• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My 20month old grandson definately remembers

pegasus

Senior Registered
He has been fasinating......he remembers alright,and his memorys are from the last 20/30 years I'd say.
He loves cars....he can watch car racing on TV for ages at a time.He also seems to know what to do with a car as he has demonstrated .Infact,when we went to a place that had one of those car racing games the kids actually sit in.(he was 12 months old exactly)he squirmed out of my arms and tottled off to it,climbed up, and grabbed the steering wheel and leaned over on his right side and changed gear.(in New Zealand we drive on the opposite side), and proceeded to drive it.....got real frustrated when he couldn't reach the pedals too.
Another thing he obviously remembers is an old dail Telephone.
I got one at a garage sale , still in working order.He was delighted when he saw it, and promptly sat down and put the reciever to his ear and dialed several no.s .He then started talking into it.
We only have push button phones.....and they look completely different to an old dial up one.
He's funny, he gestures a lot when he 'talks',and is most emphatic about what ever it is he thinks he's saying.....and gets very upset if I don't seem to understand him.
He also loves books,and sits for up to half an hour 'reading'.....my books....as well as his.
I think this child will have lots to tell when he CAN talk.



Pegasus
 
Hi Pegasus,


I just wondered....when your grandson dials those phone numbers, does he dial just random numbers or is he dialing them always in the same order....like part of, or a complete phone number?
Love to hear more !


Greetings,

Eevee
 
I know it sounds daft but....

I've not managed to be close enough to him when he's dialing to see which no.s they are.He always looks like he's concentrating so hard too.
My daughter usually just says "Mum, he's doing it again" and if I were to suddenly dash across the room to see ,I'd probably scare the daylights out of him....lol
But will try to see what he dialing next time. :D



Pegasus
 
If this is past life related, maybe he 'remembers' the telephone number of his home, his office, a friend...
It might be useful to note it down if he repeats the same numbers, it might give a clue to the location of his past life, later, if more memories come up.

Eevee
 
iT'S BEEN A WHILE BUT.....

There is a definate idea with us all that our wee fellow was around during the 1970's. (He'll be 2 yrs old next month)
he gets really excited when he hears music of those years....The Carpenters in particular....also Elvis....lol
The no's he was dialing on the old dial phone started 798.....
those no's he pressed always, and always in that order.
He's a very forward wee boy in many ways,and very serious. Just starting to talk too, so am waiting patiently to see what he'll have to tell us.
Oh, almost forgot......he gets very upset when he sees car crashes on the TV. Still very interested in cars too.

Any way, thats the catch up so far.....

Pegasus
 
update

Thanks for the update, Pegasus. I look forward to hearing more about your grandson when he begins to talk more.. Have you investigated whether 798 is an area code? Please keep us posted.
Liz
 
I looked it up and 798 is an area code in Vietnam.....

I'd be more inclined to think that it was the 1st 3 digits of the regular 7 digits in a phone # though....my hometown is so small that the entire town has the same area code and then 1st 3 digits....

Very interesting though....I used to have a cat that loved oldies music...she would put her ear right up to the speaker but only if it was music from the 60's &70's even if it was on TV!!:)
 
Back
Top