marissacre
Member
Hi there! It's refreshing to find a place where I can talk about my past lives without fear of judgment. Here are a few that I've been able to recall:
1. Late 1400s/early 1500s - I'm a man, working for an explorer. I'm walking up a dirt path up a hill/mountain. I was part of expedition to colonize a land and collect their gold/treasure while the flagship explorer was off in search of other settlements within the land. A worker ran up to me and told me "he" (the explorer) was back early. I was in charge of gathering the treasure and the explorer was back to check our progress. I looked around and saw ample treasure still being brought to be inventoried, and knew it was probably sufficient. However, I knew I would be shot on the spot if we didn't meet demand. I saw him walking up to me in a purple outfit and panicked. My eyes were drawn to the gun in his holster, but he wasn’t making a move to grab it. I remember being panicked, but I had to act calm and confident in our discoveries because he had a short temper.
2. Period unknown - I was a man again, in my late teens or early 20s. I looked to be of an indigenous/First Nation tribe. I was lying in a canoe that was still tethered to the dock. I was looking up at the Northern Lights and wondering what it was. I was moved to tears over how beautiful it was, and I couldn't imagine how they came to be there. I heard someone coming so I lifted my head to see a two men slightly older than me. I knew we were due to start a ceremony and I would be in a bit of trouble for wandering off. One of the men wore an eagle headdress and mask and had feathers going down his arms. They saw me and gave an annoyed laugh, as if they were annoyed but amused because I did this all the time.
3. Period unknown - Fort was under attack. So many Native Americans were coming down the mountain that it looked like the mountain was moving. I was a woman, in a frantic huddle with a few other adults. One of us, a man, was unaccounted for. Someone spoke up and told us where he had gone. I said, “He’s no longer safe,” and that we would move on without him because he lived beyond the fort, where the action was, so we couldn’t reach him without running through whatever conflict was happening. I ran up a mountain path to get head start from the enemy. I soon came to a cliff, overlooking mountains similar to the Blue Ridge Mountains. I desperately wanted to stop and remember how they looked in case we didn’t return, but knew I had to keep running.
In a seemingly related recollection, I was sitting around a fire on a reservation. Myself and many other white people had been captured/taken hostage. At one point, a native instructed me to count out a certain number of people (don't recall the exact number). They were led away. Finally, it got down to the last group, which included myself. I asked what would happen now and a woman told me, "You are death's belongings now."
4. 1800s, spring/summer: I was female again, standing in a stream as I was washing clothes. From where I stood, I was facing a field with a clothesline. Our home was in the distance. My children, both between the ages of 8-10, were playing, laughing so loud that I had to look up and see what was so funny. I was so proud and overjoyed to have two wonderful children who loved one another so much that it brought tears to my eyes. I specifically thought to myself, “This is a really hard time for our nation,” but I resolved that our children would never be affected by it, no matter what my husband and I went without. I knew my husband was off doing farm/ranch work. We had been pretty well-off, but with whatever was happening to the country, our savings was dwindling and we were approaching the point where we'd be cutting back and making changes.
These are just a few I remember. If anyone had similar experiences, I'd love to hear them!
1. Late 1400s/early 1500s - I'm a man, working for an explorer. I'm walking up a dirt path up a hill/mountain. I was part of expedition to colonize a land and collect their gold/treasure while the flagship explorer was off in search of other settlements within the land. A worker ran up to me and told me "he" (the explorer) was back early. I was in charge of gathering the treasure and the explorer was back to check our progress. I looked around and saw ample treasure still being brought to be inventoried, and knew it was probably sufficient. However, I knew I would be shot on the spot if we didn't meet demand. I saw him walking up to me in a purple outfit and panicked. My eyes were drawn to the gun in his holster, but he wasn’t making a move to grab it. I remember being panicked, but I had to act calm and confident in our discoveries because he had a short temper.
2. Period unknown - I was a man again, in my late teens or early 20s. I looked to be of an indigenous/First Nation tribe. I was lying in a canoe that was still tethered to the dock. I was looking up at the Northern Lights and wondering what it was. I was moved to tears over how beautiful it was, and I couldn't imagine how they came to be there. I heard someone coming so I lifted my head to see a two men slightly older than me. I knew we were due to start a ceremony and I would be in a bit of trouble for wandering off. One of the men wore an eagle headdress and mask and had feathers going down his arms. They saw me and gave an annoyed laugh, as if they were annoyed but amused because I did this all the time.
3. Period unknown - Fort was under attack. So many Native Americans were coming down the mountain that it looked like the mountain was moving. I was a woman, in a frantic huddle with a few other adults. One of us, a man, was unaccounted for. Someone spoke up and told us where he had gone. I said, “He’s no longer safe,” and that we would move on without him because he lived beyond the fort, where the action was, so we couldn’t reach him without running through whatever conflict was happening. I ran up a mountain path to get head start from the enemy. I soon came to a cliff, overlooking mountains similar to the Blue Ridge Mountains. I desperately wanted to stop and remember how they looked in case we didn’t return, but knew I had to keep running.
In a seemingly related recollection, I was sitting around a fire on a reservation. Myself and many other white people had been captured/taken hostage. At one point, a native instructed me to count out a certain number of people (don't recall the exact number). They were led away. Finally, it got down to the last group, which included myself. I asked what would happen now and a woman told me, "You are death's belongings now."
4. 1800s, spring/summer: I was female again, standing in a stream as I was washing clothes. From where I stood, I was facing a field with a clothesline. Our home was in the distance. My children, both between the ages of 8-10, were playing, laughing so loud that I had to look up and see what was so funny. I was so proud and overjoyed to have two wonderful children who loved one another so much that it brought tears to my eyes. I specifically thought to myself, “This is a really hard time for our nation,” but I resolved that our children would never be affected by it, no matter what my husband and I went without. I knew my husband was off doing farm/ranch work. We had been pretty well-off, but with whatever was happening to the country, our savings was dwindling and we were approaching the point where we'd be cutting back and making changes.
These are just a few I remember. If anyone had similar experiences, I'd love to hear them!