• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My regression into my life in Boston, 1900s

PowerofSoul

Member
I have been meditating on my past lives for a little over a few weeks now. Based on what I have, I am sure that the memories are from Beacon Hill, Boston. All my life, I have had memories of the old gas street lamps, and old fire hydrants. When I was a kid (in this life), I would frequently remember myself as another kid, but in the early 1900s. I was a young kid who wandered around town, with various memories of Boston common, train stations, etc.

Also, I seem to remember living in a brick row house. A common architecture in Boston..

However, digging into these memories has also seemed to cause some inner stress for me. I almost feel longing for that time and place, but it also feels connected to today's psychological issues. On the flip side, I'll go through phases of doubt, but no matter what I still keep remembering.

Is it better to have a therapist regress you?
 
Hi PowerofSoul, welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing the results of your meditations, they certainly look like they could be memories of a past life.


Your feelings of longing for that time and place is a common characteristic of remembering a previous life, and many of us here can relate to that.


My personal opinion is that it would be more advantageous for you to see a therapist, because he/she can help to guide you through whatever issues are troubling you personally in this life, whereas the many 'self-regression' cd's that are available today are designed just to help you to discover who you were, what you did etc. Maybe you can find a therapist in your area.


Take some time to look around the forum, particularly the FAQ's, and if you have any further questions, then don't hesitate to ask. Hope you enjoy your time here. :)
 
I sympathize with you on the longing for the environment of a past life. I struggle with them a little, because in this life, the LAST place I want to live is in a big city! All that cheek-by-jowl competition for things as simple as parking spaces, no thanks! Yet when I am in a big city, I feel so comfortable in spite of myself. Pictures of older run-down buildings in NYC stir a nostalgia in me that I can't explain. I have an old photo of some kids playing stickball near some tenements circa 1952 and everytime I look at it I can feel, small, taste, and hear everything that's going on. I half want to go there, half want to stay away.
 
When you meditate do you say a prayer or surround yourself in white protective light? I don't know what you believe in, but this might help with your stress level if you continue to regress by yourself.
 
Thing is, it feels pretty real. If I look at certain pictures of Boston during this time period, I feel an undeniable connection. Looking at the old architecture and gas lamps practically makes me "see" the memory. But I'm having many doubts as to whether it's actually PL memories, or just my imaginative mind. Though if it IS a past life, it was my most recent incarnation.


I'm not sure if my meditation is just creative dreaming. I do not say a prayer, I just quiet the mind, relax the body, and enter the PL door from there.
 
I think everyone who can remember their past lives can relate to your questions. The thing is, we don't have any kind of 'yardstick' to measure our past life memories by, therefore, we all have to have a certain amount of faith in what we 'remember', otherwise, reincarnation would be a proven fact.


Remembering a past life can be every bit as much about what you 'feel' as well as what you remember. We can all imagine what it's like to walk on the moon for example, but while doing so, do you feel the anger that you felt when that careless driver nearly knocked you down as you crossed the road? Do you feel the sadness that you felt when your pet hamster passed away when you were a kid? Do you feel the happiness you felt when you became a parent for the first time? The answer to all of these examples is 'no', all of those feelings remain with your 'memories', whether they be past or present life :)
 
Powerofsoul, Hi There and Welcome to the Forum! It is good to see you here and looking forward to all that you have to share with us here.


Thanks for sharing and personally it seems to me that these memories could very well come from a past life. It is interesting to me in how sometimes how much can our so called 'Creative Dreaming', as you said, and imaginings have connections to our past lives it seems in someway.


Now do wonder also if you have ever been to Boston in today's world? And if so then what did you inwardly feel or sense at the time? I have personally had quite abit come to me thru time in my meditations. I often put these images on a shelf so to speak. And how much thru time then do they prove or disprove themselves. Maybe this could be a point in future meditations that might unlock something, by focusing on this old Boston architecture and gas lamps.


But again, Welcome to the Forum!
 
ChrisR said:
I think everyone who can remember their past lives can relate to your questions. The thing is, we don't have any kind of 'yardstick' to measure our past life memories by, therefore, we all have to have a certain amount of faith in what we 'remember', otherwise, reincarnation would be a proven fact.
Remembering a past life can be every bit as much about what you 'feel' as well as what you remember. We can all imagine what it's like to walk on the moon for example, but while doing so, do you feel the anger that you felt when that careless driver nearly knocked you down as you crossed the road? Do you feel the sadness that you felt when your pet hamster passed away when you were a kid? Do you feel the happiness you felt when you became a parent for the first time? The answer to all of these examples is 'no', all of those feelings remain with your 'memories', whether they be past or present life :)
That's interesting, because if I look at the gas lamps, and/or the neighborhood in the early 1900s, I can "feel" the environment. When I was about 6, I used to imagine myself dressed as exactly how a young kid in 1905 Boston would dress.


Though I seem to be nervous on these particular set of memories.
 
kmatjhwy said:
Powerofsoul, Hi There and Welcome to the Forum! It is good to see you here and looking forward to all that you have to share with us here.
Thanks for sharing and personally it seems to me that these memories could very well come from a past life. It is interesting to me in how sometimes how much can our so called 'Creative Dreaming', as you said, and imaginings have connections to our past lives it seems in someway.


Now do wonder also if you have ever been to Boston in today's world? And if so then what did you inwardly feel or sense at the time? I have personally had quite abit come to me thru time in my meditations. I often put these images on a shelf so to speak. And how much thru time then do they prove or disprove themselves. Maybe this could be a point in future meditations that might unlock something, by focusing on this old Boston architecture and gas lamps.


But again, Welcome to the Forum!
I have never been to Boston in this life. Though, I've always seemed to like the city, but I've never known much about it in this life.


The more old pictures I see, the more I feel it. The old architecture is very familiar. The way my closet looks, if the door is open, sometimes I can get a "brief glimpse" of the inside of the brick row house I was living in at the time. It's how I always imagined it and Boston seems to match up.


Yeah I agree, if I meditate on this more, these mems will be the central focus. Thank you. :)
 
It sounds like you have begun a journey PowerofSoul, I hope that you are able to learn more of this time. As you meditate, also try to remember any dreams that you had, sometimes old dreams will suddenly come back to you through association, like Boston Commons. I have done this and was amazed by the amount of detail that came back to me. Most of our dreams, 99.9% of them, we forget. I have been able to remember dreams that I've had years earlier through meditation and making associations, like fire dreams ( being in fire ), dreams where I was running in terror, dreams of airplanes, etc. I was able to remember many of these dreams which connected to my past life in WWII Germany by association, remembering one dream opened up other similar dreams, and so on.
 
Back
Top