did. But I also remember sadness that I probably wasn't going to have him in my life. I didn't know about past lives then, just had that longing and those emotions. Maybe we made a pact to not be together this lifetime..?


thank you for posting this. I feel surprisingly better, like validated or something. You're in a good place here on the forum, lots of amazing stories, lots of kind and generous people with deep insights.
 
When my late Mother (I'm almost 60) was pregnant and having a difficult time, they did an exam and found out she was carrying twins and in grave danger of losing both and the Doctor's ordered strict bedrest, but something happened one night.


Well, it appears she suffered a single miscarriage of ONE fetus, but the other fetus survived (me) and went on to a difficult, but successful birth, and later on, much later on, it felt like to me that the other twin had "sacrificed" itself so that I might live.


Later on, as a child, I had a imaginary playmate for several years, then this "entity" faded away and I wonder if that entity might have been my twin that sacrificed himself.


All through my entire life, I've felt that half of me was missing something, like I was missing someone I knew very well, any thoughts on this??? :confused:
 
An interesting thread!


I'm someone that's had many, many people pass through his life, but very few of whom have remained for long. That's not because I was so obnoxious and drove them out, but that none of them, ultimately, seemed to be who I was looking for. I have had countless transitory relationships with women (the word "relationship" is perhaps too grandiose a term in many cases), and almost as many (platonic) friendships with people of my own sex.


I've had many dreams from which I've awoken with tears in my eyes. In it, I've been in the company of a woman I've loved, or at least felt some extremely strong attraction to, on a spiritual as well as physical level. I felt complete, happy. Although she appears physically different in every dream, she is somehow the same, and when I awake from these dreams, such is the sense of reality that I lay in bed, trying hard to remember where and when- in this life - I have met her, only to realise I never have and never will. Could this be a woman who I've known and loved in a previous life, but who did not incarnate with me this time around, but for whom I am still searching, nonetheless? The funny thing is, ever since I was a child, I have known I'd never have children, nor find a wife or long term partner to go through life with (I was married briefly in the 1990s, but that was a match made in hell in retrospect). I personally think that's because my soul already knew my true love was going to be disincarnate throughout my lifetime, so my 30 year quest to forge a worthwhile relationship may be likened to that of an art lover seeking a genuine Rembrant in a hall of fakes. I don't know...
 
There are lots of people here who have the same feeling than you, foresteliz20, I am one of them and I thought I was alone too, but when I came here for the first time I discovered all those emptiness feelings I had could be explained by my past life memories of someone very dear to me I had known.


I hope you find your answers like I did.
 
I am not sure this will help but please bear with me as I try to draw a parallel.


When I initially began to meditate with the intention of viewing past lives I got a whole lot of something, but none of it was at all indicative of past lives...swirling designs of an apparent rich liquid color seemed to predominate, but no views into anything. As my frustration increased I began to mentally cast about for anything that might change into a view into a past life, or anything that resembled an environment or physical presence. At some point my frustration was so great I seemingly spun around inside my head and there, sort of behind my right ear (I turned around from where I'd been focused on my third eye...I'm not sure why that was my direction), was the view of two small brown feet walking down a trail surrounded with thick green foliage. It was at that point I benefitted from the entire panoply of emotions, visions and understanding of that lifetime.


My point is that while we are looking for the connections to others that will provide us a sense of belonging, or to relieve us of our sense of yearning, of loneliness, it may be we are not looking in the right place. I'm not saying anything so prosaic as to look for the missing soulmate behind your right ear, but rather possibly alter the way you see who is around you...focus away from the allegorical "third eye" and with it your expectations and customary habits of seeking that elusive connection.


Each of my deeply significant and longterm connections have come as a result of having no preconceived notions or expectations and simply flowing with an experience. Some occur with fireworks and amazement upon first sight, while others occur when you find yourself talking to someone who happens to surprisingly mirror your thoughts and feelings when there had previously been nothing more than proximity to start the conversation.


I believe we incarnate with soul level connections to almost everyone with whom we associate. What we do with those connections is up to us.
 
I spent so any years feeling like my heart was screaming into an abyss with no answer coming back from someone who I felt should have been there. In 1989, something moved Heaven and Earth to give me a response. I met the guy I was going to marry during the Loma Prieta Earthquake! I haven't felt empty since.
 
Hydrolad,


My daughter also is a twinless twin. Her twin communicates with her and at times she is here. She remembers communicating with her sister in the womb, and her decision to sacrifice herself so my daughter could be born.


I am RH negative and the miscarriage of my first child (although unknown to me at the time) caused the issue with the second (which I thought was the first) pregnancy.


The child she is pregnant with now is the first child that I miscarried. No wonder my tv remotes have been safe for awhile, LOL.


I can't wait to meet him :)
 
To Mama2HRB (and others):


A miscarriage is as traumatic as any other death, and while people express condolences to the family of a "usual" death, they seem at a loss to express themselves to a person who has suffered a miscarriage.


Words seem to fail them, or they often say the wrong thing (through no fault of their own) things like "You will have another" as if a live birth will replace the ache they feel in their hearts anytime they think of their loss.


It is my personal belief that a person who has suffered a miscarriage should grieve over their loss, in some way, such as a small, personal ceremony or to plant a tree perhaps, to honor the memory of the deceased child with the goal of arriving at a closure in this traumatic event.


For the more enlightened, a possible homecoming ceremony, to welcome the Soul back into the Other Side and to express their own feelings, so as to effect a closure for this as well as the other expressions mentioned.


IMHO, the ultimate goal is to honor and remember the memory of the miscarriage and the Soul that lost it's life, but to move on and gain strength from this experience, if that is possible.


My heartfelt condolences to you and all other women who have suffered a miscarriage, may you find solace in knowing that I (and other's) really do care.


POSTSCRIPT: My late Mother suffered several miscarriages before finally having two live births, back to back, of myself and my younger Brother and even the pregnancies that resulted in the live births were wrought with problems.
 
Words seem to fail them, or they often say the wrong thing (through no fault of their own) things like "You will have another" as if a live birth will replace the ache they feel in their hearts anytime they think of their loss.
A relative had a stillborn baby, she took the loss very hard. I’d gone into a shop to buy her a gift and told the clerk why. A bystander butted in with, “Oh that’s nothing! She’ll have another. That's nothing.” I didn’t say anything, but, heh, you know how sometimes we lose our tempers, make a scene and regret it? Well, to this day I regret NOT losing my temper. One of the few times I can think of where I have that kind of regret! I still wish I’d punched her. Yelled. Kicked her in the shin, something. :tongue:


Okay, she was probably trying to find something to say and came up with the first cliché she could think of, so I shouldn’t be so irked. But - I'm still irked.
 
Indeed, the grief of a miscarriage has its own brutal poignancy. Each miscarriage is different and each mother /family will have their own ways of dealing with it. I like the idea of a type of ceremony or something and have done that several times, sometimes with other family members, and sometimes just by myself. I'm a big proponent of feeling the waves of grief as often and as deeply as they come, that over time the grief will not be as sharp, but I'm the only one who can make that call for myself.


Again, thanks to the internet, there are tons of resources available and everyone can find the help they need, from blogs to full-blown websites.


Personally, studying reincarnation and the between-lives state has given me confidence that each soul is living out its own plan, there are no mistakes, miscarriages and abortions (while deeply upsetting) are part of life as a human being on Planet Earth.
 
liberty said:
Personally, studying reincarnation and the between-lives state has given me confidence that each soul is living out its own plan, there are no mistakes, miscarriages and abortions (while deeply upsetting) are part of life as a human being on Planet Earth.
...something I wish I had written...and what I believe to be truth.
 
Back
Top