• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My first attempts at past life meditation

Cheeky Monkey

New Member
Hello, everyone! I am new to the forum but I would like to share some memories of past lives, that I have experienced from my first attempts at meditation...

I was male and in my early-mid twenties. I think the year was 1815 and that I was in the Caribbean. I wore a brown coat, brown breeches, a white ruffled shirt, white stockings, black shoes and a brown tricorn hat. I am not sure if I wore a wig but I think I did. I had some papers in my hand and I think I had a telescope. I felt like an important man. It was dusk but I was looking out across the bay. Then, I was up a hill, looking down towards the bay. It looked like English Harbour, in Antigua, and there were a lot of boats. I saw the front of a wooden boat, close up. It had a really long pole sticking straight out from the front and there were lots of ropes and rigging. It had gouges down the side. I am not sure whether two boats collided, whether it was shipwrecked, whether I was pushed in the water, or whether I jumped, but I ended up in the sea. I remember being on a sandy beach and I could see a hole and a pile of sand, as if I had just dug something up. I had a vision of someone tied, by their feet, hanging off the back of a boat. Their head was beneath the sea as the boat moved along. :eek: I felt that we had been in cahoots and had plotted to do something. It felt like they were being punished for being part of this scheme. :( I looked up from the beach and, on top of a hill/cliff, I saw a bright white lighthouse. There was a dark-haired, bearded man, a woman and a boy. I do not know if the man was me, or whether this family took me in. I saw myself, much older, as I lay dead/dying. It seemed as if I had died naturally, in my sleep.

The time before, I had seen myself on a beach and felt like it was the Caribbean. I had a white shirt on and 3/4 trousers. I remember being underwater and a turtle swimming above me. I now feel that the second meditation was linked to the first . I am hoping my next attempt will reveal even more detail.

I have tried to do some research about the things I saw. The style of boat, dress and the type of punishment (which I now know to be keel hauling) were all around in 1815. It's nice to have these things validated. :)
 
Hi Cheeky Monkey - ;)


Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your meditation results....not bad at all for a first timer!


Are you keeping a journal? It's always a good idea to write down all the details of a meditation, you'll soon be so glad that you did later on when trying to fit all the pieces of the puzzle together.


Good luck with any further meditating, and please keep us updated if you learn any more from this lifetime.


In the meantime, feel free to jump in with any of the discussions, or if you have any questions, just ask away!


Chris - :D
 
Hi Cheeky Monkey welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing with us. I hope you will enjoy your time here and I look forward to hearing of any updates you might have.
 
Hi Cheeky Monkey and welcome to the forum! I also agree with keeping a journal that you can go back to later on, you will see how different pieces of the puzzle will start falling into place.


If I may ask, what meditation technique did you use? Was it any guided meditation? I am always curious as to what works for different people :)
 
Hi! Thank you for the very warm welcome. :D


In answer to your question, Kislany, I did use a guided meditation cd - William Buhlman's Explore Your Past Lives.


I used it again, this morning, but what I saw wasn't half as clear as the time before. It seemed like a memory of being on the Titanic, or something very similar. I couldn't really make much sense of it. I don't know if I lived, or died. I was a little girl this time. I saw lots of drowned bodies, animal skulls, lifeboats and searchlights. It was all very dark and I was just plain confused! I want more information though!!! Does anyone else suffer from having really fantastic visions of past lives, only to have a hazy one the next time? Please tell me this is normal... :confused:
 
Hello CHeeky Monkey.


Your recall was detailed..It is wild isnt it to have things factually collaborated.


What sort of gut reactions did you have to all of it..?? .Alot of water scenes going on.. Have you had any relationship with feelings about water this life.??


Have you asked yourself if you know those same souls this life, If so you can look at how you relate and come to understand maybe with other past life recall what sort of karmic feelings you are holding onto.


Yes sometimes I will not get detail.. Sometimes if I spend more time on these , it turns out that I do remember the needed detail to put things together.. Sometimes I am blocked in the painful memory of the detail, sometimes it is because I am wanting to remain in denial of a certain lesson or I just did not have the experience and thus needed courage to process it all.


.. I have found it is important to push myself to remember and go through the proper stages and cycles.. I think it is somewhat similar to the stages that Elizabeth Kubler Ross talks about in stages of grief.. http://changingminds.org/disciplines/change_management/kubler_ross/kubler_ross.htm


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model


Regression work added to helping me to see that it does no good staying stuck in a stage..


I could see the whole picture by seeing how I related to the people all along in my historical past and through seeing the dysfunctional patterns it made me want to change for the better.


I could see how my lack of processing my feelings only prevented me from having faith in love and gods goodness. It took some courage facing some of my feelings but it was worth the work as it helped me find more peace and happiness.


Best of luck.. it is an interesting adventure.


soulfreindly.
 
I think it all depends on the frame of mind you're in when you meditate. To remember anything at all can be considered a success. I'll often meditate five or six times and see absolutely nothing, then the next time I'll recall loads of vividly detailed memories. So I don't think you can really classify 'normal', as it seems to work differently for each individual.


Maybe your memories were not from the Titanic, but from a different shipwreck. Do you have any feeling for the time period? Do you remember what kind of clothes you were wearing? Were you in the water? or still on the sinking ship?


Sorry for all the questions, but sometimes, if you think about these things, some more memories that you had forgotten about can pop up in your mind - :)
 
Water...


Hello, soulfreindly!


You asked if I have any feelings towards water in this life...yes, I do! I really dislike water. I can swim but I didn't learn until I was about 10 cos of my fear, I suppose. I don't even like getting my face wet in the shower! :eek: My husband once tried to get me into snorkelling and it took me an hour just to put my face in the water!!! :eek: Also, on TV, when the camera starts to submerge and you can see half above, and half below the water, I feel like I can't breathe. :eek: A psychic once told me that I'd been a German pilot, crashed into a lake and drowned! :eek: The water thing isn't looking too good for me, right?!? All of my meditations, so far, have involved me being under the water at some stage. :eek: What does it all mean?!? :confused:
 
Welcome Cheeky Monkey,


Thanks for sharing your story. :)

Does anyone else suffer from having really fantastic visions of past lives, only to have a hazy one the next time? Please tell me this is normal...
Different levels of recall are quite common and no experiences are ever the same. No worries ;) Consciousness will take you where you need to be - so just relax and allow it to take you.


You can always try asking for Clarity Now to get more information and detail.


Best of luck,


Ailish
 
Hi, Chris!


Well, you asked me a lot of good questions...here goes...


As the cd told me to open the gate, I could see I was a girl before I opened it, and I could see searchlights through the crack in the gate. When it asked me to look at my body, I saw nothing at all - just darkness all around me.


I saw images of very glamorous ladies' heads and, going off their hair and hats, it was the early 1900's.


I seemed to be underwater and could see animal skulls and drowned people with bulging eyes and really exaggerated expressions of fear on their faces. :eek:


I seemed to be looking down on the ship, from above. I was a little girl and seemed to be quite well dressed. I was running around on deck (the pointy bit of the ship) but I don't know whether I was just playing, being chased, or trying to find someone. I held a doll, with blonde, curly hair. I saw a man's leg and foot, as if I was being carried upside down. :confused:


I was at water level again and could see lots of lifeboats and searchlights. I seemed to be peeping around something, as if I was hiding. I saw what looked like a sheep (?!?) bobbing about in the water. Then, it was if I was in one of the lifeboats, looking over the edge. I saw a man float past. His nose was sticking out of the water but the rest of his features hardly broke the surface. :(


I was underwater at some point and could see dark shapes passing above me. I think it was the bottoms of the lifeboats I could see and about 5 of them went above me, one after the other.


I saw the image of two ladies. An older one, standing (grandmother?) and a younger one, sitting (mother?). They were both crying and dressed in black. I don't know if this was on the ship, or in a very posh house. I saw teacups falling and one seemed to have a pink rose, near the top, surrounded by blue leaves/vines. I can't quite remember when this happened within my meditation though.


So, what do you think? The fashions, and ship fit with the Titanic era but it could well be another ship entirely. I know nothing about other ship disasters. As for the sheep I saw, it could have been an Airdale dog (which have sheep-like faces to me). There were dogs on board, by all accounts. Everything was so dark and fuzzy though. Not nice at all. :(
 
Hi CHeeky Monkey.


That sounds like those memories can teach your of some of you underlying thoughts about life and relations and love .. That is the adventure of it all. At first for me it looked overwhelming.. I had so many feelings and it was scarey to think I could come up again and not have those feelings pressuring me.


I guess I relate to the water theme as water played a big role in my spiritual work. I had had a near drowning at age 3 , with a near death experience which put me in the mood for being extra sensitive to my fathers feelings , funnily enough about water.. So I was very in tune , albeit subconsciously to his fear of water and how that fear reflected on me and his karma.


Growing up I was buffeted by his influence on me. Then through therapy work I came to understand why I truly felt the way I do . It meant seeing my past life relations as well.


I remembered several key lives not all having to do with my father ,. THen one life showed up with the water theme , I remembered a life where I had invited my now father/ then freind on the high seas. We ended up capsizing and dieng and I felt terribly guilty.. This was a recurring theme throughout my karma.. that of feeling overly guilty for things.


This life I was extra sensitive to my dads feelings I think through our common phobia about water { he ran from out of the rain, did not take showers or baths } and I picked up a bit more than in other lives my anxiety about asking for his forgiveness.


This made up some of the dynamics of our relationship and lead me to get stuck in understanding what was really happening between the two of us. I now can see clearly what is his stuff and what is mine and I feel I can move forward with a clear conscience of not worrying about hurting him.


So everyones feelings and stories are of course different and through letting yourself experience what you feel from your past you can unlock your frustration and move on ..


Since you have had alot of detail of that one life.. ie you really feel it to be one of your past lives. I might ask yourself in meditation other questions like if you need to remember another life.. or who these people were. It seems our souls know what to let us remember so that we can unlock the full picture of what we need to come to terms with.


It is not always a terrible thing we did. It can feel scarey but once you let yourself see the truth it can look very silly as to why you feared it to begin with. Just growing up pains .


Soulfreindly
 
Hi, soulfreindly,


I found what you just said very interesting...

"I remembered a life where I had invited my now father/ then freind on the high seas. We ended up capsizing and dieng and I felt terribly guilty.. This was a recurring theme throughout my karma.. that of feeling overly guilty for things."
Last week's meditation left me feeling really guilty cos I felt I'd been responsible for someone's death. This week's, although I don't remember feeling guilty, made me wonder...the bit where I am hiding from the lifeboats could possibly be because I feel I don't deserve to live, for some reason...? Maybe I felt so guilty for something, even though I was only a child? Who knows? I hope to find out. Even in this life, I feel guilty about things where other people would have forgotten all about them soon after. It's certainly an interesting notion. Thank you for sharing.
 
The elements of meditation have to do with quieting your mind, being grounded in the moment, connecting with Spirit and self, stating your intention and asking for help. Go within to seek the answers - ask for clarity from the higher self - and from Spirit. ;)
 
A Regency life


Well, I meditated again this morning and had yet another past life that involved water...a recurring theme it seems...


I think it was 1812. I was a young lady (late 20s - early 30s), wearing a beautiful lilac dress. It was made of satin/silk and touched the floor. It was off the shoulder and my dark hair was up in ringlets. I wore plain, black shoes that did not seem to suit the glamorous dress at all. I was standing at the top of a grand staircase in a very posh house. I seemed to be looking for someone. There were lots of people around, laughing, drinking, smoking cigars, having fun. I moved down the staircase and headed left. I carried a blue coat, with gold trim (like a soldier's uniform). I ended up outside and went across the lawns towards the river. I looked back and could see a large, square Colonial style house. Low hanging branches brushed against my head. I saw rowing boats but no people. I carried on round the path, lifting my dress a little, to reveal white lace-trimmed petticoats. I entered the house from the opposite side. I found the man I'd been looking for. He was holding a woman in his arms - a blonde in a golden dress - and the people, who packed the room, were having a wonderful time. I saw her delicate hands clearly and she wore rings on her wedding finger. I think I wore rings on my wedding finger. They didn't see me standing there. I left and went to a building that was not very grand at all. I saw a foot against the rim of a tin bath. I thought it was mine, at first, but it wasn't. I took a simple yellow blanket and smothered the baby, I think I strangled a little girl, who was wearing a simple shift dress, and I think I drowned the little girl in the bathtub. An old lady, with grey plaited hair, and a red, woollen shawl, had her hands on my shoulders, shaking me as if I were in shock. I don't think she knew it was me that had killed the children. I fled on a tan-coloured horse. I think I rode side saddle but I'm not sure. Part of the stirrup seemed to fall off as we whizzed along. I was thrown into a pond but the horse seemed to back up, as if to pull me out - I must have kept hold of the reins. I saw a maid/servant running down a path, from a red-bricked grand house, towards the pond. I do not recollect getting to the house. I was in a bathtub and the room was empty. I submerged. I saw the bubbles, coming out of my nose, as I floated above my body. The maid/servant rushed in but it was too late.


I got the impression that I had been duped by this man, who had fathered the three children, into thinking we'd be together. I feel as if I wasn't from his social circle (the shoes, the tin bath) and that I had borrowed the dress so that I wouldn't stand out at the party.


I am a little confused as to how I can have a past life in 1812 when, during my first attempt, I got the date 1815. How can this be? :confused:
 
Hi Cheeky Monkey,


Thanks for sharing your meditation results, you've certainly had some very detailed experiences, are you writing everything down?


How did you see the dates this time and the first time? Did you see them written down somewhere? Or were you just 'aware', or just had a feeling for a particular year?


It is possible that the past life details that you remembered are correct, but it's also possible to get the dates wrong, it could have been 1615 for example, maybe one of the numbers wasn't quite clear?


Maybe next time you meditate, you should ask for a date. (see Ailish's post above)
 
Dates


Well, Chris, I am not sure if I got the dates confused, or not. I do not see the dates - I am just aware of them. Both of my past lives, in the 1800's, have things in them that 'fit' the period. So, I've come up with a theory instead... :D


What if all possible time periods exist already? What if, every time we get a new life, we go back to the time period we need, in order to learn something, irrespective of whether we've been to that time before? That would explain how I can have had a past life in 1812 and 1815. I was born in 1974 but, maybe, in my next life, I might come back in 1972, or 1976, then regress and wonder how I could ever have had a past life in 1974 too!? :laugh: It's like time is just laid out for us to dip into. Perhaps, we only perceive time as passing, the way it does, while we live that life? Maybe lives are being played out across different time periods as we speak? I've made that as clear as mud, haven't I? Sorry everyone! ;) I'll go now... :o
 
Hi Cheeky Monkey,


I know what you mean, and there are quite a few discussions on what you're saying here in the forum. The theory goes that time being linear is just an illusion that we experience in our human form, when in actual fact, everything in the past, present, and future is happening in the same instant. Whether we can actually reincarnate back in time (as we experience time) is for you to decide for yourself, some believe we do, and some don't. You may be interested to read this thread: Simultaneous Lifetimes


There is also a good book that gives an explanation to your idea, it's called The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot.


Chris - :)
 
Hi Cheeky Monkey,


Just wondering if you have any updates for us? It's been a while since you posted and I'm curious to know if you ever tried asking for clarity - and if it worked!


Aili
 
Back
Top