• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Native American Dream

One of my earliest memories is being a native american from the 1800's. In this memory I was riding home from battle and had to deliver sad news to a childhood friend/enemy who was another boy. He was waiting on his horse with four elders beside him and you can see a beautiful sunset in the background. When my horse walked up to them I couldn't talk, but my sadness gave it away (I've got the feeling the elders were telepathic). My childhood friend noticed the beads around my neck. They belonged to his father before he died in battle. In fact, I was suppose to hand them over to him but he got upset and let out a yell to his fathers spirit. His cry into the wind was so sad and intense. I wanted to chase after him, but the elders stopped me with their eyes. One of the reasons why we became enemies is because his father treated me more like a son than him. But I always tried to be his friend and brother.

In this life I am very drawn to the native american culture, especially the Sioux. Whenever I hear someone chanting around a camp fire I get goosebumps and want to join in with them. I don't know if any of you believe in the paranormal, but I also had an experience with a native american whos spirit was trapped in our house (Ironically it was built in the 1800s). He must have trusted me to help him cross over because of my connection to the Sioux. When the session ended I heard ceremonial drumming coming from my bedroom closet. When it was snowing, I decided to walk down to the store. The town was so quiet that you can actually hear the snow falling to the ground. As soon as I walked by my neighbors house which has an old tree in the front yard, I saw the native american standing tall and proud. He didn't move or talk but telepathically I got the message that he was thankful for my help.
 
(deva) said:
In this life I am very drawn to the native american culture, especially the Sioux. Whenever I hear someone chanting around a camp fire I get goosebumps and want to join in with them. I don't know if any of you believe in the paranormal, but I also had an experience with a native american whos spirit was trapped in our house (Ironically it was built in the 1800s). He must have trusted me to help him cross over because of my connection to the Sioux. When the session ended I heard ceremonial drumming coming from my bedroom closet. When it was snowing, I decided to walk down to the store. The town was so quiet that you can actually hear the snow falling to the ground. As soon as I walked by my neighbors house which has an old tree in the front yard, I saw the native american standing tall and proud. He didn't move or talk but telepathically I got the message that he was thankful for my help.
Hi Deva,


I would encourage you to explore your affinity for Native American culture and history. I have some native american ancestry as well but never really explored it except once when my youngest sister and her daughter were doing some genealogical family research. My sister's husband at the time also had direct native american heritage that was traceable.


I suggested that my sister explore the possible linkage to native americans in our family tree (we are of african-american descent), but my sister pooh-pooed the notion, despite the fact that she uncovered evidence that we have Irish relatives in our past. And that's just on my father's side of the family.


If you were to see a picture of my father, he has very striking native american features. And it is well known that african slaves who fled their masters took refuge with native americans. As well, the Cherokee, Creeks, Seminole, Choctaw and Chickasaw owned slaves and some native amercans intermarried with slaves.


Years ago back in the '70's, I came across a black & white sepia toned print of a native american man, sitting on the ground smoking a pipe. I was inexplicably drawn to this print and the strong emotional feelings it illicited.


Needless to say, I purchased that print. I still have it to this day.


But I digress. Begin by exploring your genealogy. Who knows what you might find.


Dwain
 
Back
Top