• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

NEW 2.2 upgrade, questions, problems, and bug reports

Steve

Grand Poobah
Super Moderator
The upgrade of our XenForo forum software was completed this morning and so far, so good. This was a major upgrade, from our old 1.5 version that we had been using for 5 years, to this sleek version 2.2.

This thread is for any questions you have arising from the upgrade. Did the upgrade turn off some basic features? Is anything missing? Anything look weird or buggy?

The goal is to make sure, first, that we haven't lost anything important, before we go to the next phase of adding new features. There are a lot of new things we can do with this version 2.2.

Steve

Woah! The forum looks completely different! (Also kind of ironic that last night I added a server icon to the Discord server and I got it from the forum.)

I’m liking the look of the forum. Testing the mobile version, a couple of comments. The top banner is not very visible on my iPhone SE. It might be worth either getting rid of the banner altogether or readjusting the size for mobile if you can do that. The icons are also on the smaller size, perhaps due to the banner squashing everything. Have screen capped it.

Attachments

• 707FBFE7-C853-432D-8931-4B16414F41F9.png
    707FBFE7-C853-432D-8931-4B16414F41F9.png
    278.5 KB · Views: 6
I'm still not receiving email notifications for the forum - replies, mentions, likes etc

@landsend. Thanks for the bug report. We probably need to redo the appearance to be mobile responsive. Sounds like a project, not a quick fix. But it is something we need to do.

@helz_belz I'll see what I can do about email notifications. The backend is quite cryptic, but I've been able to figure out much of it by trial and error.

@landsend. Thanks for the bug report. We probably need to redo the appearance to be mobile responsive. Sounds like a project, not a quick fix. But it is something we need to do.

@helz_belz I'll see what I can do about email notifications. The backend is quite cryptic, but I've been able to figure out much of it by trial and error.
If you need any assistance let me know... I work in graphic design / front end web development by trade. It might be as simple as removing the banner for mobile if that's possible.

@landsend I'll take you up on your offer. What do you need to fix our mobile-responsive header?
I took a quick look at the code, and compared it against a similar forum. What it seems is that you have the banner set as a 'logo', and thus it resizes down as a logo. There are ways around to code it as a banner, but am wondering if the software you're using for this platform allows you to set it as a banner vs. a logo. I messed w/ the code very briefly and was able to set it as a header above your nav bar -- something like this. Again, this might be down to theme you are using. I'm not familiar with XenForo.

Attachments

• header-banner.JPG
    header-banner.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 5
@landsend Have you tried accessing the XenForo community forum? That's a great place for questions like this. I'm encouraging mods to get in the habit of going there to learn XenForo better and solve problems.

It's at https://xenforo.com/community/ Go there and register. I think to get into the "customer" sections you need special permission, which I can facilitate by adding your user name to a list. If you register, let me know what name you use.

Back