• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My PL memory

LuckiestK

Member
Last month, I finally saw the light. Since then I have been remembering little snippets of things that hint to PL memories. Also, a reoccurring dream that I have been having for as long as I can remember has all the markers of a PL memory. It is short. Here it is.

I am walking in a house. I can't tell if I am male or female but I know I am old. The house is still and silent, too silent. I walk through the house slowly. I see dust but not thick. I go upstairs. It's strange because the way it is it seems that maybe at one time you had to go outside to go upstairs. It's quiet up there too. I see an empty chair. It's green upholstery. It's empty, I am sad, I am all alone.

It have included a rudimentary drawing of how I remember the house being situated on the street. ( having trouble posting the pic. Anyone know how to do that from an iPhone?
 
This is the memoryThe neighborhood had ( if I remember correctly) no trees. Flat terrain.

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_06/image.jpg.483e0a2ef5cfd2f9816c128612f40b91.jpg
 
Thanks for sharing your past life memory Luckiest.


I can relate to that as I have a similar memory of walking around a big house like that. It's nothing exciting, but it keeps popping up in my dreams every now and then. I think what distinguishes it from an ordinary dream is the level of detail, the clarity, and the fact that you can still remember the finest details of the dream several years later.


Don't forget to write down all the little snippets that you get, however small they are. Hopefully one day everything will fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.
 
ChrisR said:
Don't forget to write down all the little snippets that you get, however small they are. Hopefully one day everything will fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.
I'll second that! even the smallest little parts can add up to a greater whole. You never know how they will connect! Thanks for sharing.
 
Thanks, y'all!


I did remember or rather more feels like I just know, that the electric lights are only downstairs and no fixtures just a bare hanging bulb in the kitchen. Everywhere else there are glass oil lamps.


Another strange thing, the sky seems too big and empty. Maybe the absence of trees or the very sparse electric lines or the absence if clouds. Maybe all three. Also it's quiet, no traffic on the street or in the air.


The house is wooden and pretty square, pop outs or balconies. There is no porch.


I can remember how some of the windows are situated.


I keep thinking " and in the parlor"....I don't use that word.


I seem to remember more than I thought!
 
More will come to you as you write things down. Keep a journal and ponder on it quietly by yourself. Things will float up by themselves. Why are you there? What country is this? By the technology sounds like the turn of the last century. When might it be? Who cut down the trees? Why? Where are your family? Whose house is this? Why are you alone?


What happened in the parlour?


You will know the answers. Trust yourself. The answers are there. They will come to you when you are ready.
 
The questions help!


It's my house.


The U.S.A.


1940


No one cut the trees. The land never had any there.


My family has long gone.....( I have a friend who listens to angels. He says they told him my memory was from the first time I entered the house alone. As in my spouse had died)


I don't think anything happened in the parlor. I just found it odd that as I walk through the house in my mind I said " and in the parlor there is...." Using a word I don't use in this life.


I have really appreciated your questions. As I read the questions, the answers just came to my mind as if you were asking about this life!
 
parlor is an old term for what we now call the living room. Back in those days, when a family member died, they laid the corpse out in the parlor and had the wake there. With the advent of modern mortuaries, the parlor got renamed.
 
LuckiestK said:
It's my house.
The U.S.A.


1940


No one cut the trees. The land never had any there.


My family has long gone.....( I have a friend who listens to angels. He says they told him my memory was from the first time I entered the house alone. As in my spouse had died)


I don't think anything happened in the parlor. I just found it odd that as I walk through the house in my mind I said " and in the parlor there is...." Using a word I don't use in this life.


I have really appreciated your questions. As I read the questions, the answers just came to my mind as if you were asking about this life!
There you go. You know more than you think!
 
LuckiestK said:
I did remember or rather more feels like I just know, that the electric lights are only downstairs and no fixtures just a bare hanging bulb in the kitchen. Everywhere else there are glass oil lamps.
Another strange thing, the sky seems too big and empty. Maybe the absence of trees or the very sparse electric lines or the absence if clouds. Maybe all three. Also it's quiet, no traffic on the street or in the air.


The house is wooden and pretty square, pop outs or balconies. There is no porch.


I can remember how some of the windows are situated.


I keep thinking " and in the parlor"....I don't use that word.


I seem to remember more than I thought!
Sounds like the early 1900's in the American Midwest. Houses started getting electricity after 1900. At first all they needed were electric lights. Many of the really old houses only had ceiling lights, no wall outlets. I have seen ads in old magazines (1910-1920) for toasters, washers, etc. that came with a plug that screwed into a light socket if that was all you had. My maternal grandparents lived in an old (1917) house that had no electric outlets in the bedrooms, only ceiling lights. After they died and the house was sold it was re-wired.


The oil lamps were probably kerosene. Before the automobile and airplane were invented the oil companies had no use for gasoline. They made their money selling kerosene. Did you know the oil companies saved the whales? Before kerosene lamps were invented people used either candles or whale oil for lamps. Rich people could afford whale oil. That was the main reason for whaling ships in the 1800's. If kerosene had not come along when it did the sperm whale may have become extinct.


The American Prairie is the Kansas, Nebraska area. In the 1800's there were no trees. The first white settlers made their houses out of "sod" because there were no trees for lumber. After the railroads came they began importing wood from places like Wisconsin and Minnesota.
 
Tid bits


The roads are paved. There are sidewalks.


Somehow, I am sure it is not: Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, Maine... It is not on a coast.


The skies are wide and clear. The air is not humid.
 
LampsThey look like this but with a white base and a floral image painted on the top part.

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_06/image.jpg.86baf5629f00460ddba3acb974482cc9.jpg
 
That looks like the kind of lamp you would find as late as the 1940's. My parents grew up in the 30's and 40's in rural places that still had no electricity, and they used oil lamps. Older children often got the job of cleaning the lamps of soot, and trimming the wicks. Your description certainly fits with nicer, more decorative lamps that would have been placed in the parlor.
 
Back
Top