• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Next Life Plans?

fiziwig

moderator emeritus
Ever give any thought to what you might want to do NEXT time?

I'd really like to be a composer and write classical-style music for movies.

But another part of me really wants to be a simple Buddhist monk again.

Do you suppose we have much say in what we'll become in our next incarnation?

Kelly,

I chuckled when I read your post. Throughout my life there have times when I DO know what I need to do on some levels but not WHAT I want to do on others.

Fiziwig,
I want a life of service next time. It was my father's mother who first suggested it to me when I was a child. I know it doesn't have anything to do with fame, wealth, or riches, or along the lines of curing a major disease. I think it has to do with making a difference one on one, sometimes by example and other times being there for people.

IMHO:
I don't think there is any ONE mechanism determining our next life. I think it is a combination of conciousness, subconcious, and spiritual/soul. I do think there is also an element of 'nature' to the process.

It is clear to ME that some people are repeating lives in very similar circumstances and remain attracted to these circumstances even under powerful spiritual pressure to avoid the circumstances. I get far too many cries for help from people in this area to ignore. It seems as if they HAVE to act conciously in physical existence to end the attraction. Once they do, they can move on to new lessons.

Kat

Tehetehetehte,

Well, I for one will be back..I like creating...playing..and effectively bringing about change. I know I will be a man next time, with a mixed cultural or ethic background, darker skin, and small build.. (alas its cool when your a woman..but I already know I won't like it as a man... LOLOLOL ) I also know I will remember aspects of me "now"...in fact I am planning on finding "Deborah" -- in the future!

Love,
Deborah

hello everyone!

personally, i wouldn't want to come back. i've lived too many lives and sometimes i feel so old and tired, soul-wise. but if i had to come back, i would probably be a farmer's wife in rural japan and live off of the land. i've seen documentaries about these people and although their lives seem difficult, they are so in harmony with nature. that's what i would like. hmmm...come to think of it, i would love to own an inn that is built around hot springs - that way i can have a nice, relaxing soak at the end of the long day.

blessings all!

jereldeen

Okay, I tried really hard but I just couldn't resist adding this:

One sunny Tuesday, Jack, Joe, and Jake hopped into Jack's car and headed off to work. As they barreled down the freeway, a sleepy semi driver crossed the divider and ran head-on into the hapless carpoolers. Fortunately, they didn't suffer at all.

Instead, their souls were instantly lifted high above the earth and gently deposited at the top of a cliff. Beyond the cliff was an azure sky dotted with puffy clouds. Looking the other way was an endless stretch of emerald green grass,a sparkling river snaking off into the distance and copses of enormous, park-like trees. It was stunningly beautiful. Just then, a pearly glowing Light settled down nearby and a deep voice, filled with love and compassion, intoned, "Approach my sons".

"Are we in heaven?" asked Joe.

"No," the Light answered, "You get reincarnated. Eight out of ten people on earth can't be wrong, can they?"

"Wow! Does that mean we get to go back?" asked Jake.

"Yes," the voice sighed heavily (but lovingly), "As many times as it takes."

"What do we do next?" asked Jack.

"Just tell me your choice for reincarnation and jump off the cliff," the Light explained.

Joe ran towards the cliff and leaped like a sky diver shouting, "I want to be an eagle!"

And POOF! He was an eagle.

Next, Jake ran towards the cliff, leaped out into the air like a bungee jumper and shouted, "I want to be a condor!" and POOF, he was a condor.

Grinning like a fool, Jack ran towards the cliff but just as he was about to leap, his foot hit a rock. "I want to be a..." and as he fell, Jack said, "Oh, sh--!" and POOF!

Sorry, 'bout that. You may all go on back to the more serious discussion. Don't mind me.

Kat

[This message has been edited by Kateet (edited 09-20-2000).]

A musician (pianist or guitarist) a writer or a singer---that's what I wanna be, despite the fact that I may have to "beg, borrow or steal" and live in the poorhouse. I just wish I would be enlightened early enough to have the courage to take that road less travelled by.

JK

Dearest friends,
I'm still pondering what I'd like to do/and/or be next time around. I'm one of those funny folk that hold to the old addage "be careful what you wish for", but, I think it's more important how you phrase what you wish for.
So, let me see.......kidding around with my husband one night, I told him next time, let's switch gender roles. I can be the man, and you can be the woman. I wonder how much I left the door open on that one. :-O
To be quite honest, there's a strong need/desire within me to want to help others. It doesn't have to be on a grand scale. Even just a one on one would be nice. I'm not sure I have any grand designs for a career in say the medical field or law. Tho' those two do hold a distinct interest for me. One thing I do know is I love to travel. I love seeing may different places and meeting all sort of different people. Making friends along the way is another key thing. True deep abiding friendships, topped off with with a heaping scoop of unconditional love for that special someone.
Gee, don't I sound like a big old moosh-pot? LOL.
Blessings always,
Argente

I'm kind of with Jereldeen, in that I'm really sick of having to come to this nasty place to begin with. Everything has to be a trial...ugh.

But if I have to come back, I'd say I'd probably want to have musical ability again, only this time I'll do more with it. I think in this life, I haven't done much with it simply because I'm sickened by the underhandedness and coldness permeating the music industry. I'd like to play just to play, but that doesn't pay the bills. Oh well.

I just hope I don't have to go back to Europe and deal with the Holocaust life. And with all the Earth's overpopulation, if it's still that way when I can come back...I'm not coming back.

Sunday

Dear Sunday,

Hold on to your hat, Kat's going to be serious. I have two books to recommend reading for anyone with Holocaust memories:

'Beyond the Ashes'
and
'From Ashes to Healing'

These were written by Rabbi Yonassan Gershom

specifically about and for Holocaust victims who've reincarnated, particularly the second book. They are filled with reincarnation stories including those who are still Jewish and those born into Gentile families. I was planning to tell Catseye about them too.

And JK,
I think if you want to come back as a song writer/musician then you should. I just have this feeling you'll stand the world on it's ear because when someone has a longing, it is also a calling. You have something to say and you have picked a wonderful way to want to say it. How could you NOT suceed?
Then I'll be saying, in my own next life, that I just KNOW this person is familiar to me somehow. But, of course, you'll be famous and wealthy and totally out of my humble circle and you won't care about the fame or the wealth because its the work that really matters, right? Of course, right.

THEN BAD/GOOD:
I love life. Have you ever thought about how much good we wouldn't know or feel if it weren't for the bad? We wouldn't need each other or care so much without it, I think.

Love You All, Kat

Thanks, Kat, but I read the books and did not find them very comforting. I found them very interesting and very intelligent...at least the first one...the second one had stories--except for one or two--that just seemed off-the-wall to me. But overall, I believe the books were more concerned with Judaism and how the Holocaust affected the Jewish race and faith, not with the feelings and fears of those who believe they died in the Holocaust in a past life. Also, the first book strongly suggested anyone who was not born Jewish in this lifetime had "abandonded" the faith--a totally ridiculous idea in my opinion.

The second book did trigger a major past life dream for me...a dream that had nothing what-so-ever to do with being Jewish or with WWII. Go figure! But that dream did break one of the strongholds the Holocaust past life had on my mind. I think what I need to discover is the life directly before the Holocaust one...and that will explain what I was doing in the Holocaust in the first place...and then all strongholds will be broken.

Actually, however, as I was telling someone recently in an e-mail, just talking about my past life Holocaust dreams in this forum has knocked down many blockades in my mind...and has helped me to "see" glimpses of other past lives...which is a good feeling...because ANY past life is better then the Holocaust one...it's like getting UNSTUCK after so many years of being stuck.

So, I do want to sincerely and graciously thank all of you who have listened to me ramble on about my Holocaust nightmares. You've done for me what no past life book was able to do...and possibly what no past life therapy would have done...because I'm very writing/written word inclined...talking does not reap for me the same benefits that writing does. So, thanks to you all, and thanks to Carol, Steve & Pat for this very warm, very sincere forum.

Sunday

I don't want to have to come back. I want to be able to help people (like my grandchildren) from behind the scene, so to speak.

But, given my attachment to worldly things and desires...

Fat Chance!

Hi everyone,
I would love to come back as a person who can help people. Someone who is good at making things like sculptures and everything. That would be great.

I know that this was an old topic, but I had to add my desires to the list.

My one desire may sound a little silly, but I just want to experience being a child again. I want to see the world from a blank slate and rediscover "life" once again as a boy. ...with all of its frustrations, wonderments, and simple pleasures.

Even if my next childhood is more difficult than the one I had this time around, I still look forward to just being a boy again.

Rob

Hello everyone,

personally what I want in my next life is the same thing that I have wished for in every life. All I want is to have a wonderful wife and children and live on a farm.

I know I had this in the late 1700s and I'm working on it now as we speak. All i need is a farm and children. For me working the land and raising a good family is the most noble thing a person could do. I strived for this in every life but usually a war kept changing my plans.

Take Care

I know what I want...I want to have what I was supposed to have in this life. I wanted to be married to the woman that I was supposed to marry the previous lifetime. She is my soulmate. I was killed in the war and could not marry her or be a father to our child. I want to learn how to be a good husband and father. Most of my lives have been spent being a warrior with little time to be a father or husband.

This is if God allows me to and doesn't have something else for me planned. This would be my last life as a human. After Margret and I have this one last human life, we will return to where we belong. Konig des Drachen.

Whoa, I have really mixed feelings on this one...Part of me really doesn't want to keep coming back. There's just too much suffering, both mine and that of others around me.

Another part of me is insatiably curious about what will happen in the future here--like, will FTL travel be developed? What are quarks made of? That part of me wants to come back over and over just to see how it all turns out.

Still another part of me wants to address issue #1 via issue #2, and come back to help those who suffer. Mostly because I feel crappy when I imagine just going off into freedom and leaving so many others stuck.

I might enjoy being a baseball player, because that's as foreign to my current experience as I can get! I'd like to know what it's like to be tall, to be strong and fast, and to be admired by lots of people.

Or a sex-symbol in films, so I could see the expression in other people's eyes when they looked at me. What would it be like to be beautiful?

cashew (sweet li'l nut)

I feel your actions,attachments,interests,thoughts,feelings and desires espicially as you are dying most determine your next life.If you strongly feel there is something you want to be that you'll be it eventually.Maybe not today,maybe not tommorrow,but someday and for the rest of that life lol.

Well I'll say this much, I don't plan on there being a next life at least not on the plane. I work on ridding myself of the illusionary desire and attachments that have kept me bound to repeat my lessons. I plan on elevating higher spiritually after I've completed my schooling here.

I feel your actions,attachments,interests,thoughts,feelings and desires espicially as you are dying most determine your next life.If you strongly feel there is something you want to be that you'll be it eventually.Maybe not today,maybe not tommorrow,but someday and for the rest of that life lol.response-I believe the schooling never ends.There will always be more to learn and those who don't like the idea of returning know it's not a bad thing.There is good and bad to everything but it's the learning that is the goal a goal that can never fully be realized.The journey itself is the goal and everyone shall eventually learn the journey's joy and then you shall have achieved the greatest goal of all eternal joy and eternal rebirth.I believe nothing ends for it is always just beginning.The key of perfection and happiness is to learn to enjoy the journey and bypass the negative.Why should the journey stop once it gets good?The idea of a cycle of rebirth is the idea that if something is a cycle it countinues.Even if you should achieve "perfection" if indeed anything can ever be perfect you start the journey again each time different and even more glorious.All the universe is but a stage and we constantly switch roles and with any luck the show you see will teach you something that you can use in your next performance.Creation like all else is influence.We are here to create forever.

[This message has been edited by zetascair20086 (edited 02-09-2002).]

As far as schooling I know that never ends, but as many people should know there is much more to the universe and existence than human beings. There are many different forms, spaces etc where a soul can exist. Personally the lesson of earth is a lesson many people repeat for a reason and in a lot of cases it is becuase we become so attached to what is here. My soul has been repeating these lessons for centuries on this plane, this I do know and what I do know is different for me is that at an early age I knew this would be my last time being a fleshly being on this planet, I finally started to remember what my lifes purpose was on this earth in order for me to progress and learn more. Knowing that a lot of what I was taught in society by parents, schooling is a form of learning but at the sametime not what I needed to progress spiritually as a matter of fact more of a hindrance due to the fact the so called "paranormal" which is actually normal if you are not in a state of spiritual sleep is classified as science fiction and entertainment more times than not, and since I was young I always considered the real meaning of science fiction to be science fact-in-carnation. It is no coinsidence that more and more people are remembering, the time is now many are waking up and no longer ignoring the insights that are awakening within themselves.

The cliff joke was soooooo funny!!!

I know the first four letter word that would fly out of my mouth, so at least I'd be assured a future as a lady of the evening.

As for future lives:

I am actually sort of future phobic. I consider THIS life a bit too far in the future for me, always have; I finally got around to appreciating things like computers and digital cable and microwaves, but (except for the computer) I don't use them for much, and would be just as happy going back to the way I lived before. I don't even own a car!

If I could go back in the time line, I would, and live lives around people I would have enjoyed knowing. Da Vinci, Rilke, Mozart, Richard III, the like. If I could pick absolutely the life I wanted, it would be to go back and be Katherine de Valois, and be married both to Henry V AND Owen Tudor, who founded the Tudor line, and was the ONLY Tudor worth gold until Elizabeth came along. I know their lives ended badly, but what LOVE. I've missed that this time around.

------------------
"Now it is time that gods came walking out of lived -in Things."

Rainer Maria Rilke, German poet, 1875-1926

Interesting subject. Everybody, I absolutely have NO idea what I wanna be in a future life...I knida wanna know italian though...it sucks not being born knowing it...hehe. Speruoc, you are awesome!And I thought I was the only one who thought technology was way too advanced for me! I mean, I do enjoy radios, DVD players, etc... and I don't have a car either- I was starting to think that I was the only one who thought like that...hehe, sorry I just had to share this....and about Da Vinci...that man was amazing...I wonder if he's here walking the earth right now...ok, sorry, back to future lives :)...

I think it would be interesting to be a political leader or someone like that who helps people out, I love to help people when I can. I've always admired political leaders who are honest and try to do the right thing all the time and not just bribe people left and right like so many do today, but also have a determined personality with a lot of backbone.

In this life I'm defenitely going after careers in the entertainment industry and try a lot of different things. I like to take things one day at a time and don't worry too much. I love to travel and meet new people. I live in a small town right now. Even though I have friends and stuff, I get lonely and bored because there's not many new experiences here. My family thinks I'm weird becase they like everything to be safe all the time, but I like adventure and to take chances so other than career choices I really don't have many plans for this life yet.

With all that's been happening, I definately want to come back as an American, and be either a fire fighter, or a police officer.

Ever give any thought to what you might want to do NEXT time?

A fun and interesting question! I'd like to come back as a female violinist or as an opera singer in Europe! :D I definitely want to be female -- and definitely want to be involved in The Arts on some level. I'd also love to come back into a large and loving family -- with tons of siblings!

What about the rest of you?

Aili :D

In my next life, I want to be who i've been unable to be in my present life, and that is to be.....myself, my real self...;)

I don't mind what I end up doing, but i'd like all the people I love in this life to be around me in some way, if that's possible...;)

And i'd like the things that didn't work out for me in this life, to work for me in the next life, like a good marriage, my own family etc. That'll be enough to keep me happy...:)

“That man is rich whose pleasures are the cheapest.” Henry David Thoreau

It doesn't take that much to make me happy really. I don't want to "do" anything. Just continue to evolve and help in whatever way I can. How amiss of me...I want a job that doesn't require a lot of energy. And if it can help me in some spiritual way that would be nice.

Peace, love, family, and children. Away from the city. And with a personality as little like my present one as possible.

Before that, though, I think I'll just fly for awhile . . .

Lonewolf

I'd life to come back as someone with an easier life, but a more enjoyable one. Probably a life where I experience more such as more partying, more decadence etc. In this life I feel I took life too seriously that I missed out on excitement and enjoyment that children and teenagers usually go thru. I'd probably like to be less worried about making mistakes and instead learning from my mistakes.

I'd also like more love in my life. More deep meaningful friendships, friendships that last longer, more loving, supportive family, more romance as well.

Back