• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Memories of Christmas, birthdays etc?

Sheeply

Member
Hi :) I’m off on Christmas break, woo! Which got me thinking:

Do any of you remember or know children who remember celebrating Christmas, thanksgiving, birthdays, parties or other events in past lives?

I was just curious as to what these kind of events were like in the past, in other cultures and just thought it would be a good idea to ask.
People don’t really talk about remembering those kind of things as far as I’m aware :p

Also, happy holidays!
 
I have one but it last very short. In the life that ended in the 1920's. "My man", boyfriend or husband, don't know which, calls from long distance and I am close to crying and look and see my papa sit down and look at me, but then look away, as if he has promised himself he won't go over to the phone and talk, not because he does not care about the boy, but because this is our moment. It was a sort of moment I knew I had been waiting for and it a sacred one. I hear other voices too in the background and him almost shouting, joyful happy holiday, and that they are in line (him and other people ?) Then it goes away. Not much to go by, but when I had it I was filled with her emotions and her eyes were close to crying but of a mix of joy and being touched. Al by a simple phone call.
/Jaimie
 
I have memories of celebrating Chanukah as a little girl in Prussia from my WWII lifetime. My earliest memories from that lifetime are from when I was four years old and I attended my first Shul service.

Also, I remember celebrating a lot of Jewish Holy Days in that lifetime. Also remember visiting the hidden Shul for service in the attic of the Sapper Barracks (Housed the elderly) in Theresienstadt Ghetto.

Eva x
 
I remember that it was unusual for me to have a Christmas tree and first time having it was when moving to the US (from Italy).
 
Back
Top