• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

my childhood experience and a few questions to answer.

elaine sullivan

Senior Registered
Hi there,
This is my first time on a forum and the first time I have ever really tried to investigate the experience I had when I was a child (except for asking my family members). I never knew that children having past lives was a pretty common thing. I find it fascinating reading these stories that are very similar to mine and would like to share what happened to me and my family during this time in my life. It all started a few weeks before my 4th birthday. My parents were trying to get me all excited about turning 4 and being a big girl and having a birthday party (like parents do!!) and it was during this time that I started telling my parents that I didn't want to turn 4. I went on to tell them that I didn't want to turn 4 because that was how old I was when I died. I told them I was a boy before, my name was john (no last name) I lived on Collins drive and when I was 4 years old I died. I even remembered how I died. My father, in my previous life, told me not to play wiht his tools that he kept in his basement. When my father left I picked up his tools and I died. As a child this part confused me because it was so very frightening to me ( I can still remember the fear that I felt as an almost4 year old remembering this) but I believe that my father killed me when he found me playing with his tools. I am not positive about this because I don't remember telling my family that. I believe I told them I died because of the tools, maybe an accident.
Anyway, I told this same story over and over again and I started becoming very anxious and more frightened as my birthday got closer. I have been told by my oldest sister, who is 11 years older, that my parents had No Idea what to do with me and were even considering taking me to a psychiatrist, which to me was a huge surprise, because my parents are very private people. So I must have REALLY scared them. My brother said he remembers telling me over and over to stop lying and to repeat the story over again so he could catch me in a lie. But I never changed my story.
It all came to a head on my 4th birthday. The image is so clear in my mind. My mother, rocking her 4 year old little girl as she sobs, saying "See, it's ok to be 4, nothing bad will happen". After this day it all stopped. I didn't speak of it as a little girl again. It wasn't until I was a little older that I started to think about that time in my life. I have asked my parents about it as an adult but, being very strict catholic, they don't like to discuss it. I believe it still bothers them to this day. I went to catholic school and asked my religion teacher about it, but he said little kids have big imaginations. i don't buy that. I am a mother now and have a 9, 7 and 2 year old. I know the limitations of a childs imagination.
I know this is long and I'm sorry i do have 2 questions. Is it more common for a child to remember a bad or even terrorfying past life or are there pleasant memories too. and my second question is... has there ever been a documented case of a family history of remembering past lives (i.e. can it run in families)?
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this, I can't wait to hear from you!!!
Elaine
 
What we remember

Is it more common for a child to remember a bad or even terrifying past life or are there pleasant memories too?
I think that past life memories, like present life memories, tend to be about those events that leave strongest impression on our psyche. Tragedy has a way of occuring in an instant and making deepest scars, while pleasant experiences unfold over longer duration and leave shallower imprint on our psyche. Past life memories are usually in the nature of brief flashes and thus more likely to be related to tragic events of the past. Those who have extensive past life memories are more likey to have memories of happier times also.
 
welcome

Elaine,
Welcome to the forum. What you describe has all the hallmarks of a genuine past life memory. I have heard of memories surfacing because of fear about a certain age. By this I mean, we may have internalized info about our age at our last (or another significant) death and we dread this approaching age for an often unknown reason. Because your death was so early and you were at the age most common for recall of past lives, it was able to bubble to the surface.
Glad you came here. Have you read Carol's books? They may answer many of your questions.
Liz :D
 
Night terrors

Thank you Liz and Kris for your replies. ( I haven't had much time to respond until now, sorry ) I haven't read any of Carol's books yet, but I just ordered Children's Past Lives and can't wait to get it home to read. I am hoping that there will be a section on the connection between night terrors and past lives. I have a 22 month old little boy who has been having night terrors ever since he was a newborn. Just about every night he has one, and a lot of times he wakes up screaming. When he was an infant I thouht he was just having gas, but the screaming in the night has never stopped. I have seriously had only a handfull of full nights sleep since he was born. he started crawling out of his crib when he was not even 1 and has been getting up in the middle of the night to come sleep with me since then. I am thinking he could be having this nightmares because of his past life. I have no other explanation of why he would be having such bad dreams. He is afraid of the dark and of having shirts put on over his head. Now I'm thinking these fears could also be connected to a past life. I was wondering if either of you have had any experience with or heard of any babies having night terrors since birth, and turning out to be because of a past life?
Thanks again for your insight!
Elaine
 
Back
Top