• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My past life regression with therapist trained by Michael Newton

liberty

Member
Hello all,

I finally had an 'official' past-life regression. I chose a therapist who lives about 3 hrs. from me and who trained with Michael Newton. I read all of his books and felt this approach to be just what I was looking for. It helped that there are several therapists on the website to choose from within a days drive. I chose the closest one, emailed her and liked her responses.

She called me and arranged a 45-min. phone interview and then sent a 30-min. CD so I could get used to her voice and technique. It was great to practice with her CD, knowing that I would be working with her 3 weeks later. I was at first disheartened that I had to wait so long, but reading over Michael Newton's site, I realized that was a good opportunity to prepare myself mentally. I'd never been hypnotized before and worked on learning to relax and visualize on command.

As the day drew near I got really nervous. I would be staying overnight with my sister who lives in the same city and she was excited too. No matter what happened we'd have a great time visiting, I was sure. These ideas are quite new to me but my sister's had many paranormal experiences. However, the idea of reincarnation and past lives is new to both of us.

I really expected / hoped to get to the therapist's house and dive right into a past life. I really wanted answers for the dozen or so urgent questions I have about my current life, and I looked forward to coming away with my own set of experiences like I read about in Michael's books and many other places including this forum. Well, needless to say...

...it wasn't that easy!! First of all, for some reason this therapist didn't follow the usual format for a first session via Newton's method. We should've discussed this in more detail first, probably. She didn't lead me back into childhood and then into my mother's womb and into the most recent past life; she simply asked me to go to the past life that was of the most importance for me right now. I didn't realize till afterward that this may have hindered my progress, but she felt at the time that this was a better choice for me, in light of my scary dark regression using Roger Woolger's CD, which I've written about here.

The whole thing lasted 2 1/2 hours and while I was deeply disappointed at first coming out of trance, I realized that I actually did "get somewhere" and that this is a process of growth, one that I cannot rush, no matter how much I'd like to!!

The next post is the transcript of my session.
 
Transcript of my regression Part 1


Note: My words are in normal font. (The therapist's words are in italics and parentheses.)


Floating along...


feeling totally separate from the things that I've known, a sense of freedom.


(Do you feel others around you?)


I feel something, something unpleasant. Part of my mind is resisting going anywhere. It doesn't want to go anyplace.


(Let's talk to that part of your mind that's resisting.)


Part of me is still debating if this is an appropriate thing to be doing. I'm very surprised.


(Let's talk to that part of you. You know that part of you. How would we like to address this part of you? Let's hear its argument.)


"It's not safe. It's not something you should be doing. Are you sure this is the direction you want to go?"


(Let's speak to the part of you that wants to do this.)


The only things I've experienced so far are tiny bits. I have questions. It's different, like any new experience I'm unacquainted with.


(Let's continue talking with this resistant part. Can you take that part by the hand?)


Yeah, I got it. Now there's someone here, I don't know if that's me, someone that's very bright.


(Who is it? Can you tell who this is? Are they trying to communicate?)


No, I can't tell who it is at all, it doesn't even matter. (I laugh, get choked up, emotionally moved)


(I see the reaction in your entire body. Is this sadness or happiness? I want you to let those feelings go, let them happen. Who is this brightness?)


I don't know if this is me or... I don't know who this is.


(How do you feel about this brightness?)


Oh great, this is wonderful. I can't tell if this is me or who it is.


(At this point it doesn't matter who it is. How do you feel about this light?)


There's nothing wrong with this light.


(Can you embrace this light?)


Yeah... it already did. It came and laid on top of me or something, or it grabbed me, or the part of me that was doubting. It came in from this direction right here (upper left), and it just went (motions hand over body). It had concern and compassion.


I still don't know if that was a part of me reassuring another part of myself that everything is all right.


(It was pretty profound, though, right?)


Yeah... it was profound. Or else it was another being that I simply don't recognise. Things are kinda vague. It's a lot more vague than I imagined.


This being (or this part of me) came and grabbed the resistant part of me by the hand and then it laid itself on me and the resistance is just sort of in the background now, like it's not a big deal.


I'm kinda like... waiting right now.


This light touched the doubts. It had wings or something, flow-y white bright. My doubts were like a hand only heavy and dark and chunky and angular and square.


(Hypnotist leads me through a typical regression sequence... I am not getting anywhere)


Occasionally I am seeing owl faces, like the first presence I saw when I first got here. When I was little, I dreamed about a tall owl in the garage. I don't think it was my father. I'm afraid of this owl, I tell it "you can do anything you want with me, just don't hurt me". It's stern and detached. It's not friendly. It's not something I'm glad to be around. It makes me afraid.


(Can you communicate with this owl?)


No, it's a very one-sided thing. It seems to want to communicate with me. I wonder... was there an alien presence in those early years?


Maybe there have been alien influences.


(Are you a loner?)


Oh yeah, very much. (cries)


(Do you feel misplaced?)


Yes... well, not misplaced, that isn't the word. I feel constantly homesick. constantly looking for people. And I don't know what I'm looking for. But I'm looking for my people.


(The hypnotist leads me through a pre-arranged relaxation visualization..)


I am not on the earth anymore. I see the earth in the distance but it's not like the pictures you see of earth, it's this blob of fuzzy light.


(Do you know where you're going?)


No, I don't even know where I am. Is that the earth? Where am I?


(Are you feeling senations around you?)


No, but there's more light around. What is all this light?


(Is there more than one light? Is it radiant light or individual lights?)


(pause)


(Can you move toward the light?)


I'm resisting going toward that light. There is still a lot of resistance.


(Take your resistance by the hand.)


Okay here we are. (long pause) I dont seem to be going anywhere. I want to see and understand a whole lot more than I am.


(Let's call those who help and guide you to come and help you. Tell them that you're ready to know, that this is why you came here today.... did you just get some sort of impression?)


Yeah, they already know that. (laughs) I really don't know what the joke is. I get the feeling there is some kind of a joke. What's the joke?


(long pause)


(Ask them to come close to you.)


Yeah. They're saying "are you sure you really wanna deal with this death stuff? You really wanna know this? Can you handle it?"


I get a feeling of... I don't know why, I'm not on earth, I don't know where the hell I am.


They're holding out on me, man... they're still saying "are you sure you wanna know this death stuff? You don't wanna go the normal way?" No, I don't wanna wait that long.


I've done a lot of research to get here.


And now they're going (smirks snidely) "and you think you can do this, right?"


Well, what's the block? Is there something I'm not ready for?


(Ask the person in the highest authority to speak to you.)


They're blocking my view. Let me see what I want to see! Let me see a place that I've been before.


I'm talking to some beings. I can't tell who's who here or what they're doing but... this is a fine trick.


(Continued in Part 2)
 
Transcript of my regression Part 2


(Ask if they can just show you a snippet, a glimpse of a past life.)


I see this rectangle thing, blue sky, clouds... okay... I'm coming down through clouds, I feel I'm coming down to earth. I can feel the oceans in the distance. I'm floating around. I don't see anything, it's just a feeling. They made a rectangle for me and I went through it.


I'm going down... this is a tedious process... every time I think that, then I don't go as fast... (pause)


(What are you seeing or feeling now?)


I'm a papoose! Yeah. I'm a little scruffy girl, I have black hair, and I'm a papoose. I'm all strapped in, and I'm leaning up against something, just looking around. I'm looking at myself looking around! I'm a papoose. (high-pitched childlike voice)


(Look at the eyes.)


I can't get in that close. All I can see is this scraggly hair, and I know underneath all the straps and stuff I have a little brown something on. It's cloth, and it's kind of scratchy. I have black hair.


(Can you touch your hair?)


Yeah. It's coarse and unkempt.


(How old are you?)


I'm just a little thing. I can't be more than one. Maybe younger, but no, I'm about one. (childlike voice)


I'm a papoose, strapped in, leaning against something.


(Are you native American?)


I think so... yeah!


I can't seem to stay with that too long...


(We did ask for a glimpse)


Okay I got a glimpse. That's it? (to the beings I'm seeing) You're not going to let me see more?


(How did you feel when you saw yourself as a papoose?)


Happy. I was cute. (childlike voice, high and immature)


Oh! I can float in and see it from a different angle. There are sticks, and wrappings, and I can't tell if it's a rock wall, I can't tell exactly where I am. I'm practicing going in and trying to look through the eyes to see what I see but I'm not having good success with that.


(Float back through the clouds and the rectangle.)


I'm back there. I'm wherever I was talking to these figures. It's not all light. They've got some tones to them. (I saw them as brown beings) I still see the little rectangle where I went through. ....And the point is...what? They're not talking to me.


They're wondering what they should do. They're just debating this whole thing.


(If you do this again, will they allow you some success?)


I'm not seeing them nodding and going "yes of course". I'm seeing debate. They're debating.


(ask them what's there to debate about)


I'm being forceful and asking them what is there to debate about. In saying that, I feel myself interacting with them. (I tell them) I would really like to guide this process myself. I don't want a bunch of interference.


What is there to debate?


I knew this was a rancorous bunch!


(They know you?)


Oh yeah, I know them too. Dang!


They're saying "you need to get all those thoughts of heaven and hell out of your system. You've been indoctrinated for a really long time, you have to take your time and unwind those concepts. It's not gonna happen immediately, okay? You don't understand all the things you still have in your thought processes that we have to carefully UNWIND."


That's an interesting insight. I'd really like to make up my own mind, do whatever it is, go get it done, and proceed on.


Hmm... It takes time to do these things.


Okay. I'll accept that it takes time to unwind the old thinking. I've been doing a lot of it lately.


They're going "yes, yes you have. You're doing fine. Relax and don't push so hard."


(Ask them what you can do to help this process along.)


"Keep doing exactly what you've been doing." Like feeling the energy of different things, tapping in more to my kids, my clients at work. Keep working with the energy of the people around me. And keep listening. Keep listening and paying attention because I'm getting a lot of blessings right here on the earth.


They're assuring me that I have VERY many interesting things to uncover. There are tons and tons of fascinating avenues that I can go down... fascinating... but, at this stage, I also am working on myself and I have to keep that first. I'm working on me for a purpose. This is not rocket science.


"We're not going to give you answers exactly immediately, but you're gonna get some answers."


I have a lot of questions... like who is this guy I'm married to? And do I have to stay married?


And they're going "hmmmm welll, you're going to figure it out." Because they're not gonna tell me.


That feels very familiar! They're not going to freaking tell me.


(disgusted sigh)


Who are you guys anyway?


"Why are you asking us who we are? Don't you know who we are?"


No. (sigh)


(Ask if any of them is your personal guide.)


I dreamed about this black guy in this really spiffy colorful outfit, he had a top hat on and I dreamed he was my guide.


They're going "well, yeah, well maybe."


This is a real humorous, real sarcastic bunch.


They're not gonna 'fess up. They're not gonna tell me who my guide is, no.


(Let's bring this to a close. I'll give you a moment to say your farewells, even though they're gonna be around...)


They're gonna be around, all right, because they're going to be showing me all kinds of stuff.


(Ask them how you will know they're around?)


They said they've already been working with me. The clouds have been stunningly different, unnatural. You guys are watching me, you guys are all over the place. How else am I gonna know when you're around?


"When stuff happens." When the coincidences happen, when the little things happen...


And so you're gonna be working among my everyday life?


That's the feeling I'm getting, that my everyday life is going to become really amazing. That I should just really enjoy that I've come up to see my sister, because some stuff is gonna happen. And that it wasn't necessarily about me coming here..?? (questioning tone) You've gotta be kidding me.


"Give it time." That's what they say to me. Give it time.


(So you know they're going to be around...)


And I'll be looking for them. And there's sarcasm! Dang it!


--------------end----------------
 
My opinion of the regression


Okay, that was it! A tiny glimpse of a life as a papoose! No death scene, no great insight into who I am now or why I'm here!! Talk about disappointment. It took awhile to process. I wish we'd recorded what happened afterward when I came out of trance and we talked. I knew then just how deep I'd been because almost 3 hrs. had gone by and it seemed like about 20 min. The effects of deep trance last quite awhile afterward.


First of all, let me say I was very glad for having done it and felt peaceful and settled when it was over. I took all the advice to heart and have been "unwinding" my old thinking step-by-step, with a lot of humor and affirmations. Life is much quieter, more meditative, I can't explain it all, but I feel more settled than I have in ages. No, no big answers, but lots of little ones.


However, at the time the resistance I encountered was very frustrating. I had no idea it was there. Past life regressionists must deal carefully with resistance as it's probably there for a very good reason. I understood that, even in trance, but it was a huge let-down nonetheless. The white winged being who came and helped me with it, I felt incredible love and compassion from. No WAY did I make that up.


(The part about the alien influence I will not get into on this forum but it's something Newton does talk about.)


When I said "I'm not on earth anymore, I see a fuzzy ball of light, is that earth?", well, I was already in the between-lives state which Newton discusses in great detail. I was seeing an entity but did not understand it at the time and couldn't navigate very well. The therapist recognized where I was and tried to get me to see it, but I wasn't able to.


The beings I was talking to, I am pretty sure they are part of my soul group, or a group of counselors more advanced than me. I didn't recognize them as anyone from my present life. They stood together in a group, 3 or more of them, and the blue-sky-with-clouds rectangular "window" they formed was right there in the midst of them and very distinct against their chocolate-brown color. They were brown but not in an African-American skin-color sense... I don't know how to explain it but they were definitely a uniform brown color. Newton has a lot to say about the color of beings encountered in the between-lives state.


The sarcasm they exhibited was incredibly funny and totally unexpected!! I can't tell you how meaningful that was... and also what a shock it was to hear it!! It would just figure, that my spiritual advisors in the afterlife are these zany sarcastic jokesters (like my present family) who think I'm too immature to handle an entire past-life regression! Geesh!


But they weren't kidding that "some stuff is gonna happen" with my sister.... OMG!! When I got back to her house she decided to try and contact our deceased mother. She got out Mom's eyeglasses and car keys and I showed her how to make a pendulum from the glasses. Those glasses swung in huge circles, both directions in direct answer to various questions, and vibrated and hummed and nearly danced, all by themselves! The car keys gave my sister electrical shocks up her arm and down her spine! Her hair stood on end all over her body! It was the freakiest night we've ever had!! We spent hours talking about Mom, about ourselves, about what we're doing here on earth and what we're probably supposed to be working on from a karmic perspective, given the family we've come from.


The next night, long after I left, my sister's husband saw a ghostly figure of our mother in the same room where we'd been experimenting!! He was so scared he tripped and fell on his way to the bedroom. He woke up my sister and asked "what were you guys doing in that room last night? I just saw a ghost of your mother!" Then he felt someone touching him while he lay in bed. None of these things had ever happened before to any of us.
 
Thanks very much for taking the time to share this liberty, it sounds like you had a very profound experience, and I wouldn't be at all disappointed with those kind of results. Although I don't have a lot to say, I did enjoy reading it very much, and I hope you will keep us updated on any further developments :)


Did the therapist have any thoughts on what you experienced? Are you planning to have any more regressions with her?
 
Thanks for sharing Liberty for did so much enjoyed reading what you experienced. I personally have never been regressed but have a great desire for this though. There seems to be no one here locally. And I have also had Past Lives as a Native American.


Thanks Again for sharing and Wishing You the Best!
 
Thank you for posting liberty! I have never had a formal, one-on-on regression. I only attended a seminar once that was run by Brian Weiss. Really enjoyed it, but kept getting snapped out of my trace by a woman behind me who kept crying. I have no idea what was going on with her, but it was really disturbing.


I do want to try a one-on-one regression though.
 
Wow thanks for sharing, that was very fascinating. You were obviously ready to find all of that out because you will only remember these things when you are ready...


Mir
 
That was an amazing account Liberty! I too have been completely motivated by Newton's books and am waiting for certain aspects of my life to fall into place before I arrange an appointment.


One aspect of preparation that I have heard is essential is that one should have a "Past Life" regression prior to the "Life Between Lives" regression...I suppose to enable you to process the deeper locations that your guidance or soul mates (in brown) were reticent to let you go. The individual I have spoken with has arranged a two day session, the first day is the past life then the following day is the life between lives session.


Like you I would be impatient to obtain all my answers, but what you got was wonderful to read and I can only imagine what it was like to live it.


Thank you so much for sharing and you have only whetted my appetite to obtain my own regressions as soon as possible.
 
Back
Top