• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My 2-yr-old obsessed with past life... Need help

My little one is fine now

My dear friends,

Sorry I've been absent for so long. So much has been going on that I don´t even know where to begin. We had to leave the country in South America where we were living and moved to the States. It was a painful move because we left due to political persecution not necessarily because we wanted to, yet at the same time, we are so much happier now as a family. We spent a few months living out of suitcases, from one family home to another, until we finally settled up north. Now we have a home, I have a job (I'm lucky to have double citizenship), and my little daughter spends most of her day with dad and is starting to make new friends and learn English. They learn so fast!

I am really summarizing a good five months of running around, but I do want to say that our daughter's memories inspired us to stay strong and move fast and with intention to give her the stability she needed in order to recover. I have to thank Carol too because I mentioned the political instability in my birth country and she encouraged us to distance ourselves from anything that could prompt her for having to relive any traumas and experiences. It is so true we are attracted to them like magnets. At some point in our many lives we get the chance to see that and, if we're lucky, say, no more. If she hadn't remembered, we probably would still be there, waiting.

So I have GRAND news. My daughter has not spoken or said anything about her past life in about 2-3 months. I realize at some point in her life they might come around, but it is just so amazing to see how she has bloomed and is living like any other "normal" kid. Her phobias seem to be gone... No fear of cops, or sirens (she actually really likes firetrucks now). No fear of dogs (she wants one). No fear of dresses (she loves to wear them and usually goes for them first). We went to see fireworks for 4th of July. Nothing. We watched some opera a couple days ago, she got bored. No nightmares (I mean, no past-life nightmares. She has normal kid nightmares like she didn't get the ice cream she wanted). No mention of you-know-who.

The thing is that she does have an amazing memory and likes to talk about our home country, and her cousins and friends. She misses them. But she has parted ways with the fear, and I can see it in her shining eyes how she craves to live, and paint, and dance, and learn. I'm so thankful.

I'm thankful she is doing better and that we as a family are doing better. But I am also thankful we lived what we lived and were given the chance to channel that, as painful as it all was. All of it was worth it if it meant giving my daughter a second chance. A calmer life.

And boy, is she strong-willed! It is going to be a long ride because not only she seems unafraid but fearless. Of course I am not surprised after everything she went through, but I now know a new meaning for patience. I'm thinking hockey team for her teen years...

Much love,

Sofia

Wow! This is great news. That's for keeping us informed. More vindication that what Carol is doing is correct.

Hi Sofiajt,

Please do keep us posted. And yes...Carol is awesome. I wish there were more regressionists/people like her. I am so happy your little one is doing well and she was able to help you.

Nightmares

Hi Friends!

Just a quick update because I think it's important I keep informing you of what's going on with my daughter. I was talking recently to a friend about her and remembering all that happened last year. The difference is simply amazing, night and day really. I think the biggest difference is that her rage is gone! It's amazing to see her growing into such a happy, loving, quick child.

However, she does have nightmares still once in a while. Once every two, three weeks maybe. Although they have become more part of her subconscious. So know instead of men attacking her or her family, it will be monsters or wolves, but the some of the details are still there. I imagine this is something that could manifest itself throughout her life.

How have you, my friends, coped with the nightmares? Has regression (not that I would regress my daughter, I still think she's too young) help you in your adult life to get past them?

thanks!

Sofia

My middle child suffered from night terrors. The only thing that *seemed* to help was taking off a blanket after she fell asleep. She would fall asleep cold, but then quickly heat up. The heat, I think, triggered a fight-or-flight response in her, hence the terrors.

Other than that, I would say, just hang in there. These, too, will fade over time.

I am sorry for your difficulties. I do not thing "messing with anyone's chakra" is wise...for one how do you know the person knows what he/she is doing, further I do not believe that is even possible to do so without some adverse reaction. I strongly suggest that you ignore all this stuff about "closing her chakra", just my 2 cents. Everything is the way it is supposed to be, just comfort her..."

sofiajt said:
Hi,
Just started reading Carol´s book, but my husband and I need some urgent help and support right now... My little one is almost 2 years old (22 months) and started talking about a month ago, and as soon as she started to communicate she began talking about her past life. She remembers very detailed aspects of what I think was a very violent death, possibly during war or a dictartorship, maybe as a prisoner somewhere in Latin America (both my husband and I are from Latin America). She uses very specific references such as "muchachos", "no quiero morir", "los perros se comen los vestidos y los pies", etc. There is a man with sunglasses and a half-grown beard, that she calls "el papo" who comes to take her in a car with a siren (police car?), kills her mom and her little brother. There are a lot of more details that I really don´t want to go into (like her being tied down)... But I´m really worried because is seeping in into her everyday activities, such as taking baths which she´s afraid of, she´s having recurring nightmares, she´s afraid of alarms, fireworks, dogs barking, when people knock hard on our door, fear of falling... I feel like she can´t have a normal kid´s life, and I don´t know what to do. We try to distract her, take her to the park, listen to music, do some painting, visit family, but it´s getting worse by the day.

I understand that past life regression really helps, but I feel like she is too young to understand and to be able to split that reality with this one. We don´t let her watch any violent shows or anything, but even very gentle shows are starting to trigger memories (like Caillou... Pocoyo, anything that reminds her of her little brother).

A friend told us that maybe we need to "close down her chakra", but I don´t know what that means... But if anyone has gone through a similar experience and has some advice, we´d really, really, really appreciate it.

all the best and thank you,

sofía

Back