• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

New Orleans

Obie

Member
I had a psychic describe a PL dream in complete detail. I had a dream about New Orleans. I had never been to NOLA but could feel that that was where I was. I had never seen a Magnolia tree in my life but I saw one in my dream. When I googled the word "Magnolia" a couple years ago I saw the same tree from my dream. The psychic confirmed that I was in NOLA and that was my favorite place to travel to. She also told me I loved balconies which I sensed in my dream. I was standing on a balcony looking down. In this life, I love high rise buildings and I love to have a view of everything around me.

The psychic told me that I was not Lily Langtree but a performer/actress/singer similar to her. I sensed in my dream that I was a stage performer and that I was getting some minor notoriety. The psychic confirmed this. I performed mostly out in the West during the Wild West years. But my fav place was New Orleans to relax and come home to.

Were there any stage performers that were slightly famous. She said I had done quite a lot of performances in Leadville CO. Also she said I wore brooches a lot and had green eyes of a very unusual color. I saw the bright green eyes in my dream as well. The brooch was named after me in that life due to the frequency with which I wore it. I also wore some sort of ornate hat possibly with a feather.

I remember the house that I was standing in in my dream. It had a huge wrap around balcony on the 2nd floor. I was standing on it with a fan in my hand on either the left or right side and whistling at some men down below. I had a blonde friend who was about 20 feet away on that same balcony and there were many men on the balcony with us. There was a Magnolia tree very close to the side of the balcony where I was standing.

I felt like the clothes I wore didnt belong to either myself or the blonde girl. Like we had gotten those clothes thru ill gotten means.

Are there places in New Orleans with wraparound balconies that go all the way thruout the circumference of the house? Are there any where stage performers stayed at? Is this a hotel of some sort? I googled but I cant find any that look like what I have in mind.
 
A very detailed dream, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:


I can guarantee there were houses very similar to that in New Orleans, and there still are, although not as many. New Orleans being in Louisiana, had a lot of French influence, which is why the mansions where the way they were. I think when looking for houses of such a manner instead of googling them, get on a real estate website like realtor.com and pick a really expensive price as the highest price indicator.


That's all the advice I can really give, but I hope it helps.
 
Most plantation styled houses and hotels back then usually had warp around porches on both the first and second floors.


I'm quite certain that apartment buildings from the late 1800's and early 1900's mimicked the look as we have quite a few old and historical buildings where I live that look like that.


One clue would also be if in your dream you were in the country or the city. That may help you narrow down where to look.
 
Try Google Maps - they have street views of most cities - including New Orleans - where you can follow the streets and look at the buildings: http://alturl.com/8ovhm


Here are a few houses for sale with wrap around balconys:


http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/600-Esplanade-Ave_New-Orleans_LA_70116_M86043-08888


http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/912-Dumaine-Street_New-Orleans_LA_70116_M87000-02171


http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/904-Dauphine-St_New-Orleans_LA_70116_M85365-52404


http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1027-Chartres-St_New-Orleans_LA_70116_M78500-15703


A tour around Leadville, CO may give some glimpses from the past: http://www.leadville.com/walktour/19.htm


There may be microfilmed late 19:th century newspapers from Leadville available at the local library? Ads in the papers would tell about the artists who preformed there..
 
I will definitely try realtor.com. I have been on zillow.com and realtor.com A LOT lately and I dont know why it didnt occur to me to look up houses in New Orlean. Thanks for the suggestions Mamatus, Totoro and Indian. If any one else has any other suggestions, please let me know. I really want to know about this dream. I am planning a trip to New Orleans with some girlfriends for her bday and I am thinking of doing a tour of some New Orleans homes in the Garden District. Hopefully that would shed some light on my past.
 
Indian, Thanks so much! Those are all very helpful links :) The house I was in was inhabited by MANY people. It didnt have any other houses around it. It wasnt on a busy street or intersection at all. It was only 2 stories and the balcony was black. There was lush grass for miles in front with trees shading it on one side and a Magnolia tree far in front. I am not sure if I was in the front yard or back yard but I feel like I was standing on the back yard.
 
Back
Top