• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My recently recognized PL memory

cecily

Member
Since childhood I've had a sharp pain and weakness at a particular place on my right foot. It happens rarely, and only once at any given time. I've always vaguely thought, "that was where I broke my foot."

I just recently stopped to think about this -- and realized I have _never_ had a broken foot in this lifetime. The break must have been in a former life.

I vaguely know the break happened when I was running and fell. I may have been wearing red at the time.

This isn't earth-shaing, I know. What surprises me is that it took sixty years for me to recognize that the memory can't be from my present life.

Anyone else had something like this, where the memory seemed so natural you didn't realize at first that it couldn't be from your present?
 
I'm still picking through my childhood memories after realizing some of them weren't from this life. I had some memories that I knew were not from this life, after writing them down, more and more surfaced that's when I noticed that some of the memories of that life were mixed in with this life's memories.


It's been interesting to see what surfaces and I wish i would have realized them for what they were sooner. Most likely people would have just thought I was stranger than they already do, lol. I still wish I would have remembered sooner. I was raised in a family that not only didn't believe in reincarnation but I don't think they ever heard the word. So when I did talk about this stuff I just got that puzzled look and comments about my imagination.
 
cecily said:
Anyone else had something like this, where the memory seemed so natural you didn't realize at first that it couldn't be from your present?
Yes. When I was a small boy I remembered that I had drowned once - but I had not in this life. It seemed difficult to separate that memory from my current life memories until I was about 10 years of age.


Another memory was one from my most recent past life that I could not distinguish from this lifetime until I was well into adulthood. I continually told my parents for most of my life that I wanted to go back to where I was most happy and could they tell me where that place was. I would describe the place but they could not remember being anywhere like that. When I had a recollection of being an old man and visiting my former home - which had been destroyed by fire - I realized that it was a past life memory. Still, I quizzed my father about the location and asked if he could remember anything about a place like that because he and my mother could have been in that area before I was born. My wife's family is from that area and I find it interesting to speculate about whether I could have known my in-laws in my past life, when I was an old man and they were very young.
 
I've had a similar experience having to do with my throat in this life and having it cut in a past life.
 
Due to rationing during the Second World War, the use of horses came back into vogue in Detroit and many other cities. Back then, automobiles were not often available to urban housewives, who depended upon merchants to come into their neighborhoods, where they would buy perishable goods and ice for their ice boxes as the horse drawn wagons stopped once or twice in every residential block. I could remember these things, and could also remember a knife and scissors sharpener, who would periodically walk up and down the street with his foot powered grinding wheel. I watched him with great interest as he set up on our front lawn to do his work. In one instance, I remember a green horse drawn wagon that was totally enclosed with windows on either side. I can't remember what they sold, but the wagon was like something out of a museum.


I remember going with my father to an old ferrier's shop on Trumbull just across the street from the old Tiger Stadium, which was then known as Briggs Stadium. I could remember the thick black leather tack that hung along the walls. The inside was filled with the unique smell and blue haze of coke and coal burning where the blacksmith and ferrier worked in the rear of the building.


The only problem was, that I was born in 1947, two years after the end of the war, and my older sister could not remember these things at all. I found this out only a few years ago, and assumed that those and other memories were actually from this life until certain memories didn't seem to match completely match this current life. My parents were the same, but they were happy then. There was no TV, and I couldn't remember having an older sister. I was quite alone and free to play outside without supervision.


At the same time I knew that my parents had a little boy before my sister and I came along. He was born in 1941, and was their first child. However, he was killed when he was almost three years old while running out in the street after a ball. After this, my father joined the Navy. When he returned from the war he became a heavy drinker and my mother was in deep depression. Understandably neither he nor my mother were happy after that, and they both became over protective and anxious with my sister and I.


Now, it seems very possible that some of my memories may have actually been those of my brother, when he was nearly three years old. Furthermore, I seem to have acquired a profound set of behaviors, which may correspond to his death.


Unfortunately, both parents have been gone for many years, so I can't validate any of those earlier memories. However, I have been told that my mother was convinced that her first son had come back to her in my little body.


-Nightrain
 
Nighttrain, that is absolutely fascinating!


I haven't personally, as far as I know, had any memories that I thought was from my current life, but turned out to be past life.


I'd love to hear more stories :thumbsup:
 
Hello Night train,


I also was born in Detroit, Mi. (1933) I lived my first 8 years at 14th and McGraw... There were cars, streetcars and the horses pulled all of the wagons that came door to door or street to street.....like the milkman, breadman, iceman, waffle man, garbage man, pony-photo man, on and on.


When I moved in the summer of 1941 to the outskrts of the city...I missed all of those horses. I used to pick grass and feed the milkman's horse every day because that was when the milkman put the feeder on him and ate lunch himself. I had forgotten all about the man who sharpened knives....Those were fun days.... We got our first TV when I was about 15, 1948.....I'm sorry your father was so changed after the war. Many men were. On of my brother inlaws just shook like a leaf for months afer he was home. He used to tell me war stories. I don't know how many more years the horss pulled those wagons but I think it was quite a while in the inner city.
 
Hi Flo...


It sure is a pleasure to meet you, and that you are a former neighbor from Detroit. I'm quite familiar with 14th and McGraw. I lived near Canfield and VanDyke. The neighborhood is pretty much unrecognizeable now. They say you can't ever go back home, because it's always changing. When I came back from Vietnam in '68, everything was gone -- home and neighborhood burned, mother dead, friends dead, etc. It's nice to hear a familiar voice.


-Nightrain
 
Back
Top