Hi all - I'd be grateful for some advice. Recently while on holiday my three and a half year old daughter, Ella, shared what seems to be a past life story.
I am open to these things - so that is not the issue. The issue is that she seems a little traumatised by what happened. She says that she and her partner were killed by two men in green (sounds like army uniform?) right after they killed the children. The children, she says, were not hers, because she and her hunsband could not have children. I am finding it hard to navigate my way on this site and so far have only found one useful exerpt from a book which talks about how to talk to children. I have been doing all the right things it seems, but now I am worried because she has clammed up about it.
It all came up on a beach holiday. She says that the house they used to live in was up high and over the beach. Well, we were satying at a holiday house up high and on the beach so perhaps that triggered her memory? I have been taking notes and have a transcript of what she has said if someone wants to read it, I just really would appreciate advice on how to help her heal the past pain and how to encouage her to talk without falling into the trap of making her shut out the memories even more because it hurts too much.
Key points she has told me are:
· A long, long time ago I was a mummy, but I didn’t have any children.
· We didn’t have any children, so we looked and looked for children. Because we didn’t have any children of our own we thought we might get some.
· We found some children but one night when we were sleeping there were very scary monsters and they came and woke up the children and killed the children and then they woke up me and the daddy and they killed us too.
· I don’t want to talk about it. It was very scary and it was a long long time ago.
· There were 4 children
· The monsters knocked the house down with hammers
· Then the monsters killed us
· The monsters were people: two boys dressed in green with hats and boots
· There were girl monsters too but they were nice to us
· I don’t want to talk about it because it makes me sad
· Our house was over the beach
· We had 2 aeroplanes one was ours and one belonged to 5 people
· The 5 people were mummies who wanted children
· They came to us and we would give them children
· Our plane was dark pink and their plane was white
· We would take the plane to the beach
· 5 people came
· The people were mummies who wanted babies and I gave them babies
· The house had a room for the children but it was empty
· It was empty because the monster boys came and got them
· The house was up high.
(On this day I asked Ella to paint a picture of when she was a mummy and she said “no because it makes me feel sad. Then that day I asked her to draw a picture of the two boy monsters and she drew a picture of two people with large boots and hats. I have never seen her draw boots on a person before. She wanted to give the picture to Grandpa and I asked her to tell grandpa the story when she would see him but she said “no I don’t want to tell him because it will make him sad)
Now - about 10 days later, she will not tell me anything more and insist that it makes her feel too sad. I feel the need to help her recall and help her liberate these feelings. One thing for sure, it has helped me understand her personality a lot more. She is a real 'fighter'.
Any advice, thoughts or comments gratefully received,
With thanks,
j.
I am open to these things - so that is not the issue. The issue is that she seems a little traumatised by what happened. She says that she and her partner were killed by two men in green (sounds like army uniform?) right after they killed the children. The children, she says, were not hers, because she and her hunsband could not have children. I am finding it hard to navigate my way on this site and so far have only found one useful exerpt from a book which talks about how to talk to children. I have been doing all the right things it seems, but now I am worried because she has clammed up about it.
It all came up on a beach holiday. She says that the house they used to live in was up high and over the beach. Well, we were satying at a holiday house up high and on the beach so perhaps that triggered her memory? I have been taking notes and have a transcript of what she has said if someone wants to read it, I just really would appreciate advice on how to help her heal the past pain and how to encouage her to talk without falling into the trap of making her shut out the memories even more because it hurts too much.
Key points she has told me are:
· A long, long time ago I was a mummy, but I didn’t have any children.
· We didn’t have any children, so we looked and looked for children. Because we didn’t have any children of our own we thought we might get some.
· We found some children but one night when we were sleeping there were very scary monsters and they came and woke up the children and killed the children and then they woke up me and the daddy and they killed us too.
· I don’t want to talk about it. It was very scary and it was a long long time ago.
· There were 4 children
· The monsters knocked the house down with hammers
· Then the monsters killed us
· The monsters were people: two boys dressed in green with hats and boots
· There were girl monsters too but they were nice to us
· I don’t want to talk about it because it makes me sad
· Our house was over the beach
· We had 2 aeroplanes one was ours and one belonged to 5 people
· The 5 people were mummies who wanted children
· They came to us and we would give them children
· Our plane was dark pink and their plane was white
· We would take the plane to the beach
· 5 people came
· The people were mummies who wanted babies and I gave them babies
· The house had a room for the children but it was empty
· It was empty because the monster boys came and got them
· The house was up high.
(On this day I asked Ella to paint a picture of when she was a mummy and she said “no because it makes me feel sad. Then that day I asked her to draw a picture of the two boy monsters and she drew a picture of two people with large boots and hats. I have never seen her draw boots on a person before. She wanted to give the picture to Grandpa and I asked her to tell grandpa the story when she would see him but she said “no I don’t want to tell him because it will make him sad)
Now - about 10 days later, she will not tell me anything more and insist that it makes her feel too sad. I feel the need to help her recall and help her liberate these feelings. One thing for sure, it has helped me understand her personality a lot more. She is a real 'fighter'.
Any advice, thoughts or comments gratefully received,
With thanks,
j.