• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My Memories of France - The Burning Times

Truthseeker, gosh all I can say after reading this is Wow, Wow, Wow! This must be for you some wonderful validation.


It must make your own head spin to come across all this information with what was in your mind. Thanks for posting.
 
Truthseeker said:
the fool:


That is an interesting dream. As detailed and as many senses as there was involved in that scene, there may very well be more involved than just imagination. Conservative estimates are of tens of thousands of women being burned across Europe during this period. That would make for a countless number of witnesses.
Yes i've been looking for specific visceral details on actual executions, (dress witch wears when she burns, type of wood being burned, odors etc..) couldn't find anything at all and was wondering if you or anyone else remember anything specific based on your historical 'research' or otherwise.


Though come to think of it, that kind of information is difficult to comeby depending on your 'point of view' of the time. I also wonder how you are able to pinpoint what country you are in, is it based on just a 'feeling' or are there tell tale clues from what you remember?
 
I think it's hard to pinpoint details of how the executions were carried out because it probably varied from one region to the next. For example, what kind of wood they burned probably depended on what was readily available in that area.


As for what I remember, I don't know what kind of wood it was. It wasn't something that crossed my mind in that moment. I'm sure you can understand. ;) What I was wearing was a very simple garment that was an off-white color and went down to my knees. I had nothing on underneath it, and I was barefooted. With wearing only that, and it begining to snow would explain why I remember being so cold.


With knowing where I was, I seemed to be instantly aware that I was French. Lorraine is just something that popped into my head. All I can say is it's just a 'knowing.' Well, it's like remembering where your family when on vacation when you were 10 years old. You just know. But if it happened in this life, no one doubts it. The memories can be easily varified, and no one doubts that it really happened to you. Like I said, when I was 'remembering' these details, I thought that my mind was just making it up to fill in the blanks. That's why I couldn't believe it when I found records of an execution that fit all the details that I remembered.
 
A few things I found interesting that you may have missed . . .


1) Women with property were often targeted, because when they were convicted, everything they owned went to their accusers. As the only child of a shoemaker, you may have stood to inherit. Not great wealth, perhaps, but you would have been comfortable for the rest of your life.


2)You may have focused on being barefoot, because it was the first time in your life that you were not wearing shoes. Back then, having well-fitting, well-made shoes was a valuable commodity.
 
Blueheart said:
1) Women with property were often targeted, because when they were convicted, everything they owned went to their accusers. As the only child of a shoemaker, you may have stood to inherit. Not great wealth, perhaps, but you would have been comfortable for the rest of your life.
2)You may have focused on being barefoot, because it was the first time in your life that you were not wearing shoes. Back then, having well-fitting, well-made shoes was a valuable commodity.
Yeah, widows were often targeted for that reason. I heard that at one point the Church owned like 1/4th of all the land in Europe. I hadn't thought about possibly inheriting the property. The shop was on the first floor and we lived upstairs. We weren't wealthy, but we made a living.


The shoes is an interesting point. I hadn't thought of that before either. :thumbsup: Would you believe that in my current life I can't stand to be barefooted. I always need to have my feet covered, and socks aren't good enough. It has to be shoes or slippers. If I go to someone's house where I know I have to take my shoes off at the door, I'll bring my slippers with me.


I guess I should have shared that in the interesting quirks thread. Maybe I did. I don't remember.
 
Wow, those are some amazing validations, Truthseeker! I'm surprised I haven't seen this thread before.


I'm sure you know by now that Lorraine is in a mountainous part of France -- lots of people go there to ski in the winter. So for it to start snowing early October during a "mini Ice Age" probably isn't much of a stretch.
 
Thank you Jody. I did not know that Lorraine was a popular ski area. In my memories the landscape was a bit rugged. The village sat on a hill or mountain side. Wow, I can't believe all this. It gives me chills thinking about. Not chills in a bad way, but chills in an 'can't believe how the information is all fitting together' way. I hope you all know me well enough to know that I'm not making any of this up.


I looked up the surname Rosseau. It is just an alternative spelling of Rousseau, which is a descriptive name meaning to have red hair. I didn't have red hair in that life. I remember it being a dark blonde. I remember having red hair in a life since then, but that has nothing to do with this. I had to laugh a little to myself when I saw that it meant red hair. My current mom has red hair. I was born with it, but my hair ended up turning brown. It's a long story, but it seems that red hair has been somewhat of a reoccuring theme in my life. :rolleyes:
 
Wow that is incredible validation.


While reading it I was getting very angry, and I feel like it was not only from myself, but also from my French life some 200 years later. I think there was a place in my village where they had used to burn witches, none in my lifetime but there were stories and one may have even been a relative. I kept having the thought "I did it to avenge you" -- not so much Caroline specifically but anyone who was oppressed by the church and such abuse of authority. Of course this is somewhat ironic as I was a revolutionary and did my share of abusing people.... :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top