• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Multiple memories!

belleindigo

New Member
I'm 24 years old now. When I was little, though, I had two dreams that were very different from my normal dreams. Then I had a new one just a few months ago. Normally, my dreams are pretty abstract and difficult to remember. These dreams, though, stood out in my mind very strongly. So much so that I even mentioned it to my family members a few times, but I just earned some funny looks and laughs. I can't differentiate them from memories, except that I know they never happened to me. (There were more that I remember talking about and thinking about, but growing up has made me forget all the rest).

Please forgive any grammatical/spelling errors in this! :) Towards the end, especially, I was getting very tired of remembering and feeling it all. I'd like to mention that every bit of this is true and exactly as remembered. However, it's all described from my point of view PLUS the point of the few of the past me (if that is the case and not just a dream). So, sometimes, especially in the last memory, it can be very hard to determine what thoughts were mine and what thoughts are my current assessment of the situation. I don't know why I have so many. I'm not really big into this kind of thing, and I don't really read about it at all (Sorry!) Even if you don't believe it, then I hope you still find my stories to be entertaining. :)

Here's the first one I can remember.

I was a very small child, and I was walking across a wide open field. The grass was very marshy. I remember thinking it was "like a swamp," because I was very excited about the castle we were going to see. It was a very small castle, but I thought of it as really big. It was some sort of group tour. I was holding a woman's hand, but I didn't look up at her. I looked down at my self because I wanted to look at my brand new shoes, and I felt very dressed up and proud. (I don't know whether I was a boy or a girl because the clothing was pretty ambiguous and I don't remember any thoughts that would clue me in. The behavior and the "boyish" attitude I had might indicate I was a male, but I can't be sure). I looked up at the sky during the walk and it was a very dark grey. (I didn't feel like this was out of the usual at all, so with all these clues, I think this might have been Scotland). Anyway, when we finally get into the castle, I'm not paying much attention to the lady whose talking to everyone else. I'm looking around at the tapestries and the stuff on the shelves. Nothing too exciting, but it's pretty cool. As we moved through the rooms, I was REALLY impressed by the thing that moved food to the lower story. I really, really wanted to ride it. Next, we got to my favorite part - the "dungeon." The last thing I remember is being disappointed when this "dungeon" had no shackles or cages. I asked the tour guide about it, and other people began chuckling.

I've grown to like this memory now that I'm an adult. It's so cute. When I was a kid, though, I would ask my mom about the "time we went to the castle" and she would just look so confused. We've never been out of the U.S., by the way.


The next one I was older, maybe a preteen or a little older. The fact that I had this dream when I was not yet a preteen makes this even curiouser. I don't remember why, but I was skipping through the house I lived in. As I headed towards the open entrance door, I saw a small group of adult women sitting outside. Then I hit the door that I had not seen closed and fell backwards on my butt, flooding with embarrassment. The woman closest to the door looked back in surprise and then started laughing. (I think it was a glass or screen door that I hit). In the few seconds between seeing them and hitting the door, I can remember how they looked. They were sitting at a table and they were wearing pretty, wide-brimmed hats. The one closest to the door wore a white hat. They were dressed very nicely and I knew that we lived in a wide open area with plains and no other houses near us.

That's all I remember. The whole thing was probably five seconds long.

The most recent memory is by far the strangest, and I had it all written out but I deleted it. I have very good reason to believe it did not take place on Earth. That's why I won't share it yet, unless someone expresses that they'd like to read it. I read in the rules that the board doesn't really agree with "science-fiction-y" memories. It isn't fantasy-esque in the least, but there was no spoken language. We communicated in the simplest way possible. Emotions. And thoughts. I wouldn't call it telepathy, but rather just "openness."
 
Welcome to the forum. Your dreams do indeed sound like past life memories. Even the last one that may have been somewhere other than Earth. While many of us here do believe life on other planets is possible, maybe even probable, the forum owners would rather we not discuss that in the public area. You can discuss it in private messages. Take a look around the forum and read the old messages and look at the videos. There is also a book list if you would like to read more about reincarnation. Let us know if you remember anything else that could be past life.
 
That's interesting. The Scottish lifetime sounds post WWII. I think that's when tours of estates started for the public. Someone from the U.K. can correct me if I'm wrong. Most small children in the U.S. wouldn't be familiar with dumb-waiters. Do you have any feelings about the time period for the ladies in hats? They stopped being fashionable in the 1960's.
 
BriarRose said:
Do you have any feelings about the time period for the ladies in hats? They stopped being fashionable in the 1960's.
Didn't Jackie Kennedy wear pill box hats? Her husband is the reason men stopped wearing hats in the 60's.
 
She did, but soon thereafter, they ceased to be worn very much. Ascot, the Kentucky Derby, and royal weddings seem to be the only places hats of that type are de rigeur. I think in the U.K. they may still be worn to weddings, in general, but belleindigo was on the plains. Was it the U.S.A., belle?
 
I'm very sure it was the U.S. because the style of the house was very "Southern American." I have the feeling that it's around the Kansas/Oklahoma/Missouri area, too. I live in Oklahoma now, so the plains were a little familiar, but we have more trees here than in the memory. Also, there were definitely cars at this time. I remember a driveway and dirt roads, but I couldn't say what style they were.
 
Did you get a good enough look at the hats, or the cars, to get a decade? Could you tell the skirt length the women were wearing?
 
Had to do some digging, but it was just like this one only with a smaller ribbon. and the hat itself was white.


Womens-Straw-Hat.jpg



I couldn't see what the other ladies were wearing. They were obscured by the table and the doorframe, but the lady who saw me was facing so that I could see her from the side. Her dress with white and fairly flat against her frame. It was a lot like this one, but without all of that lace detailing and it was ankle-length. Maybe they were just about to leave for an event of some kind. I didn't know. I was aware of the car out front, but I'm sorry I can't give more detail. I just know it had that bubbled look like many 40s-60s cars do. But then, they might have just had a vintage car. I'm trying not to make too many assumptions, haha xD


vintageweddingdress.jpg
 
The dress in the picture is an Edwardian adaption. The Edwardian era, lasted from 1901 to 1910. The fashion was probably worn all the way through the first world war, and after. The hat could be from many different eras, but would be appropriate with the dress. Pretty things, aren't they?
 
Very pretty, haha.


I hadn't thought of the dress as Edwardian in style before. Do you think maybe this had something to do with The Kentucky Derby? That phrase always did sound so familiar to me. I just learned what it was a few months ago.
 
It's possible, although the dream sounded more like Kansas. Can you describe the surrounding countryside. Wikipedia says that the Derby has been run continuously since 1875.
 
Back
Top