• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

May 15th

Sunniva

Administrator Emeritus
Hey everybody,

It's been a while since I posted anything, but something has puzzled me for this past week and I can't think of any other venue where I can bring something like this up :)

While it's not exactly a past life memory, I'm wondering if it is somehow past life related. On the evening of may 15th (last week) I couldn't sleep. It's not normally a problem for me - I get up very early in the morning and have a very physical job in the open air, so I usually fall asleep very easily. But this evening I just couldn't. I felt extremely anxious, stressed out, depressed, I was just tossing and turning, finding no rest.

Now that in itself is not so strange, but when I came to work the next day, one of my colleagues (who is also a good friend) greeted me by saying "I slept terribly last night!" She went on to tell me that she had been woken by nightmares several times - and she never has nightmares. She dreamt that she was being tied up and tortured, it was horrible and she was visibly touched by it.

While speaking with her another colleague rang me and said she had to take the day off to stay at home with her young son, who is about two years old. They had had a 'situation' and taken him to the hospital the night before, because he was completely hysteric. At the hospital the doctors said that he had a condition called 'night terror' (they used the English word, so at least to me it sounded like they accepted that it was more than just a nightmare).

I didn't think much of it at the time, but during the day I reflected on it and found it very strange that I knew of 3 people within my circle, who had had unusual trouble sleeping on may 15th. When I got home from work I googled the date to see if there was a tendency or something in the stars that could have triggered this, but I couldn't find anything interesting.

Then last night while reading a book about The Tudors may 15th popped up again. Apparantly this is given as the official date when Henry VIII broke with the Church in Rome and placed himself as head of the English church due a parliamentary meeting held on that date. The book explained that it was dramatic and that people feared the consequences both from a religious perspective (would they all go to hell?) and from a personal one (would they be arrested, tortured and burned at the stake for herecy?).

Obviously I could not help but thinking of a connection. I know for sure that I lived a life during tudor times and even this incident would have taken place before I arrived in England in that life, I'm wondering if the echo of that dramatic day disturbed our sleep?

Have anyone experienced something similar? Anyone had trouble sleeping on may 15th?

Does it even make sense? :D

I'm very curious to hear your opinions! :)
 
I have so much trouble sleeping because of my work schedule before retirement that I don’t know what the cause was, but the night of the 15th I was very restless, not really sleeping at all and just “out of sorts” with something.


When I did sleep, I don’t remember any dreams, but this restless sleep may not have been conducive to dreams anyhow.


Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. :(
 
Sunniva said:
Have anyone experienced something similar? Anyone had trouble sleeping on may 15th?
Hi Sunniva!


The first possible cause that entered my consciousness has to do with the wandering electromagnetic changes in the earth and something called Electromagnetic Core-mantle Coupling. We know that there are areas of the earth in which there are unusual changes in magnetic north, which are suspected of causing navigational errors and other problems with some electronic equipment.


Although science has not adequately progressed enough to determine how this phenomenon might affect our mental perceptions, let alone whether it may also enhance psychic phenomenon; I tend to theorize that electromagnetic changes in the earth might not only affect clairvoyance to some degree, but that it may have some cyclic characteristics.


During a period in my life it became apparent to me that one particular date, May 22nd, seemed to be the occasion of personal life-changing events. Of course my rational mind is certain that there is no connection between my own experiences and possible earth changes. But, when it comes to groups of people experiencing unexplainable phenomenon, one can only theorize that there may be some common element which science has not yet been able to verify.
 
At first i was going to say something similar to what NIghttrain said but then we'll have to say that the person's dream about being tortured was just coincidence. So I guess I don't have an opinion about it.


As for me, the night of the 14, morning of the 15 I had weird dreams about tumors and ectopic pregnancies in my dog, and I think i had some troubles sleeping on the night of the 15, but nothing major, and i was also sick so it wouldn't count. Anyways, I don't think I had a life during those times.
 
Thanks for your replies :)


I'm also more inclined to think that "something was in the air". I think the theories of changes in the magnetic north is quite interesting. Even if it isn't past life related I wonder if one can connect other historical events to this phenomenon?


Staying in the Tudor context I read this morning that Anne Boleyn was put on "trial" on may 15th 1536. She was allowed to defend herself, but her sentenced was already decided and while her "male companions" (including her brother) were executed on May 17th, she herself was beheaded on the 19th.


It may just be coincidences - I'm very open to that possibility too :)
 
I had a fitful sleep on the 15th. I remember it because it was a heavy day at work and I was feeling the effects of it, sneaking off to a quiet place to catch a nap at lunchtime. (I never sleep during the workday, so napping at work is very unusual for me.) However, it was a very warm night even with the AC on and a ceiling fan going, so I attributed it to that.
 
Hmmm...how interesting Sunniva! I do wonder if there's a connection, very could well be. I know on occasion my brother and I will have similar dreams on the same night - but it is fairly rare...
 
Back
Top