• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My 3 year old daughter has just started telling us some of her past life memories

teal

New Member
My daughter had been telling us for a while now things that she did when she was "growed up", but to tell you the truth, I thought it was just something kids did. But recently she has said some things that really made me believe she's been having past life memories.
One day me and my fiance were bouncing a small blown up balloon back and forth to each other and my daughter said (very matter of factly) "when I was growed up, I used to play cattlebags." I tried to get a little more information from her, but she could tell I was excited so she just started being silly. And another time we were outside and she was just playing quietly and just out of the blue told me when she was growed up she had a bloodhound. I tried looking up cattle bags and it is a such thing, but it's not a "game" . So I was hoping, maybe by posting this, maybe someone would know anything more about cattle bags? Maybe a time frame or area? Or just some feed back would be great, Thanks. :D
 
Welcome to the forum Teal,

I don't know anything about cattle bags -but maybe someone here does. I hope so -*S*S*S Are you keeping a journal of the little things she says? It might be helpful in the future.

Please keep us posted on your daughters expressions and memories.
 
Balloon

Hi Teal,

Perhaps your daughter was referring to a game which involved an object similar to a balloon.

I have been playing with the word "cattle bag" and found out that "kettle bag" is a (linen etc.) bag used to protect kettles from damage. Perhaps such a kettle bag was sometimes used for ball games?
Just speculating.

Best wishes,

Titus
 
Hi Teal,

Could your daughter have used the term "play" because of her current age - but perhaps be recalling chores, or even a livilihood involving cattle bags? I believe cattle bags are feed bags essentially. Since small feed bags are often resemble a balloon in shape, perhaps she's onto something. Has she ever been exposed to such a thing? Probably not or you wouldn't be on the forum. Always interesting, good luck!
 
Re: My 3 year old daughter has just started telling us some of her past life memories

Originally posted by teal

One day me and my fiance were bouncing a small blown up balloon back and forth to each other and my daughter said (very matter of factly) "when I was growed up, I used to play cattlebags." I tried looking up cattle bags and it is a such thing, but it's not a "game" . So I was hoping, maybe by posting this, maybe someone would know anything more about cattle bags? Maybe a time frame or area? Or just some feed back would be great, Thanks. :D


I was just browsing, but I thought I should probably input...

You might try asking her more about the cattlebags again, or see if you can get some sort of information about the time or place. Farmers (settler era is when I heard of it, but they could have been doing it long before and after) would sometimes take the bladders of slaughtered animals, blow them up like balloons and give them to their children to play with.
 
Bladder

As a vegan I'd like to have been right about the kettle rather than cattle bags, but "visitor" seems to be absolutely correct.

According to an online encyclopedia: early balloons were made of dried animal bladders .

On this site we see an early example.

I've also read on several websites that there is a passage in "Little House in the Big Woods" about Laura and Mary Ingalls using a pig's bladder as a balloon. That would be in the 19th century.

To be more precise, the book "Little House in the Big Woods" covers the late 1870s.

According to this site, pig bladders were also used as "re-breathing bags".

Titus
 
Thanks everyone for the great input, I really appreciate it.
Well because of the suggestion, I have recently started a journal so I can keep track of everything she says. I have tried to casually ask her some more questions, but maybe I'm not doing it at the right time, because she's not giving me anymore to go on right now.
You know, it's amazing that just a few sentences from her opened a whole new door for me. I'm looking at everything so differently now. Well, thanks again for all the great feedback, it gives me a place to start.
 
A cultural event

>According to an online encyclopedia: early balloons were made >of dried animal bladders .

There is a cultural event where I live where those type of "balloons" are still used. Its called the "Hämdeglunki" where all people where old fashioned Pyjamas and play with that "Saubloodere" (pig bladder) which they use to hit each other. Its part of the carnival in south-western Germany (celecebrated by the "Alemmanen").

If it is related to such an event, you may try to drop an "allemanic" Word, for example "gugge" (which might be read "googga" if you want to read it korrekt in english) and see, if she reacts to it. This would definatly be related to the allemanic "fasnet"

Greetings, Andreas
 
Back
Top