• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My son says he sees angels

Sometimes my son reminds me of that kid in the Sixth Sense. You feel so sorry for him and you keep wishing he'd tell his mother so he didn't have to be so afraid. I catch myself worrying that there is something my son isn't telling me. However, I'm glad that he thinks what he is seeing are angels. I'd just hate for him to be seeing something really scary, like the kid in the movie and feeling alone with it. We've been trying to stay in his room with him until he gets really sleepy just to quiet him enough to get to sleep.
If you all think of it and can do it. His bed time is at 8:00 pm west coast time. Please send him some white light at this time if you think about it. He really does just get terrified at night and I'm praying that he finds some peace somehow.
Vicky
 
vicky said:
If you all think of it and can do it. His bed time is at 8:00 pm west coast time. Please send him some white light at this time if you think about it. He really does just get terrified at night and I'm praying that he finds some peace somehow.
Vicky

I will definitely send him AND you some light. Again, I stick to what I said earlier - you and your son chose each other for a reason. :) For what it's worth, though I know I could never grasp exactly what it is you, your son or the rest of your family go through, I have faith that you all will come to know peace at night, especially your son.

Warmest love,
Chance
 
Vicky,
Your son is very lucky to have an understanding and caring mom like you.
When I was young like him I was terrified from the dark/night and couldn’t go to sleep, sometimes I stayed up for hours so scared in my bed, scared to move, breath… and there was no one to share it with.
On top of everything when I was almost 7 we moved to a new house that was haunted. The ghost that lived there didn’t leave me alone, constantly disturbing my peace, it was terrible behind taking. I did not have a caring mom like you to sit with me and make sure that I feel safe till I go to sleep, my mom insisted on having the house pitch dark every night despite me bagging her to leave some light on.

Can you imagine what would have happen to your son if he had a different mom not as caring like you are? He is very special and choose you because he knew that you will care.
There are so many kids in this world that are terrified from the dark/night and do not have understanding parents, on that one your son is very lucky.

Since my daughter was born I put her to sleep at night with some light on in her room, just incase she is scared. I was relieved when she one night told me ‘mom, please turn off the light’.

Your son is very special, one of a kind. Ones he learns to control his abilities and understand his powers he will be able to help many people.
I will send good prayers for him at 8:00p.m tonight.
 
I don't think it makes him special, nor do I think he's "blessed" (from being a seer myself, I see that as no blessing. Especially when driving or doing something that requires equal, if not higher, level of concentration on material reality), but I think you should trust his awareness. When he perceives them as angels or guiding figures, he knows why he's telling this.
 
Thank you, Nat. I totally agree. While I think my son is special for many other reasons, the fact that he sees angels, remembers past lives and astral projects are not among those reasons. This has been a very very difficult thing for both him and us.
Is there anything your parents could have done to help you or guide you? Our son is extremely afraid at night. Even seeing the angels and knowing they are there doesn't help that much. Do you have any ideas?
Vicky
 
When I said that your son is special, I meant in his own special way, there are not too many kids like him and that makes him one of a kind.
his abilities are a gift from ‘God’ just like any other talent anybody else have. That what he choose before he was born and that is what he have now.

I believe that there is a lot of positive in your sons abilities, he is able to be so connected to the ‘other side’ which makes him very spiritual. Because of his abilities, fears from past life are emerging. He just got the whole package, the good and the not so good, he can see it all.

Yes, spirituality and intuition are a talent just like any other talent. Genius inventors or leaders through history were in many times ‘crazy’, mentally unstable in other peoples eyes (many times they really had a mental disorder), but they could create things that nobody else can. I am sure their life were a challenge to live but the good things they left behind them are so important, sometimes one needs to ‘suffer’ for the sake of the whole.
Every extreme ability puts you on another edge as well. In your son’s case the negative edge are negative memories.

This all may end one day, but in such an extreme situation he may always be ‘gifted’.
I don’t think it is only his lesson, it is also your lesson in this life. His pain is your pain as well, other wise you won’t be his mom. Maybe the answer is within yourself as well. Maybe it is a past life issue between you two, together. Maybe in a past life he couldn’t trust you or you broke a promise to protect him, now when the fears appear, having you around doesn’t give him comfort (feel safe) in his way to sleep. Just a thought.

I think maybe you need to get him around somebody that can communicate with him at the same level. Someone spiritual like him (adult) that can possibly understand his problem and see things that you, his parents, can’t see.

This is all just a thought…

In the past couple of years my Out of body experiences got very intense, I was very afraid to go to sleep because as soon as I close my eyes I would snap out of my body.
I found it very helpful in many times to send a pray before I go to sleep. I told God every night ‘Please God let me go to sleep peacefully, I just want to be like a normal person and go to sleep here and now and not in any other place or dimension’ , I pictured in my head how I want to feel when I go to sleep and meant with all my heart that I want to go to sleep peacefully. God words are stronger then any fear or evil, all you have to do is to just ask God. Know that he is all around you and protecting you.

Ask your son to make his own pray. Also Jewish use a pray before they go to sleep and I found it helpful too. As long as you mean and understand the words that you say it should help. It seem like his fears are all in a human matter, ask him if he remembers heaven and God, there are no fears exist there, maybe a little understanding/remembering God will comfort him.
 
Hi Spring,
thanks for your words. Its nice to hear from other moms because i know that you know how I feel. My son is special but i guess what i was trying to say is that it seems that he was chosen for this type of life due to some past agreement not because of any special thing he has developed in this life. I do believe he is special for very many things though.
He does remember heaven and the time before he was born. The trouble with that is that he would like to go back there.
I only know of 'lilah tov' in hebrew which means 'good dreams.' I do say this to him but will definitely ask our Rabbi for the specific hebrew prayer.
I've thought about taking him to see someone but it would have to be a specific someone. Some professional that I could go to with all of the past life stories and astral projecting problems. There is a team of healers right now in our town that will be praying for him tomorrow. i am concerned about him being pathologized or made out as abnormal. It seems like how his issues are addressed right now will determine how well he is able to use his gifts as an adult or even how well adjusted he becomes. I don't want to blow that for him.
Thanks everyone. Its great to have somewhere to write this stuff out.
Vicky
 
Hi Vicky,

I just want to re-emphasize that your son is very lucky to have such a loving mother like you. :) Your love for him overflows in every post you write. I still send you two light whenever I think about it.

But on another note, have you ever tried talking to him while he's sleeping? About things you might not be as readily able to say to him while he's awake? For example, telling him that he's loved and protected now, or, if you feel it's past life related, that he's safe now and that the dark can't hurt him like before? It's just a suggestion and I understand a reluctance to doing it this way. I don't know how useful it would be but I've read about it working wonders before in children who had night terrors or were extremely scared of the dark.

I'm a bit embarassed to admit where I got this from but I'll say it because it'll give you a source should you care to get a better idea of what I'm talking about. I've read about it in other places but for certain, Sylvia Browne writes about it in her book Past Lives, Future Healing.

Granted, this technique is geared toward gently helping children to resolve past life traumas and the reason behind your son's fears might not be all past-life related. I'm a little unclear on what the situation is because your son seems to have so much going on it's hard to pinpoint what's coming from where. You might be able to use the basic idea of it and say what feels most applicable and most right at the time.

Either way, maybe talking to him/praying quietly/asking for divine love, healing, protection for the highest good over him while his conscious mind sleeps, you'd be able to reach his spirit/subconscious more easily, the part that is thought to be the divine self and therefore able to comprehend things more thoroughly without the ego filtering and re-structuring them.

Whatever it is you decide to do for your son, I hope it calms, protects and heals. :)

- Chance
 
Spring, I didn't mean my post as to be an offend or just "she's completely off her mind" thing, just that my opinions differ, and thus I see no way you should "apologize" yourself, though if what you just posted is an explanation moreso than an apology, I take it and savvy ;)

Vicky, honestly, I haven't told them before. Most of the childhood I thought it's just a product of my imagination, or actually, that it resides in the same levels as my other thoughts, just a byproduct or connection of the mental worlds being tied together... Nothing that special. With things that I felt were special I didn't trust they're going to believe me. Actually, till I was around nine or maybe yet later, I didn't even know if my parents believe in God or not, which was an important information for me about people back then... Simply I never took the courage to ask them, I thought it was taboo.

I think that child worries from the darkness are quite usual, I've met soo many people telling me this, fearing darkness from various reasons. What about doing some meditation/calming the mind exercises? Or having him near you if possible, at least for a while (it should calm down after few weeks- experience with my brother who's gone through something like that, with intense worries that parents die or he dies oneday and the morning won't come). Plus, what about letting some small bulb/lamp to be still on through night... at least in a time he tries to fall asleep, you can turn it off later to not have big bills for electricity?
 
Hi Nat and Spring,
I'm not sure I've posted all the details here or not but I will try to give a Reader's Digest version of what I've learned about his night time fears. He has said that he is afraid of his uncle from his past life in Africa (this sounds like his most recent past life although a psychic told me his most recent life was as a suicide bomber) will come and get him and take him back to that life.
Chansa, Fab told me about talking to him while he is asleep and at first I wasn't sure what to say other than that he is safe and that we love him. Then I found out about the uncle and have been telling him it is not possible while he is asleep.
He had a past life in Japan that he told me was his first lifetime. I have found out from him and a psychic that I was his mother. We had a livestock pen under the house, under his bedroom. We kept the livestock there to protect them from animal predators. Somehow, some kind of large cat animal, (psychic said snowleopard and my son did too but I have no idea if there ever were snow leopards in Japan) came and tried to get the livestock. Someone killed the mother leopard and then found her baby. The family raised the baby snow leopard and it grew up playing with my son. He later grew up and did not play with the snow leopard much any more as he was busy being some kind of king (this explains a lot about his present personality). I, his mother, apparently let the leopard in one day when my son came home and he tried to play with it and it mauled him. He died later of an infection. He has present life unexplained fevers for this reason. As he deals with this life time, the fevers are not quite as high and not as frequent. But they do get so bad that he gets delirious.
The present life fear --that there is a large cat type animal under his bed. Unfortunately, we hav seen mountain lions on our street and the neighbor boys told him. This does not help. We can't seem to dispel this not with logic anyway. Like how could the mountain lion get in our house, fit under your bed? etc etc We just spent $1,000.00 on a new bunk bed to address this problem. He also says that he sees what sounds like might be spirits-- I so just don't even know what is really happening that i can't argue with any of it although I'm pretty sure there are no mountain lions under his bed.
He has present life normal 6 year old boy fears but I feel like I can tell them apart.
Chansa-you've given me another good idea. I think I will speak directly to him about the mountain lion while he is asleep tonight.
I have been teaching him some coping techniques like surrounding himself in a white light bubble, and pretending to hold a balloon and blow his fears into it
then let the balloon go. He's now asking for a real balloon. At this point it hasn't helped but a mommy can still hope. I began giving him supplements a few weeks ago to stimulate his serotonin levels in his brain. All safe stuff for kids. I bought a meditation cd but need one more kid friendly.
I'd still appreciate any other ideas. You guys have been so great and patient to read my long posts.
One of us has to lay down with him because he literally will not/can not stay in his room by himself. Even doing that, it takes about 90 minutes to 2 hours to get him to sleep every night. We start at 8:00 p.m.
Vicky
 
Back
Top